Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,259 members, 7,953,994 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:28 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1052) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3149352 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 21, 2019
Kalapizim:
Very barbaric but deep inside me i will do worse to any confirmed BH i lay my hand on.
And i say it without remorse
When boko haram and ISWAP sees the video like some of us do, they won't also show any mercy to any Nigerian security personnel they get hold of.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by shadowprimezero: 12:02am On Nov 22, 2019
ocelot2006:

It has always been in the inventory of the Navy for quite a while, but was used for Search and Rescue (SAR). The only difference is that the colours have been changed.
I believe you meant the one handed over from NIMASA. That one is still in the process of reactivation. This is brand new. The picture was taken a few days ago at the Leonardo Helicopter factory in Italy.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:21am On Nov 22, 2019
BabaOwen:
When boko haram and ISWAP sees the video like some of us do, they won't also show any mercy to any Nigerian security personnel they get hold of.
Like they have been showing mercy before.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 7:33am On Nov 22, 2019
BabaOwen:
do you think every country joke with the life of their citizens like the Nigerian government grin a useless pilot can not fly the Indian air force SU 30.
I disagree sir.. if there is such a governmnt, they would never put a useless pilot n a multimillion asset ok n
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:33am On Nov 22, 2019
blacKDalia:

I been think say you don vex leave this place. Anyway you go soon post say you dey go Maiduguri go freelance since weekend don reach. grin

Omo i am preparing to hit the road once again from Monguno to Maiduguri in 1 hour time. i need to avoid prayer time on the way. Tho the Military are always prepared on Fridays. May God grant me a safe trip. If i don't update this evening maybe i don become Casualty embarassed embarassed embarassed

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 9:57am On Nov 22, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Omo i am preparing to hit the road once again from Monguno to Maiduguri in 1 hour time. i need to avoid prayer time on the way. Tho the Military are always prepared on Fridays. May God grant me a safe trip. If i don't update this evening maybe i don become Casualty embarassed embarassed embarassed

oga snap picture
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 22, 2019
Xbee007:

Like they have been showing mercy before.
so because the rag tag boko haram act in such a way, the Nigerian military too should also act in such barbaric manners

I will rather shoot myself than letting boko haram capture me sha.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 22, 2019
GeneralFarouq:

I disagree sir.. if there is such a governmnt, they would never put a useless pilot n a multimillion asset ok n
Even the Nigerian air force won't let a useless pilot fly our alph jet. You no go fit gain admission into NDA sef.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:35pm On Nov 22, 2019
AIR OPERATIONS: CAS INSPECTS ONGOING IN-COUNTRY PERIODIC DEPOT MAINTENANCE OF ALPHA JETS, OTHER PROJECTS IN KAINJI

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has stated that the ongoing in-country Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM) of some Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Alpha Jets, being executed at the 407 Air Combat Training Group (407 ACTG) Kainji, Niger State includes significant avionics upgrades that would enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of air operations conducted with the aircraft. The CAS disclosed this yesterday, 21 November 2019, while on an inspection visit to to assess progress of the PDM as well as other ongoing projects at NAF Base Kainji.

The CAS, who was accompanied by other senior officers from Headquarters (HQ) NAF as well as the Air Officer Commanding Air Training Command (AOC ATC), Air Vice Marshal Mohammed Suleiman, was briefed on the progress of work by the Commander 407 ACTG, Squadron Leader Kingsley Igwegbe, who stated that the team of technical expatriates from Arlington Jets, United State of America, working jointly with NAF engineers and technicians, had begun work on preparing some of the parts of the airframe of the aircraft that had been shipped abroad for repairs and returned to Nigeria for mounting on the aircraft, while the upgrade of the avionics to meet current acceptable standards was progressing steadily. He observed that the avionics upgrade would not only enhance operational safety but also increase the reliability and effectiveness of the aircraft. Moreover, he noted that the challenges associated with unavailability of the spares for the old system would be eliminated as spares would now be readily available for prompt maintenance. He pledged that the team would continue to work tirelessly to ensure the job was completed on schedule.

While addressing the press after the inspection tour, the CAS expressed delight at the level of work done on the first 3 Alpha Jets and commended the Commander 407 ACTG as well as the team of NAF engineers and technicians for their hard work, commitment and dedication in ensuring steady progress of the job. He urged them not to relent in their efforts at ensuring excellent and timely completion of the job. He emphasized that, apart from hastening the overall timeframe of the maintenance job, the in-country PDM, would allow the NAF personnel involved in the project to build their capacity to enable them ultimately carry out major aspects of such high level maintenance activities on their own in the future. The CAS therefore urged the personnel to make maximum use of the opportunity to enhance NAF’s self-reliance. He noted that completion of the in-country PDM would boost the NAF’s Air Power employment capability by increasing the number of Alpha Jet aircraft available for combat operations in the various Theatres of Operation.

Speaking further, Air Marshal Abubakar recalled that a similar life extension maintenance had been carried out recently on three L-39ZA aircraft in Kano, while an in-country PDM was also successfully carried out on a C-130 Hercules aircraft in Lagos, with the PDM of another C-130 also currently ongoing. Furthermore, he disclosed that reactivation work on another Mi-35P helicopter was also in progress is in Portharcourt. He highlighted that, apart from building the capacity of NAF personnel, these local maintenance efforts had also resulted huge foreign exchange savings for the Nation.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

These balls wey you get ehn,thumbs up. Why don't you just join the military in the fight against ISWAP ,maybe as a CJTF or a hunter. Remember one Aisha the huntress? Hope still dey for you since na freelance. grin grin cheesy

Wishing you godspeed.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jimi24: 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2019
This Alpha jet upgrade seems to be significant. I suspect some systems re engineering, night fighting enhancements and self diagnosis ability apart from airframe life extensions being done
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 4:05pm On Nov 22, 2019
shadowprimezero:

I believe you meant the one handed over from NIMASA. That one is still in the process of reactivation. This is brand new. The picture was taken a few days ago at the Leonardo Helicopter factory in Italy.

Wow. Then I stand corrected. That's a good one. I hope the Airforce will also increase their transport helo fleet.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ezugwu MRAP APC

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Goel: 4:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
gallivant:

You are always welcome here. Personally I like reading up your work because I am a lifetime member of the non_aligned movement, Kwame Nkrumah, Nehru, Kenyatta, Selassie are my heros; most importantly you are a neutral force in this debacle of a thread. Tell your friends about this thread. grin
Hey thanks.
kikuyu1:

Do you have enough info to compare with the Tejas?
I do. Sorry for replying too late. I was on vacation, busy on other forum.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
*COAS PROMOTES SOLDIER FOR GALLANTRY*

The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai has promoted Private Illyasu Bala to the rank of Lance Corporal for exceptional courage and gallantry in the war against Boko Haram in the Lake Chad Area.

It would be recalled that in the last couple of weeks troops location in Mallam Fatori has been under repeated attacks by Boko Haram Terrorists. However, on each of those occasions, troops have robustly defended their location, counter - attacked and inflicted heavy losses in personnel and equipment on Boko Haram.

The maiden visit of the new Force Commander, Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF), Major General Ibrahim Manu Ibrahim, to troops in the front line, therefore, provided the opportunity to reward the gallant soldier.

Recommending Private Illyasu Bala to the Force Commander for automatic promotion, the Commanding Officer 118 Task Force Battalion, Lieutenant Colonel Murtala Aminu said "Private Illyasu Bala who is only 3 years in service has been exemplary, courageous and a source of inspiration to his peers. His gallantry in the face of the enemy has been exceptional". Consequently, on the authority of the Chief of Army Staff, the Force Commander promoted and decorated the soldier to the admiration and applause of the entire battalion.

Speaking during an address to officers and soldiers, Major General Yusuf commended them for their courage and services to their fatherland. "You have made everyone proud and other locations are being urged to emulate the Mallam Fatori spirit", Major General Yusuf added.He emphasized the need for collaboration between Nigerian and Nigerien forces fighting in Bosso - Mallam Fatori axis in order to benefit from the experiences and expertise of each other.

As a morale booster and mark of appreciation for their services and patriotism, the Force Commander decorated commanders, some officers and soldiers with Operation YANCIN TAFKI medal.

Please disseminate this information to the general public.

Colonel Timothy Antigha
Chief of Military Public Information
MNJTF
N'Djamena, Chad.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2019
Toju200:
AIR OPERATIONS: CAS INSPECTS ONGOING IN-COUNTRY PERIODIC DEPOT MAINTENANCE OF ALPHA JETS, OTHER PROJECTS

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2019
More

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 8:34pm On Nov 22, 2019
It is nice to know that the NN is expecting Lynx Helicopters.

"These procurement include money for the purchase of Navy Lynx helicopters. Total amount spent so far: $876,888,428.71. The equipment paid for have due dates of delivery of between six months and two years. Balance of the money that is unspent as at today is $123,111,571.29."

https://allafrica.com/stories/201907230108.html

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2019
rka2:

"These procurement include money for the purchase of Navy Lynx helicopters. Total amount spent so far: $876,888,428.71. The equipment paid for have due dates of delivery of between six months and two years. Balance of the money that is unspent as at today is $123,111,571.29."

I also heard of drones too any idea what type cos Me I heard predator drones.why not tsaigumi UAV

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 9:07pm On Nov 22, 2019
Toju200:
I also heard of drones too any idea what type cos Me I heard predator drones.why not tsaigumi UAV

I am not sure of the source country or type of drone at this stage, but it will all become apparent soon wink although drones are already in use to monitor oil pipelines etc.

http://www.marsecreview.com/2019/11/nigerian-navy-monitors-pipelines-using-uavs-drones/

A possibility is a camcopter for the expected drone(s).

https://www.advantageaustria.org/ng/oesterreich-in-nigeria/news/local/SCHIEBEL_CAMCOPTER__S-100_IMPRESSES_WITH_SUCCESSFUL_.en.html
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 9:38pm On Nov 22, 2019
rka2:

Sir, how many Lynx helicopters are they expecting?

Oga Henry shared a photo of navy personnel in Airbus helicopter plant last year, is the navy not buying from Airbus again?

Why is the navy buying from Italy and England and France all at the same time?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 9:39pm On Nov 22, 2019
rka2:

Is this spending from Ministry of Defence or Ministry of Transport?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:59pm On Nov 22, 2019
rka2:

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:17pm On Nov 22, 2019
kabe1:

Sir, how many Lynx helicopters are they expecting?

Oga Henry shared a photo of navy personnel in Airbus helicopter plant last year, is the navy not buying from Airbus again?

Why is the navy buying from Italy and England and France all at the same time?

I wish I knew how many or whether it is the old navy lynx helos being refurbished or ex Royal Navy helos being purchased. The navy are not as open as the NAF these days. They could be purchasing a combination of Dauphin helos, AW135s and Lynxes.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:20pm On Nov 22, 2019
kabe1:

Is this spending from Ministry of Defence or Ministry of Transport?

It is from the $1 billion dollars withdrawn from the excess crude account I believe.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:21pm On Nov 22, 2019
[quote author=bidexiii post=84279097][/quote]

I saw this and did wonder what helicopters they are buying. They should be more open. After all, it is tax payers money.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by WARTHUNDER: 1:07am On Nov 23, 2019
rka2:

Bruz, is it confusion, FG mis-info, bad reporting or journalist error? Airbus officially announced on Janes IHS Defence 2017 that our NN is buying 3 of its AS-565 MBe Panther multi-role naval-coast guard helicopters for ship borne ops. Lynx is no longer in production, only 2 of our old Lynx remain dead in storage, one Lynx was burnt in fire mishap beyond repair. Only Super Lynx variant is in production, so we getting Panther or Lynx? FG messed up info to press, and their incompetent reporting of a whole $ 1 billion transaction is reason PDP hammered them accusing sat one billion dollars oil money waka wit leg enter voicemail grin Our defence info is never really clean and clear to the public.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:16am On Nov 23, 2019
blacKDalia:

These balls wey you get ehn,thumbs up. Why don't you just join the military in the fight against ISWAP ,maybe as a CJTF or a hunter. Remember one Aisha the huntress? Hope still dey for you since na freelance. grin grin cheesy

Wishing you godspeed.

It's not easy bro, but the local man got no options
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:27am On Nov 23, 2019
Algerian special forces paratroopers,with their High Altitude insertion jump equipment

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:33am On Nov 23, 2019
#NPF
#SF

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 8:19am On Nov 23, 2019
WARTHUNDER:

Bruz, is it confusion, FG mis-info, bad reporting or journalist error? Airbus officially announced on Janes IHS Defence 2017 that our NN is buying 3 of its AS-565 MBe Panther multi-role naval-coast guard helicopters for ship borne ops. Lynx is no longer in production, only 2 of our old Lynx remain dead in storage, one Lynx was burnt in fire mishap beyond repair. Only Super Lynx variant is in production, so we getting Panther or Lynx? FG messed up info to press, and their incompetent reporting of a whole $ 1 billion transaction is reason PDP hammered them accusing sat one billion dollars oil money waka wit leg enter voicemail grin Our defence info is never really clean and clear to the public.

Bro, we will have to wait and see. Countries are now buying the WildCat helicopter, which replaced the Lynx. I blame the navy for not stating, like the NAF, what type/make/model they are buying. It is then open to civil servants to spout anything they like.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:46am On Nov 23, 2019
bidexiii:
#NPF
#SF
Tekowi TPV

(1) (2) (3) ... (1049) (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) ... (2212) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.