Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,322 members, 7,864,538 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:10 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3077627 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1346) (1347) (1348) (1349) (1350) (1351) (1352) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralMarshall: 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

There is no Bokoharam activity in Maiduguri. Maiduguri has the best night lightening in Nigeria.

All it's street lights are powered by Generators and not Solar. If one light goes off, just under 5 minutes the maintenance guys are fixing it.

If I post of my Maiduguri pictures here you'll think I'm in Paris especially Lagos street in Maiduguri.

But there is no lightening in Borno North or Central as the only light you will see is 40 barrels grin

Ok. Thanks for clarifying.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
komekn:

I actually my preference was for 50 but in terms of effectiveness and best value.

Which would you rather prefer 2 A29 Tucano or 75 Wing Loong II UAV's. In all honesty ❓

But you must look at cost effective solutions and in this regard. Boko setting up Ambush and or driving with reckless abandon across the NE in convoys of pick up gun trucks to attack NA positions will be impossible.

Finally,a brand new twin turbo attack plane,the TAV,Tactical Aerial Vehicle from a Canadian outfit in Qeubec.

Armament:
+ Up to 11 external hard points
+ Up to 8000Lbs total load
+ One forward firing fixed cannon (customer’s choice)
+ One belly mounted optionally installed (up to 30mm) 360-degree turret cannon

+ Laser guided bombs and rockets
+ GPS guided munition
+ Up to two torpedoes
[url]https://www.icarus-aerospace.com/tactical-air-vehicle-tav/
[/url]

I'd have gone for a side by side cockpit. Easier cross communication under the stress of live fire. The beauty is the gun calibre can be changed:a 30mm is too heavy for BH;a 23 milly is more than adequate. I can't find anything on price but the TAV FAC,Flyaway Cost should be max 12 mn$ without the usual high ancillary cost associated with US equipment.
Compare with Wing Loong and A 29 Tuc.

Edit: The OV 10 foundation is obvious.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2020
BabaOwen:
So you feel all this unarmed IPOB members that are been killed, it might not lead to a serious security problem as time goes?

In 2009, this was the way the Nigerian army attacked Boko haram members in Maiduguri, killing some of their members while some fled.

May Dora Akunyili keep on RIP. The day Yusuf Mohamed was executed in a Nigeria police cell by the Nigerian police after the Nigerian army handed him over to them. In an interview Dora Akunyili said the most important thing is that Yusuf Mohamed has been killed. She said things are now going back to normal in the city of Maiduguri and is environment. But we can all see the results of that killing now cool

No just downgrade any group that has brainwashed people as is members. I've seen a father who dey make his children listen to radio biafra grin some have been so brainwashed they are very ready to die for IPOB!!
I'm not in support of extra judicial killing on IPOB. Am just saying that it has not reached the stage of civil war.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
I'm not in support of state sponsored violence but I believe it is time to keep NK in check, he has been idolized by a lot of people and he has a dangerous influence over them. If this is not checked, it will either result into a full blown conflict and/or genocide. They could issue an arrest warrant to interpol as he has incited violence against the state in his latest statement. Ipob can get what they want if they have something to offer the world powers or else their case go just be like that of the Ambazonias in Cameroon and Tuaregs /Azawad in Mali/Niger.
Even in some instances, the west supports the government against the separatist e.g, Eastern Ukraine separatists.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2020
demolition:

LOL. E go shock you and the FG.

Shebi na we dey expect western weapons and we keep violating basic fundamental human rights.
Please OUTSIDE of the TUSCANO A29 +spareparts Nigeria is not expecting any more weapons from the US , The amount of weapons that Nigeria is expecting from Russia , China, Serbia, Ukraine is twice in terms of $$$$ of what it will be getting from the US .know you would like the deal to be cancelled under the " human right moniker" it won't
Tanks are coming
ARTILLERY dey come
JF17 LOADING
MI17 LOADING
10 xUAVS LOADING
100 KRAZ TRUCKS loading
LST LOADING
So don't skip a heart beat Nigeria is getting theA-29S and there aint a dammn thing you can do about it .
There is nothing shocking coming except a lot of hardware immune to sanctions grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
Whyem15:
I'm not in support of state sponsored violence but I believe it is time to keep NK in check, he has been idolized by a lot of people and he has a dangerous influence over them. If this is not checked, it will either result into a full blown conflict and/or genocide. They could issue an arrest warrant to interpol as he has incited violence against the state in his latest statement. Ipob can get what they want if they have something to offer the world powers or else their case go just be like that of the Ambazonias in Cameroon and Tuaregs /Azawad in Mali/Niger.
Even in some instances, the west supports the government against the separatist e.g, Eastern Ukraine separatists.
He is nothing but a coward , (who has a penchant for scamming) it is regrettable that there was loss of life even with the misguided IPOB ( They are our brothers regardless) or the DSS.
The DSS should do a discreet investigation and tone it down. , then arrests.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
LTGEN:

Please OUTSIDE of the TUSCANO A29 +spareparts Nigeria is not expecting any more weapons from the US , The amount of weapons that Nigeria is expecting from Russia , China, Serbia, Ukraine is twice in terms of $$$$ of what it will be getting from the US .know you would like the deal to be cancelled under the " human right moniker" it won't
Tanks are coming
ARTILLERY dey come
JF17 LOADING
MI17 LOADING
10 xUAVS LOADING
100 KRAZ TRUCKS loading
LST LOADING
So don't skip a heart beat Nigeria is getting theA-29S and there aint a dammn thing you can do about it .
There is nothing shocking coming except a lot of hardware immune to sanctions grin

Alright then. Go on using deadly force against unarmed civilians while genociders rampage kaduna.
Misplaced priorities.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Oladeligt: 6:43pm On Aug 24, 2020
demolition:

Alright then. Go on using deadly force against unarmed civilians while genociders rampage kaduna.
Misplaced priorities.
Which Kaduna?
people who don't live in Kaduna always make it look like another Maiduguri on social media. The same Kaduna wey I dey abi which one again.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 7:49pm On Aug 24, 2020
demolition:

Misplaced priorities.
STFU
You have been carrying on" your holier than thou crusade" because no one answered you
till now .
The police in the US yesterday shot a man in the back several times , he wasn't a criminal he was breaking up a domestic dispute , is Nigeria the only country in the world that has rogue security personnel ? you act like Nigeria should fight the bh with sticks and stones .I am sick and tired of your ilk
Like as if a 155 mm ARTY SHELL bought in Russia is some how inferior to one made in the US .Nigeria bought 12 planes from the US and MOFOS like you wont allow us to rest. with your Human right mantra .
WTF is shocking about 12 A29? is it the only plane in the world ?
Since then the US has sold 3 drones to Nigeria
NIGERIA is getting 3 JF 17 which is a 3.5 GEN Multi role fighter and will be here in 8 weeks.
kilo de gan?
I beg this is not 2009 with your crappy sanctions .
The US supplies the Syrian freedom fighters , dances with some pretty awful shady characters in the Mid east that you shouldn't visit their embassies and we won't hear word about sanctions that won't happen .

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 8:02pm On Aug 24, 2020
LTGEN:

STFU
You have been carrying on" your holier than thou crusade" because no one answered you
till now .
The police in the US yesterday shot a man in the back several times , he wasn't a criminal he was breaking up a domestic dispute , is Nigeria the only country in the world that has rogue security personnel ? you act like Nigeria should fight the bh with sticks and stones .I am sick and tired of your ilk
Like as if a 155 mm ARTY SHELL bought in Russia is some how inferior to one made in the US .Nigeria bought 12 planes from the US and MOFOS like you wont allow us to rest. with your Human right mantra .
NIGERIA is getting 3 JF 17 which is a 3.5 GEN Multi role fighter and will be here in 8 weeks.
kilo de gan?
The US supplies the Syrian freedom fighters , dances with some pretty awful shady characters in the Mid east that you shouldn't visit their embassies and we won't hear word about sanctions that won't happen .

Lmaooooo grin e be things.
Try and be calming down.
No dey shout like prostitute way them no pay money. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
I have calmed down and i admit unlike me going a little bit over the top , but let us put it in context it is 12 planes now , We are getting 10 drones
and 3 more for the NA and the next set of drones will almost certainly be all MALE ( ARMED) drones . I won't even mention SK .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:00pm On Aug 24, 2020
LTGEN:
I have calmed down and i admit unlike me going a little bit over the top , but let us put it in context it is 12 planes now , We are getting 10 drones
and 3 more for the NA and the next set of drones will almost certainly be all MALE ( ARMED) drones . I won't even mention SK .
I think you read too much meaning into all demolition said.

Based on history, things like what is going on the country makes "Pope" USA point its hypocritical finger. No be true?

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 9:23pm On Aug 24, 2020
LTGEN:

Cool. Now we can talk like gentle men.
Now I'm not referring to weapons we are receiving.
I'm using the sanctions on the Tucano as a context to make a point.

Always going after those guys is like playing into NK's hands. He wants that. Matter of fact he enjoys it because it gives him relevance and at the same time draw unwanted attention to federal government.
It's a win win setuation for him and his goons.

The dss can put in work and gather intel on this guy that would warrant an interpol man hunt.
Always trying to break up protest would only lead to more bodies. And it's a win for them not us.

The fight right now should be more of an intelligence warfare which the dss is more than capable to handle.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 9:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
Odunayaw:
I think you read too much meaning into all demolition said.

Based on history, things like what is going on the country makes "Pope" USA point its hypocritical finger. No be true?

Exactly my point bro.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
demolition:

Always going after those guys is like playing into NK's hands. He wants that. Matter of fact he enjoys it because it gives him relevance and at the same time draw unwanted attention to federal government.

The dss can put in work and gather intel on this guy that would warrant an interpol man hunt.
Always trying to break up protest would only lead to more bodies. And it's a win for them not us.

The fight right now should be more of an intelligence warfare which the dss is more than capable to handle.
One thing that irks me a lot is our Intel apparatus tactlessness when it cones to politco-social issues

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 9:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
LTGEN:

STFU
till now .
kilo de gan?

Corrections; russia uses 152mm ammo
Jf 17 is 4 generation
And yes things like this can make us not get the super tucano and we can't get that capability anywhere other than the west

You are right about any other thing
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by PrinxArthur1(m): 9:37pm On Aug 24, 2020
LTGEN:

STFU
till now .
kilo de gan?
sTFU you too
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 9:49pm On Aug 24, 2020
PrinxArthur1:
sTFU you too

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Oladeligt: 10:12pm On Aug 24, 2020
PrinxArthur1:
sTFU you too
Why take panadol for another person's headache undecided ? That is how you will go and interfere in agbero discussion and the next thing u receive na 2×2 plank for head. grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jimi24: 10:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
LTGEN:

STFU
till now .
kilo de gan?

Oga sir, JF17 is 4th Generation. We are probably getting AESA radar on it, so i make bold to call it 4+ generation
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by PrinxArthur1(m): 10:58pm On Aug 24, 2020
Oladeligt:

Why take panadol for another person's headache undecided ? That is how you will go and interfere in agbero discussion and the next thing u receive na 2×2 plank for head. grin
hmmm keyboard warrior
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 11:09pm On Aug 24, 2020
demolition:

I understand you better now.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 11:12pm On Aug 24, 2020
demolition:

LOL. E go shock you and the FG.

Shebi na we dey expect western weapons and we keep violating basic fundamental human rights.

We have lost our geo political standing in the region we are no longer considered influential and therefore not valuable.

Add to that, to be blunt we are a poor nation with no money to spend.

The issue of human rights is bigoted hypocrisy and double standard if that claim has any truth in it, by the USA and other western nations.

Because when it comes to human rights Saudi Arabia, Egypt and others have an abysmal record compared to us. We are like saints compared to Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, etc

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 11:12pm On Aug 24, 2020
Oladeligt:

Me and Oga Demolition are cool I can't be bothered with him.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 11:14pm On Aug 24, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Corrections; russia uses 152mm ammo
Jf 17 is 4 generation
And yes things like this can make us not get the super tucano and we can't get that capability anywhere other than the west

You are right about any other thing
Alright I stand corrected on the arty shell and the 4th GEN
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralMarshall: 12:47am On Aug 25, 2020
Jimi24:

Oga sir, JF17 is 4th Generation. We are probably getting AESA radar on it, so i make bold to call it 4+ generation

Correction bro, our JF-17 is not coming with AESA radar. Ours is the Block 2,,, only the Block 3 has AESA radar, BVR capabilities and a much powerful engine. That is the reason I am happy we bought only 3 for a start.

Hopefully, we would be buying more of the JF-17 Block 3, which is actually equivalent to the US F-16. I read somewhere that our plan is to buy 2 squadrons,, but I can't verify that.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:59am On Aug 25, 2020
GeneralMarshall:

Correction bro, our JF-17 is not coming with AESA radar. Ours is the Block 2,,, only the Block 3 has AESA radar, BVR capabilities and a much powerful engine. That is the reason I am happy we bought only 3 for a start.

Hopefully, we would be buying more of the JF-17 Block 3, which is actually equivalent to the US F-16. I read somewhere that our plan is to buy 2 squadrons,, but I can't verify that.
The SD-10A is a BVR weapon & its on Block 2
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralMarshall: 3:56am On Aug 25, 2020
Odunayaw:
The SD-10A is a BVR weapon & its on Block 2

Yes, I know that.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Hennynitan(m): 7:16am On Aug 25, 2020
Over 15 High Ranking ISWAP Commanders Killed In MNJTF, Nigerian Military Air-Ground Assault
Military/Defence by globalsentinelnews1 - August 25, 20200

Social media sharing

*Over 5,000 terrorists hiding in targeted locations

Senator Iroegbu
Security sources have confirmed that the air and ground operation launched by the Multi-National Joint Task Force with the Nigerian Air Force and ARMY on Monday have resulted in the deaths of top commanders of Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP).

Also confirming the attack, a Counter Terrorism expert, Mr. David Otto, said that the troops successfully bombarded more ISWAP camps and the jihadist who were escaping to Kirta and Wulgo of Borno State, Northeast Nigeria . He said some of the locations targeted have previously sheltered more than 5,000 armed fighters of ISWAP.

Otto said that sources further revealed that “more than 15 high ranking ISWAP Commanders were at the location when three Nigerian Air Force jets launched precision missiles killing unspecified number of the insurgents. Commanders such as Abu Imrana, Abubakar Buduma, Umar Lene and Ali Kwaya .

” Notorious Commanders -Abu Imrana, Abubakar Buduma, Umar Lene and Ali Kwaya, all high ranking terrorist were spotted at the location prior to the intelligence led aerial strike. Thick smoke from the bombardment could still be visible within Kirta and Wulgo, according to sources. “

According to him, these sustained aerial strikes from the air force in coordination with Army and MNJTF has been described by ground sources as ‘Jihadist Dark August’ referring to constant bombardment and the dark smoke generated from sustained airstrikes.

He however, cautioned that airstrikes and ground offensives alone will not defeat Boko Haram and ISWAP factions, adding that “a pool of vulnerable children both from within and outside jihadist hideouts remain targets of recruitment as reported in recent findings”.

He further advised that this the peoples war but building civil and military trust is key.

https://globalsentinelng.com/2020/08/25/over-15-high-ranking-iswap-commanders-killed-in-mnjtf-nigerian-military-air-ground-assault/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Hennynitan(m): 7:21am On Aug 25, 2020
Nigerian Military Airstrikes Kill Light-Skinned ISIS Foreign Fighters In Lake Chad – Several Commanders Perish
Opinion Security by globalsentinelnews1 - August 23, 20200

Social media sharing

By David Otto
Impeccable sources have confirmed that a successful coordinated aerial strike by the Nigerian military targeting hideout camps of ISIS in Africa affiliate – Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) has killed more than 20 foreign specialised ISIS fighters described by local sources as ‘Light skinned men’ and several Boko Haram high value Commanders along the fringes of the Lake Chad and Nigeria’s North-Eastern state of Borno.

The week long HUMINT led aerial strike launched by the Nigerian Air Force in coordination with the Nigerian Army and the Multi National Joint Task Force (MNJTF) took place in the week of 19th – 21st of August 2020. The most impacted ISWAP locations were given as Sabon Tombo and Tudun Wulgo in Marte Local Government Area (LGA) Borno State.

Preliminary damage assessment confirmed that the air strikes successfully hit the heart of ISWAP terrorist hideouts, killing about 20 newly arrived foreign ISIS fighters as well as key ISWAP unit Commanders. Hundreds more escaped with severe life-threatening injuries and burns. This is not the first time the Nigerian Military is successfully targeting ISIS foreign fighters in the region.

Names of ISIS Commanders Killed by Nigerian Air Force MOAB

Sources have revealed that some of the high-ranking ISWAP Commanders confirmed killed in the air-strikes include; Malam Musa Judum, a Jukun by tribe – Malam Musa is considered to be the group’s Chief Medical Doctor. Malam Abba, a resident of Nglewa and highly respected commander; One Malam Baba Isa, the Coordinator of the ISWAP fishing activities in the Tunbums; and Malam Ali Abdallah, a trusted guard to ISWAP Commander Umar Lene – many more are reported to have been wiped out without trace in what may be described as a MOAB (Mother of All Bombs) airstrike.

The targeted foreign ISIS mercenaries are reported to have first arrived Tumbun Gini (ISWAP Headquarters) by mid Aug 2020 accompanied by about 300 newly trained terrorist fighters from an unknown training location linked with a faction of the Islamic State of the Greater Sahel (ISGS) in Mali. The role of the newly trained fighters was to consolidate planned offensive efforts from ISWAP terrorist camps based in locations given as Kirta, Kwalaram and Sabon Tumbu. These locations were until recently serving as one of the biggest terrorist hideouts with unconfirmed reports of more than 3,000 newly recruited young jihadist fighters mostly between the age of 13 to 16 years -old harbouring in these locations.

The week planned and sustained aerial offensives has severely disrupted ISWAP operational command and further diminished the group’s plan to launch guerrilla style attacks on uncooperating soft civilian and hard military formations in and around locations in Monguno, Malam Fatori, Damasak, Gubio, Cross kwawa and MJTF Baga. These plans had depended on the mobilization of experienced and trained fighters from AZWAJ – ISIS foreign fighters from Libya and Mali Republic.

Many surviving and wounded jihadist have been spotted escaping to other known camps toward Bulgaram, Kirta and Bakassi. These locations could be used to treat wounded fighters. Others were spotted moving their families to safer hideout in Buningir, Kwatalo, sunuri, saliyo and Karfi, in the Lake Chad to escape from further air strikes, while others may choose to escape through Gamboru Fotokol and Yola in Adamawa state, through Bulgaram.

Several ISWAP wounded militants were conveyed in three boats from the destroyed camps of Sabon Tombo to Kirta under the escort of the infamous Abu Imrana, Abubakar Buduma, Umar Lene and Ali Kwata, also very high ranking ISWAP terrorist Commanders.

Recommendation

Some of the locations below are known hideouts for ISWAP and Boko Haram groups – and should be promptly surveyed and visited by the Nigerian Military and MNJTF troops.

Bakkassi, Jibularam, with an approximate coordinate of Long. xxxxx, Lat. xxxxx,
Tudun wulgo, with approximate coordinate, Long xxxxx and Lat. Xxxxx;
Kirta, with cord. Lat. 12. xxxxx and lat. 13. Xxxxx; kusuman an approximate Cord. Long. 12. xxxxx and Lat. xxxxx, (ISWAP hiding in makeshift tents and hiding their arms and dozens of gun trucks under thick kangar trees in this particular location);
Kattikime, located close to Kerenowa with an approximate Cord. Long. 12. xxxxx and lat. 13. Xxxxx. A Significant number of Boko Haram ISWAP Special forces are currently camping at Larki with an approximate cord. Long. 13. xxxxx and Lat. 13. Xxxxx.

The complex terrain of Tumbun Gini serves as ISWAP HQ despite previous heavy bombardment by the Nigerian military and MNJTF troop states – further known hideouts given as Cord. 13. xxxxx and Lat. 13. xxxxx approximately.

According to sources, Massive stolen medical consumables and food items had been arriving Kirta with cord. Lat. xxxxx, and Lat. xxxxx. The wounded jihadists are currently focused on treating some of the wounded militants with less life threatening injuries. About 15 high ranking ISWAP Commanders are currently in Kirta to assist in the recovery process and reassess ISWAP future operations. With a heavy presence of Jihadist fighters in Kirta , a visit to these given locations should be prioritised by the Nigerian Military and troops from the Multi-National Joint Task Forces (MNJTF).

Conclusion

To win this war against ISWAP and Boko Haram JAS factions in North/West Nigeria and the Lake Chad basin, all local , national and regional civil and military stakeholders must share a common intervention goal.

The intensified intelligence led COIN ground and aerial offensives by the Nigerian Army; Nigerian Air- Force and regional states Chad , Niger and Cameroon must be sustained on identified jihadist hideouts. The current sustained battlefield impact is pushing a self-destruct amongst jihadist leadership setting ‘the cat amongst the pidgins’ targeting mainly Jihadist hideouts in the complex mountain and complex Islands of the Lake Chad Axis. As jihadist continue to relocate from one hideout to another, the risk of exposure and battlefield elimination increases.

Local communities must be protected to enhance civil-military relationships with genuine and practical efforts to win the hearts and minds of the local communities.

– As long as the local population feels unprotected and in constant fear of jihadist reprisal attacks , the security and armed forces will continue to suffer battlefield deficit in information flow. These unsettling battlefield changes within Boko Haram ISWAP jihadist leadership presents an opportunity for all Local, State and regional hands to be on deck.

Military led aerial strikes have the potential to severely disrupt Boko Haram ISWAP operational activities in the region – but there is a need for inter-agency stakeholders to engage in all efforts to dry up and block Boko Haram and ISWAP from recruiting more fighters and acquiring operational resources at relative ease – making use of internal weaknesses and very porous regional borders. Without a comprehensive Counter Insurgency effort, these precision airstrikes will have a limited impact on the progress of the insurgency war – more vulnerable men and women will be recruited to fill the ranks of the fallen terrorist – and more citizens and brave men and women in uniform will continue to pay the ultimate blood price.

See something say something!!!

https://globalsentinelng.com/2020/08/23/nigerian-military-airstrikes-kill-light-skinned-isis-foreign-fighters-in-lake-chad-several-commanders-perish/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 2:44pm On Aug 25, 2020
kikuyu1:

Finally,a brand new twin turbo attack plane,the TAV,Tactical Aerial Vehicle from a Canadian outfit in Qeubec.

[url]https://www.icarus-aerospace.com/tactical-air-vehicle-tav/
[/url]

I'd have gone for a side by side cockpit. Easier cross communication under the stress of live fire. The beauty is the gun calibre can be changed:a 30mm is too heavy for BH;a 23 milly is more than adequate. I can't find anything on price but the TAV FAC,Flyaway Cost should be max 12 mn$ without the usual high ancillary cost associated with US equipment.
Compare with Wing Loong and A 29 Tuc.

Edit: The OV 10 foundation is obvious.

This frame looks capable and available and most assuredly BETTER VALUE, if Indeed we are talking $10/12 million. Then one should expect complete delivery within 12 months not 6 years.

My issue has always been about " BEST VALUE " and the availability. We need assets desperately NOW not Tomorrow because we are fighting a current bloody existential threat and war.

No amount of spin can hide the fact that we are seriously struggling on multiliple fronts on this war.

It seems similar to the USAF Bronco see YouTube clip below. It's been around for donkey years. Instead of the A29 l would have procured the Bronco at dirt cheap used prices for an airframe that's been retired.

That means acquisition will be in multiples of 20 maybe 60 aircraft. That would make a huge impact. Using the approach most effective use of scarce resources for the greatest impact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gP8sqgqEFw

If we complemented the acquisition with 50 Wing Loong II UAV's. Then we would have 24/7/365 complete situational aware and offensive response over the entire areas of contention in the North.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 2:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
GeneralMarshall:

Equivalent does not in many way or shape mean same capability.

The F16 is tried and tested and PROVEN unlike the simulated much lower quality JF17 Pakistan manufactured in association with Chinese.

It's very cheap in comparison.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1346) (1347) (1348) (1349) (1350) (1351) (1352) ... (2204) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.