Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1017) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3025020 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 8:39pm On Oct 05, 2019
bidexiii:
Unconfirmed report says Babbangida the headquarters of tarmuwa LGA in Yobe State is been attacked by gunmen suspected to be bokoHaram. Tarmuwa is just 43KM away from Damaturu the capital city of Yobe State .
why is the northern part of this country synonymous with poverty,illiteracy, violence and terrorism?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2019
BabaOwen:
David Cameron: We located some Chibok schoolgirls but Jonathan didn’t allow us rescue them

David Cameron, former British prime minister, has alleged that ex-President Goodluck Jonathan did not give enough support to Britain during the abduction of 274 schoolgirls in Chibok, Borno state.

The abduction, which took place on April 14 2014, had sparked a global outrage following which the international community offered to assist Nigeria.

In For The Record, his memoir, Cameron, who was in office at the time of the incident, said British troops traced the location of some of the victims and offered to help but Jonathan refused.

“Iraq wasn’t the only place we would need our military to counter this extremist menace. Boko Haram in Nigeria was linked to al-Qaeda, and believed Western education and lifestyles were a sin (the meaning behind its name). It too wanted to institute a caliphate, and like ISIS it would use whatever barbaric means it thought necessary,”Cameron wrote.

“In early 2014 a group of its fighters centered the government secondary school in the village of Chibok, seizing 276 teenage girls. They were taken to camps deep in the forest. The Christians among them were forced to convert to Islam. Many were sold as slaves, entering the same endless violent nightmare the Yazidi women suffered.

“As ‘Bring Back Our Girls’ campaign spread across the world, we embedded a team of military and intelligence experts in Nigeria, and sent spy planes and Tornadoes with thermal imaging to search for the missing girls. And, amazingly, from the skies above a forest three times the size of Wales, we managed to locate some of them.

Cameron said he expected Jonathan to handle the Chibok issue better

“But Nigeria’s president, Goodluck Jonathan, seemed to be asleep at the wheel. When he eventually made a statement, it was to accuse the campaigners of politicising the tragedy. And absolutely crucially, when we offered to help rescue the girls we had located, he refused.”

TheCable sent messages to Ikechukwu Eze, spokesman of Jonathan, seeking his reaction to Cameron’s claim but he had not responded as of the time this report was filed.

Cameron also said the Nigerian army was unable to participate in operations the US and UK forces organised for the rescue of Chibok schoolgirls because of “politically appointed generals”.

The ex-British prime minister wrote on how the Archbishop of Canterbury was contacted to assist during the intervention in Nigeria.

“We had to play the long game focusing on a much bigger training effort for the Nigerian military and intelligence forces and trying to promote more energetic leaders from the younger generation. The Archbishop of Canterbury, as an expert on Nigeria, could be particularly useful on this and I invited him to join our NSC discussion,” he wrote.

“Some of the girls have managed to escape over the following four years, and others have been released, but over a hundred are still missing. Once again. the combination of lslamist extremism and bad governance proved fatal.

“How did I feel about all this at the end of 2014? The answer is, depressed. ISIS now occupied an area larger than Britain. A similar brand of terrorism was being wrought by Boko Harem in west Africa), another ISIS affiliate in north Africa, and by al-Shabab (‘the youth) in east Africa, while related groups were springing up in the Philippines, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and the Caucasus. There seemed to be no stopping an evil ideology that seduced minds from the badlands of Syt’tato bedrooms in Birmingham. When I spoke about the challenge publicly I tried to remain measured and resolute. But privately did asked myself, would we ever be able to defeat this thing?

A total of 112 Chibok schoolgirls have remained unaccounted for. The government of President Muhammadu Buhari secured the release of more than 100 while 57 managed to escape.

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/david-cameron-we-located-some-chibok-schoolgirls-but-jonathan-didnt-allow-us-rescue-them/amp

You wanted to rescue the girls, yet when we needed weapons at the height of the insurgency to do the exact same thing, you refused to offer us any deal. Isn't it funny how Cameron didn't consult the Nigerian government before invading our airspace with spy planes and "tornadoes" with thermal imaging, yet was very quick to publish this condescending account after the fact?.

What serious sovereign government will allow a unilateral commando-style rescue mission within it's territory without some form of pre-determined cooperation?.

Cameron's foreign policy was worse than Obama's, especially as it affects Africa. Isn't it this same man that was under investigation for misleading the British Parliament to support military strikes against the Gadaffi and destabilizing Libya, despite the fact that there wasn't enough motive(on the Libyan side) to warrant such aggression?.

According to Jonathan, Nigeria actually authorised a secret operation which saw British SBS and Israeli intelligence, along with Nigerian military SFs rescuing some foreign hostages captured by BH in 2013. This was going against Nigeria's norms of never allowing foreign intervention within it's territory. Does that sound like a government that rejected help?.

One would suspect that this British wathog really enjoys doling out condescending remarks and insultive actions against Nigeria; from treating the then opposition Presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, as a head of state even before the 2015 elections, to continously snubbing the Jonathan administration,and then later referring to Nigeria as "fantastically corrupt".

I am definitely not a fan of the Jonathan administration when it comes to the way he managed the BH insurgency in the earlier days,and the whole corruption issue. However, these statements are an affront to Nigeria, and I am Nigerian above all else. Such blue lies are intolerable.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 10:20pm On Oct 05, 2019
seankafor:
why is the northern part of this country synonymous with poverty,illiteracy, violence and terrorism?

Perhaps the word "synonymous to" is not correct within the context of your statement. Afterall, these same anomalies exist in the East, West and South too. Can we say the East is synonymous to kidnapping and human trafficking?, or that the South is synonymous to militancy?.

I assume you are talking about the prevalence of these issues, and I think it's due to:

1. Population: The North easily account for almost 50% of our total population. When such a large population has to compete for meagre resources, it is bound to create inequality,which leads to social vices.

2. Religious dogma/extremism: Majority of northerners are Muslims,and we know that these middle eastern religions(Christianity, Judaism and Islam) accommodates a lot of violence from the dictates of their archaic texts, especially in the case of Islam. These interpretations of scriptures have given rise to a behemoth proportion of religious extremism, aided by the fact that western education is usually suppressed in favour of quranic education.

3. Oppression by the political class: Of course, politics is a game of numbers, and a large poor illiterate population serves as an exquisite well of voters to draw upon during elections. People who can be easily manipulated based on religious or tribal bearings. In recent years though, Northern states have begun to massively invest in education, however, the interest of the people in westernized form of education remains low. Mainly because of religion and culture.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:28pm On Oct 05, 2019
EVarn:

You wanted to rescue the girls, yet when we needed weapons at the height of the insurgency to do the exact same thing, you refused to offer us any deal. Isn't it funny how Cameron didn't consult the Nigerian government before invading our airspace with spy planes and "tornadoes" with thermal imaging, yet was very quick to publish this condescending account after the fact?.

What serious sovereign government will allow a unilateral commando-style rescue mission within it's territory without some form of pre-determined cooperation?.

Cameron's foreign policy was worse than Obama's, especially as it affects Africa. Isn't it this same man that was under investigation for misleading the British Parliament to support military strikes against the Gadaffi and destabilizing Libya, despite the fact that there wasn't enough motive(on the Libyan side) to warrant such aggression?.

According to Jonathan, Nigeria actually authorised a secret operation which saw British SBS and Israeli intelligence, along with Nigerian military SFs rescuing some foreign hostages captured by BH in 2013. This was going against Nigeria's norms of never allowing foreign intervention within it's territory. Does that sound like a government that rejected help?.

One would suspect that this British wathog really enjoys doling out condescending remarks and insultive actions against Nigeria; from treating the then opposition Presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, as a head of state even before the 2015 elections, to continously snubbing the Jonathan administration,and then later referring to Nigeria as "fantastically corrupt".

First, is not Nigeria very fantastically corrupt? Yes, we are all corrupt and delight in cheating each other. That is precisely why Nigeria is a shithole. Lie to yourself all you like, you and I know what's up.

Secondly, is it only Britain that sells arms? That AK 47 that forms the bulk of our standard arms na from Britain we buy am? Don't the Russians, Chinese, North Koreans, Egyptians, South Africans and more sell arms? Why the unending fixation of buying arms from Britain or the US and getting these denied and then pointing to the denial as the reason why we were unable to win the war? That is nonsensical and childish.

Thirdly, Nigeria never allows foreign intervention? So, the Chadians gallivanting all over the north east are what? How many times of recent has Cameroon come into Nigerian territory, killed her people and burned down their houses and the government sat silent?

Fourthly, who told you that the Jonathan government was serious about anything except enriching itself? Was it not this same government that turned blind ears to the entreaties of the Chibok parents and manhandled them when they dared to protest. Was it not this same government that denied and denied that any girl was abducted from Chibok till it couldn't deny anymore?

Leave emotions and face facts. We will all be better for it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 12:57am On Oct 06, 2019
bidexiii:
Yen News the Ghanaian TV Channel reported our successful supply of new technology for Defence with latest generation of night vision googles and IP communication systems.

#secproafrica #secpro #ghana #defencecontractor #militaryprovider #militaryprocurement
Those NVG were made in?... Which country pls
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 1:20am On Oct 06, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Let me ask you something bro, if this war goes on is it likely that military conscription will be introduced?
Lol... Impossible. Witht he kind population nigeria has, and level pf inemployment and educatinal deficiency...
The only time this may be possible is maybe a global disaster happens that destroys 2/3 of Nigerias population
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:52am On Oct 06, 2019
GeneralFarouq:

Those NVG were made in?... Which country pls

Not sure.......
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:55am On Oct 06, 2019
#COIN.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:08am On Oct 06, 2019
Egyptian Airforce Rafael jet painted in plain desert colour.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:34am On Oct 06, 2019
Rare Footage of the #Egyptian Army SCUD-B & 9K52 Frog-7 Luna Medium/Short Range Ballistic missiles in action during October, 1973 War.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:35am On Oct 06, 2019
Algeria- yet another big seizure for ANP in Tamanrasset (Mali-Niger borders) - 10 BM-21 Grad rockets.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 10:41am On Oct 06, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

First, is not Nigeria very fantastically corrupt? Yes, we are all corrupt and delight in cheating each other. That is precisely why Nigeria is a shithole. Lie to yourself all you like, you and I know what's up.

Secondly, is it only Britain that sells arms? That AK 47 that forms the bulk of our standard arms na from Britain we buy am? Don't the Russians, Chinese, North Koreans, Egyptians, South Africans and more sell arms? Why the unending fixation of buying arms from Britain or the US and getting these denied and then pointing to the denial as the reason why we were unable to win the war? That is nonsensical and childish.

Thirdly, Nigeria never allows foreign intervention? So, the Chadians gallivanting all over the north east are what? How many times of recent has Cameroon come into Nigerian territory, killed her people and burned down their houses and the government sat silent?

Fourthly, who told you that the Jonathan government was serious about anything except enriching itself? Was it not this same government that turned blind ears to the entreaties of the Chibok parents and manhandled them when they dared to protest. Was it not this same government that denied and denied that any girl was abducted from Chibok till it couldn't deny anymore?

I will like to give you three gbosa for the bolded part of your comment.GEJ's administration that denied the Chibok kidnap for almost weeks or maybe months until they couldn't anymore and even after agreeing, they politicised it that it was the opposition that set the whole thing up. Where did you think this statement, "this blood that you are sharing, thereis God o", came from? grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 11:42am On Oct 06, 2019
blacKDalia:

I will like to give you three gbosa for the bolded part of your comment.GEJ's administration that denied the Chibok kidnap for almost weeks or maybe months until they couldn't anymore and even after agreeing, they politicised it that it was the opposition that set the whole thing up. Where did you think this statement, "this blood that you are sharing, thereis God o", came from? grin

[b]Former President Goodluck Jonathan has replied Former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, David Cameron over his recent statement that Jonathan did not allow the UK to rescue Chibok Girls from Boko Haram.

In a statement made available to POLITICS NIGERIA, Jonathan wrote;

-[b]1).“I read the comments by former British Prime Minister, David Cameron, in his new book, For the Record, in which he accused me and the Nigerian Government, which I headed, of corruption and rejecting the help of the British Government in rescuing the Chibok Girls, who were kidnapped on April 14, 2014.”

“It is quite sad that Mr. Cameron would say this because nothing of such ever occurred. As President of Nigeria, I not only wrote letters to then Prime Minister David Cameron, I also wrote to the then US President, Barrack Obama, and the then French President, François Hollande, as well as the Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, appealing to them for help in rescuing the Chibok Girls.How could I write to appeal for help and then reject the very thing I appealed for?”

-2).“Also, history contradicts Mr. Cameron. On March 8, 2012, when the same Boko Haram linked terrorists abducted a British expatriate named Chris McManus, along with an Italian hostage Franco Lamolinara, in Sokoto, I, as Nigerian President, personally authorised a rescue effort by members of the British military Special Boat Service supported by officers and men of the Nigerian Army, to free the abducted men.”

“So, having set a precedent like that, why would I reject British help in rescuing the Chibok Girls, if it was offered? I also authorised the secret deployment of troops from the United Kingdom, the United States and Israel as a result of the Chibok incident, so how Mr. Cameron could say this with a straight face beats me.”

“Moreover, on March 8, 2017, the British Government of former Prime Minister, Theresa May, in a widely circulated press statement, debunked this allegation and said there was no truth in it after Mr. Cameron had made similar statements to the Observer of the UK.”

-3).“In his book, Mr. Cameron failed to mention that I wrote him requesting his help on Chibok. Why did he suppress that information? I remind him that copies of that letter exist at the State Houses in Nigeria and London. He never called me on the phone to offer any help. On the contrary, I am the one that reached out to him.”

-4).“He accused me of appointing Generals based on political considerations. How could that be when I fired my service chiefs twice in five years, to show that I would not tolerate anything less than meaningful progress in the war on terror.”

“I was completely blind to ethnic or political considerations in my appointments. In civil and military matters, I appointed people that I had never even met prior to appointing them, based on their professional pedigree. Though I was from the South, most of my service chiefs came from the North.”

“I do, however, know that Mr. Cameron has long nursed deep grudges against me for reasons that have been published in various media.”

“On July 24, 2013, while celebrating the passage of the United Kingdom’s Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act, 2013, Mr. Cameron said “I want to export gay marriage around the world”.”

“At that occasion, he boasted that he would send the team that successfully drafted and promoted the Bill, to nations, like Nigeria, saying inter alia:
"I’ve told the Bill team I’m now going to reassign them because, of course, all over the world people would have been watching this piece of legislation”.

-5).As President of Nigeria at that time, I came under almost unbearable pressure from the Cameron administration to pass legislation supporting LGBTQ Same-Sex marriage in Nigeria. My conscience could not stomach that, because as President of Nigeria, I swore on the Bible to advance Nigeria’s interests, and not the interest of the United Kingdom or any foreign power.”

“As such, on Monday, January 13, 2014, I signed the Same-Sex Marriage Prohibition Bill into law after the Bill had been passed by an overwhelming bipartisan majority of Nigeria’s parliament, in line with the wishes of the Nigerian people. This happened shortly after a study of 39 nations around the world by the U.S. Pew Research Center came up with a finding which indicated that 98 percent of Nigerians were opposed to the idea of Gay Marriage.”

“Immediately after I took this patriotic action, my government came under almost unbearable pressure from Mr. Cameron, who reached me through envoys, and made subtle and not so subtle threats against me and my government.”

“In fact, meetings were held at the Obama White House and at the Portcullis House in Parliament UK, with the then Nigerian opposition to disparage me, after I had signed the Same-Sex Marriage Prohibition Bill into law.

-6).On the issue of corruption, it suffices to say that Mr. Cameron is not as competent as Transparency International, which is globally acknowledged as the adjudicator of who is corrupt and who is not.”

“During my administration, in 2014, Nigeria made her best ever improvement on the annual Transparency International Corruption Perception Index, moving from 144 the previous year, to 136, an 8 point improvement. As a nation, we have not made such improvements on the CPI before or after 2014.”[/b]

“In line with these facts, I would urge the public to take Mr. Cameron’s accusations with a grain of salt. I will not be the first person to accuse him of lying on account of this book, and with the reactions in the Uk so far, I definitely will not be the last.”[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

I will not be drawn into the futile cycle of arguments that has pervaded this thread over the past few pages, I have so far tried very much to abstain from it.

Nigeria is "fantastically corrupt", how much is stolen from Nigeria's treasury compared to Saudi Arabia(where the state coffers is more or less the property of the Al-Saud dynasty), or India where corruption has become a holocaust, or Russia that is a classic example of plutocracy and cronyism, or even the US where corruption is state sanctioned in form of "lobbying" and national policies are scripted by big corporations?. Oh, I am not in any way saying that corruption is not deeply rooted in the Nigerian society,but we make it seem as if we have it worse than all other countries of the world,when in fact, we are doing fairly well when you take into consideration our meagre fiscal revenue and the cumbersome form of governance (presidential with a bicameral legislature) we are currently practicing.

I am of the opinion that Nigerians exhibit too much hysteria tinged with inferiority complex on issues that certainly don't warrant such. The fact that David Cameron called Nigeria fantastically corrupt doesn't mean we are fantastically corrupt, at least if we are to go by the dictionary meaning of "fantastically".

Before coming to conclusions, we should always bear in mind that there are informations we are not privy to,which usually influences the decisions of the government. In the days of President Yar'adua, Prime Minister Gordon Brown offered Nigeria a weapons deal worth $350 million in order to "secure the Niger Delta region" from militancy. Yar'adua attended the meeting in Downing Street, drank tea, smiled politely and nodded his head as Brown chattered endlessly about the British "special package" of military hardwares. He left the meeting and came back to Nigeria to offer the militants an amnesty programme, discarding British advice of escalating the war against the militants. Today, we have managed to pacify the Niger Delta region(at a negligible cost). In truth, Gordon Brown only cared about oil in the region and was willing to supply as much weapons as was needed to support British and American interests. If Yar'adua had towed the line of sustaining the conflict, we'd still be at war with MEND and other groups till today, and many Nigerians from that region would be displaced. In that instance, Brown will say Nigeria rejected British help.

I will be the first to agree that Jonathan didn't handle the BH crisis well and corruption was quite pervasive during his administration, however, in this case, Cameron is simply playing to the gallery for his own reasons.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:57pm On Oct 06, 2019
190723-N-JI086-0506 SEKONDI, Ghana (July 23, 2019) Adm. James G. Foggo III, commander, U.S. Naval Forces Europe and Africa, signs the visitor's log during a tour of the Nigerian navy ship NNS Karaduwa (P 102) during a site visit to Sekondi, Ghana, July 23, 2019. Foggo is in Ghana to discuss the strong military relationship between the U.S. and Ghana and to emphasize each country's commitment to the security of the Gulf of Guinea and how ensuring maritime security can lead to prosperity for the region and African nations. His visit coincides with the Ghana Navy's 60th anniversary and the International Maritime Defense Exhibition and Conference (IMDEC), hosted by Ghana, as well as the USNS Carson City (T-EPF 7)'s visit to the country as part of its 2019 African Partnership Station deployment. (U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Ford Williams/Released)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by shadowprimezero: 2:21pm On Oct 06, 2019
NAF AW-109 E in action

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2019
Odunayaw:
White noise

Our very own uncle paddy grin

Under the guise of help they have damaged lot of countries and r still doing it

From where NGOs get the funding from

Who controls the social media and MSM via the thousands of proxies

I won't go deep since it might ruffle lot of feathers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 06, 2019
EVarn:
I will not be drawn into the futile cycle of arguments that has pervaded this thread over the past few pages, I have so far tried very much to abstain from it.

Nigeria is "fantastically corrupt", how much is stolen from Nigeria's treasury compared to Saudi Arabia(where the state coffers is more or less the property of the Al-Saud dynasty), or India where corruption has become a holocaust, or Russia that is a classic example of plutocracy and cronyism, or even the US where corruption is state sanctioned in form of "lobbying" and national policies are scripted by big corporations?. Oh, I am not in any way saying that corruption is not deeply rooted in the Nigerian society,but we make it seem as if we have it worse than all other countries of the world,when in fact, we are doing fairly well when you take into consideration our meagre fiscal revenue and the cumbersome form of governance (presidential with a bicameral legislature) we are currently practicing.

I am of the opinion that Nigerians exhibit too much hysteria tinged with inferiority complex on issues that certainly don't warrant such. The fact that David Cameron called Nigeria fantastically corrupt doesn't mean we are fantastically corrupt, at least if we are to go by the dictionary meaning of "fantastically".

Before coming to conclusions, we should always bear in mind that there are informations we are not privy to,which usually influences the decisions of the government. In the days of President Yar'adua, Prime Minister Gordon Brown offered Nigeria a weapons deal worth $350 million in order to "secure the Niger Delta region" from militancy. Yar'adua attended the meeting in Downing Street, drank tea, smiled politely and nodded his head as Brown chattered endlessly about the British "special package" of military hardwares. He left the meeting and came back to Nigeria to offer the militants an amnesty programme, discarding British advice of escalating the war against the militants. Today, we have managed to pacify the Niger Delta region(at a negligible cost). In truth, Gordon Brown only cared about oil in the region and was willing to supply as much weapons as was needed to support British and American interests. If Yar'adua had towed the line of sustaining the conflict, we'd still be at war with MEND and other groups till today, and many Nigerians from that region would be displaced. In that instance, Brown will say Nigeria rejected British help.

I will be the first to agree that Jonathan didn't handle the BH crisis well and corruption was quite pervasive during his administration, however, in this case, Cameron is simply playing to the gallery for his own reasons.

grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2019
nemesis8u:

Our very own uncle paddy grin

Under the guise of help they have damaged lot of countries and r still doing it

From where NGOs get the funding from

Who controls the social media and MSM via the thousands of proxies

I won't go deep since it might ruffle lot of feathers.

Evarn correctly said this
I am of the opinion that Nigerians exhibit too much hysteria tinged with inferiority complex on issues that certainly don't warrant such

Those bloody blaggards!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:08pm On Oct 06, 2019
Thirty hopefuls of the Nigerian Navy Special Boat Services (SBS) abandoned ship during a training on asymmetric warfare and emergency maritime threats.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/30-navy-personnel-abandon-counterinsurgency-training/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2019
EVarn:

You are talking nonsense. In fact I feel like giving you a solid knock on the head. Let me ask, when have you ever gone to a public official in Nigeria and obtained what you needed without paying bribe?

Like 2 years ago I went to immigration office Awka and paid over 30k for international passport. At that time the official cost of the passport was 15k. Has things changed today? Of course not!

I don't know why you feel like lying to yourself, but the truth remains that all of us are wildly and irremediably corrupt. Corruption is in our DNA. We will lie and cheat our fellows and then blame the government for corruption.

Go to any public office in Nigeria and see how they pray with gusto in the morning. Once prayers are done there is no way you can get what you require without dropping something. You must drop something at the hospital, at the train station to buy ticket, at the stadium to buy ticket and to the force men if you don't want to be unduly delayed. We are not fantastically corrupt. Instead, we are very very fantastically corrupt and that will kill us one day.

The countries you mentioned cannot be compared with Nigeria. There, corruption is more hidden and more punished. There is no way a sitting governor in India, US, Russia and Saudi Arabia can be shown on TV taking bribe and nothing happens.

This has nothing to do with inferiority complex. I'm just stating the facts as I see it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 5:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
NN SBS training with US Coast Guard and I international partners from Spain & Portugal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 5:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
More..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

You are talking nonsense. In fact I feel like giving you a solid knock on the head. Let me ask, when have you ever gone to a public official in Nigeria and obtained what you needed without paying bribe?

Like 2 years ago I went to immigration office Awka and paid over 30k for international passport. At that time the official cost of the passport was 15k. Has things changed today? Of course not!

I don't know why you feel like lying to yourself, but the truth remains that all of us are wildly and irremediably corrupt. Corruption is in our DNA. We will lie and cheat our fellows and then blame the government for corruption.

Go to any public office in Nigeria and see how they pray with gusto in the morning. Once prayers are done there is no way you can get what you require without dropping something. You must drop something at the hospital, at the train station to buy ticket, at the stadium to buy ticket and to the force men if you don't want to be unduly delayed. We are not fantastically corrupt. Instead, we are very very fantastically corrupt and that will kill us one day.

The countries you mentioned cannot be compared with Nigeria. There, corruption is more hidden and more punished. There is no way a sitting governor in India, US, Russia and Saudi Arabia can be shown on TV taking bribe and nothing happens.

This has nothing to do with inferiority complex. I'm just stating the facts as I see it.
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about if you believe that corruption in those other aforementioned countries is more "hidden and punished" than in Nigeria. Is it hidden in Saudi Arabia where each of the over 15,000 princes is entitled to a monthly stipend ranging from $30,000 to $350,000, plus other allowances such as "palace allowance"?, the Al-Saud family alone is worth an estimated $1.4 trillion, and it all comes from the Saudi treasury. Is it hidden in Russia where an estimated $20 billion was laundered to several banks in the U.K, Moldova and Latvia in the notorious "laundromat" scandal between 2010 and 2014?, a case that implicated Igor Putin, a cousin to the Russian President, Vladimir Putin. Yet till today, nothing has happened. Is it hidden in the U.S where billions of dollars are donated every year by "lobbyists" to top government officials for favours and contracts?, A country where, till today, they can't account for the over $1 trillion spent on the F-35 stealth fighter project. Let me not even talk about India, Brazil and co. How much is the entire Nigerian budget compared to these figures?.

You think because we have these corruption scandals here and there(many of which are even unfounded and politically motivated), then Nigeria has it worse than all other countries of the world?. You need to see beyond emotions, it has clearly affected your sense of self worth.

Corruption is in our DNA? grin really?.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 5:53pm On Oct 06, 2019

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:59pm On Oct 06, 2019
shadowprimezero:
NAF AW-109 E in action

AIR COMPONENT OF OPERATION HADARIN DAJI RESUMES LIGHT KINETIC OPERATIONS, NEUTRALIZES ARMED BANDITS NEAR BIRNIN GWARI IN KADUNA STATE

The Air Component of Operation HADARIN DAJI (OPHD) has neutralized no fewer than 10 armed bandits at forests near Birnin Gwari and Janko Hill in Kaduna State. The operation was conducted yesterday, 5 October 2019, following the directives by the OPHD Headquarters to resume kinetic operations against camps identified as harboring unrepentant armed bandits. The decision was taken in the wake of the attack on troops’ location at Sunke in Anka Local Government Area of Zamfara State as well as the increased migration of bandits towards the Birnin Gwari area of Kaduna State.

The attack on the armed bandits was undertaken when a Nigerian Air Force (NAF) helicopter on armed reconnaissance mission over the Birnin Gwari general area spotted several bandits at the location and engaged them with its guns killing some of them. Some bandits were similarly tracked to Janko Hill and equally neutralized.

The objective of the renewed kinetic operations is to ramp up the pressure on the bandits with a view to ensuring the ongoing peace process is not scuttled. Accordingly, the Air Component OPHD will continue to dominate the general area through armed reconnaissance missions to facilitate a return to normalcy in the Northwest of the Country. All persons involved in armed banditry in the area are therefore strongly advised to renounce violence, surrender to security agencies and hand over their weapons.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:07pm On Oct 06, 2019
rka2:
NN SBS training with US Coast Guard and I international partners from Spain & Portugal.

Nice pictures....
Always proud of the NN SBSC

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 6:50pm On Oct 06, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Actually, what I advocated for has not been tried by the NA with no success. I advocated for FOBs armed with short range MLRS, under permanent cover of drones and surveillance platforms and with multiple observation posts in case all these gizmos fail at the most inconvenient time. That has to my knowledge not been done.

You say ISWAP has learned to swarm the FOBs, that is because the FOBs were not as well constructed and defended as they should be. Swarm tactics have been proved as ineffective since the 1st World War, where men were mown down in the hundreds of thousands by machine guns. So, were ISWAP to swarm a FOB, nothing stops our men from engaging their gun trucks at range with anti-tank missiles and engaging their infantry with mortars and short range rocket launchers like the Vasiliesk.

Should these prove ineffectual, our men can retreat into bunkers and have their base pounded to bits by friendly artillery to blast any enemy that is above ground. This has not been done and was previously used to great effect by the Americans in Vietnam, especially in their CIA outposts in Laos and Cambodia.

More, yes the NA has lots of long range artillery. But for some reason it is not using these as much as it should. If it were, no base under artillery support can fall. These heavy armor vehicles as you call them do not need to be based in the FOB themselves, but in safe places far away. Should a FOB be out of range of friendly artillery fire support, rocket artillery should be more than enough.

As for the Americans in Vietnam, you are comparing apples and bananas. One, the Americans lacked domestic support for the war and saw a lot of protests and draft dodgers like Trump. Here, domestic support for the war is strong. Two, the Vietcong were given all the material support they needed by the Russians and the Chinese. ISWAP and Boko boys only get most of their supplies from attacking NA bases.

Third, lack of clear policies made the war unwinnable for the Americans. At first, they prioritized the body count, and this against an opponent that was fully ready to die for what they believed in. This has parallels with the current NA strategy. Fourth, the war in Vietnam was fought in jungles. The thick vegetation made it really difficult to come to grips with the enemy. We don't face this problem, because much of the North East is open land and desert. As such, the enemy can be easily spotted via surveillance platforms that detect heat, movement and the like.

Fifth, the Americans never lost a battle in Vietnam. This can't be said of the NA. Sixth, American tactics in Vietnam were much more flexible and reactive. More, they used Huey helicopters to conduct constant raids and deny the enemy of rest. Sure, they used FOBs, but none were ever overrun, because just a phone call would get B-52s, Thuds and artillery pounding away in support. The comparison is not even close.

You call the territory being currently occupied by ISWAP and the Boko boys useless and you are right. But would you say the same thing if that territory was your village?

What the NA is currently doing is like the lord of the castle hearing that marauding hordes are ravaging the countryside. So, he does what he can by instructing his people to take refuge in the castle. Now, when the hordes finish pillaging, will they leave for home or will they lay siege to and destroy the castle? Your guess is as good as mine. ISWAP will never be content with the slice of territory granted to them by current NA policies. I don't know why that is hard to grasp.

Left to me, I would use the over $600 million we paid for the Tucanos to buy like 50 Chinese UCAVs. Half would be purely for reconnaissance and the other half would be armed to the teeth and ankle bone with cheap and smart Chinese/Russian munitions. These would be permanently parked over the North East and will cover every inch of it. Should this be done there is simply no way ISWAP can fart without the NA hearing it and pounding them to bits.

Lastly, please and please, the North East is NOT a low-threat environment. Our Mil Mi 35s have been shot down there and trust me they didn't throw potatoes at it to bring them down

Actually US ground units both army and USMC occasionally lost engagements on coy and platoon level. IIRC,there were at least 20 smth clear defeats.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:00pm On Oct 06, 2019
bidexiii:

Nice pictures....
Their training is boomm...I heard out of 53 only 23 graduated...This year in
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 7:15pm On Oct 06, 2019
bidexiii:

Nice pictures....

Definitely. Still the finest wink

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.