Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1053) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3031646 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by WARTHUNDER: 5:05pm On Nov 23, 2019
Government of The Republic of Chad has conferred their national honour on immediate past Force Commander of Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF), Major General Chikezie Ude, the award of Chevalier de l’ordre national de la République du Tchad meaning Knight of the National Order of the Republic of Chad. Ogbuefi well done Maj. Gen. Ude, national saluuute, salute! Paraaade, will remooove head dresses! Top Tri Yah!

At least biko, we too can shine in Chad, let's gain some fresh pride to balance the equation of "Chad is the new regional​ military power of our basin."

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 5:19pm On Nov 23, 2019
NAF Regiment....

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 5:21pm On Nov 23, 2019
NAF

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 5:34pm On Nov 23, 2019
Seen the Female Officer quite a few times in photos.She must be part of the QRF.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 5:49pm On Nov 23, 2019
Back in October 2019, the Nigerian Army sent a delegation to Sri Lanka to learn about their special forces.

http://www.colombopage.com/archive_19B/Oct29_1572330200CH.php

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:04pm On Nov 23, 2019
rka2:
Back in October 2019, the Nigerian Army sent a delegation to Sri Lanka to learn about their special forces.

http://www.colombopage.com/archive_19B/Oct29_1572330200CH.php
If only they'd implement with ingenuity.

The Sris have a lot they could teach our SF especially in regards to the Delta

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kenpaul0: 7:31pm On Nov 23, 2019
Why u no say na quote from Afriken? This is not yours

bidexiii:
Uganda UPDF BMP-2 Carrier Mortar Tracked Vehicles,I have come to the conclusion that,UPDF is better armed than KDF.
Guys what's your take, please don't even compare with Nigerian army.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2019
kenpaul0:
Why u no say na quote from Afriken? This is not yours

Bidexiii, when you quote someone always try and place the quote in a quotation mark or use whatever method that will make the reader understand that the thought isn't yours.
Thanks.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2019
Odunayaw:

The thing is, we will never know. It will join a list of visits by our armed forces that we never hear of again.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 8:53pm On Nov 23, 2019
Gotta accumulate flier miles somehow grin grin, the rewards are tantalizing
rka2:

The thing is, we will never know. It will join a list of visits by our armed forces that we never hear of again.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 11:47pm On Nov 23, 2019
Odunayaw:

I think the N.A should copy one country only... U copy Russia today, tomorrow u do Pakistan now it the Sri's . I thi k learning is consistent... U build on what u already know... Afterall they say time is the best teacher .

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by obidark: 3:56am On Nov 24, 2019
jln115:
it's a right off mate!!

i dont think it can be recovered either....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by obidark: 7:08am On Nov 24, 2019
Xbee007:

Seeking for prayer Kwa?

Prayers don't change anything, it may make us feel good but it changes nothing.

haha....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:23am On Nov 24, 2019
z
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by obidark: 7:36am On Nov 24, 2019
jln115:
Chad has 3 Mig29 on order, one of which is already in service.

At this stage NAF has nothing to stop even 1 Mig29.

the last chad tried nonesense with nigeria,nigeria entered their territory and nearly reached their capital....

dont underestimate nigeria....when nigerians get desperate,they get very dangerous....

i opened a thread sayin,nigeria would be hard to defeat in a conventional war....
but people laughed at me....

get them desperate enough and see what will happen....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:47am On Nov 24, 2019
obidark:

the last chad tried nonesense with nigeria,nigeria entered their territory and nearly reached their capital....

dont underestimate nigeria....when nigerians get desperate,they get very dangerous....

i opened a thread sayin,nigeria would be hard to defeat in a conventional war....

true... Never underestimate Nigeria.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:17am On Nov 24, 2019
Late Captain Chari Magumeri From Borno Was the first Nigerian to be promoted to the rank of CAPTAIN in British Army (1953) After making a gallant performance in 1st and 2nd WW .

Born in 1897 in Borno, Nigeria, Chari Magumeri enlisted in a colonial unit of the Imperial German Army at the age of sixteen during The Great War and was awarded the Iron Cross 2nd Class for bravery in the field against the British in Northern Cameroon. The Germans promoted him to the rank of sergeant. When the British occupied part of that territory, Magumeri was inducted into the West African Frontier Force in 1917. He served in 5th Bn The Nigerian Regiment, in which his father had served for twenty-six years, and has been described as distinguishing himself, which would have pleased his father, presuming the latter were still alive. One wonders what Chari Magumeri's father would have thought of his son's enlistment in the German army. In the photo (posted below because of dynamic page link problems), RSM Magumeri is wearing the ribands of the MM, BEM, BWM, VM, 1939-1945 Star, Africa Star, Burma Star, Defence Medal, War Medal with MID Oakleaf, 1937 Coronation Medal and the Army LSGC Medal. He clearly qualified for The Defence Medal during his time in India and in Abyssinia. One wonders if he still had his German documents and his 1914 EK2 or if these were confiscated from him in 1917 after the WWI. He would have had every right to wear the 1914 EK2 as Civilian after he retired. He would also have been eligible for the 1934 "Hindenburg Cross". One wonders if any former Askari applied to the Nazi government for their 1914-1918 “Ehrenkreuze”. By 1928, Magumeri was RSM of 3rd Battalion The Nigerian Regiment. During WW2, RSM Magumeri won the MM in the 1940-1941 Abyssinian (Ethiopian) Campaign. The regiment was later transferred to India with 81st West African Division, fighting in the Naga Hills and in Burma with the 14th Army, where RSM Magumeri MM picked up an MID. He also received the BEM in 1944 for his long and excellent service. Returning to Nigeria after the war, RSM Magumeri MM BEM MID was involved in training duties and was promoted to Captain on retirement from the service in 1953. His name remains revered in Nigeria amongst those Nigerians with a sense of pride in their nation and its history but until recently, there were no military establishments named after him, perhaps because his achievements pre-dated independence, his part in the shaping of a new generation of Nigerian soldiers aside.What an impressive-looking soldier Maigumeri was! An Army barracks has now been named after him in Lokoja.

The below photograph was snapped on the 21st May 1953, Royal Sergeant Major Chari Magumeri, a member of the Nigerian Regiment, with Lieutenant Colonel M M Davie, at Woolwich Barracks, London. The regiment is part of the colonial contingent which took part in a parade during the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain.

May His Gentle Soul Rest In Prefect Peace .

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:44am On Nov 24, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Gotta accumulate flier miles somehow grin grin, the rewards are tantalizing

I couldn't possibly comment grin wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nicheey(m): 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2019
Toju200:
true... Never underestimate Nigeria.

Especially when we're desperate,desperation na why em cut off supplies from entering biafra during the civil war, desperation na why we almost go war with Cameroon,desperation walai na bastard...

Off topic : during my time in AFSB(armed forces selection board),rabadu cantonment kaduna.
We dey crawl close to 2miles just to evade punishment from the sergeants in our hostel. Instead of us to stand upright ehh,waka with our two legs we go crawl from one suya joint, dey follow bush way full front of our hostel. E get one barbwire wey dey loosed na so we go crawl enter one after the other, as you crawl pass (if una be 5 or more) the first person wey crawl burst out go dey on the look out while the rest crawled in. Na from their I know say desperation na bastard.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 24, 2019
Algerian army /Counterterrorism. Result of the operation on 18 November 2019, by People's National Army units in the locality of Bordj Badji Mokhtar 6st MR. Two terrorists eliminated and weapons seized.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 24, 2019
Algerian army 2015-2018 Counter terrorism. 857 terrorists eliminated .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 9:34pm On Nov 24, 2019
It looks like Terrorisim is increasing in Algeria.
Despite the News blackout. The amount of caches siezed has not decreased.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 25, 2019
obidark:

And? what's your point?

All i said was NAF doesn't have anything to match the Mig 29 at this stage and thus the JF17 would be a great addition.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by obidark: 9:59am On Nov 25, 2019
jln115:

And? what's your point?

All i said was NAF doesn't have anything to match the Mig 29 at this stage and thus the JF17 would be a great addition.

now you are loosin focus....

i know you whites cant stand it if any black makes you afraid....

you know they will take revenge on you and your people....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 25, 2019
obidark:

now you are loosin focus....

i know you whites cant stand it if any black makes you afraid....

you know they will take revenge on you and your people....
Cool story bro wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by obidark: 10:19am On Nov 25, 2019
jln115:

Cool story bro wink

its the truth....in europe,when am drivin a simple car,whites get very uncomfortable....

i never understood,till i saw fear that could turn into hate easily....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 25, 2019
obidark:

its the truth....in europe,when am drivin a simple car,whites get very uncomfortable....

i never understood,till i saw fear that could turn into hate easily....
Again...... Cool story bro wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 10:47am On Nov 25, 2019
kemicalreaction:
Gbam, it one thing to fight for the sovereignty of your country, it's another thing to start invading countries that didn't invite you.

10 likes! Russia was INVITED into Syria -for obvious reasons people pretend not to know this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 10:50am On Nov 25, 2019
jln115:

If the US are tools then by definition so are the bottom countries

Russia, China, Japan, UK, USA, India, South Africa, Nigeria, Germany, Ethiopia ect ect ect

Err, no!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by obidark: 10:54am On Nov 25, 2019
jln115:

Again...... Cool story bro wink

okay....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 10:59am On Nov 25, 2019
Goel:

Hey thanks.

I do. Sorry for replying too late. I was on vacation, busy on other forum.

Eagerly awaiting your Tejas/JF 17 comparison! Even if it's OSI pls include the Tejas 1 and 2 and the JF 17 Block 2 and 2.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1050) (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.