Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,245 members, 7,860,561 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:38 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3073073 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1152) (1153) (1154) (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jd3trice(m): 12:20am On Apr 24, 2020
bidexiii:

If it’s a small ship/boat sure why can’t it be commanded by a lieutenant !
And don’t forget lieutenant in the Navy is the equivalent of a major in the Army

Bro, Lieutenant in the Navy is the equivalent of Captain in the Army!
Lieutenant Commander in the Navy is the equivalent of Major in the Army.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 4:36am On Apr 24, 2020
komekn:

What is the co-relationship between training NAF fighter pilots and piloting a UAV that is a non question, doesn't make any sense.

Your second question, I will respond with recent devastating example of the efficacy of UAV when it comes to stealth precision attacks with the target completely oblivious. Consider General Qasem Soleimani, taken out with a precision hit by a alleged Reaper drone. Can the very noisy A29 Turbo Prop hover in the air at 30,000ft + and hover around patiently for 30 hours, waiting patiently to strike. No it cannot. Do you think if Turkey had sent in A29 to deal with the Syrian army in Idlib they would have been so overwhelmingly successful.

Thinking long term which of these planes is easier to shoot down, the noisy A29 or the near Silent drones, particularly for insurgents and thier obligatory AA guns on their pickups. Consider if you shoot down a cheap $1million Wing Loong II UAV, nobody dies you walk away no tears you buy another one, nuttin spoil. You shoot down an A29 there will be plenty tears, furthermore with a unit cost in excess of $30 million +that is a big loss.

What is best value, one A29 against the 25+ Wing Loong II UAV, its what we call a , "NO BRAINER" The UAV is the future and the A29 competes with WW2 Mustangs of the USAF its realy a historical relic updated to meet modern day needs in the short term as a cheap alternative. But we paid G wagon money for a toyota corolla , it feels like the Yankees have given us a big Yahoo, and we fall hook, line & sinker.

It is as obvious as DAYLIGHT the USA sells these overpriced frames to insignificant low valued partners at off the scale ridiculous prices. Do you see Egypt, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Isreal, not even Pakistan their strategic valued partners using A29, not one of them, they are using F16's at the very least.

I consider the offer of the A29's as a diplomatic blatant rebuff by the USA to Nigeria it says we dont rate or value you. If the USA will not sell something better to us what about France, Germany , Russia, Sweden, etc

You claim to be analyzing best value for money but conveniently skipped training grin grin
Which value for money does your UCAV add in that regards?

Where will you get the opportunity for a Soleimani kinda hit in an assymetric warfare the type we are fighting in NE? You just compared apples with potatoes, NAF needs to provide close air support for long hrs and run ISR while at it, agreed your UCAV can run ISR but can it give close air support without throwing expensive precision missiles? if your answer is no, then how is that best value for money?
A-29 can gladly straff its guns when NAF is on low budget to fire expensive precision missiles where does that fall into your best value for money analysis?
Soleimani was killed with 2 nos $115k missiles, is that the best value for money for NAF with less than $250m annual budget?

During and after this war, Nigeria's battle theater will be majorly in Civilian population not a Turkey vs Syrian army kinda war, again you compare apples with candy, you sincerely think we will have the luxury of throwing smart bombs around? at what cost? A group of cattle rustlers in Sokoto or a group of pipeline vandals in the Niger delta creek, you waste GB3 250 kg laser-guided bomb on them plus collateral damages that can land you a global sanction? really? you call that best value for money?

You said A-29 is easy to shoot down at nearly 600km/hr speed, meanwhile you recommend a drone of 370km/hr top speed as your so called best value for money grin grin apparently, you have no clue why several better drones have been lost in Libya.

Speaking of shooting down A-29, it operates beyond the reach of ISWAP AA guns and it engages targets within the same distance so your analysis is baseless, your AA can't shoot down what you can't see.

US strategic partners have privileges you dont, while they can get strategic assets, from the US you cant so you are living in a dream.
Jonathan's handlers once had that dream of owning a Chinook, we know how he woke up from that dream, repeating Jonathan's dream is silly.
F16 is not exactly a COIN aircraft so when next you want to make smart comparisons, use the Air Tractor or Warthog to compare with the Tucano, US will not sell Warthog to Nigeria, has never sold it not even to allies so we fall back again to the Tucano as the smartest choice.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 6:40am On Apr 24, 2020
kabe1:

He is the best at passing disinformation. Making phony baseless claims with authority.

Anytime I want to have a good laugh, I come down here to look at some of his disjointed responses to posts.

Very amusing guy.

What can I say? I just tire for these people.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 8:10am On Apr 24, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:
Heavy Sound of Artillery in Maiduguri. I hope all is well embarassed embarassed
any update yet?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:19am On Apr 24, 2020
seankafor:
any update yet?
me sef wan ask SamuelAnyawu afar what's the report
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 24, 2020
KingAzubuike:

The Nigerian army don't even use Ak 47. What they use are clones of ak47 variants like the Romanian PMD 65, Yugoslavian M70 B1 and Chinese type 56. In a nut shell, they are using clones of clones.
grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:35am On Apr 24, 2020
Hope these birds don't end up like f-7ni

1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 24, 2020
jd3trice:

Bro, Lieutenant in the Navy is the equivalent of Captain in the Army!
Lieutenant Commander in the Navy is the equivalent of Major in the Army.
He is going to tell you that, you're lying.

How a so called "military officer" will say a naval lieutenant is equal to a army major, yet people always crying about people spreading wrong info somehow didn't see it grin I wander the kin lamentation we for dey read by now if nah komekn write am cheesy in NATO(OF-2) and the US army(O-3) a Naval lieutenant is equivalent to the army rank of captain.

Funny thread grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kemicalreact: 11:40am On Apr 24, 2020
Stormtrooper11:
Hope these birds don't end up like f-7ni
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:39pm On Apr 24, 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:41pm On Apr 24, 2020
Toju200:
me sef wan ask SamuelAnyawu afar what's the report

I heard they were sighted at the outskirts around Molai on Maiduguri-Damboa road, so military fired towards their location. cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
kabe1:

The J-10 is a multi-role fighter, exact same thing as the JF-17.

So what capability does the J-10C bring that is not already present in the JF-17?

The J-10C has not been cleared for exports.
Ok.........
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kemicalreact: 12:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
Stormtrooper11:

What's the name of the aircraft
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2020
kemicalreact:
What's the name of the aircraft
JF-17
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 24, 2020
AFAIK J10 was being offered to Argentina long time back. There are articles in Chinese media regarding that. The deal did not pan out though.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by marvin906(m): 4:41pm On Apr 24, 2020
rka2:

You talk as if you are an authority. I was an active participant on Beeg's blog. It is a blog and not gospel. I didn't tell you they weren't stored at Makurdi Air Base just that they were stored out in the open without any protection from the elements and by the time the Indians inspected them, they were not fit for purpose. Do these photos look like they were crated?

Talking of disinformation, I can not think of anybody else so adept at it on this forum.

can these jags be activated back

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 5:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
marvin906:

can these jags be activated back

Not unless you replace practically every part of the aircraft. Might as well buy new aircraft.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 5:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
rka2:

Not unless you replace practically every part of the aircraft. Might as well buy new aircraft.
This is a bad loss, see how them plenty for ground .. these guys are vandals for leaving it to fit in the open.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2020
S
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by marvin906(m): 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
rka2:

i thought weapons procurement was the problem of these Jets.
and why weren't they kept in better condition
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:01pm On Apr 24, 2020
Is there any incidence in Baga today? The Soldiers here were speaking in Hausa language.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:
Is there any incidence in Baga today? The Soldiers here were speaking in Hausa language.
So Hausa language is how you know if there's incidence

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 7:26pm On Apr 24, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

They are BH, run for your life. You work for an NGO and you don't have a smattering for the spoken language there. It's almost suicidal. What if they are discussing how to kidnap you as you will fetch a lot of NGO money angry

P. S Thought you said Baga is amongst the LGA held by BH? I'm beginning to look at you one kind, one kind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 7:49pm On Apr 24, 2020
rka2:

You talk as if you are an authority. I was an active participant on Beeg's blog. It is a blog and not gospel. I didn't tell you they weren't stored at Makurdi Air Base just that they were stored out in the open without any protection from the elements and by the time the Indians inspected them, they were not fit for purpose. Do these photos look like they were crated?

Talking of disinformation, I can not think of anybody else so adept at it on this forum.

It seems that you need to revert back to basics because you do not seem to understand what the word disinformation means. FYI, false information which is intended to mislead

Your approach is to discredit but not with anything but your own opinion no facts, just your own self birthed deduction. Your opinion is not fact its just a view.

I used Beeeagle to underpin my view and mentioned him being a prolific blogger at the time, is that disinformation Unless you are calling him a liar too.

I quote him, it emerged that a Jaguar B TRAINER variant (NAF 703) had flown for only 150 hours 54 minutes since it was manufactured in December 1984. It had its 100 hours inspection on the 10th day of February, 1986. It suggests that the crated fleet of Jaguar jets is almost brand-new still. Where is the disinformation

We have very clear information to a good degree technical from which a substantive non-opinionated deduction can be made, that there was considerable life left in these air frames, that is a very plausible deduction to be made. We are informed there were two separate bids for the planes by both India's Hindustan and the now BAE systems. That says there was value in theses Air-frames. Personally when i think of the European build quality i would prefer a renewed 16 Sepecat Jaguar, new engines, avionics, weapon systems, etc for a $100 million. In comparison to the 12 Chinese copy cat Mig 21's that we bought for £250 million.

That is my opinion it is not fact , it is not disinformation or misrepresentation it is my approach to best value, you can agree or disagree thats your choice.

With regards to your pictures it says nothing or proves anything, we don't know when those pics were taken , for how long the Jags remained in the open and when they left the hangar and where they currently are right now. Your pictures without a time frame explanation are misleading and more of disinformation.

From my own sources at the time my understanding was that they were in the HANGERS just before the inspection, what happened afterwards I really do not know. I could easily find out if I wanted too.

So if you disagree with me its your choice but please stop trying to harangue, name calling and cause unnecessary ill tempered arguments, there is simply no need. I don't know what you mean by "You talk as if you are an authority"

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 7:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 8:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
komekn:

It seems that you need to revert back to basics because you do not seem to understand what the word disinformation means. FYI, false information which is intended to mislead

Your approach is to discredit but not with anything but your own opinion no facts, just your own self birthed deduction. Your opinion is not fact its just a view.

I used Beeeagle to underpin my view and mentioned him being a prolific blogger at the time, is that disinformation Unless you are calling him a liar too.

I quote him, it emerged that a Jaguar B TRAINER variant (NAF 703) had flown for only 150 hours 54 minutes since it was manufactured in December 1984. It had its 100 hours inspection on the 10th day of February, 1986. It suggests that the crated fleet of Jaguar jets is almost brand-new still. Where is the disinformation

We have very clear information to a good degree technical from which a substantive non-opinionated deduction can be made, that there was considerable life left in these air frames, that is a very plausible deduction to be made. We are informed there were two separate bids for the planes by both India's Hindustan and the now BAE systems. That says there was value in theses Air-frames. Personally when i think of the European build quality i would prefer a renewed 16 Sepecat Jaguar, new engines, avionics, weapon systems, etc for a $100 million. In comparison to the 12 Chinese copy cat Mig 21's that we bought for £250 million.

That is my opinion it is not fact , it is not disinformation or misrepresentation it is my approach to best value, you can agree or disagree thats your choice.

With regards to your pictures it says nothing or proves anything, we don't know when those pics were taken , for how long the Jags remained in the open and when they left the hangar and where they currently are right now. Your pictures without a time frame explanation are misleading and more of disinformation.

From my own sources at the time my understanding was that they were in the HANGERS just before the inspection, what happened afterwards I really do not know. I could easily find out if I wanted too.

So if you disagree with me its your choice but please stop trying to harangue, name calling and cause unnecessary ill tempered arguments, there is simply no need. I don't know what you mean by "You talk as if you are an authority"

You are the one accusing me of disinformation and saying I just make things up and you have the temerity to accuse me of name calling?

I still follow Beegs on Twitter and I can never call him a liar. We are only as good as our sources sometimes. So they had an inspection in 1986, how does that affect what I was saying about storage outside? Did I disagree they were inspected? You think I don't have sources as well to back up they were abandoned outside?

Quit pretending to be an injured party. So where is the disinformation?

Maybe these photos will help. Dated May 3rd 2007. See llink to photos. There is also a photo below of storage in a hanger, not crated or dated.

http://wpalette.com/en/pictures/56700

The jets were largely abandoned in the late 80s. They tried to sell them in 2011.

The small Nigerian Jaguar force did not operate for long; despite being the most heavily populated country in Africa and rich in natural resources including oil, chaotic government with repeated coups and corruption on a massive scale coupled with sanctions by other nations left the country's Air Force unable to afford a safe level of operations, or to keep maintenance contracts going. By early 1990 they had flown their last Jaguar, with some not having undergone inspections since 1986. The 14 (or 16?) surviving airframes have been basically derelict ever since and have long since passed the point of being flyable without a huge investment. Several attempts have been made to sell them since, most recently in October 2011 when they were apparently put up for auction. The level of corruption endemic in the country can hardly make a purchase attempt an attractive proposition!

https://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/jaguar/history.php

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rationalhuman(m): 8:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
Agreed, Even Manufacturer(Chinese) dont use them it shows the trust on platform, These JF 17 are good against few African militaries but what if in next 3,4 years your opponents buys any modern aircraft with Composite Fiber technology and All axis FBR then will this JF-17 The pathetic copy of Mig 21 with its metallic architecture and Single Axis FBR will not become a death trap? I know India`s Tejas is not available for foreign exports as Manufacturer is under huge pressure to fulfill its main customer Indian Air Force. But when it will initiate few more assembly lines you will see the lineups for that one. Although its not realistic as even by 2025 Kenyan demand will not be a priority for India but I genuinely wish if Kenya will be able to plan for Tejas (MK2 Cherry on Top). It will be able to dominate not only east Africa but up to Yemen. Nigeria has more deep relations with India so maybe in future it will get benefit.

komekn:

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 8:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 8:39pm On Apr 24, 2020
rationalhuman:
Agreed, Even Manufacturer(Chinese) dont use them it shows the trust on platform, These JF 17 are good against few African militaries but what if in next 3,4 years your opponents buys any modern aircraft with Composite Fiber technology and All axis FBR then will this JF-17 The pathetic copy of Mig 21 with its metallic architecture and Single Axis FBR will not become a death trap? I know India`s Tejas is not available for foreign exports as Manufacturer is under huge pressure to fulfill its main customer Indian Air Force. But when it will initiate few more assembly lines you will see the lineups for that one. Although its not realistic as even by 2025 Kenyan demand will not be a priority for India but I genuinely wish if Kenya will be able to plan for Tejas (MK2 Cherry on Top). It will be able to dominate not only east Africa but up to Yemen. Nigeria has more deep relations with India so maybe in future it will get benefit.

The ignorance in this post is laughable.

The don't use the JF-17 because they have the J-10. No Air Force flies 2 types of a similar class of fighter jet.

The Chinese are also not using it because the JF-17 is a joint fighter programme between Pakistan and the CATIC group, not the Chinese government.

The JF-17 is not a MIG-21 also, the B model has 3 axis fly by wire, it also uses extensive composites.

The JF-17 is a combat capable aircraft, has flown active Air to ground, Air to Air and CAP missions.

Regularly trains against F-16s, Mirage, SU-27, J-15, F-15 and F-4 phantoms.

It has also achieved export success with Myanmar and Nigeria.

What sort of hole do some of you creep out from.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2020
kabe1:

The don't use the JF-17 because they have the J-10. No Air Force flies 2 types of a similar class of fighter jet.

The Chinese are also not using it because the JF-17 is a joint fighter programme between Pakistan and the CATIC group, not the Chinese government.

The JF-17 is not a MIG-21 also, the B model has 3 axis fly by wire, it also uses extensive composites.

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rationalhuman(m): 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
1. Having a nose section made of Composite doesn't make it composite Aircraft, Same like my Bicycle`s front mudguard is made of Alloy doesnt make it an "Alloy Bicycle".
2. You can not quote a single reference for All Axis Q.R. FBW for this range, China has only one for J20 completely incompatible (Prove me wrong by posting a credible reference)
3. Korean T-50 has done more exercise with Sukhois and F16s, that doesnt make it Sukhoi. so this was useless point.
4. Tell me Why China is asking for AESA from Israel if its JF-17 AESA is working??
5. Myanmar cant get Western Aircraft and India can not antagonize US anymore for that as it is already under pressure of US because of Submarine sale. Thus again useless point.

kabe1:

The JF-17 is a combat capable aircraft, has flown active Air to ground, Air to Air and CAP missions.

Regularly trains against F-16s, Mirage, SU-27, J-15, F-15 and F-4 phantoms.

It has also achieved export success with Myanmar and Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2020
FC1/JF17 is not in the same category as in J10

FC1/JF17 is a light weight category aircraft

J10 is a medium weight category aircraft

LWF - FA50 , FC1/JF17 1/2 , LCA MK1/MK1A , L39NG etc

MWF - F16 , J10 , Gripen NG etc

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1152) (1153) (1154) (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.