Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3039933 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1297) (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:56am On Jul 21, 2020
GeneralFarouq:
Some quarters still believe the Airfirce is covering up the story,
It sad how some do think.
Well we can't really be surprised, since some here too would belrive it a cover up.

When Leaders speak 95% lies, the citizenry will not believe them when they speak the truth cool

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:01am On Jul 21, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

When Leaders speak 95% lies, the citizenry will not believe them when they speak the truth cool
Has NAF ever told a lie undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 9:22am On Jul 21, 2020
Toju200:
Has NAF ever told a lie undecided

Are u serious?

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 9:25am On Jul 21, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

Guy,,,, everyone is tired of you. No one has time for you. You own clinical case is "perfectionist argumentative obsession" syndrome. Abeg, use iced block to cool your head or take a break from the thread like some of us are currently doing.

You are taking a break because the jaundiced reports of over riding success have been exposed and you have NOTHING TO SAY.

What is being reported on the ground and what you are saying do not converge.

That's why you must HIDE at least you get small shame.

We should be looking at solutions constructively not trying to shore up ineptitude and incompetence with rhetorical hype and misinformation.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:27am On Jul 21, 2020
Fynline:

Are u serious?
grin grin grin grin was I supposed to answer that grin...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:28am On Jul 21, 2020
komekn:

You are taking a break because the jaundiced reports of over riding success have been exposed and you have NOTHING TO SAY.

What is being reported on the ground and what you are saying do not converge.

That's why you must HIDE at least you get small shame.

We should be looking at solutions constructively not trying to shore up ineptitude and incompetence with rhetorical hype and misinformation.
I even shock for the guy quote sef grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 9:34am On Jul 21, 2020
Toju200:
then why not appreciate the efforts NA troops are putting in ensuring peace is brought.or does it look like they are playing
Can you imagine the Size of air power in Kastina,Zamfara,Sokoto and Minna I mean they even had to build a Helipad In Bushy area just to Ensure quick response....

Your Excuse doesn't justify you point of Saying Niger always respond to their villagers call......

An act of INTELLIGENCE is to look at the detail an act of INTEGRITY is not to change the given details and an act of HONOUR is to say the TRUTH no matter how bitter.

Consider the bold that you have written and what l wrote.

And ask ask yourself if you have read my contribution with intelligence, integrity, honour and stated the truth.

I rest my case, judge yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 9:35am On Jul 21, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Agreed without reservation or question ❓

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:42am On Jul 21, 2020
komekn:

An act of INTELLIGENCE is to look at the detail an act of INTEGRITY is not to change the given details and an act of HONOUR is to say the TRUTH no matter how bitter.

Consider the bold that you have written and what l wrote.

And ask ask yourself if you have read my contribution with intelligence, integrity, honour and stated the truth.

I rest my case, judge yourself.
You still haven't justified what you say The TVC reporter said..
It's almost as if U are comparing Niger and Nigeria Army and saying NA doesn't respond to attacks.
And Odunayaw Asked you are u trying to say NA doesn't respond to Attacks or what.
Answer the Question.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:57am On Jul 21, 2020
#NA
#E.O.D personnel

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 10:01am On Jul 21, 2020
Toju200:
It's almost as if U are comparing Niger and Nigeria Army and saying NA doesn't respond to attacks.
And Odunayaw Asked you are u trying to say NA doesn't respond to Attacks or what.
Answer the Question.

The funny thing is that even Nigerian military respond to attack in neighbouring areas in Niger.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:24am On Jul 21, 2020
Toju200:
Answer the Question.
I'm still awaiting his reply, but judging by his history, He's always a no-show.

Simple question causes him and those giving him likes so much intestinal disorder.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:26am On Jul 21, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

That citizenry is in danger of falling into foolishness if they themselves don't bother to find the truth cool

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:40am On Jul 21, 2020
Odunayaw:
That citizenry is in danger of falling into foolishness if they themselves don't bother to find the truth cool

Exactly bro. Truthful scenarios like Damboa ambush when we lost over 20 men, but the Army Media said two, just for soldiers to get angry and release bodies?

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:46am On Jul 21, 2020
Toju200:
Answer the Question.

If sky is blue and you perceive it to be grey , that's the person fault if he is colour blind.

What some have perceived and what l have written are dramatically different. There is no question to answer and or to be created.

I gave no opinion, l just said what Babajide a well established journalist with multiple awards with TVC news reported.

Many l am sure must know who he is and can easily verify the report.

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:16am On Jul 21, 2020
komekn:

If sky is blue and you perceive it to be grey , that's the person fault if he is colour blind.

What some have perceived and what l have written are dramatically different. There is no question to answer and or to be created.

I gave no opinion, l just said what Babajide a well established journalist with multiple awards with TVC news reported.

undecided You just woke up and said the TVC journalist said Niger always respond to attacks( from anyone's prespective it's almost as if You are saying Nigeria doesn't and I asked if that's what you are saying) If Niger responds to Attacks good for them.We asked u a simple question which u haven't answered.
You said You wanted Nigeria to be free from This and that as if it's going to happen with the snap of the fingers,as if Soilders aren't humans too or they are playing abi.i blame our mistakes for this shit we're in.
Guy Las las e go better..

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:16am On Jul 21, 2020
Egypt- pro-government/anti-ISIS Bedouin militia ("Union of Sinai Tribes") posing on army Nimr Ajban-440A with a turret+M2 .50 cal, a cloth cammo rifle and AH-64 Apache overhead in North of Sinai.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Exactly bro. Truthful scenarios like Damboa ambush when we lost over 20 men, but the Army Media said two, just for soldiers to get angry and release bodies?
If the soldiers didn't release pictures we wouldn't have known who is lying, thanks for buttressing my point. As I said, its only a lazy mind that discards all another person says just because of lies in the past. If this was how we all lived, even our parents shouldn't be heard grin

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 12:24pm On Jul 21, 2020
On its part, the military hopes that, from "super camps," it will be able to conduct mobile raids on ISWA camps and fighters. In the past, however, ISWA has been able to ambush such patrols, obstructing military movements.

With ISWA "free to roam," there would likely be less combat between ISWA and the military, and therefore, fewer deaths of soldiers, ISWA members, and civilians. But from a political perspective, Nigeria appears to have unofficially ceded control over parts of Borno to ISWA, at least temporarily.
https://allafrica.com/stories/201909140059.html

Isn't this what has been happening? Ambush on troops moving out of the super camps. One day, these terrorists might get bold to launch a large scale attack on one of these super camps, especially Mongunno which is the closest to the lake Chad area and detached from the others, it only gets support from the Airforce. What will happen if God forbid the terrorists overrun the super camp?.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:25pm On Jul 21, 2020
komekn:

Who asked about veracity of the report. You dropped something looking like a phrase and a simple question on what you're trying to pass across and just look how you're beating about the bush.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2020
Whyem15:
On its part, the military hopes that, from "super camps," it will be able to conduct mobile raids on ISWA camps and fighters. In the past, however, ISWA has been able to ambush such patrols, obstructing military movements.

With ISWA "free to roam," there would likely be less combat between ISWA and the military, and therefore, fewer deaths of soldiers, ISWA members, and civilians. But from a political perspective, Nigeria appears to have unofficially ceded control over parts of Borno to ISWA, at least temporarily.
https://allafrica.com/stories/201909140059.html

Isn't this what has been happening? Ambush on troops moving out of the super camps. One day, these terrorists might get bold to launch a large scale attack on one of these super camps, especially Mongunno which is the closest to the lake Chad area and detached from the others, it only gets support from the Airforce. What will happen if God forbid the terrorists overrun the super camp?.
As I said when the Super camp doctrine was still fresh. If our mobility isn't protected and effective, the Super camp doctrine will very soon become sour in our mouths. Behold what we see these days!

I still don't understand how the Special Forces we have are being employed.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 12:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
Toju200:
undecided You just woke up and said the TVC journalist said Niger always respond to attacks ( from anyone's prespective it's almost as if You are saying Nigeria doesn't and I asked if that's what you are saying) If Niger responds to Attacks good for them.We asked u a simple question which u haven't answered.
You said You wanted Nigeria to be free from This and that as if it's going to happen with the snap of the fingers,as if Soilders aren't humans too or they are playing abi.i blame our mistakes for this shit we're in.
Guy Las las e go better..

I really do not wish to speak in a way that is condescending.

But it seems you are struggling to understand and comprehend very basic diction. But to make matters worse you are COMPLETELY MISREPRESENTING WHAT I HAVE SAID BUT YOU HAVE GONE FURTHER CREATING YOUR OWN SELF DERIVED FALSE NARRATIVE AND THEN ATTRIBUTED IT TO ME.

Please have some honour and integrity

Consider the bold, did l say that

You created a complete Falsehood and are asking for my response to what l did not say.

It's Ludicrous.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:34pm On Jul 21, 2020
komekn:

But it seems you are struggling to understand and comprehend very basic diction. But to make matters worse you are COMPLETELY MISREPRESENTING WHAT I HAVE SAID BUT YOU HAVE GONE FURTHER CREATING YOUR OWN SELF DERIVED FALSE NARRATIVE AND THEN ATTRIBUTED IT TO ME.

You created a complete Falsehood and atwe asking for my response to what l did not say.

It's Ludicrous.

grin komekn:
I am watching TVC news and he is talking about a situation where soldiers from Niger Republic are responding to distress calls from villagers and protecting them.

What u said
And I asked a question.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 12:48pm On Jul 21, 2020
komekn:

You created a complete Falsehood and are asking for my response to what l did not say.

It's Ludicrous.

Yes,,,, the thing 'struggles to understand and comprehend very basic diction cheesy. And lacks honour and integrity... please ignore the pet grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2020

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 1:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
Toju200:
grin komekn:
I am watching TVC news and he is talking about a situation where soldiers from Niger Republic are responding to distress calls from villagers and protecting them.

What u said
And I asked a question.

Below verbatim what you said.

You just woke up and said the TVC journalist said Niger always respond to attacks

You go school are the same thing to you

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2020
komekn:

Below verbatim what you said.

You just woke up and said the TVC journalist said Niger always respond to attacks

You go school are the same thing to you

you took it the other way round.guy we didn't understand each.

You are a very strong debator. grin
You're one of the persons keeping the thread active
Nice talk tho

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 2:14pm On Jul 21, 2020
The senate has asked service chiefs to resign over rising insecurity. Buratai Don koba the rest.
Lets wait and see whether they will respect the senate.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 2:49pm On Jul 21, 2020
ugo4u:
[b]If I am the COAS my next objective will be looking for ways to generate income for the army. Yes the army isn't supposed to be a revenue generating body, [/b]but in times like this when the political class are not doing enough, it's left for the army to look for ingenious ways to raise money not necessarily to buy weapons of war(as this is going to be almost difficult putting into cognizance the prohibitive cost of weaponry) such venture should be embarked upon and proceeds used to setup a dedicated account to cater for the welfare of soldiers which is to include but not limited to rehabilitation of barracks/provision of amenities, scholarships for wards/children of personnels especially the NCOs, well equipped army hospitals that have the capacity to carry-out complex operations, give support (Prosthetics)to injured soldiers e.g amputees, cancer treatment, etc and even life insurance.
There are many ways the army can raise money, they can go into bigtime production of everyday items like Bottled water, Bread, snacks, full scale mechanised farming/agriculture etc, as a professional institution with different departments like engineering, Finance they should bid for contracts for road construction, mining, building bridges, Real estates, and even buying shares in companies. This may seem to be going off mark to the main objective of the military but we can't keep relying on pitiable budgets to cater for the needs of the army.
The NAF have may businesses(side hussles) from which they earn good money it's part of the reason they have one of the best welfare for their officers/men, e.g They have Plazas they rent to outsiders, their hospital also cater for civilians for a fee, infact one of the best hospitals in Kaduna and inextension the north is the aeromedical centre run by NAF. They have an independent engineering company, they have revenue generating institutions, I won't be surprised if they even have oil bloc with the way this CAS is commissioning confirm projects, sending young officers enmass for training both home/abroad and the many pecks of office they get aside their basic pay, and they have not even suffered quarter of what the army have gone through in this Insurgency and you people are still wandering why army personnel think Airforce guys are just flexing.
If some of these can be implemented, atleast many barrack children wives of soldiers and officers will be gainfully employed.
I wish the army authorities will look into this I know there have been attempts in the past to boost IGR I believe we can take it a notch higher. Desperate times requires desperate measures.

Modified
They can also collaborate will nollywood to produce high budget action movies telling the stories of the war, heroics of the soldeirs etc against the insurgents. This can be another money spinner.

Sorry,but terrible idea! The last thing you want is the sole body constitutionally mandated to inflict violence in defense of the nation going into private biz. Oversight mechanisms,as in all developing nations. are already scant in the best of times;trust me this is the last thing you want
Look at the Pak army:
Pakistani Army moves into the oil business
The army's $100 billion commercial empire covers industries including banking, cement and real estate
https://asiatimes.com/2019/03/pakistani-army-moves-into-the-oil-business/

Elliot Wilson says Pakistan’s economy is dominated by a ruthless business conglomerate that owns everything from factories and bakeries to farmland and golf courses: the army

Sometime in late 2004, Pakistan's all-powerful army made a curious decision. Under mounting pressure from London and Washington to capture Osama bin Laden, believed to be hiding in Baluchistan, Islamabad's fighting forces instead turned their attention to a far more profitable venture: building golf courses.
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-military-millionaires-who-control-pakistan-inc

She found that the army owns 12 per cent of the country’s land, its holdings being mostly fertile soil in the eastern Punjab. Two thirds of that land is in the hands of senior current and former officials, mostly brigadiers, major-generals and generals. The most senior 100 military officials are estimated to be worth, at the very least, £3.5 billion.

You don't want that! Check out also Indonesia and Egypt-similar.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Mugiwaraluffy: 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2020
Whyem15:
The senate has asked service chiefs to resign over rising insecurity. Buratai Don koba the rest.
Lets wait and see whether they will respect the senate.
That would be the last thing Buratai would do.
Unless oga grow some balls and stop listening to some people protecting their personal interest, they'll still remain there.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 3:30pm On Jul 21, 2020
SAD we lost a Navy SF in The Frontline cry
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Mugiwaraluffy: 3:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
Odunayaw:
As I said when the Super camp doctrine was still fresh. If our mobility isn't protected and effective, the Super camp doctrine will very soon become sour in our mouths. Behold what we see these days!

I still don't understand how the Special Forces we have are being employed.

I proposed an idea recently about how we can use special ops to reduce those boko boys from having free movement.
Since Airfoce have a nonchalant attitude towards responding to distress call at time of need, I would suggest we use armed forces special force (AFSF) if they're still in commission to carry out such attacks.
Airfoce can dedicate 2 asset (maybe one MiG with an alpha jet or a helicopter) on standby specifically for distress calls.
This would change the narrative we're facing now.
I think the mistake we're making in this war is that our forces are operating with rigid principles against enemies that are fluid.
This war is dynamic and we should learn to adapt quickly.
Super camps have helped to reduce attacks on outpost but indirectly increased the rate of ambush. These terrorists have seen that loophole and are exploiting it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1297) (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Faithti(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.