Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,932 members, 7,828,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3039605 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:44pm On Jul 28, 2020
komekn:

Would you liked me to give you a list of customers who have procured this now proven and tested as well as very EFFECTIVE UAV and then to add to that the cost effective is ASTOUNDING.

If you want to make a point make it on position based on reasoning that benefits the forum not on jibes without substance.

Finally, China is not Pakistan.

Stop being so defensive boy! You're so salty yet full of slime

So because China said the BAIC BJ80 is better than the Mercedes- Benz. G-Wagon AMG 63.
You will therefore believe them because the look similar, from shameless copy engineering.
Was it not a Chinese product you're talking of here? Following your crooked analogy of "customers" you shot yourself in the nuts because the BJ80 is widely used! Are you saying now, "as far as it is widely used, it must be good"?

Now, you further exposed your ignorance by thinking the JFs are Pakistani jets.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

Well, I watched a video comparison of the JF-17 and the F-16 jets,,, and the only thing I was not happy about is the JF -17 was slightly underpowered.

I saw this live and other commenters said same, the F-16 jet engine had more thrust, hence F16 was slightly more agile. Even at that, the difference in performance was slight.

That was a Block 1 JF-17 that was used, but am hoping our Block 2 JF-17 would carry a much more powerful engine, to make it a very good jet.

Are you suggesting that on the basis of a video in an air show you will make a deduction on the capacity, reliability and superiority by visual alone.

Thats shocking.

I could get a Innoson G80 ( Chinese assembled BAIC BJ80 ) pitch it against a Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon AMG 63 and visually you may not notice the difference that much. But i can assure if you drive them they are world apart.

My view is simplistic if nobody else has bought this aircraft apart from Mynmar, it tells us something. Then you consider that Pakistan does not have a long standing quality manufacturing and or technological base to underpin its production of this aircraft.

Would any of you buy a Pakistani made brand new car even if it was dirt cheap, there will still be a debate id rather have a 3/4 year proven established brand.

But that's the other problem, it is not dirt cheap, for what it is , it is way TOO EXPENSIVE.

In reality our long term strategic planning has been very weak we are waking up when the ships already set sail. These are things that should have done decades ago. We are probably down to a dozen operational fighter aircraft, and as a result the NAF lacks capacity to meet current threats forget about future projected ones.

My other issue is we are not the Gambia we have neighbors amassing weaponry at an exponential rate like Egypt, Algeria and we are looking at them like we are not bothered.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2020
Odunayaw:
Stop being so defensive boy! You're so salty yet full of slime

Was it not a Chinese product you're talking of here? Following your crooked analogy of "customers" you shot yourself in the nuts because the BJ80 is widely used! Are you saying now, "as far as it is widely used, it must be good"?

Now, you further exposed your ignorance by thinking the JFs are Pakistani jets.

Why must everything with you be rancorous and hostile To what purpose to increase the quality of discussion or to reduce it.

This is infantile behavior.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 8:02pm On Jul 28, 2020
komekn:

Are you suggesting that on the basis of a video in an air show you will make a deduction on the capacity, reliability and superiority by visual alone.

Thats shocking.

I could get a Innoson G80 ( Chinese assembled BAIC BJ80 ) pitch it against a Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon AMG 63 and visually you may not notice the difference that much. But i can assure if you drive them they are world apart.

My view is simplistic if nobody else has bought this aircraft apart from Mynmar, it tells us something. Then you consider that Pakistan does not have a long standing quality manufacturing and or technological base to underpin its production of this aircraft.

Would any of you buy a Pakistani made brand new car even if it was dirt cheap, there will still be a debate id rather have a 3/4 year proven established brand.

But that's the other problem, it is not dirt cheap, for what it is , it is way TOO EXPENSIVE.

In reality our long term strategic planning has been very weak we are waking up when the ships already set sail. These are things that should have done decades ago. We are probably down to a dozen operational fighter aircraft, and as a result the NAF lacks capacity to meet current threats forget about future projected ones.

My other issue is we are not the Gambia we have neighbors amassing weaponry at an exponential rate like Egypt, Algeria and we are looking at them like we are not bothered.
let me ask you do you always get what you want?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2020
komekn:

Thats shocking.

So which jet do you suggest we buy. A single engine jet, please suggest an alternative, not just criticism.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:11pm On Jul 28, 2020
komekn:

Thats shocking.

Good points but lemme correct somethings Just because Myanmar, Pakistan and China but most importantly ( Myanmar) is the Only export user doesn't mean the Jet is that bad you can't come to the conclusion that it means something when yet it's not proven like others( I wouldn't take the Indo/Pak scenario serious too much misinformations grin)

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:55pm On Jul 28, 2020
komekn:

Why must everything with you be rancorous and hostile To what purpose to increase the quality of discussion or to reduce it.

This is infantile behavior.

Dirty Pot grin
komekn post: If you want to make a point make it on position based on reasoning that benefits the forum not on jibes without substance
Look at your reflection in the mirror. Who's the infant ogre now?

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2020
komekn:

Thats shocking.

Compare the age of the jet to other light weight category fighters. Deduce from the age to popularity ratio and then you'd see you're arguing from a standpoint of Prejudice.

Again, China makes the Jets
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:21pm On Jul 28, 2020
Attack ongoing in my current location .

May God bless all our Gallant soldiers moving to the front line with lots of Gun trucks cool

Gracias

13 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 9:47pm On Jul 28, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

May God bless all our Gallant soldiers moving to the front line with lots of Gun trucks cool

Gracias

Hope you have loaded your local toy gun?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 10:00pm On Jul 28, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Gracias
stay safe bro.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:03pm On Jul 28, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Hope you have loaded your local toy gun?

Tho I heard it's around border town Amchide.

I nearly jumped into a Military hilux cheesy. Make we go harvest Boko heads, but all is calm now cool

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:03pm On Jul 28, 2020
demolition:

stay safe bro.

Thanks man.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 10:12pm On Jul 28, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Tho I heard it's around border town Amchide.

I nearly jumped into a Military hilux cheesy. Make we go harvest Boko heads, but all is calm now cool
grin e don dey d blood stay safe o guy
God be with you
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 12:46am On Jul 29, 2020
Not exactly an easy market to break into, that doesn't mean the jet isn't good, some poor country gotta go first and try it right? lol, jk.
it could simply be competition, most countries would buy from Countries and companies that have been around for decades, with a proven track record. So that could also be a reason

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Janjaweedi(m): 8:00am On Jul 29, 2020
komekn:

Would you liked me to give you a list of customers who have procured this now proven and tested as well as very EFFECTIVE UAV and then to add to that the cost effective is ASTOUNDING.

If you want to make a point make it on position based on reasoning that benefits the forum not on jibes without substance.

Finally, China is not Pakistan.

You forgot is a pakistan-Chinese joint work.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:37am On Jul 29, 2020
Why does Nigerian Army focus a lot on quantity not quality? Why assign 500 poorly equipped soldiers to a job 50 well-equipped soldier could do? See how soldiers are packed together like sardine.
Oh my goodness! How can there be any reasonable level of coordination if this people come under enemy fire?

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:44am On Jul 29, 2020
#COIN
#NA

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:48am On Jul 29, 2020
Xbee007:
Why does Nigerian Army focus a lot on quantity not quality? Why assign 500 poorly equipped soldiers to a job 50 well-equipped soldier could do? See how soldiers are packed together like sardine.
Oh my goodness! How can there be any reasonable level of coordination if this people come under enemy fire?

Broda funds
The federal government should make it available ! If you think we’re getting more hardwares from our tiny budget, then you’re the on a long thing !
The best we could squeze out from the army budget is soft skinned hilux vehicle plus few additional numbers of MRAPs yearly.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 11:08am On Jul 29, 2020
Odunayaw:
Compare the age of the jet to other light weight category fighters. Deduce from the age to popularity ratio and then you'd see you're arguing from a standpoint of Prejudice.

Again, China makes the Jets
I don't get why you're defending the jf 17 like this. To a large extent, he is right. You can only compare both in performance. But in weapon systems, the f16 is miles ahead. Jf17 does not even have an aesa radar. But I like the Jf17 still because it is okay. Nigeria does not need to pursue a useless arms race for now. If we keep growing economically, if Egypt like, let them have 1000 f16s, a little sanction will settle any matter, nowadays, nobody can bomb another freely without adequate backup. If am to advise the military, I'll tell them to forget about air superiority and missiles and focus on more attack planes, light attack helicopters and the likes. For example sikorsky militarizes the blackhawk with rockets and precision guns for a cost, you can buy it complet or get an old one and they'll militarize it. A used blackhawk is about 4 million dollars. All these things are helpful to checkmate the spread of terrorism in the North East.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 11:14am On Jul 29, 2020
Xbee007:
Taking into account the fact that they carry AKs, friendly fire might kill more people than enemy fire in such a situation.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:04pm On Jul 29, 2020
Faithful007:
I don't get why you're defending the jf 17 like this. To a large extent, he is right. You can only compare both in performance. But in weapon systems, the f16 is miles ahead. Jf17 does not even have an aesa radar. But I like the Jf17 still because it is okay. Nigeria does not need to pursue a useless arms race for now. If we keep growing economically, if Egypt like, let them have 1000 f16s, a little sanction will settle any matter, nowadays, nobody can bomb another freely without adequate backup. If am to advise the military, I'll tell them to forget about air superiority and missiles and focus on more attack planes, light attack helicopters and the likes. For example sikorsky militarizes the blackhawk with rockets and precision guns for a cost, you can buy it complet or get an old one and they'll militarize it. A used blackhawk is about 4 million dollars. All these things are helpful to checkmate the spread of terrorism in the North East.
Did you follow my posts at all or you were itching to just type. Where did you see me comparing F16s and JF17s? E go good if you de follow things.

I specifically am on his argument about the quality of the jets based on his (1) BAIC/Mercedes (2) Number of users argument.

To your post. Who's considering Air Superiority? Nairaland Air Force? Where did you see arms race in any of the discourse?

The rationale for getting the JFs have been stated by the [real] NAF and over flogged by us on this thread so I don't know what new thing you're saying. The Service needs a multirole fighter. Fangirls are the ones onanating about fighting one Egypt or Chad or whatever

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2020
Prejudiced accusers of every decision Nigeria makes. Learn

The JF17 IS a Lightweight fighter.
A Light fighter or lightweight fighter is afighter aircraft towards the low end of the practical range of weight, cost, and complexity over which fighters are fielded. The light or lightweight fighter retains carefully selected competitive features, in order to provide cost-effective design and performance.

A well-designed lightweight fighter is able to match or better a heavier type plane-for-plane in many missions, and for lower cost. The lightweight class can therefore be strategically valuable.

Other LWF in the class and [age] of the JF17 [2008/2010] are FA-50 (Korea, 2008), HAL Tejas [2016], Saab Gripen [1998]

As expected, due to longevity on the market, the Saab Gripen is the most used widely. It has 5 customers.
The FA-50 is next with 4 customers. Followed by JF17 with 2 customers.

One thing is common with customers of this category. Pocket, Threat level and Geopolitics.
With this, I don't see the JF17 doing badly, neither do I understand anyone's expectation that it should be in everyone's hands like a freaking Android phone!

It doesn't fall short of any of its peers in its category and we're getting what we paid for. I hope fangirls, daydreamers and rabble rousers can let us hear word now.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 12:54pm On Jul 29, 2020
What do you all know about the Ataka 9m120 anti tank missile?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2020
Tobiloba2407:
What do you all know about the Ataka 9m120 anti tank missile?
isn't it what the MI35M delivers?? grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 1:18pm On Jul 29, 2020
Toju200:
isn't it what the MI35M delivers?? grin

Nigerian MI35M?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Nigerian MI35M?
yes Nigeria has got the missiles for the MI35M
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 1:58pm On Jul 29, 2020
bidexiii:

The government is not blaming any NGO !

Stop giving me these flimsy craps about Christianity and casket !
These goes beyond what I can openly discuss here on the platform or go into unnecessary arguments with you!
Like I said French NGOs can never be trusted ?

After all this time it still amazes me Naijjans don't see Jean-Fraude's slimy hands all over BH. In this day and age people actually think its a s organisation rooted in spontaneous political and religious happenings.
SMFH!?

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 7:20pm On Jul 29, 2020
Janjaweedi:

You forgot is a pakistan-Chinese joint work.

I did not forget.

But we are buying it from Pakistan and not China and the aircraft made in Pakistan.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2020
Xbee007:

Have you heard of the term sitting ducks.

Then people will say somebody is giving information to BOKO.

Just look at the way they are moving in a huge convoy no offensive and or defensive formation. They might as well mount a huge speaker announcing that they are on their way.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:39pm On Jul 29, 2020
komekn:

Have you heard of the term sitting ducks.

Then people will say somebody is giving information to BOKO.

Just look at the way they are moving in a huge convoy no offensive and or defensive formation. They might as well mount a huge speaker announcing that they are on their way.
now I'm sure most of you didn't watch the video Actually they just finished setting on fire a BHT ISWAP camp...
Tho that doesn't justify their way/mode of transportation and mobility.
From what I see it's almost like a battalion or brigade moving to set up another FOB after a successful op
Judging from the Possibly fuel or Water tank, Logistics trucks.
But why didn't they just park all Logistics into 1/2 up Armoured yellow bucket, Troops will move in MRAP or Guntrucks not parking them in a lorry.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2020
There's info that a soldier shot and killed an officer in Bama.
Any confirmation?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.