Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists (18667 Views)

Russian Plane Crashes On Its Way To Syria. 9 Journalists, 83 Others Aboard / Journalists In Tipper Truck For Ghana’s 59th Independence Day / Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by eempire: 4:11pm On Apr 05, 2015
temitemi1:
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE is my role MODEL!!

Wake up............................ wake up tongue
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by Ephemmm: 4:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
temitemi1:

See the picking wey dey talk say him mother dey wear napkin in the public tongue tongue : tongue

See the picking wey dey wish death for other candidate all cos of election tongue tongue tongue

See the pickin wey dey slap judges and lawyers inside the courtroom just because of Federal power tongue tongue embarassed

See the administrator wey they rule with 5 legislators instead of 19

Nigerians will prefer abacha to your role model walahi grin grin
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by zicoraads: 4:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
Some of you just sit in the comfort of your homes and type whatever you feel like typing without having any idea of what the real story is.

Do you think the State is foolish or the NA just wants bad public publicity for itself?
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by bhadmux(m): 4:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
[quote author=Litmus post=32370611]It will be interesting to see if Buhari compels the military to free these so-called Journalists. Of course the journalists could be freed due to pressure from Buhari in a way that hides the fact but I'm not a fan of those paradoxes whose purpose is to justify our purpose.

An example of a paradox that justifies our purpose is the one from which neither Johnathan or the North was able to escape leading up to the election and which still persists now. This is how it persists - if Bokoharam continues to wreck havoc in the North, Johnathan supporters will argue that, Buhari and the North want to keep up the terrorism for a short time longer just so it wont look suspicious that they are the ones sponsoring Bokoharam. On the other hand, supporters of Buharri will argue that the terrorism continues because Johnathan is the sponsors of Bokoharam and wants to destroy the north and Buhari's reputation. If the terrorism ends, Johnathan supporters will argue that Buhari ended it because he had the power to as their sponsors.

The upshot is, Buhari should not intervene, let the military do their job. If Buhari intervenes he'll rightly be viewed as a puppet of outside powers and Nigerians should be sure that we're in trouble as a nation. If the military frees the journalists we should not accuse Buhari of applying pressure unless there's irrefutable evidence.

What are you trying to say ....
Can somebody translate this please
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by zicoraads: 4:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
ITbomb:
The military has since handed them over to DSS, going to court will not solve anything cos they were taken in a war zone.
It is callous to see Nigerians defending this people after all their hate reporting.
I wish it was CNN reporters, I would have loved to see America foam and rant like a baby whose milk has been taken away
Political, ethnic and religious sentiments.
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by azzy1: 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
You are an original sawere
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by agurza(f): 4:32pm On Apr 05, 2015
temitemi1:
you don finally recover?
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by jaybee(f): 4:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
Litmus:
It will be interesting to see if Buhari compels the military to free these so-called Journalists. Of course the journalists could be freed due to pressure from Buhari in a way that hides the fact but I'm not a fan of those paradoxes whose purpose is to justify our purpose.

An example of a paradox that justifies our purpose is the one from which neither Johnathan or the North was able to escape leading up to the election and which still persists now. This is how it persists - if Bokoharam continues to wreck havoc in the North, Johnathan supporters will argue that, Buhari and the North want to keep up the terrorism for a short time longer just so it wont look suspicious that they are the ones sponsoring Bokoharam. On the other hand, supporters of Buharri will argue that the terrorism continues because Johnathan is the sponsors of Bokoharam and wants to destroy the north and Buhari's reputation. If the terrorism ends, Johnathan supporters will argue that Buhari ended it because he had the power to as their sponsors.

The upshot is, Buhari should not intervene, let the military do their job. If Buhari intervenes he'll rightly be viewed as a puppet of outside powers and Nigerians should be sure that we're in trouble as a nation. If the military frees the journalists we should not accuse Buhari of applying pressure unless there's irrefutable evidence.

Who told you Buhari wants to intervene?

In what capacity dou you think Buhari should contemplate intervening?

Is Buhari now the judge during on this case?

Your ranting is as in coherent as what you want to insinuate.

Leave Buhari out of this matter. When he assume the position of president of the federal republic he will do the needful.
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by XBLadez: 4:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
Aljazeerah is an Islamic terrorist entity. They should be jailed
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by doalli: 4:52pm On Apr 05, 2015
Inkman:

Source: http://ynaija.com/detained-al-jazeera-journalists-file-lawsuit-nigerian-army/
.....NA i fink na BH u dey battle y journalists na.... abegi release dem joor...u corrupt set of people...The NA bad belle
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by doalli: 4:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
XBLadez:
Aljazeerah is an Islamic terrorist entity. They should be jailed
...now I see d reason y ur friends call u fool...u be big MUMU....Aljazeerah is know worldwide to be one of d sincere media organisations if not only one...
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by luvinhubby(m): 5:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
cirmuell:
I hope you get detained someday with all your rights denied, then you'll know how it feels. I don't know when Nigerians will start using the proper channels in handling stuffs.
If i do anything illegal or without due process, i will not cry injustuce when penalised.
Those aljazeerah journalists knew the area was under millitary operation & went in there without proper clearance for their useless scoop meant to ridicule the army. Let them face the music.
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by luvinhubby(m): 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2015
Toktee:
what do you know about reporting on the frontline?
Nigerian Army wanted to cover their weakness thereby denying all the journalist access to the war front,in syria/iraq where ISIS is ravaging the two countries,the whole war on terror is watched by the whole world,why is Nigerian case different?
The reason is that,prior to election,Jonathan in a league with the army,wanted to tell nigerians what they want to hear,and that is exactly what they were doing vha olukolade,the presence of Aljazeera there was seen as distraction,period.
And the foreign press goes into war zones without millitary clearance in Syria is what you are saying?. lipsrsealed
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2015
Nigeria army are known for frustrating Nigerias and foreigners, during NDA entrance examinations thousands of Nigeria wrote their exams instead of them to release de results what de do is, de shortlisted fifty man names from each state out of thousands dat wrote de exams. De worst part of it is de results are not released on time de wait until jamb closed selling change of institutions forms before de release their family members names and end up frustrating many Nigerians. Causing Nigerias not to go to school
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by johnsonjosbles(m): 5:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
Yungwizzzy:

Our robot has been reprogrammed

fayose your role model? asari dokunbo most be the owner of this project
bros the thing tire me oh! They should call Isreal hacker. Guys employed to hack INEC data to pls release these e-Robots from e-detention! Election test run is over abeg!
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by Mayems(m): 5:48pm On Apr 05, 2015
temitemi1:
you're a shameless squid, after APC's victory, Nairaland saw peace as you went hiding. now you're back looking for trouble going from 1 post to another commenting thesame thing to frustrate progressives and well meaning Nigerians. Nigeria doesn't deserve people like u. Grow up and stop behaving like a possesed child causing his parent sadness.
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by richidinho(m): 5:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
ademega:
They just want to create international press enimity for this country at large

Its obvious u guys don't reason b4 posting sh1t here

Ask yourself why always Aljazeera journalist

First it was Israel
Second Egypt
Now. Nigeria
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by ollyruffy: 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
The problem here is that the current NA is a annexe of the PDP. If not, we would have asked for a fair trial of these guys.

But knowing that the current NA is part of PDP, they need to release those guys asap before dragging what is left in Nigeria name through the mud of international press.
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by ibietela2(m): 6:48pm On Apr 05, 2015
[s]
Obiagelli:
Why can't they just allow these people go? What is the point of holding them.
[/s]

You have taken over Berem reasoning capabilities
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by ibietela2(m): 6:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
[s]
kastonkastrol:
the Nigeria military should release those journalists ASAP. We don't want any mainstream media that will lunch silly propaganda against the incoming government of Buhari
[/s]

Sometimes I wonder if really you people are NIGERIANS

1 Like

Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by yetunsbay(m): 6:52pm On Apr 05, 2015
dunkem21:

I have not heard people complain about non payment of salary arrears in Ekiti as we heard in Osun.

dnt worry after May 29 u wudnt again
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by ibietela2(m): 6:53pm On Apr 05, 2015
[s]
efilefun:
I dont see why they still holding unto those journalists.. atleast election is over and all PDP's Rigging had been done without al-jazeera showing it live to the world, so why are they still been detained
[/s]

Yimu they went to a war zone without clearance
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by Precide(m): 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
papaejima1:
Remind me again, what did Aljazeera do to the Egyptian govt over their detained staff?

Nothing but rant and rave.
You control the airwaves, the NA controls the power.
If any of those guys are found to in anyway compromise our security or intelligence protocols, please charge them to court and jail them if guilty. AJ staff are not above the law.
just help me beg them not to go on hunger-strike like their counterparts in d egyptian prison coz naija no go last them oo. Happy Prison life to the lawless journalists
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by cirmuell(m): 7:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
luvinhubby:

If i do anything illegal or without due process, i will not cry injustuce when penalised.
Those aljazeerah journalists knew the area was under millitary operation & went in there without proper clearance for their useless scoop meant to ridicule the army. Let them face the music.
Bro lets be real here, places more dangerous & volatile than Borno up there get real time media coverages. Even if those guys didn't have the proper clearance, that doesn't justify NA holding them captive for that long, unless they really have something up their sleeves. Na we still go dey critize these media houses if they say NA is violating human rights, say you see am now?

*@bolded, it's 'cause you haven't experienced it. Pray you don't become a victim of a 'mistaken identity' in the hands of just NPF someday, na then you go know what's up.
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by luvinhubby(m): 8:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
cirmuell:
Bro lets be real here, places more dangerous & volatile than Borno up there get real time media coverages. Even if those guys didn't have the proper clearance, that doesn't justify NA holding them captive for that long, unless they really have something up their sleeves. Na we still go dey critize these media houses if they say NA is violating human rights, say you see am now?

*@bolded, it's 'cause you haven't experienced it. Pray you don't become a victim of a 'mistaken identity' in the hands of just NPF someday, na then you go know what's up.
There is no case of mistaken identity here my friend, Al jazeerah has often times projected a false & incorrect assesment of the NA and the war on terror. Most times they ignore the positives while stressing the negatives unecceassarily thereby undermining the activities of the army, poisoning peoples mind against them & demoralising the fighting men, acts that obviously are a threat to national security & breaches existing intelligence protocol as covering fighting areas without millitary permission clearly do.
The al jazeerah journalists got permission to cover the elections in Borno state, what led them into nocturnal coverage of fighting area without permission from the authorities even after the army had led journalists on a tour of the war zone.
I only advice the army to put them on proper trial without prolonged detention and this they appear to be doing in handing them over to DSS.
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by AkProsper(m): 8:32pm On Apr 05, 2015
Its Only In Nigeria This Can Happen. Why Did They Try It With Egypt.
#long_ Hissssssssss
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by charmingeyes(m): 11:15pm On Apr 05, 2015
Litmus:
It will be interesting to see if Buhari compels the military to free these so-called Journalists. Of course the journalists could be freed due to pressure from Buhari in a way that hides the fact but I'm not a fan of those paradoxes whose purpose is to justify our purpose.

Do we need all these now?
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by XBLadez: 12:33am On Apr 06, 2015
doalli:
...now I see d reason y ur friends call u fool...u be big MUMU....Aljazeerah is know worldwide to be one of d sincere media organisations if not only one...
Animal! Don't quote when ur not quoted. My opinion about Aljazeerah remains my opinion, shove yours up ur ass! He-diot!
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by khalidMohammed(m): 9:39am On Apr 06, 2015
These bloody guys are Nigerians. Al Jazeera should not teach us how to live in Nigeria
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by cirmuell(m): 9:47am On Apr 06, 2015
luvinhubby:

There is no case of mistaken identity here my friend, Al jazeerah has often times projected a false & incorrect assesment of the NA and the war on terror. Most times they ignore the positives while stressing the negatives unecceassarily thereby undermining the activities of the army, poisoning peoples mind against them & demoralising the fighting men, acts that obviously are a threat to national security & breaches existing intelligence protocol as covering fighting areas without millitary permission clearly do.
The al jazeerah journalists got permission to cover the elections in Borno state, what led them into nocturnal coverage of fighting area without permission from the authorities even after the army had led journalists on a tour of the war zone.
I only advice the army to put them on proper trial without prolonged detention and this they appear to be doing in handing them over to DSS.
Dude I'm not talking about those guys but you, what I'm saying is I pray you don't become a victim of mistaken identity someday(that is, if you didn't commit a crime) in the hands of Nigerian Police, then you'll know what it feels like for ones rights to be trampled upon. I'm not talking about their actions again but the prolonged detention by NA, and denial of access to the outside world(family and the company they work for). The bolded part is what I was trying to explain to you in the last quote, you gerrit now? undecided
Re: Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists by khalidMohammed(m): 2:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
Hizzy:
Nigeria army are known for frustrating Nigerias and foreigners, during NDA entrance examinations thousands of Nigeria wrote their exams instead of them to release de results what de do is, de shortlisted fifty man names from each state out of thousands dat wrote de exams. De worst part of it is de results are not released on time de wait until jamb closed selling change of institutions forms before de release their family members names and end up frustrating many Nigerians. Causing Nigerias not to go to school

Guy you wan join NDA? Inbox me ur details and MTN 1500 voucher.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Istanbul Ataturk Airport Attack: At Least 28 Dead And Dozens Injured / Nigeria, Others Consider Single Currency, Passport / How The War In Ukraine Affects Food Prices Everywhere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.