Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,079 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:18 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3073774 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 10:38am On Sep 07, 2020
Sizzorkay:
Here i thought you were just craving cheese burgers grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy we pass coded messages, like intel men wink

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandesward: 10:52am On Sep 07, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

cheesy cheesy we pass coded messages, like intel men wink

What's the name of the drone and aeroplane?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by dragon2(m): 11:24am On Sep 07, 2020
Stephandesward:

What's the name of the drone and aeroplane?

The aeroplane looks like a Chinese kJ-200 (AEW&C). If true,caught me by surprise. I was not expecting that.

Modified.
The Drone there is the Wing Loong-10.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JohnEagle96(m): 11:44am On Sep 07, 2020
@fieldmarshall06 are you sure of drone NAF is acquiring?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 11:49am On Sep 07, 2020
JohnEagle96:

It has been in the news that NAF is expecting some UCAV. It is open info.

I only helped answer the regular question of "which drone". There it is for all of you. I call the purchase cheese burger cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 11:58am On Sep 07, 2020
medic555:
bosses in the house abeg in sincere opinion who is winning this war, are we or the terrorists winning because i dont get

We are winning. In the last three weeks, ISWAP has taken more casualties than the NA. Don't let this latest loss put you off.

Also note, some terrorists would also have died in the attack. And as we are getting more MI-35 attack helicopters, there would be enough to go round all military operations.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by dragon2(m): 12:36pm On Sep 07, 2020
JohnEagle96:
It could also be the Cloud shadow drone,it is very similar in appearance to Wing Loong-10 and the Wing Loong-10 may have been developed from it.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JohnEagle96(m): 12:39pm On Sep 07, 2020
The DHq should avoid placing our troops as sitting duck in terrorist infested areas, Air assult like what they have been doing before now is the best method.
Strike Hard and Fast, Hit them on the point of their concentration and withdraw quickly with that their would be few remnants roaming about.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JohnEagle96(m): 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2020
dragon2:

It could also be the Cloud shadow drone,it is very similar in appearance to Wing Loong-10 and the Wing Loong-10 may have been developed from it.
It is well bro, what I am concerned about as a Nigerian , is the advantage it will bring to the fight against insurgency and it's use in cross country intelligence gathering.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by dragon2(m): 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2020
JohnEagle96:

It is well bro, what I am concerned about as a Nigerian , is the advantage it will bring to the fight against insurgency and it's use in cross country intelligence gathering.

Agreed. Concerning deploying to new FOB's near enemy territory, I would have suggested that the soldiers have artillery fire support ahead of them. Interestingly,it seems that the boys that we lost are NAF- Sf. If true,this is a bit worrying. It suggests that the Air force is more determined than the Army is to get the Job done and inter-service co-ordination is sketchy.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

It has been in the news that NAF is expecting some UCAV. It is open info.

I only helped answer the regular question of "which drone". There it is for all of you. I call the purchase cheese burger cheesy
how sure are you..
How sure are you naf is acquiring an EW aircraft.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JohnEagle96(m): 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2020
dragon2:

Agreed. Concerning deploying to new FOB's near enemy territory, I would have suggested that the soldiers have artillery fire support ahead of them. Interestingly,it seems that the boys that we lost are NAF- Sf. If true,this is a bit worrying. It suggests that the Air force is more determined than the Army is to get the Job done and inter-service co-ordination is sketchy.
SMH for Nigeria, sadly there may not be any enquires where those bastards came from and where they took the gun trucks to
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:38pm On Sep 07, 2020
JohnEagle96:
The DHq should avoid placing our troops as sitting duck in terrorist infested areas, Air assult like what they have been doing before now is the best method.
Strike Hard and Fast, Hit them on the point of their concentration and withdraw quickly with that their would be few remnants roaming about.

In Northern Borno 7km outside any military barricade is an ISWAP territory

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 1:48pm On Sep 07, 2020
Toju200:
how sure are you..

Yes, the chief of air staff, mentioned it, it would be stationed in benin, I was expecting mr on my radar to provide more info on it.
The chief kept calling it special mission aircraft, and from the little I gathered, but not verified it was to be based on a cessna cj3, modified for whatever specifically the aircraft was to be used for.

I remember the air chief, stating it would be used for the monitoring of our maritime domain
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JohnEagle96(m): 2:18pm On Sep 07, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

In Northern Borno 7km outside any military barricade is an ISWAP territory

Then what should be done in my own humble opinion is a robust coordinated large offensive to drive them back to create a buffer zone from their Base in lake chad to Northern Bornu Axis setup a Strong Super Special Forces Camp in the Base supported by Strong Punishing Artillery System with Observation UAV.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JohnEagle96(m): 2:21pm On Sep 07, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Yes, the chief of air staff, mentioned it, it would be stationed in benin, I was expecting mr on my radar to provide more info on it.
The chief kept calling it special mission aircraft, and from the little I gathered, but not verified it was to be based on a cessna cj3, modified for whatever specifically the aircraft was to be used for.

I remember the air chief, stating it would be used for the monitoring of our maritime
domain
The aircraft mentioned is not for NAF ,it is for FG under deep blue project tagged safer water ways.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2020
The Rhodies were widely regarded as Master COIN fighters in their day. Even today,middle aged ex Selous Scouts,RLI and SAS are heavily recruited in Afghanistan where they're famous for 'going Rhodesian,' which is to go on a week long foot patrol in a 10-12 man team loaded down with 40 kg of ammo and water.
They had good tactics as we've seen on these pages and some innovative aerial ordinance.

Golf bomb,a fuel/air mix.

The next project was production of a fuel-air-bomb, similar to the one used by the USAF in Vietnam. In addition the Golf bomb was designed and developed in two sizes, the larger being the FBU 460 for delivery by the hunter FGA-9, the smaller Mini Golf or FBU 70 delivered by the Lynx aircraft..
http://samilitaryhistory.org/4/c04augne.html

Another successful innovation was the Mini Golf bomb with a long, 1200-millimeter detonator in front of the body of the bomb itself. When dropping it from the plane under a parachute, the pin struck the surface of the ground, and detonation of the explosive occurred at a height of a meter above the surface. Due to the special composition of the explosive there was an effect, which was compared with the "mini-explosion of a nuclear bomb" - in the strike zone, this weapon destroyed absolutely everything alive without exception in an area of 100 by 150 meters. The use of this type of weapon was only occasional, but it had a very great psychological impact on Mugabe's armed groups.
http://roden.eu/HTML/628.html

Alpha bomb, a cluster bomb unit.

The CB470 is a cluster bomb with a unique design. The conventionally shaped dispenser has been created around the existing round Alpha bomblet. A total of 40 bomblets are carried and each bomblet is provided with its own ejection door. Upon release the fuze each radial row of four bomblets with 0.8 second interval in order to maximize area of effect. The bomblet will first bounce on the ground, even on water or mud, before exploding mid air for increased fragmentation range
Each of the 40 bomblets has a RDX/TNT filling and will produce fragments that are effective against personnel, soft skin vehicles and other unarmored targets. A single CB 470 has a 70 m wide and 250 m long shrapnel footprint. When dropped at speeds of 850 to 1.000 km/h the CB470 can be safely dropped from altitudes as low as 25 meters.

[url]https://old.weaponsystems.net/weaponsystem/HH12%20-%20CB470.html[/url]

Frantan,was an indigeneously developed napalm,mainly used to clear out rocky hills. Idk how the composition differed from the US version but the Rhodies deployed theirs in frangible hardened plastic tanks.

These designs are still highly effective: N Naij,Zim and Kenya share many environmental features from semi desert to savanna.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 2:51pm On Sep 07, 2020
Toju200:
how sure are you..

Very sure. Even the army got some new toys already delivered that very few peeps are aware of. Those army toys are quite strategic hence men kept quiet.

The NAF had already told us they are expecting UCAV. I just helped complete the info. For the EW & AEW aircrafts, they were long overdue. They are silent orders just like the VT-4 tank.
I opened up cos the aircrafts wouldn't be hidden.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 2:55pm On Sep 07, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

I remember the air chief, stating it would be used for the monitoring of our maritime domain
the aircraft you're talking about I the aircraft for the Deep blue but will be operated by NAF.
And it's the Cessna Citation CJ3 with Israeli BIRD system. It can perform different task that's why it's called Special mission Aircraft.
It will have a data link that will live feeds and Intel/Info to The Falcon Eye system,DB C4I,And the two vessels DB Lagos and DB abuja

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 2:56pm On Sep 07, 2020
Toju200:
the aircraft you're talking about I the aircraft for the Deep blue but will be operated by NAF.
And it's the Cessna Citation CJ3 with Israeli BIRD system. It can perform different task that's why it's called Special mission Aircraft.
It will have a data link that will live feeds and Intel/Info to The Falcon Eye system,DB C4I,And the two vessels DB Lagos and DB abuja

Okay, thanks a lot....I understand now
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 3:25pm On Sep 07, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

Very sure. Even the army got some new toys already delivered that very few peeps are aware of. Those army toys are quite strategic hence men kept quiet.

The NAF had already told us they are expecting UCAV. I just helped complete the info. For the EW & AEW aircrafts, they were long overdue. They are silent orders just like the VT-4 tank.
I opened up cos the aircrafts wouldn't be hidden.
Could you at least confirm/deny whether the NA took delivery of the Javelin anti tank system ( Chinese version.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 07, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

There are moles or informants feeding ISWAP with intel. That is very clear.

They were setting up a FOB and attacked, smh.

Was there no risk assessment and safety precautions put in place. Anyway, quota system officers also contibute to battelfield casualties.
You can't just sit in your house and start talking about what you don't have an idea about.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2020
BabaOwen:
You can't just sit in your house and start talking about what you don't have an idea about.
grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2020
I stumbled upon this on twitter, it appears the NAF might have acquired a 4th jf-17, so it would appear we now have the NAF -722, NAF-721 and NAF -720, but also the NAF -702!...could it be the've been numbered?

Or better still, the NAF is acquiring 3 jf-17bs, and 1 jf-17 block II?!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 5:58pm On Sep 07, 2020
JF-17's appear so anachronistic.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2020
LTGEN:

Could you at least confirm/deny whether the NA took delivery of the Javelin anti tank system ( Chinese version.

It is highly possible we bought them, because our anti-tank systems are old, But I found no direct or indirect evidence. I have checked everywhere but there is no clear confirmation. In fact, from my sources, I would say a big No.

But am confused about this article.

https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2020/04/norinco-exports-red-arrow-12e-hj-12e-man-portable-atgw-system-to-nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 6:31pm On Sep 07, 2020
Please guys, beware of quota system posters here. tongue tongue tongue

Any attempt to cause trouble should be ignored please.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2020
lebuhsi:
I stumbled upon this on twitter, it appears the NAF might have acquired a 4th jf-17, so it would appear we now have the NAF -722, NAF-721 and NAF -720, but also the NAF -702!...could it be the've been numbered?

Or better still, the NAF is acquiring 3 jf-17bs, and 1 jf-17 block II?!!

The 702 is photoshopped, that's why it bigger, than the other planes and blurry

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

The 702 is photoshopped, that's why it bigger, than the other planes and blurry

My guess was that it was a poorly taken photo though!

But what do you think about NAF's increasingly close relations with the PAF?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:11pm On Sep 07, 2020
#PressRelease #DHQUpdate

OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE: TROOPS NEUTRALISE BOKO HARAM/ISWAP ELEMENTS, RESCUE KIDNAPPED VICTIMS IN GWOZA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF BORNO STATE

https://defenceinfo.mil.ng/operation-lafiya-dole-troops-neutralise-boko-haramiswap-elements-rescue-kidnapped-victims-in-gwoza-local-government-area-of-borno-state/

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 7:16pm On Sep 07, 2020
lebuhsi:

My guess was that it was a poorly taken photo though!

But what do you think about NAF's increasingly close relations with the PAF?

I think it's a win win for us, and it doesn't put us on unnecessary diplomatic pressure and cost efficient projects, imagine our c130s without the PAF and now the operations upgrade without the jf17.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:07pm On Sep 07, 2020
integrate the maritime domain awareness facilities of relevant stakeholders, including NIMASA’s C4i, Nigerian Navy’s Falcon Eye, Nigerian Ports Authority’s C3i, and the i247 of the Nigeria Police. #TeamNIMASA #NIMASAPressCentre

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) (1363) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.