Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,237 members, 7,836,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3048031 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1356) (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2020
demolition:

Apparently this attack was not an ambush as stipulated earlier.
The hipped up SANDBAGS, trenches and the generator make it look like a mini FOB.
I think this guys got dislodged.

They were dislodged Bro. ISWAP had warned NA never to take Soldiers to Magumeri town an hour drive from Maiduguri City.

For over 6 months there was no military presence there. Last Month Soldiers were drafted there and got attacked same day they moved in.

I posted about the attack using the word M for Magumeri

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 1:36pm On Sep 06, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

They were dislodged Bro. ISWAP had warned NA never to take Soldiers to Magumeri town an hour drive from Maiduguri City.

For over 6 months there was no military presence there. Last Month Soldiers were drafted there and got attacked same day they moved in.

I posted about the attack using the word M for Magumeri

Can the whole world see what they captured from NA?? Then, we would see 2 bicycles and one AK tomorrow being displayed by DHQ as captured weapons..lol..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2020
cutievik:

Can the whole world see what they captured from NA?? Then, we would see 2 bicycles and one AK tomorrow being displayed by DHQ as captured weapons..lol..

Hehehehehe well as for me I don't read Nigeria Army media reports. cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
cutievik:

imagine you see what we're saying..
This is what we complain about.Its only the Two bicycle and ak post that you carry for head.The other Success recorded in Op hailstorm you nor talk about am abi

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Hehehehehe well as for me I don't read Nigeria Army media reports. cool
you be live broadcaster na

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 2:26pm On Sep 06, 2020
demolition:

IT looks like a mixed op of naf and NA.
also the situation looks like a surprised attract while the guys where probably resting. if you check those pics you can see that they were dug in. close to the burning dump truck there's something like a makeshift tent.
its just plain sad seeing stuff like this. cry cry
Yeah, so sad
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2020
nemesis8u:

Fire is the best , unless u want useless international orgs like AI or environmental groups to chew up ur ass .
no dey call international orgs useless.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by medic555(m): 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2020
bosses in the house abeg in sincere opinion who is winning this war, are we or the terrorists winning because i dont get
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by medic555(m): 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2020
And can I ask why the airforce is not bombing training camps because these guys are not immortals dey die but are replaced but by taking out their recruiters and the recruits we starve them of man power. Am very very worried for our boys
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:41pm On Sep 06, 2020
medic555:
And can I ask why the airforce is not bombing training camps because these guys are not immortals dey die but are replaced but by taking out their recruiters and the recruits we starve them of man power. Am very very worried for our boys
Others will contribute but let me say what I know..The ISWAP I know now are Foreigners
2.) Their fighters are mostly trained in Mali and perhaps some areas in Chad so that's where their recruits come from.
For the past 1 month now NAF has succeeded in taking out some of their leaders and fighters some mostly light skinned foreigners.
Survivors of Airstrike usually cross into other countries.i heard on BBC last week BHT attacked a Cameroonian IDP camp to steal some food and medicine reports had it that they might be survivors of Op hailstorm Airstrikes.
Until all Lake chad basin countries work together this won't end at all.
Now FCT is on Red alert based on info of possible attack on Some targets in Abuja.
I'm predicting a WestGate Mall incident but I pray it doesn't happen.
Isn't it time for some civilians to start having some badass Rifles yet in this country sef grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MUTERIKA(m): 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2020
Toju200:

Others will contribute but let me say what I know..The ISWAP I know now are Foreigners
2.) Their fighters are mostly trained in Mali and perhaps some areas in Chad so that's where their recruits come from.
For the past 1 month now NAF has succeeded in taking out some of their leaders and fighters some mostly light skinned foreigners.
Survivors of Airstrike usually cross into other countries.i heard on BBC last week BHT attacked a Cameroonian IDP camp to steal some food and medicine reports had it that they might be survivors of Op hailstorm Airstrikes.
Now FCT is on Red alert based on info of possible attack on Some targets in Abuja.
Isn't it time for some civilians to start having some badass Rifles yet in this country sef grin
Abuja would most likely never get hit, however, the need for maximum security can't be overemphasized. I want to believe those places highlighted in the memo would be visited by own troops.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by medic555(m): 7:06pm On Sep 06, 2020
Toju200:

hmmn but this sneak attacks
are worrisome
but wats the deal with these other countries sef, if we barricade the borders,hunt their sponsors and all will be well
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by medic555(m): 7:08pm On Sep 06, 2020
hitting Abuja is possible dey have done it before
I was thinking, why not just mount border patrol and pull civilians deep into our territory and watch them starve
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 8:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
Like I stated the day I joined this thread, if Nigeria population is as large as often declared and given our nature and external hands and eyes on the region, then Nigeria needs a million men Military however you cut it.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-comparison-detail.asp?form=form&country1=nigeria&country2=&Submit=COMPARE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by pacretus(m): 8:21pm On Sep 06, 2020
Litmus:
Like I stated the day I joined this thread, if Nigeria population is as large as often declared and given our nature and external hands and eyes on the region, then Nigeria needs a million men Military however you cut it.
considering the fact that Nigeria is a very poor country, if the Nigerian military ever gets to even 500k, it will be a 'very' miserable armed forces. grin grin grin Miserable in every sense, Both in training and equipment. And if e con reach 1m, it will become more useless than the K in knife.. grin

it's a good idea though.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:23pm On Sep 06, 2020
medic555:

hmmn but this sneak attacks
are worrisome
but wats the deal with these other countries sef, if we barricade the borders,hunt their sponsors and all will be well
that's the thing o.
Well from the recent attack the troops were caught unaware.
They weren't in a convoy like ambush per-say.
According to SamuelAnyawu which is true they were setting up an FOB when they were attacked.
I don't know why it's hard for NA to Ward off such attacks it's always hard for them.
Well this new breed of ISWAP Fighter are trained and Rutless.
From the Extent of damage is saw I thank God the damage wasn't more than what it is.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:24pm On Sep 06, 2020
Litmus:

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-comparison-detail.asp?form=form&country1=nigeria&country2=&Submit=COMPARE
to me Nigeria isn't poor we're just spending money unnecessarily

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 8:44pm On Sep 06, 2020
Toju200:
to me Nigeria isn't poor we're just spending money unnecessarily

I hadn’t realised, but looking at the global fire site Nigeria should be Brazil’s mate, what happened to us?

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-comparison-detail.asp?form=form&country1=nigeria&country2=brazil&Submit=COMPARE

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 8:53pm On Sep 06, 2020
Litmus:

I hadn’t realised, but looking at the global fire site Nigeria should be Brazil’s mate, what happened to us? Even in land mass, Nigeria is larger than Brazil; somehow, in my minds eyes, Brazil was bigger than us – twice.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-comparison-detail.asp?form=form&country1=nigeria&country2=brazil&Submit=COMPARE
I don't get you ? Do you mean Brazil is smaller than Nigeria in land mass?
Baba Brazil is 10x bigger than Nigeria. The Amazon forest alone is 6x bigger than Nigeria sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 8:57pm On Sep 06, 2020
ugo4u:

I don't get you ? Do you mean Brazil is smaller than Nigeria in land mass?
Baba Brazil is 10x bigger than Nigeria. The Amazon forest alone is 6x bigger than Nigeria sef

You’re right, silly me, Brazil is many time larger, I recon I need to get more sleep. embarassed
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 9:15pm On Sep 06, 2020
Toju200:
that's the thing o.
Well from the recent attack the troops were [/b]caught unaware.[b]
They weren't in a convoy like ambush per-say.
According to SamuelAnyawu which is true they were setting up an FOB when they were attacked.
I don't know why it's hard for NA to Ward off such attacks it's always hard for them.
Well this new breed of ISWAP Fighter are trained and Rutless.
From the Extent of damage is saw I thank God the damage wasn't more than what it is.
Caught unaware in a battlefield.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 9:33pm On Sep 06, 2020
lol, that's why i get pissed back then when a soldier actually said this out loud, losing tons of troops in return, they were caught unaware, imagine that.

GeneralFarouq:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 9:40pm On Sep 06, 2020
GeneralFarouq:

I believe they were outflanked and outnumbered. ISWAP must have lost more men but this they gained in captured weapons.

I predicted this some time ago. ISWAP is on a losing streak, they would throw more men at a vulnerable formation just to gain a upper hand in this fight.

Still not ruling out the possibility of ISWAP having access to some form of intelligence prior to attack.
That attack wasn't carried out by some random Boko haram squad loafing around.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 10:17pm On Sep 06, 2020
persius555:

I believe they were outflanked and outnumbered. ISWAP must have lost more men but this they gained in captured weapons.

I predicted this some time ago. ISWAP is on a losing streak, they would throw more men at a vulnerable formation just to gain a upper hand in this fight.

Still not ruling out the possibility of ISWAP having access to some form of intelligence prior to attack.

There are moles or informants feeding ISWAP with intel. That is very clear.

They were setting up a FOB and attacked, smh.

Was there no risk assessment and safety precautions put in place. Anyway, quota system officers also contibute to battelfield casualties.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 10:18pm On Sep 06, 2020
Happy cheese burgers wink
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:04pm On Sep 06, 2020
persius555:

ISWAP is on a losing streak? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed When the Army are not moving to the ISWAP controlled villages?

ISWAP ain't even living more than 7km from that Magumeri FOB. There was so much attacks on that Magumeri FOB that the military had to withdraw because we lost so many soldiers last year.

For over Six months the Nigeria Army left Magumeri. Last Month in the 1st week of August Soldiers came to just mount a checkpoint, it was not up to 5 mins ISWAP came calling. Tho the military got an Intel and withdrew fast to Maiduguri.

Now the Military returned to Magumeri and it was not up to 4 hours ISWAP attacked.

If the Military are not ready to carryout a massive operation in Borno North we should just accept Insurgency has come to stay and continually flood the Army depot with recruitments.

The Military needs to comb Northern Borno . The worst is ISWAP are massively kidnapping young teenagers especially from Monguno now into their ranks. These Teenagers are fu*k*ng blood thirsty.

Federal Government and Military should up their Game.

15 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:20pm On Sep 06, 2020

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 5:25am On Sep 07, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

There are moles or informants feeding ISWAP with intel. That is very clear.

They were setting up a FOB and attacked, smh.

Was there no risk assessment and safety precautions put in place. Anyway, quota system officers also contibute to battelfield casualties.

Accordingto Samuel Anyway, Magumeri is enemy stronghold. Sending soldiers in fortified truck, redesigned APC and Hilux trucks into such a hotzone without sufficient aerial cover is rather sucidal.

There's no way the soldiers wouldn't have resisted the attack for up to 30 mins. Ample time for arrival of aerial support.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:52am On Sep 07, 2020
NAF S.O.F.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 8:18am On Sep 07, 2020
FieldMarshall06:
Happy cheese burgers wink

No one understands. Smh. Those are pics of incoming assets for the NAF.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 8:59am On Sep 07, 2020
Here i thought you were just craving cheese burgers grin grin grin
FieldMarshall06:

No one understands. Smh. Those are pics of incoming assets for the NAF.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mysticwarrior(m): 9:08am On Sep 07, 2020
medic555:
my brother you are a wise man, in addition to you advice the Nigerian army should also cut their supply routs, ammunition supply, medical supply, above all FOOD SUPPLY, can a hungry man fight? once these strategies are applied Boko would be history.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1356) (1357) (1358) (1359) (1360) (1361) (1362) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.