Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3033682 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1258) (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 10:31am On Jun 30, 2020
youghs:
Please does anyone knows if it's true that the army is about to adopt quadcopters for frontline units?

If it's true, it would really go a long way in improving fighting ability of the units
the army do operate Small and medium Drones what we need now is more of them cos they aren't enough

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:35am On Jun 30, 2020
youghs:

I haven't been there before but from the video it shows the area is not that open.

Would you be able to see 1km line of sight without obstruction from the gates?

You can see over 5 Kilometres from the gate bro.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 10:45am On Jun 30, 2020
Toju200:
the army do operate Small and medium Drones what we need now is more of them cos they aren't enough

They are trying to make it standard ba
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 11:17am On Jun 30, 2020
ugo4u:

possibly they weren't serviceable when Bokoharam attacked, most of our motorised equipments especially tanks are in bad working condition. That's the only logical reason why they were abandoned only for boko haram to on matches on them.

That's what l thought initially but we have it from a very very reliable source that the equipment was operational. Ref. SamuelAnyawu

Now we have had multiple reports of combatants abandoning equipment in the face Boko and running away. This is not news.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 11:20am On Jun 30, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

You can see over 5 Kilometres from the gate bro.

5km bro, does that kind of terrain even exist anywhere in the world.

If the soldiers just ran away like that,, The army would have taken disciplinary actions against them. Buh I don't think such a thing is going on

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:31am On Jun 30, 2020
youghs:

If the soldiers just ran away like that,, The army would have taken disciplinary actions against them. Buh I don't think such a thing is going on

Have you been to the northern states before ?
Now the north east has terrains that you can see beyond 5k. If you keep looking you might just get blind because of the sun rays. Also Borno state has a very flat terrain especially the Baga/lake chad region.
I love Yobe with his flat/undulating red sand, it’s a sight to behold.
Pictures are Tulo Tulo Desert in yobe state.

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 11:32am On Jun 30, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

I said it earlier....lack of confidence in their ability and equipment....then lack of situational awareness

No matter the level of training and equipment bravery and courage is the salt needed to complete the soup.

On the other hand doubt, fear and cowardice will turn all training and equipment to become USELESS.

This is the very sad truth.

When General Adeniyi was held down with three Battalions by Boko. A video was released, he said something that gives a very indepth insight into the prevalent mood of the average NA combatant, l want to quote him verbatim.

"We have not run,the soldiers are not misbehaving or disobeying orders"
the term nobody is running was used about 3/4 times in that very short clip.

That tells us that soldiers running is a common phenomenon not an exception.

The next question l have which l believe those who are more familiar with NA can answer, which is WHY.

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:38am On Jun 30, 2020
youghs:
Please does anyone knows if it's true that the army is about to adopt quadcopters for frontline units?

If it's true, it would really go a long way in improving fighting ability of the units

The army has always been using quadcopters. Are they planning to standardize it; Yes but it’s going to take time.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:42am On Jun 30, 2020
youghs:

Northeast ( especially Lake Chad Basin) na Desert oh grin grin. Except during Raining season when grasses kinda grow here. I will try an upload pictures i usually take from above the sky later. If the Northeast Terrain is like SS/SE hmmmm this war mighty have gotten to Abuja area with the kinda approach by Top Government.

Tho they kinda have some trees with big branches in some areas that shield someone from aerial view like Baga town.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 11:45am On Jun 30, 2020
bidexiii:

Now the north east has terrains that you can see beyond 5k. If you keep looking you might just get blind because of the sun rays. Also Borno state has a very flat terrain especially the Baga/lake chad region.

Absolutely amazing very picturesque.

I have been describing the terrain as Sahel savanna from the views l have had.

That's more like Sahara than Sahel savanna.

It makes the questions raised more of a conundrum. A Vickers MBT tank has near 3 meters elevation. That will give it in that terrain clear vision in excess of 5km.

Blast radius of a 105mm is about 35 metres ➕.

So many things seem very wrong

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 12:11pm On Jun 30, 2020
komekn:

Absolutely amazing very picturesque.

I have been describing the terrain as Sahel savanna from the views l have had.

That's more like Sahara than Sahel savanna.

It makes the questions raised more of a conundrum. A Vickers MBT tank has near 3 meters elevation. That will give it in that terrain clear vision in excess of 5km.

Blast radius of a 105mm is about 35 metres ➕.

So many things seem very wrong

Everything seems wrong bro, we do not have a government whose interest of it's citizenry is at heart. The security agencies have all failed woefully.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2020

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2020
komekn:

No matter the level of training and equipment bravery and courage is the salt needed to complete the soup.

On the other hand doubt, fear and cowardice will turn all training and equipment to become USELESS.

When General Adeniyi was held down with three Battalions by Boko. A video was released, he said something that gives a very indepth insight into the prevalent mood of the average NA combatant, l want to quote him verbatim.

The next question l have which l believe those who are more familiar with NA can answer, which is WHY.

You got the Gen adeniyi part wrong, there was a claim that they fled and the general was just trying to say there was no such thing..

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 12:25pm On Jun 30, 2020
bidexiii:

Nice view

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 12:31pm On Jun 30, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Northeast ( especially Lake Chad Basin) na Desert oh grin grin. Except during Raining season when grasses kinda grow here. I will try an upload pictures i usually take from above the sky later. If the Northeast Terrain is like SS/SE hmmmm this war mighty have gotten to Abuja area with the kinda approach by Top Government.

Tho they kinda have some trees with big branches in some areas that shield someone from aerial view like Baga town.

Torh..
What do u think happened?..Cos retreating if this was the scenerio doesn't make sense at all
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 12:48pm On Jun 30, 2020
komekn:

[/b]That's what l thought initially but we have it from a very very reliable source that the equipment was operational. Ref. SamuelAnyawu [b]

Now we have had multiple reports of combatants abandoning equipment in the face Boko and running away. This is not news.
Maybe it was operational when he checked but later on it wasn't, how will he always know the state of the tank when he ain't the commander
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 12:51pm On Jun 30, 2020
komekn:

In any fight generally what do u expect a commander to say, if it ain't about equipment list, it always has to be about the men standing their ground and applying the right tactics,I don't agree with ur analyses
PS. If u observe the General was a little emphatically in his repirt, I guess so the brass could listen well
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 1:17pm On Jun 30, 2020
GeneralFarouq:

In any fight generally what do u expect a commander to say, if it ain't about equipment list, it always has to be about the men standing their ground and applying the right tactics,I don't agree with ur analyses
PS. If u observe the General was a little emphatically in his repirt, I guess so the brass could listen well

Social media is possibly playing a large role in demoralising the fighting spirit of the men. They’re continually told by many so-called "Nigerians" on Social Media that, ‘Nigeria is not worth fighting for' or ‘only a fool will fight for this country’ and ‘your leaders are placing you deliberately in danger for their own political ends’ etc. It is worth the military considering the impact of social media on the psychology of soldiers. Imagine feeding individuals that, due to facing and seeing death regularly, continually question their own commitment, with facilitating notions such as running is a smart decision and the entire nation will support you.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 1:31pm On Jun 30, 2020
It's quite simple, this people are not cowards many of them have spent years in the north east fighting bokoharam without being rotated out. Some are just tired of fighting they are fatigued emotionally. I don't know though, just my own thoughts.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 3:00pm On Jun 30, 2020
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/04/04/world/middleeast/isis-documents-mosul-iraq.html
This link explained how ISIS was able to hold onto the territories it captured for years. They've mastered bureaucracy and governance.
They simply told civil servants to return to their work, called supervisors directly and threatened them to make sure they complied and then they continued with governance with little changes.
They made more money from this and through taxes by far than through sales of oil.
In fact people interviewed regarding service provision under ISIS rule stated that it was the best they ever had because officials responsible for those services are more likely to be jailed if they didn't do their jobs.
Only the laws they imposed and how they treated other religious groups made people detest them.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 3:42pm On Jun 30, 2020
Please guys,,, is Maj. Gen. Bulama Biu still the GOC of 7th Division, Nigerian Army
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 3:50pm On Jun 30, 2020
X
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2020
Tobiloba2407:
I read a case study about an evolution in jaji, for lt.to lt.cdr and equivalent course across the armed forces.....the scenario was equatorial Guinea, been used to undermine the federal republic of Nigeria, with France been the puppet master.... this was probably a late 80s course work, and core to the solutions I read was mig 21, with camera going for recon and other variables , and trust me, you will see brains at work and contingency plans and so on......years later, i keep wondering if the way we keep having ambush and other issues in the north east and there seems not to be a counter, are we deteriorating as a fighting force or getting better. The other time it was a Ghanaian lt.col talking about about altimeter Bombs used during Liberia war, used by Nigerian jet.. that I doubt are used now.....I'm a fighting man, and paid my dues....but are we improving or depreciating I'm asking this because I'm a navy guy, and don't know what the land and air forces have in their arsenal.
Pls can u give me link to the paper you read on the case study
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 3:58pm On Jun 30, 2020
ugo4u:
The Chief of Air Staff for me is the best service chief this country has ever had and am not only talking about the Airforce, army and navy is included. The man legit invested so much in R & D, human capacity development, welfare etc his reign had s being nothing short of impressive considering the tight budget they work with. Even army personnel envy the Airforce guys alot grin and it's quite understandable. It will be nice to see him occupy the CDS position if PMB changes his service Chiefs.
The best service chief ever is gen.alani akirinade(cds) and gen.salihu ibrahim(coas)
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 4:05pm On Jun 30, 2020
Stormtrooper11:

Pls can u give me link to the paper you read on the case study

No link, because I read the actual paper.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2020
NA and NAF Soldiers that didn’t run nor abandon their equipment having dealt Terrorists operating in the middle belt a deadly blow.
The Brave Soldiers who were not tired of fighting
fought bravely and Captured 2Sudanese who status is yet to be determined.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2020
FieldMarshall06:
Please guys,,, is Maj. Gen. Bulama Biu still the GOC of 7th Division, Nigerian Army

Yeah he his still the GOC 7th Division NA.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:18pm On Jun 30, 2020
Local maintenance operations of the Egyptian Air Defense Forces (bwk) system

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:20pm On Jun 30, 2020
#PressRelease

OPERATION GAMA AIKI: AIR STRIKES DISRUPT ARMED BANDITS’ CATTLE RUSTLING OPERATION, LEAD TO ARREST OF 2 FOREIGNERS AT MARIGA LGA IN NIGER STATE

1. Strikes executed by the Air Component of Operation GAMA AIKI at Kasuwan Ango Community in Mariga Local Government Area (LGA) of Niger State have resulted in the disruption of the activities of a group of armed bandits operating in the area. The successful air operations were conducted on the night of 28 and early hours of 29 June 2020 sequel to credible intelligence reports indicating that some armed bandits in black attire were seen on the move with a large number of rustled cattle in the area.

2. Accordingly, the Air Component dispatched a helicopter gunship to engage the bandits in multiple waves of attack leading to the neutralization of some of the bandits, while a few escaped with gunshot wounds. Two of the escaping bandits, who happened to be foreigners, were later apprehended.

3. While commending the Operation GAMA AIKI Air Component for their dedication and professionalism, the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, wishes to thank all Nigerians for their support and encourages the general public to continue providing useful information that would facilitate the restoration of peace and security to all affected parts of the Country.

JOHN ENENCHE
Major General
Coordinator Defence Media Operations
Defence Headquarters
30 June 2020

[/b]Another proof that foreign terrorist are still in some far northern states and foreigners are still involved cattle rustling and killing of innocent citizen in central & western northern states.[b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:20pm On Jun 30, 2020
More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 4:25pm On Jun 30, 2020
bidexiii:

Yeah he his still the GOC 7th Division NA.

Na wao.

The same man who didn't care when his officer Col. Elemele was ambushed and killed. He openly celebrated it.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2020
X

(1) (2) (3) ... (1258) (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.