Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,161 members, 7,811,353 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates (24580 Views)

Don’t Expect Change Till 2016 Budget Is Signed –onu / I Can't Change Nigeria Overnight – Buhari / Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by psucc(m): 7:02pm On May 10, 2015
The President elect, Mohammadu Buhari, on Sunday said the change Nigerians are expecting cannot happen overnight.

Buhari also said the incoming administration will, in the short term, lay emphasis on agriculture and mining to deal with the challenge of youth unemployment.

He said this while receiving in audience members of some northern groups, led by Alhaji Maitama Sule and the Northern Elders Forum, in Abuja, on Sunday.According to him, the task before the northern leaders, especially the clergy, is to help sensitise the public that the change they desire and voted for, cannot happen overnight.He pointed out that it took 16 years to destroy the nation’s economy, noting that the nation earned more within the last 16 years under the Peoples Democratic Party, than it did since 1914, but that most of it was frittered away.He said, “The biggest message is to try and persuade the people that it is not possible to change the state of affairs now. It took 16 years and those 16 years, most of you know it better than myself, Nigeria earned revenue more than what it earned from 1914 to then.

“You know that we used to have Nigeria Airways, Nigeria National Shipping Line, Nigeria Railways. Where are they now? Where is the infrastructure? Between then and now and what we earned in-between and what is on the ground.

“That is how efficiently how the PDP managed Nigeria in the last 16 years. Now we have invariably inherited all the problems, especially in the north east.”

Buhari added, “So, you have to convince your constituencies that you have virtually arrived at the wrong time and that they have to temper their expectation with some justice towards the leadership.

“I think whatever has to be deployed especially in the churches and mosques, this is the quickest way to communicate this to the ordinary people, continue to remind them if all the things I said in all the states I visited.

“We picked three fundamental problems. The first is security. The country has to be secured before anything can be put in place and then the economy. The fact is that more than 60 per cent of the Nigerian population are youths and most of them, whether they have been to school or not, are unemployed and this is the biggest danger if we don’t know it."
http://www.punchng.com/news/change-cant-happen-overnight-buhari/

4 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by nzeobi(m): 7:26pm On May 10, 2015
Nigeria needs restructuring, let every state fend for itself with resources available.
Tell me the valuable mineral resources you can find in china, japan and even england and germany if not human resources which we have in abundance.
But I don't believe Nigeria got worse last 16 years.

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by Mogidi: 7:35pm On May 10, 2015
Na wa

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by emmaboy33(m): 7:39pm On May 10, 2015
#change
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by ki02020(m): 7:41pm On May 10, 2015
Baba should please talk less and plan for take over. na wetin sef

55 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by braine(m): 7:49pm On May 10, 2015
Baba, we believe in you. Carry go.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by ddippset(m): 9:09pm On May 10, 2015
take your time baba, and deliver your promises. even those who did not vote for you are the first to say 'baba you must keep all your campaign promises', 'baba you must make 1 dollar equal to 1 naira'. when baba made those campaign promises, you still called his bluff and refused to vote for him. so what justification do you have to tell baba that he must keep his promises. afterall you voted for the man from otuoke. goodluck ebele jonathan made 100 campaign promises prior to the 2011 elections but did not fulfil 20% of them, so you all cut Baba Buhari some friggin slack!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by okooloyun1(m): 9:09pm On May 10, 2015
True talk baba one chance

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by Brugo(m): 9:09pm On May 10, 2015
angry

The unrealistic defeated group would not listen reason. They have no problems with the transformation that their saviour could not achieve in more than 5 years.

They would not question the empty promises of Jona regarding insurgency. We all remember the 6-month (and the more recent 6-week) deadline for ending insurgency. They would gladly accept the flimsy excuses for corruption and stealing. All the bungled probes and trials dont bother them.

They'd rather expect an overnight miracle to correct all the ills of the GEJ administration.

Fortunately, GMB would not even be swayed by the cries of these losers. Stealing is corruption.and he will drive home that point. One step at a time... Nigerians will experience positive Change.

SAI BABA.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by DecencyLady(f): 9:09pm On May 10, 2015
Nuff said.... get busy pls

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by brixton: 9:09pm On May 10, 2015
Pls take note of the names Olusegun Obasanjo and Atiku Abubakar; these two ruled for 8 yrs, the former is Apc' navigator while the latter is the bot chairman in waiting... Be careful Gen Buhari !!

It is good you are planning well on how to deliver on your promises, even as a critic, I don't want you to fail cos if u do then our country as a whole fails! We need those jobs from mining and agriculture to help stop the association of Trekkers from getting new converts. If for anything, it is time for you to re write our stance/conviction about you , you can only achieve this if u set out to work for the Nigerian poor man from May 30th instead of pursuing vendeta and selfish agendas.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 10, 2015
Ok
Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by dabigwalls: 9:09pm On May 10, 2015
Lol

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by baybeeboi: 9:09pm On May 10, 2015
#BabaOneChance
we be passenger for this your motor, carry us go anywhere but no forget say bustop dei for 2019 highway

113 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by phransix147(m): 9:10pm On May 10, 2015
We are aware Sir, just lay the foundation and make sure u groom the person replacing u well...

5 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by juniormusa(m): 9:10pm On May 10, 2015
Haba General no fall our hands oh

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 10, 2015
Buhari has nothing to offer

u destroyed Gej government with insurgency and propaganda with ur northern elders so shall God destroy ur government till 2019

130 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by Glowstone(m): 9:11pm On May 10, 2015
BABA one way grin

why didn't you tell us all this before and during the election ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by kennosklint(m): 9:11pm On May 10, 2015
U ar a mad man...

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by mytime24(f): 9:11pm On May 10, 2015
#baba1chance

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by Motolank: 9:11pm On May 10, 2015
It's only a dunce who will expect change overnight...

Buhari got time to explain. .. those who have been embezzling said nothing to nobody. .. they only kept getting themselves better shoes they never had.

He should just ignore those who open their mouths and release words.... and focus on his agenda for change

15 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 10, 2015
I am giving him just 12 months to retrieve all the stolen money and put it into use.

4 years is enough to put Nigeria is order.

Remember, there is no option like second tenure for you, come 2019 we kick you out like we did to Jona.

Use this 4 years wisely and make we your supporters proud.

Let the wind of change blow...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by lilmax(m): 9:11pm On May 10, 2015
He should get ready because even if i no get light for 5seconds I go blame am grin

Roles are reversed now (APC and PDP)

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by kellyval16(m): 9:11pm On May 10, 2015
What could be the secret behind this sudden outcry,GMB didn't tell us this before the elections,......I suspect a foul play o o o

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by juniormusa(m): 9:12pm On May 10, 2015
At first u said u can't promise the rescue of all the Chibok girls now we should not expect change over night..All this politicians God is watching sad

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by captainBIAFRA(m): 9:12pm On May 10, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by Spaxon(f): 9:12pm On May 10, 2015
This man talks a lot
why not just wait till 29 ...
no forget say d Same PVC wey vote u in still de kamkpe
just in case

15 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by MrMcJay(m): 9:12pm On May 10, 2015
Baba, we understand, these are honest words Though they are hard to bear.

1999-2015 Promise much, achieve little.
2015- 2023 Promise little, achieve much.

However, just appoint Pastor Tunde Bakare (a lawyer) as EFCC Chairman and the recovered proceeds from corruption would be enough to finance our budget for a minimum of 2 years.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by juniormusa(m): 9:12pm On May 10, 2015
kellyval16:
What could be the secret behind this sudden outcry,GMB didn't tell us this before the elections,......I suspect a foul play o o o
I smell ban

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by cyprus000: 9:12pm On May 10, 2015
I think we should give this man a chance.
Sincerely speaking,PDP has done more harm than good over the years.
I remember during OBJ regim,he appropriated about 16B for electricity,when he couldn't get his 3term bid,he cornered all the money and no one asked question,same goes to GEJ administration.
Maina cornered B20 naira police pension fund and he is still a freeman,same goes to the unaccredited B20$ NNPC saga.
Couppled with our ever falling assess crude acct,which I can vividly remember.
During yar adua administration,its was B64$.
Now its about B20$ last tym I checked

The system is really corrupt and it will take tym to make corrections.
GEJ tried tho,in some aspect.
His prblm was bad influence.

**MEANWHILE**

[size=15pt]after my undercover research,on who best fit the MISS NAIRALAND position.[/size]
[size=13pt]I have come to realiz that SANDRAHNAUB is the best candidate and is now our choice.[/size]
[size=13pt]this is a girl who possesses all qualities.
A lady ought to have and has proven it,beyond reasonable doubt.
[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]INTELLIGENCE[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]MANNER'S[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]DIPLOMAT[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]BEAUTY[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]LEADERSHIP WITH HUMILITY[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]HUMOUR[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]RESPECT[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]MISS NAIRALAND(SANDRAHNAUB)[/size]

[size=15pt]seeing the PDP(people deceive people) and APC(aproko people's congress) going on in this contest...na joke oo!grincheesy

Due to my selfless service to humanity and my enviroment.
I have decided to project TRANSPERENCY,ACCOUNTABILITY,INTELLIG.ENCE
,HUMOUR,BEAUT.Y e.t.c
Viod of FAVOURITISM,ETHNICITY,MARGINALIZAT.ION and DISCRIMIMAT.ION.
which has been playing out,in the campaign.
[/size]

[size=15pt]I THE CAMPAIGN MANAGER[/size]

[size=15pt]*** odguefi ome' nora 1(one) of nairaland.representing enugu east constituency.**[/size]
[size=15pt]call opun all agent of change and transformation,to look beyond all sentiments and VOTE SANDRAHNAUB[the vioce of the people) for miss nairaland[/size]

[size=13pt]your PVC(keypad) is your power,do not let them rig you of your opinion.[/size]

>>www.nairaland.com/sandrahnaub

[size=13pt]Signed:[/size][size=15pt]MANAGEMENT[/size]

www.nairaland.com/sandrahnaub

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates by Raxxye(m): 9:13pm On May 10, 2015
I perceive genuine fear now that reality is dawning on presido-elect! He's only just realizing what he's going into.
For my sake and other Nigerians, I wish you good luck (not Jonathan's son).

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Should Africa Consider The Nuclear Energy Route? / 2023: Natasha Akpoti And Her Supporters Decamp To PDP / FAAC Shares ₦780.926bn For March 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.