Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,325 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3018741 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 3:19pm On May 27, 2020
bidex111:
[/b]“We’ll test the effectiveness of Russian aircraft”: Turkey promises to send F-16s to Libya Turkish journalist and political scientist Mehmet Chanbekli said on his Twitter account that Turkey “will soon send 6 F-16 fighters to take control of the Libyan sky.” @RussiaSarPNR[b]

Events in Libya are taken interesting turns grin grin grin grin

This is VERY DANGEROUS.

This will have an impact on the geo politics of the entire region.

The Egos of the big superpowers will be tested and expressed. As well as thier shameful double standards and hypocrisy.

We can clearly deduce that effectively Russian troops have been on the ground in Libya.

Interesting days ahead or l should day very violent ones. The only problem, "when two elephants fight, na ground deh suffer" and thats the common every day people.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:47pm On May 27, 2020
komekn:

You are not in Libya probably never been there and you can create from your own imagination a whole series of events.

Based on what.

Quuite obviously your over active imagination that's what is called delusion.
See why you're an irritant fellow? We've seen from history especially when it comes to politik wars how... wait what am I doing. You're not worth the stress. Have a nice day

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:50pm On May 27, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Oga there is no blur lines here. That is why I used myself as a case study of something I have seen here in NE and someone in Lagos called me a Liar and got over 10 likes for his post.

We all want the best cool
Alaye calm down. We've seen blatantly stupid posts from Trolls like Azubuike get similar likes too. What Kabe says is largely correct. It's a discussion thread, some take the occasion to wail, moan and screech and that's what I for one attack.

And the person wey call you liar, you no later prove to am say na reals you yarn?

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:53pm On May 27, 2020
bidex111:
[/b]“We’ll test the effectiveness of Russian aircraft”: Turkey promises to send F-16s to Libya Turkish journalist and political scientist Mehmet Chanbekli said on his Twitter account that Turkey “will soon send 6 F-16 fighters to take control of the Libyan sky.” @RussiaSarPNR[b]

I don't really talk about this Libyan issue probably out of disgust on how it all started but then Turkey con be like the proverbial "Aja ti ko mo oju olowo e" grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 4:06pm On May 27, 2020
komekn:

[/b]Many will argue against you again from sentiment based prejudice and unfortunately lack of knowledge. [b]

The two most recent major conflicts in the world have been almost been entirely prosecuted with UAV.

I make reference to Idlib in Syria and the bloody nose given to the Despotic Haftar. Who is supported by multiple powers.

What's most remarkable is the very sophisticated anti aircraft system deployed by Russia to support its troops. Those systems were not able to mitigate against the Turkish UAV"s. They LNA have destroyed and captured the Pantsir S1.

Quite some time ago l said the future is UAV well once again l reiterate it's no longer the future it is the HERE and NOW.
The knowledgable one is speaking undecided

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 4:12pm On May 27, 2020
moderNIZE

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Juchii(m): 4:13pm On May 27, 2020
bidex111:

grin grin grin grin grin grin I love the game. I think Africa countries should get involve.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:07pm On May 27, 2020
Odunayaw:
I don't really talk about this Libyan issue probably out of disgust on how it all started but then Turkey con be like the proverbial [/b]"Aja ti ko mo oju olowo e"[b] grin

grin shocked grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:08pm On May 27, 2020
UltimateDreamer:
moderNIZE

Nice photoshop grin

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 5:19pm On May 27, 2020
UltimateDreamer:
moderNIZE
Why are you doing this?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 5:24pm On May 27, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Cd0uEIzsg

NAF helicopter attacking bandits

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:16pm On May 27, 2020
#NA
#COIN

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 6:22pm On May 27, 2020
bidex111:
#NA
#COIN
Second pics is IPV mk2 from DICON..

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 6:22pm On May 27, 2020
The Air Component of Operation HADARIN DAJI has destroyed an armed bandits’ logistics store and neutralized no fewer than 30 bandits in air strikes conducted yesterday, 26 May 2020, in the Doumborou Forest area of Zamfara State. The operation was executed based on credible Human Intelligence (HUMINT) reports indicating that a thatched structure within the Forest was being used by the bandits to store their logistics items. Fortuitously, an Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft on patrol spotted some of the armed bandits on motorcycles who were tracked to the storehouse where they lodged some items.
The Air Component therefore dispatched an attack helicopter to engage the location, scoring accurate hits resulting in the destruction of the store, which was seen engulfed in flames. The attack helicopter subsequently trailed the armed bandits who fled the location and mopped them up in follow-on attacks, neutralizing no fewer than 30 of them as later confirmed by HUMINT sources.
The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), commends the Air Component of Operation HADARIN DAJI for their professionalism and directs them to remain resolute in the conduct of air strikes whilst continuing to provide close air support for ongoing ground operations in order to eradicate all armed bandits; thus achieving the directives of the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) of restoring normalcy in the North West and North Central Zones of the Country.
Furthermore, the Armed Forces of Nigeria sincerely appreciates the continued support and cooperation of all well-meaning Nigerians, as we keep up the tempo of our operations to defeat all enemies of our Great Nation.
JOHN ENENCHE

Major General

Coordinator

Defence Media Operations

Defence Headquarters

27 May 2020

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:50pm On May 27, 2020
COVID-19: NAF UNVEILS LOCALLY-PRODUCED EMERGENCY VENTILATORS, APPEALS FOR PRIVATE SECTOR INVESTMENT FOR MASS PRODUCTION

In furtherance of the drive to provide indigenous solutions to tackle the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has unveiled 2 emergency ventilators produced by a Team of Researchers from the Air Force Research and Development Centre (AFRDC) and Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) Kaduna, in partnership with the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria. The emergency ventilators, tagged ‘NAF E-Vents’, were unveiled today, 27 May 2020, by the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, in Kaduna.

Before today’s unveiling ceremony, the prototype E-Vents had been subjected to successful animal testing using both canine and porcine test subjects The objective of the animal testing was to demonstrate the capacity of the Ventilators to support recovery of patients with respiratory diseases, including Acute Lung Injury and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. The tests were also necessary to validate the effectiveness of the ‘Assist Ventilation Mode’, where the ventilator detects a breath from a patient being treated and synchronizes the equipment with the patient's breathing. The NAF E-Vents, which are intended for use when conventional invasive respiratory support resources have been exhausted, were found to deliver very satisfactory performance in air volume control and assist control modes and are now ready for human testing and further certification by relevant agencies.

Speaking during the unveiling ceremony, the CAS, who was represented by the NAF Chief of Standards and Evaluation (COSE), Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Remigius Ekeh, stated that the devastating effects of the COVID-19 require that ingenious and proactive steps be taken in order to protect lives and avert any form of national tragedy. He noted that the NAF had continued to vigorously pursue a robust and result-oriented Research and Development (R&grin) policy with emphasis on the provision of indigenous technological solutions. In this regard, he said, the NAF had engaged in strategic partnerships with some Ministries, Departments and Agencies so as to reduce dependence on other nations. “Our modest efforts have yielded results and positively impacted our operations”, the CAS added.

The CAS stated that in the quest to contribute towards self-reliance in the battle against COVID-19, a team, comprising NAF personnel and researchers from partner institutions, was convened to research into the production of the emergency ventilators. He noted that the team commenced work in early April 2020 and within 3 weeks had developed 2 prototypes. According to him, “having seen the progress made, it became necessary for the prototypes to undergo animal testing to ascertain their capacity for use on patients with respiratory illness. Accordingly, the NAF partnered with the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, ABU to test the effectiveness of the Ventilators using a dog and a pig as test subjects. I am glad to note that the tests were successfully completed and the equipment is now ready for human testing and certification by relevant agencies”. He however emphasized that private sector investment would be required for mass production of the ventilators.

The CAS also noted that the unveiling ceremony was a further demonstration of his resolve to ensure that NAF continues to make significant contribution to the development of the Country and thus become an Air Force that is the pride of every Nigerian. He assured that the Service would continue to invest in R&grin to promote, enhance and optimize indigenous innovations and technologies for national development. The CAS congratulated the NAF Standards and Evaluation Branch as well as the R&grin Team for the successful production of the functional ventilators. He also thanked the management and staff of ABU, Zaria for the support offered towards the completion of the project, noting that the partnership would continue to wax stronger to enhance the development of the Country.

Earlier in his welcome address, the NAF Director of R&grin, AVM Paul Jemitola, stated that the NAF had made giant strides in the area of R&grin under the visionary leadership of the CAS to the extent that R&grin had become the norm in the Service. “By investing in high quality training of personnel, innovative approaches to issues and encouraging out-of-the-box thinking, a lot of solutions to operational challenges in the NAF have been locally developed through R&grin thereby saving huge resources,” he said. According to him, the culture of creativity engendered by the CAS is in line with his Vision of self-reliance and self-sustenance in defence and other aspects of national life, especially at a time like this when all hands are on deck to confront the COVID-19 Pandemic.

The highlight of the event was a presentation/demonstration of the NAF E-Vents by the Leader of the NAF R&grin Team, Group Captain Osichinaka Ubadike, where he gave details of the development process as well as additional highlights of the animal testing conducted at ABU Zaria.

Present at the unveiling ceremony were the representative of the Vice Chancellor ABU, the Dean of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of the University, Professor Jacob Kwaga; the Commandant AFIT, AVM Abdulganiyu Olabisi, as well as Commanders of co-located NAF Units in Kaduna and other senior officials from ABU Zaria.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
27 May 2020

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:21pm On May 27, 2020
bidex111:
#NA #COIN
Is that a door knob I see in pic 2!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:27pm On May 27, 2020
Toju200:

The operation was executed based on credible Human Intelligence (HUMINT) reports indicating that a thatched structure within the Forest was being used by the bandits to store their logistics items. Fortuitously, an Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft on patrol spotted some of the armed bandits on motorcycles who were tracked to the storehouse where they lodged some items.
The Air Component therefore dispatched an attack helicopter to engage the location, scoring accurate hits resulting in the destruction of the store, which was seen engulfed in flames.
Cc: Eta22seconds

Do you see an example of what I spoke about earlier? Humint before ISR, which is in turn before action.

For that other one that specializes in diatribe. Learn too

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:42pm On May 27, 2020
Odunayaw:
Is that a door knob I see in pic 2!

cheesy cheesy grin
Yeah
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:04pm On May 27, 2020
bidex111:

cheesy cheesy grin Yeah
They should change that thing mehn
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:08pm On May 27, 2020
Odunayaw:
They should change that thing mehn
Abi...
Dem supposed Don change am by now grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Eta22seconds(m): 8:22pm On May 27, 2020
Odunayaw:
Cc: Eta22seconds

Do you see an example of what I spoke about earlier? Humint before ISR, which is in turn before action.

For that other one that specializes in diatribe. Learn too
I agree with you 100% but Nigeria Intelligence community doesn’t give me much joy.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:33pm On May 27, 2020
Eta22seconds:

I agree with you 100% but Nigeria Intelligence community doesn’t give me much joy.
Well they disappoint often but those guys do their job. Its just that the political class will never let them focus on their jobs.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 8:39pm On May 27, 2020
The Republic of #Algérie offer to #Mali 53 various vehicles, the first batch of which has just been delivered this Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at President Modibo Keita International Airport in #Bamako_Sénou by their Ambassador, HE Mr. Boualem Chebihi.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 8:49pm On May 27, 2020
Eta22seconds:

lol..it would be hard for you to know if they're doing well na..it's what they tell u dat u'll know not the ones they don't..so it will be hard to know if u are not close or working with them

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 8:53pm On May 27, 2020
Maj Gen VO Ezugwu: then Acting G.O.C. Doc 7. literally he opened the gate of hell on terrorists after hearing the death of Lt Col Abu Ali. Was physically present coordinating the onslaught against BHT.
The 2 star general was with is personnel riffle.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ablemax(m): 9:15pm On May 27, 2020
bidex111:
Maj Gen VO Ezugwu: then Acting G.O.C. Doc 7. literally he opened the gate of hell on terrorists after hearing the death of Lt Col Abu Ali. Was physically present coordinating the onslaught against BHT.
The 2 star general was with is personnel riffle

I .
I love this man

But on burutai case is to be sharing Salah and Christmas food upandan
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:32pm On May 27, 2020
Ablemax:

I love this man

But on burutai case is to be sharing Salah and Christmas food upandan

You started your comment well but you didn’t finish his somehow faulty!
I can show you images of Gen Ezugwu sharing food also if that’s your yardstick for judging.

The COAS is on the N.E theatre now, almost going to a month. Don’t forget the COAS gave him a level ground, been a good and trustworthy General.
Have you ever imagine why the NA MRAP was named after him ? Maj Gen Ezugwu is fine soldier and officer but his not the only fine general we have in the whole army.
If the COAS was a bad one he wouldn’t have the level of opportunity he has now, it’s a chain of command thing ?

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 10:20pm On May 27, 2020
You cannot satisfy the world.
LT. GEN ensured then BRIG Ezugwu got the high profile job as ACTING GOC
GOT promoted to Maj.Gen
Got promoted to a Chief of the Directorate
Named an MRAP after him
buttt........ its not enough naw
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:10am On May 28, 2020
OPERATIONAL VISIT: CAS INSPECTS FACILITIES IN NAF UNITS IN KADUNA, ASSURES OF SUSTAINED AIR SUPPORT FOR ONGOING ANTI-BANDITRY OPERATIONS

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has assured that the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) will sustain the aerial onslaught against armed bandits whilst continuing to provide adequate support to sister Services and other security agencies to ensure the success of ongoing anti-banditry operations aimed at restoring peace to troubled parts of the North West (NW) and North Central (NC) States of the Country. The CAS made this disclosure today, 27 May 2020, while on an operational visit to NAF Base Kaduna, where he received operational briefings from the Air Officer Commanding Air Training Command (AOC ATC), Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Musa Mukhtar, as well as Air Component Commanders of various Joint Operations in the NW and NC Theatres.

The CAS has earlier inspected the Super Mushshak and Diamond DA-40 trainer aircraft fleets as well as support facilities at the 401 Flying Training School (401 FTS) and 431 Engineering Group. He also held meetings with Instructor Pilots at 401 FTS with a view to evolving strategies to improve student pilots’ training in the School.

Speaking to the Press after the inspection and briefing, the CAS disclosed that he was in Kaduna to assess the progress of ongoing anti-banditry operations in the affected States with a view to ascertaining areas of challenge in order to quickly address them to forestall gaps in the planning and execution of both air interdiction and close air support missions. He expressed satisfaction with the briefing he had received, highlighting that successes had been recorded in air strikes against armed bandits' camps whilst appreciable level of support had been provided to ground operations. He said these would be further boosted. “Our aim is to ensure that these bandits find no breathing space anywhere, whether in Katsina, Zamfara, Kaduna, Niger or indeed any other State in the area. We shall ensure that we deal decisively with them so that the inhabitants are able to return to their farms and engage in their farming activities as well as pursue other legitimate aspirations without fear”, he added.

Also present for the briefing was the General Officer Commanding 1 Division Nigerian Army Kaduna as well as Branch Chiefs and Directors from Headquarters NAF. Similar operational visits are planned for the coming days to assess the NAF’s support for joint operations in Sokoto and Zamfara States under Operation HADARIN DAJI, Lagos and the South West Zone under Operation AWATSE, States in the South South under Operation DELTA SAFE as well as Benue and other States under the coverage of Operation WHIRL STROKE.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
27 May 2020

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:11am On May 28, 2020
More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:00am On May 28, 2020
ZRPK "Pantsir" delivered to Libya from the UAE, pulled the allied formations of the LNA towards the air base (Khalif Haftar) Abu Jafur.
Accompany the tractor with air defense (judging by the silhouette) fighters of the foreign PMC "Wagner" from Russia !

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:45am On May 28, 2020
The fight still continues ..... https://twitter.com/chiefojukwu/status/1265889097681264645?s=21

Happy to see more NA MRAP EZUGWU and the IPV.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.