Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1049) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3031511 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 1:41pm On Nov 18, 2019
nemesis8u:

Make the effort !!
Or
Pray !!! grin

I am sure he'd rather pray over it. It is much easier. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:50pm On Nov 18, 2019
Xbee007:

grin trying to shift the goal post as you have nothing else to say

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 18, 2019
Xbee007:

Praying is ok if it is used as a individual led positive reenforcement to back up the actual effort done to the best of his / her capabilities, rather than falling prey to a external institutional / group / individual led mumbo jumbo and money making / power generation tactics .

One can pray to his / her mother / father / god in times of trouble that is when led by his / her inherent instincts which will have the greatest possible effect. Then a person is not being fooled.

What i was speaking against is institutionalised aspect of prayer and God which leads to lot of wahala in societies all over the world . And over dependence on prayer peddled by so called religious individuals / groups and obviously praying for benifits without putting in effect and expecting miracles via service to God .

People have suffered more than they gain over hundreds of years due to this .

In my college days some guys would fuk around all semester , then they would pray before exams with the inevitable result of getting failed each time grin

They would even do expensive prayers but to no avail grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:08pm On Nov 18, 2019
#NAF PILOT

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:25pm On Nov 18, 2019
President Yoweri Museveni, UPDF special forces command female bodyguard

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:30pm On Nov 18, 2019
Uganda UPDF BMP-2 Carrier Mortar Tracked Vehicles,I have come to the conclusion that,UPDF is better armed than KDF.
Guys what's your take, please don't even compare with Nigerian army.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2019
NA Soldiers from 707 sf brigade at ex flintlock.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2019
ROYAL AIR FORCE COMMENCES FP-CAGE TRAINING FOR ANOTHER BATCH OF NAF PERSONNEL IN KADUNA

The British Military Advisory Training Team (BMATT) has commenced the training of a fresh batch of 758 Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Regiment and Air Provost personnel in Force Protection in Complex Air-Ground Environment (FP-CAGE). The one-month long FPCAGE Course 9/2019, which commenced on 4 November 2019, is being conducted by a team of Royal Air Force (RAF) Regiment instructors at the Regiment Training Centre (RTC), NAF Base Kaduna. The course is aimed at building additional capacity to ensure the protection of NAF Bases and assets as well as other critical national aviation-related facilities, like airports, with a view to further bridging the gap between Air Power projection and Air Power protection.

While undertaking an assessment of the ongoing training, the Air Officer Commanding Ground Training Command (AOC GTC), Air Vice Marshal Idi Amin, who was received by the Commandant RTC, Group Captain Isaac Subi, expressed satisfaction with the progress of the training and urged the participants to make the most use of the opportunity given to them for being selected for the course. He emphasized that, upon completing the course on 6 December 2019, they would be expected to add significant value to ongoing internal security operations across the Country.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2019
More

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:04pm On Nov 18, 2019
So many ignorant comments on here regarding prayer. Those cops, soldiers fighting BH, regardless of their religious beliefs, still carry weapons with them in the front right? They don't say they've prayed, no guns needed.
Prayer give believers a sense of peace and confidence, it doesn't necessarily mean it works, but if it help that person cope, then that's their business, don't knock it.
Not different from saying "RIP", i can assure you that whether you are a pope or you are Hitler, death is death, no such thing as RIP, ( my own view), but people still say it while mourning etc, because it gives them comfort.
I stopped believing in all that, i see life as whatever is gonna happen, will happen, regardless. But if someone have prayer in their toolkit, so what

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2019
bidexiii:
Uganda UPDF BMP-2 Carrier Mortar Tracked Vehicles,I have come to the conclusion that,UPDF is better armed than KDF.
Them having BMP2 carrier mortar Tracked vehicles doesn't mean they are better than NA not even KDF

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2019
bidexiii:
did a research UPDF don't operate BMP-2 mortar carrier vehicle.It the cardom produced by Israel
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 7:27pm On Nov 18, 2019
Uwaomaokey:
Today, the Nigerian Army 157 Task force battalion at Metele village in Guzamala was attacked, till date, number and names of fallen gallant officers & men of the NA is still a secret. We have a long way to go in this country.
This same 157...
This guys have had their share.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2019
Xbee007:

Since primary school orur teachers be been telling us..
"Do your best and leave the rest for God(by praying)"
What this means is God favour those who make effort toward a set purpose

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Uwaomaokey(m): 8:42pm On Nov 18, 2019
GeneralFarouq:

This same 157...
This guys have had their share.

I’m telling you.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:46pm On Nov 18, 2019
COAS WITH FEMALE PERSONNEL GUARD

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2019
Xbee007:

Seeking for prayer Kwa?

Prayers don't change anything, it may make us feel good but it changes nothing.

I respect your opinion.
Am a living testimony of prayers, spending over 4 years in the deadliest places in the northeast theatre.
It worked for some of us and it changed a lot

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2019
bidexiii:

I respect your opinion.
Am a living testimony of prayers, spending over 4 years in the deadliest places in the northeast theatre.
It worked for some of us and it changed a lot
bidexiii is dat u ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:31pm On Nov 18, 2019
What’s with the high attrition rate on the Aw-109? In the last 9 years between NN and NAF we have lost 4 meanwhile south African air forces has lost 3 aircrafts, all 7 crashes have been attributed to technical issues and not human error. If this helicopter was of Chinese origin..

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixSeven: 12:33am On Nov 19, 2019
bidexiii:
.. all 7 crashes have been attributed to technical issues and not human error.
Can you give a credible source for your claims?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 19, 2019
SuperSixSeven:

I'll second what Bidexiii said, since all SAAF a109s crashes were also due to technical issues with the Aircraft
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 7:17am On Nov 19, 2019
jln115:
I'll second what Bidexiii said, since all SAAF a109s crashes were also due to technical issues with the Aircraft
That's a lie.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 7:21am On Nov 19, 2019
The three A109 Light Utility Helicopter crashes were caused by mechanical failure and pilot error, but all technical problems have been resolved, the chief of the South African Air Force has said.

Lieutenant General Carlo Gagiano was speaking to journalists at the Air Force Day parade held at Swartkop on Friday.
“All problems have been identified and rectified,” Gagiano said, adding that Air Force technicians went through all the A109’s systems and checked all parts to isolate the problems. Since entering service around five years ago, the A109 fleet has been subject to several engineering changes.

On May 12, 2009, an A109 crashed into
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:46am On Nov 19, 2019
SuperSixSeven:

You mean like an online source..? For the NAF crashes. But from inside reliable sources has it has mechanical/technical issues.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:53am On Nov 19, 2019
*PRESS RELEASE*

*ANOTHER TACTICAL BOOMERANG OCCURS AT MARTE AS IRREPRESSIBLE NIGERIAN ARMY TROOPS WRECK HAVOC ON BOKO HARAM CRIMINAL ELEMENTS IN A FAILED AMBUSH OPERATION*

It could be recalled that, less than two weeks ago, it was reported that Boko Haram criminal elements suffered a tactical boomerang when a sizeable number of them were neutralised and many others maimed as they mistakenly stepped on the same improvised explosive device that they had earlier planted against own troops. In yet another incident of tactical boomerang in the face of superior tactics and training, in the early hours of 18th November 2019, troops of 153 Task Force Battalion deployed at New Marte embarked on fighting patrol to Dikwa in Dikwa LGA of Borno State to hunt and destroy remnant of Boko Haram criminals in the general area. Incidentally, the troops encountered an ambush staged against them by some remnants of the criminal Boko Haram insurgents along the patrol route at Ala Village, 7 km away from New Marte. The ambush was reinforced with a crudely prepared Improvised Explosive Device planted by them against the troops.

In a rare display of boldness, resilience and faithful service to their fatherland, the troops, rather than getting discouraged by this sudden attack on them, turned around the initial setback and dealt a devastating blow on their criminal attackers. Having so clearly asserted their superiority in the ensuing fire fight, the criminal insurgents were forced to flee in disarray. The gallant troops then embarked on a relentless pursuit of the scampering insurgents who abandoned some of their fighting equipment in utter confusion. At the end of the pursuit and exploitation, 2 Gun Trucks, 2 Anti-Air Craft Guns, 2,080 Rounds of 7.62mm NATO ammunition, 26 Rounds of 12.7 mm Armour Piercing Incendiary ammunition, 3 AK 47 Rifles, 6 Rounds of 12.7 mm (Belted), one AOJOE motorcycle, some clothes, food stuffs and mechanical tools belonging to the criminals were captured by the troops. Most of the Boko Haram criminal elements were believed to have escaped with varying degrees of gunshot wounds. However, troops continue to dominate the area with patrols to deny the criminal insurgents freedom of action.

The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai commends the troops for their gallantry and equally wishes to reiterate the commitment of the Nigerian Army to accomplish its constitutional mandate professionally and responsively for a secured Nigeria. He also thanks all well-meaning Nigerians for their unalloyed support, goodwill and understanding towards officers and men of the Nigerian Army as they tackle the myriad of security challenges confronting our dear country.

You are kindly requested to disseminate above information to the general public for awareness. Thank you for your usual cooperation.

*AMINU ILIYASU*

Colonel
Nigerian Army Operations Media Coordinator
19 November 2019

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:56am On Nov 19, 2019
More

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 10:21am On Nov 19, 2019
bidexiii:
*PRESS RELEASE*

*ANOTHER TACTICAL BOOMERANG OCCURS AT MARTE AS IRREPRESSIBLE NIGERIAN ARMY TROOPS WRECK HAVOC ON BOKO HARAM CRIMINAL ELEMENTS IN A FAILED AMBUSH OPERATION*

It could be recalled that, less than two weeks ago, it was reported that Boko Haram criminal elements suffered a tactical boomerang when a sizeable number of them were neutralised and many others maimed as they mistakenly stepped on the same improvised explosive device that they had earlier planted against own troops. In yet another incident of tactical boomerang in the face of superior tactics and training, in the early hours of 18th November 2019, troops of 153 Task Force Battalion deployed at New Marte embarked on fighting patrol to Dikwa in Dikwa LGA of Borno State to hunt and destroy remnant of Boko Haram criminals in the general area. Incidentally, the troops encountered an ambush staged against them by some remnants of the criminal Boko Haram insurgents along the patrol route at Ala Village, 7 km away from New Marte. The ambush was reinforced with a crudely prepared Improvised Explosive Device planted by them against the troops.

In a rare display of boldness, resilience and faithful service to their fatherland, the troops, rather than getting discouraged by this sudden attack on them, turned around the initial setback and dealt a devastating blow on their criminal attackers. Having so clearly asserted their superiority in the ensuing fire fight, the criminal insurgents were forced to flee in disarray. The gallant troops then embarked on a relentless pursuit of the scampering insurgents who abandoned some of their fighting equipment in utter confusion. At the end of the pursuit and exploitation, 2 Gun Trucks, 2 Anti-Air Craft Guns, 2,080 Rounds of 7.62mm NATO ammunition, 26 Rounds of 12.7 mm Armour Piercing Incendiary ammunition, 3 AK 47 Rifles, 6 Rounds of 12.7 mm (Belted), one AOJOE motorcycle, some clothes, food stuffs and mechanical tools belonging to the criminals were captured by the troops. Most of the Boko Haram criminal elements were believed to have escaped with varying degrees of gunshot wounds. However, troops continue to dominate the area with patrols to deny the criminal insurgents freedom of action.

The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai commends the troops for their gallantry and equally wishes to reiterate the commitment of the Nigerian Army to accomplish its constitutional mandate professionally and responsively for a secured Nigeria. He also thanks all well-meaning Nigerians for their unalloyed support, goodwill and understanding towards officers and men of the Nigerian Army as they tackle the myriad of security challenges confronting our dear country.

You are kindly requested to disseminate above information to the general public for awareness. Thank you for your usual cooperation.

*AMINU ILIYASU*

Colonel
Nigerian Army Operations Media Coordinator
19 November 2019

I thought anyawu said that matte was being controlled by bh
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 10:51am On Nov 19, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

Have you ever heard of troops going for fighting patrol in Maiduguri town before?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 19, 2019
kabe1:
The three A109 Light Utility Helicopter crashes were caused by mechanical failure and pilot error, but all technical problems have been resolved, the chief of the South African Air Force has said.

Lieutenant General Carlo Gagiano was speaking to journalists at the Air Force Day parade held at Swartkop on Friday.
“All problems have been identified and rectified,” Gagiano said, adding that Air Force technicians went through all the A109’s systems and checked all parts to isolate the problems. Since entering service around five years ago, the A109 fleet has been subject to several engineering changes.

On May 12, 2009, an A109 crashed into
I was talking about the last 9 years as bidixiii stated.

Not the one in May 2009

Regardless out of the 3 crashes and 2 hard landings only one was adjudged to be pilot error......4 out 5 due to mechanical error....says alot!!!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 11:40am On Nov 19, 2019
Xbee007:

Have you ever heard of troops going for fighting patrol in Maiduguri town before?

Which one is fighting patrol again?

By the way, what's your point here?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 11:58am On Nov 19, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

Which one is fighting patrol again?

By the way, what's your point here?
My point is, if there are no terrorists there troops won't conduct fighting patrol there and they won't be ambushed there.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 12:23pm On Nov 19, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

I am still waiting for @Samuelanyawu to show me the 90% Chadian soldiers conducting 90% military operations in the North of Borno.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.