Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Do You Still Remember This (picture) - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do You Still Remember This (picture) (65013 Views)

Remember This? First generation SIM packs (photo) / Remember This Phone?(PICS) / Photo: Who Remember This Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 05, 2015
internetpirate:
Stop lying!!!

Whatever I still have my reciept which is clearly written as 1999
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by internetpirate: 12:16pm On Apr 05, 2015
Show me and I'd give you a gift! I dare you to scan and show me!

irunoobo:

Whatever I still have my reciept which is clearly written as 1999
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by jiggalo(m): 12:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
dannywest01:
Bought the promo pack for 12,500 now it's given out free. God bless naija
And Glo for the competition that made it cheap.
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by neejay1986(m): 12:21pm On Apr 05, 2015
golddeejay:
1999?...93k?. Iro loma pa e
Please tell her one more time. really wish to know why some ladies dey form yeye, wetin you be.....mtcheeeeewww!
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by blank(f): 12:23pm On Apr 05, 2015
My dad bought mine and my flip non camera motorola for quite a lot money. I also bought Nitel's "Rose". It was the best. Free sms to other Nitel numbers, free night calls to other Nitel numbers, etc. This was when others were still on 50naira per minute calls.

It got stolen and it was too much hassle to replace. I even went to State Force CID in Ikoyi to report my lost phone. They kept staring at my audacity.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by idupaul: 12:24pm On Apr 05, 2015
Tolzeal:
grin

Indomie Generation kiddos Would be like ...What the Heck is this ??

Anyways, I was just searching thru my stuffs. & viola I got this, My MTN sim pack , Back then In 2003/04 I think. grin

Indomie has been popular on since the early 90s and mtn came in 2001 . So what are u saying
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by DECOtech(m): 12:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
I remember my uncle traveling from Owerri to PH to buy his for 27k. a week later, it dropped to 8k then to 6k. I quickly bought mine and kept pending when i can afford a GSM phone (my first was a Sendo) fearing it would shoot up again to its exorbitant price of 35k but it kept dropping. Now they park their buses by the road, play music and dance for you, cajole you to take their sim cards for free.

Wow! ...power of competition.
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by neejay1986(m): 12:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
internetpirate:
GSM was started in 2000 and officially launched in 2001! How could you have bought a sim in 1999? Some lies don't add up! Abeg, apologise to those who don't know better! Please don't argue...Google is your friend!

You see your life! 1999.....93k sim for 12 years old girl...Smh for you!
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by Chinom(m): 12:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
I paid N20,000 for this poo in one of those pretentious, bogus shops along Allen Avenue, Ikeja. The company is bankrupt now. Serves them right.

Now they are given it out for free. I hope we can get power supply that cheap in the future. Not free, but cheaper rates and available.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
internetpirate:
Show me and I'd give you a gift! I dare you to scan and show me!

What gift? Be specific and let me know if its Worth it
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by iamord(m): 12:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
Tolzeal:
grin

Anyways, I was just searching thru my stuffs. & viola I got this, My MTN sim pack , Back then In 2003/04 I think. grin
wow a blast from the past. having this sim was like an award. I got mine for 5k . u can just imagine. now its soo cheap. and comes in a smaller pack
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by Simpson101(m): 12:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=15pt]Yes I do

I bought my 1st Mtn sim in 1999 . then sim card was sold for 93k. Good old days smiley[/size]

Guy, which sim you buy for 1999, when MTN came to Naija in 2001...
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by rumomonga(m): 12:48pm On Apr 05, 2015
izzyboy10:
Nairalanders will be calling a generation "Indomie Generation".
When this sim pack was been sold was when Indomie came out too.

Indomie has been around since the '90s
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by deletrue: 1:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=15pt]Yes I do

I bought my 1st Mtn sim in 1999 . then sim card was sold for 93k. Good old days smiley[/size]
Good old days. I feel like turning round and head back to the then days.
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by obi007(m): 1:12pm On Apr 05, 2015
Then I bought mine 15k and my nokia 3310 15k now the sim is 200 naira and nokia 33310 is now for free. Chai there is God ooooooOooo
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 05, 2015
Tolzeal:
grin

Back when you folks typed on nairaland from business centers only grin
You go ask person question,it will take days for him to answer
Nairaland was better then,we didn't have a lot of riff raffs coming online
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by dammmy(m): 1:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=15pt]Yes I do

I am in love with your moniker....
Only a yoruba nigga will know why...smiles
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by niceguy7(m): 1:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
Yeah....i cld remember then....my mum bought her own 25,000. Then....mtn tin gba eyan tipe tipe...lol.
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by Alexisu: 1:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
I remember it, in fact mine is still intact. Bought it in 2005.
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by intrepid: 1:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
Hmmmm those days.Who would believe that we once made calls for N60/minute?
MTN really show naija nwiiii
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by HARDDON: 2:10pm On Apr 05, 2015
how life changes!

the money for that singular pack can be used to set up a full accessories shop today!
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by internetpirate: 2:14pm On Apr 05, 2015
Omoge, you're on the defensive! grin just to puncture your balloon further, Obasanjo officially started his tenure in 1999, how could he have started the GSM program, launch it and make sim cards available within the same year? Remember that the bidding process started from 1999? What about the time to set up infrastructure?

Anyway, my gift would be a good a good kiss and a pat on the back to go an sin no more! cheesy

irunoobo:

What gift? Be specific and let me know if its Worth it
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by gebest: 2:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
Skillfullulu:
yeah, but nitel first( 0804)
the mobile line is not called nitel is called MTEL 0804.
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by moonraker(m): 2:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
Dad bought one for me back then for 60k from the MTN Matori office.

its came with a motorola talkabout. angry

I want my money back angry
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by Tolzeal(m): 3:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
babyosisi:

Back when you folks typed on nairaland from business centers only grin
You go ask person question,it will take days for him to answer
Nairaland was better then,we didn't have a lot of riff raffs coming online

lols.. Yeah baby. Back then In 05/06. though NL not popular then dou. and the forum outlook aint like this.
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by Tolzeal(m): 3:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
idupaul:

Indomie has been popular on since the early 90s and mtn came in 2001 . So what are u saying

Why did you fail to understand.
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by Skillfullulu(m): 3:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
gebest:
the mobile line is not called nitel is called MTEL 0804.
it was nitel then latter when transcorp bought it em change it to mtel
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by treasuredm(f): 3:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
Clearly remember d day dad bought d sim card n phone.. He returned at about 9pm n called us all to sit n memorize d number... Even mom... Good old days
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by lovely17(m): 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
yeh saw it in my daddy room didn't use though
Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by dannywest01: 3:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
jiggalo:

And Glo for the competition that made it cheap.
true. Glo came around and sold theirs for 3k... And that was the beginning of their downfall lol

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This (picture) by zicoy6k: 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2015
izzyboy10:
Nairalanders will be calling a generation "Indomie Generation".
When this sim pack was been sold was when Indomie came out too.
It seems u dnt know wen indomie came out my friend. Do a lil research and u will know u r wrong.Pls dont ask me to tell you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Etisalat Reduces Price Of Blackberry Plan / Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! / MTN Headquarters Office In Lagos, Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.