Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP (5344 Views)

Biafra: I Will Expose Secrets That Will Sink Nigeria – Nnamdi Kanu / Tribalism Will Sink Nigeria If Nigeria Doesnt Sink Tribalism / Nigeria’s Election Delay Shows Depths To Which Goodluck Jonathan Will sink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by WAJW: 6:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
Even as the president gets ready for his final trip to Otuoke, the last trip that would have his presidential conveyance give him the final salute then turn away to serve another commander-in-chief, retrospective observations are in order.

Will the president be getting a hero's welcome in Otuoke? Dele Sobowale says no. For the people of Otuoke, Jonathan's return would be deemed premature, as it is an unhappy turn of events that has dictated his return in 2015 - four years early.

However, home is home, and when we are done with our worldly dealings, we must return home, and home - as is characteristic of it - must accept us in, irrespective of its misgivings.

Dele Sobowale describes the incumbent as a 'political undertaker,' one determined to go down with as many people from his party as possible.

He [Jonathan] has been quoted as saying, in 2011: "You have given me your assurances of support but some of you are secretly campaigning for Atiku Abubakar. I can’t stand to be humiliated by you. I am the Captain of this boat. I am not going down alone. I am going to sink this boat and go down with all that are in it." He reportedly said this in 2011, at the 55th National Executive Committee Meeting of the PDP. (Quote cited from: http://saharareporters.com/2010/12/20/pdp-primaries-atiku-jonathan’s-politics-smear)

In 2015, he makes good his promise. President Jonathan will not go down alone. "Afenifere is now in the graveyard for sure; so is OPC… Niger Delta Militants, as well as their “god-father”, Chief Edwin Clark, have a new battle on their hands," writes Sobowale.

Source: #Vanguard

4 Likes

Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by kayboy4y(m): 6:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ha, Jona. Why u dey vex na.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by temitemi1(m): 6:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my role MODEL!!

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by dunkem21(m): 6:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
Sauce? grin
Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by midolian(m): 6:41pm On Apr 05, 2015
temitemi1:
hahhahaha...you have a big problem. Your programmer should have programmed you to include "Orubebe your Godfather"..

31 Likes

Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by Firefire(m): 6:43pm On Apr 05, 2015
[s]
WAJW:
Even as the president gets ready for his final trip to Otuoke, the last trip that would have his presidential conveyance give him the final salute then turn away to serve another commander-in-chief, retrospective observations are in order.

Will the president be getting a hero's welcome in Otuoke? Dele Sobowale says no. For the people of Otuoke, Jonathan's return would be deemed premature, as it is an unhappy turn of events that has dictated his return in 2015 - four years early.

However, home is home, and when we are done with our worldly dealings, we must return home, and home - as is characteristic of it - must accept us in, irrespective of its misgivings.

Dele Sobowale describes the incumbent as a 'political undertaker,' one determined to go down with as many people from his party as possible.

He [Jonathan] has been quoted as saying, in 2011: "You have given me your assurances of support but some of you are secretly campaigning for Atiku Abubakar. I can’t stand to be humiliated by you. I am the Captain of this boat. I am not going down alone. I am going to sink this boat and go down with all that are in it." He reportedly said this in 2011, at the 55th National Executive Committee Meeting of the PDP. (Quote cited from: http://saharareporters.com/2010/12/20/pdp-primaries-atiku-jonathan’s-politics-smear)

In 2015, he makes good his promise. President Jonathan will not go down alone. "Afenifere is now in the graveyard for sure; so is OPC… Niger Delta Militants, as well as their “god-father”, Chief Edwin Clark, have a new battle on their hands," writes Sobowale.

[/s]

Lies... undecided

13 Likes

Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
Don't you guys ever get tired, Goodluck is still my hero.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
Baddest lie of 2015 ....still Waiting the change we were promised o!
Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by teemanbastos(m): 6:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
Firefire:
[s][/s]

Lies... undecided
liargrin
Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by Firefire(m): 7:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
teemanbastos:
liargrin

You better CHANGE cheesy
Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by Elslim: 7:06pm On Apr 05, 2015
GEJ pack all of dem looters to da depths of Hell.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by sammyj: 7:08pm On Apr 05, 2015
A sinking man wants to hold a sachet of pure water. GEJ no need to destroy an already destroyed ship.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 05, 2015
Mehn, Nigerians don enter one chance with the fake propaganda emanating from APC control room .

Today, na Jonathan slap deizani, Tomorrow, na akpabio bribe Tinubu with .5billion Naira, the next day na Fayose's impeachment saga. Two Weeks time, na mama peace pack out of aso villa .

APC , u nah no dey tire ni. Haha. Pls small small o. Enough of all these fake and unverifiable news flying.around . It won't do you guyz any good.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by Day169: 7:24pm On Apr 05, 2015
temitemi1:
Unlike Liverpool's slogan, you'll end up "walking alone"!

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by dayodare490: 7:49pm On Apr 05, 2015
WAJW:

I think I will accept with you on that. You made Mr remember pre-colonoal master's government of Yoruba kingdom, if a king known as ikeji orisa (second in command to gods) dies there used to be people called abobaku (those that were chosen to die with the king) the abobakus shared the kings joy, ejoyment, happiness ...until the day that the king dies. And after the king dies abobaku dies or kills with the king. So,if these ones share from your joy it is not bad if they share from your sorrow. Don't they want?

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by HzRF(m): 7:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
Keep d lies on.
Expecting wen u will. Blame gej for bubu failure
Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by inno4xrist(m): 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
Don't you guys ever get tired of hating. I support a change in govt but the hatred for a man who lost an election is making feel i made a wrong choice. The fools, who call themselves APC promoters on nairaland, have done more to negate their party to me than sell it. Jonathan losing the election is not enough for them. Surely his death, won't even be enough. The dead abacha never saw this type of vilification Jonathan is subjected to. To the fool who wrote this article, you are indeed a great fool. Hate the deed not the doer of the deed. Your hate however is insignificant. You don't contribute 0.00000000000001% to the economy, so your rantings here mean nothing. Jonathan is my hero. The father of modern Nigerian democracy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by Ojiofor: 8:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
Apc is still doing what they knows best,propaganda even after the presidential election is over.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by efilefun(m): 8:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
The end of Pdp is here already
Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by kheart(m): 8:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
As long as we no go dey see dat ugly black hat for NTA and AIT I don't care give a damn who he takes down.
Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by ignis: 8:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
This movie is getting more and more interesting.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by iykedare(m): 9:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
inno4xrist:
Don't you guys ever get tired of hating. I support a change in govt but the hatred for a man who lost an election is making feel i made a wrong choice. The fools, who call themselves APC promoters on nairaland, have done more to negate their party to me than sell it. Jonathan losing the election is not enough for them. Surely his death, won't even be enough. The dead abacha never saw this type of vilification Jonathan is subjected to. To the fool who wrote this article, you are indeed a great fool. Hate the deed not the doer of the deed. Your hate however is insignificant. You don't contribute 0.00000000000001% to the economy, so your rantings here mean nothing. Jonathan is my hero. The father of modern Nigerian democracy.

Well said.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by cold(m): 9:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
WAJW:

Bullshìt of epic proportions
Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by Mcowubaba: 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
hmmmmm
pls i want to ask question...
I have been reading/seeing many places where people r saying =GEJ welcome to Otuoke, GEJ must go back to Otuoke..countdown to Otuoke e.t.c....i know GEJ is 4rm Otuoke..
But who told u guys dats where he is going to, after vacating 4rm Aso rock
Is it only in Otuoke dat GEJ has a house
So GEJ cannot relocate to China, USA, UK if he wants to
What's up with this Otuoke ish
Dat Village don popular pass some States in Nigeria o..

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by ednut1(m): 9:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
the way pple scream otuoke self. hw many pple dey stay der village . yenagou or abuja nko. yeye
Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by tsdarkside(m): 9:52pm On Apr 05, 2015
HAHAHA..i like him more,when he is serious...sink the pdp....sink em all!!!! angry angry angry
Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by fair14: 9:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
He made so many mistakes. Why did he start fighting boko haram. He should have left for buhari and oby ezekwesili to handle
Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
What manner of mama Nkechi beer parlour gossip is this
Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
Mcowubaba:
hmmmmm
pls i want to ask question...
I have been reading/seeing many places where people r saying =GEJ welcome to Otuoke, GEJ must go back to Otuoke..countdown to Otuoke e.t.c....i know GEJ is 4rm Otuoke..
But who told u guys dats where he is going to, after vacating 4rm Aso rock
Is it only in Otuoke dat GEJ has a house
So GEJ cannot relocate to China, USA, UK if he wants to
What's up with this Otuoke ish
Dat Village don popular pass some States in Nigeria o..

As though he doesn't own a home there in Abuja

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by Nobody: 12:27am On Apr 06, 2015
cheesy

Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by oduz: 4:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
Jona a beg sink Boat, make u come show them the swiming skills of a creek boy smiley

He remain how dem upland boys like Grammartical Abati(olumo boy), Fayose & co go survive cool
Re: I Will Not Go Down Alone; I Will Sink This Boat - President Jonathan To PDP by chat2deen(m): 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2015
Oga Jona shugaban Kasan najeriya. He is going back to Otueke finally, u can invest heavily in fish farming sir! It will boast our economy, Nyarko is into mango farming sir. All the best.

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Jonathan Now In The Dustbins Around Offices In Lagos / Forex Rubbishes N304bn Health Budget For 2017 / Nigerians reacted as Buhari Raised Hand Of Photographer At Recent Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.