Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,346 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3047315 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1385) (1386) (1387) (1388) (1389) (1390) (1391) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 5:59pm On Oct 02, 2020
Odunayaw:
grin Sahara Reporters just made me look foolish. 600years danu
grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 6:07pm On Oct 02, 2020
The Armenian Government realised a statement saying they are ready for a cease fire.
They didn't do such in the last two conflicts.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:59pm On Oct 02, 2020
fabselad:
The Armenian Government realised a statement saying they are ready for a cease fire.
Truth is always the first casualty of war, I've seen journalists claiming this is just cheap propaganda. It may be true or not but if Armenia wants ceasefire, they know who to go to.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 7:12pm On Oct 02, 2020
fabselad:
Azerbaijan should not agree until Armenia withdraw from it's land.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 7:22pm On Oct 02, 2020
Whyem15:

Truth is always the first casualty of war, I've seen journalists claiming this is just cheap propaganda. It may be true or not but if Armenia wants ceasefire, they know who to go to.
It's stated they would collaborate with the OCE, the US, Russia and France to have cease fire.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2020
demolition:

A good read about the DSS recruitment saga.
https://twitter.com/segalink/status/1311870731475705856?s=19

is DSS recruiting to infiltrate the numerous ideologically deranged groups in the north east, north west?
With Nigeria, there are other scenarios possible, but this is the best case scenario.
One of the DSS core mandate is to defend the Federal Republic of Nigeria against domestic threats

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2020
ugo4u:
Zullum got intellegence reports that he'll be attacked yet he went ahead and it cost the lives of over 30 people.
When you talk some ANALysts will be yapping and theorising how Zullum took and oath to defend his people and how his job is not for the faint hearted. I guess he isn't under any obligation to make decisions to protect the security agents and aides that dies whenever he refuses to heed to Intels report.
Those that died during the journey can't be brought back, and the mission wasn't even successful. Had he listened to the security reports people won't have died needlessly. Yes, a governor should be up and doing especially in a situation that bothers on humanitarian crises, but clearance from security agents is paramount, esp when it is well known that the enemy effectively make use of IEDs/Mine to lay ambush on convoys and these efforts doubled when they know a VIP/High value target is their potential prey.
My own is that Zullum should please listen to security advisories, I know military personnel won't be happy with him whenever he goes against their advise, these guys are professionals for heaven's sake. Some of us are beginning to think that the Gov. is doing this to court media attention.
Tomorrow he will go to Abuja and praise Buhari then return to blame the military and be calling the Chadians to come and fight for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYO3HQ3oMXY

"A coward dies many times before his death"

Consider what you have presented in the bold.

From the minute you leave the somewhat safe sanctuary of Maiduguri city Area.

Anchoring my deduction on the information insights given by SamuelAnyawu. We can deduce that you are going to be attacked, you just do not know when.

That's not INTELLIGENCE that's stating the simplistic obvious. If you are in the NE you ate going to be attacked.

Have we decended so low that Boko can tell us, we are going to attack and then we have to run.

Who is the hunter and who is the hunted here please. It's like armed robbers writing you a letter they are coming on a visit and you are unable to prepare a murderous welcome party for them. So you abandon your house and run away.

Boko give and put out threats every day, what is shocking, we don't seem to be able to do anything about it. We know we will attacked, so we should be ready, willing and capable to carry out OFFENSIVE action to mitigate against Boko not just REPEL or DEFEND.

Gentleman and patriots the matter has gone completely out of control. Because we are DEFINITELY NO LONGER IN CONTROL.

Imagine the effrontery Boko will tell a sitting elected Governor you are not allowed to come to Baga and we have an Army.

17 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 9:38pm On Oct 02, 2020
komekn:

Anchoring my deduction on the information insights given by SamuelAnyawu. We can deduce that you are going to be attacked, you just do not know when.

That's not INTELLIGENCE that's stating the simplistic obvious. If you are in the NE you ate going to be attacked.

Have we defended so low that Boko can tell us, we are going to attack and then we have to run.

Who is the hunter and who is the hunted here please. It's like armed robbers writing you a letter they are coming on a visit and you are unable to prepare a murderous welcome party for them. So you abandon your house and run away.

Boko give and put out threats every day, what is shocking, we don't seem to be able to do anything about it. We know we will attacked, so we should be ready, willing and capable to carry out OFFENSIVE action to mitigate against Boko not just REPEL or DEFEND.

Fact.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Redemption1: 10:13pm On Oct 02, 2020
lagusboyyy:
what happened to him please?

I just noticed i don't see his post again, i had to check his profile, last seen was 2018.

May his soul rest in perfect peace.
he died that day he last logged in, Boko Haram killed him according to his wife

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lagusboyyy(m): 10:40pm On Oct 02, 2020
Redemption1:
so sad.

May his soul rest in peace.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:46pm On Oct 02, 2020
komekn:

Have we defended so low that Boko can tell us, we are going to attack and then we have to run.

Gentleman and patriots the matter has gone completely out or control. Because we are DEFINITELY NO LONGER IN CONTROL.

Imagine the effrontery Boko will tell a sitting elected Governor you are not allowed to come to Baga and we have an Army.

There is a town called Magumeri which is one hour drive from Maiduguri on Gubio-Damasak road.

ISWAP has warned they don't want any Military FOB there. Any day the military deploys soldiers there ISWAP attacks same day. Over a year now Soldiers were deployed twice and were dislodged by ISWAP.

The town has become a major supply route for ISWAP to move stuffs from Magumeri to Gudzamala to Kukawa and Abadam so they can avoid Monguno axis.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 10:48pm On Oct 02, 2020
Redemption1:
please how about siriiusblack. We never heard from him

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Mugiwaraluffy: 1:06am On Oct 03, 2020
Redemption1:
Come and continue your story.
Some of us are interested in the whole gist

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 2:34am On Oct 03, 2020
komekn:

Gentleman and patriots the matter has gone completely out of control. Because we are DEFINITELY NO LONGER IN CONTROL.

I would have given you a robust response but I don't think I have that strength. I know one of the security guys(Mopol) in his convoy that survived the ambush if he tells you what's going on I don't think you'll be making certain comments, for some reasons also I won't say certain things here.
You were anchoring your response to my post you ( highlighted ), and not the content of video posted which channels have taken down.
The pic I attached to this post punctures all you've written up there.
The problem I have with arm chair security analysts is the over theorisation of security matters, where caution is taken by experts in the game, automatically it's seen as cowardice by these set of "Civilian experts" that resides thousands of kilometres away from theatre of operation.
I sha blame Hollywood na them dey cause all these things. People will go and watch 24 and automatically think they know more than security agents some of who have spent their entire lives on security issues.
Nobody is saying Zullum shouldn't work for his people or he isn't doing a great job,
what most of us are saying is that he should take his security very serious; taking his security serious is not limited to moving about with 100s of security personnels, avoiding hot spots as a high value target is also a strategy on its own.
It will be a national disaster and shame especially to the security agents if ISWAP capture or kill him. Even if he must embark on such journeys then it should be limited to using helicopters(though there also risk factors because ISWAP have AAs).
The same people pushing him not listen to security advisories will be the first to start writing long epistles all over the media how useless our entire armed forces and security agents are.

PS: Read the headline slowly and carefully.
There is a big difference between Information and Intellegence

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 2:46am On Oct 03, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

There is a town called Magumeri which is one hour drive from Maiduguri on Gubio-Damasak road.

ISWAP has warned they don't want any Military FOB there. Any day the military deploys soldiers there ISWAP attacks same day. Over a year now Soldiers were deployed twice and were dislodged by ISWAP.

The town has become a major supply route for ISWAP to move stuffs from Magumeri to Gudzamala to Kukawa and Abadam so they can avoid Monguno axis.
Left for some people on this platform if Zullum wakes up one day and decide to visit Magumeri to check things for himself to help his people relocate they'll advise him to go ahead with the journey because he is a lover of his people and he can't die because he is a Governor.
Even Buratai as a military Chief with all the compliments of security architecture won't venture into some areas, in Borno it's not that he can't, e get why.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SerikinGamo: 7:16am On Oct 03, 2020
This Zulum matter just be one kind. I agree with komekn, but I also see ugo4u's point.

I think he should continue what he has been doing. The military needs to sit up and this incessant attacks on him should be a wake up call.

This war is currently in a stalemate and it's really difficult to defend some of the actions of the military especially the army

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 8:43am On Oct 03, 2020
Strangely, all other members of the multinational joint task force have been largely defensive. Let's just hope it is in preparation for a major offensive.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 9:15am On Oct 03, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Could you please help name the towns that are under BH/ISWAP control and those contested too.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:39am On Oct 03, 2020
NA BTR

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:01am On Oct 03, 2020
Honestly, Nigerian army needs to invest in long range artillery. Talk about around 60km range. Magumeri is just 45km from Maiduguri, 2 weeks of shelling guided by UAVs will soften the town up but sadly our best artillery don't even have up to 30km range.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:22am On Oct 03, 2020
An allegation from a former deputy governor that his governor receives $1.8 million or #750 million per month as security vote. We all should keep blaming federal government.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sbashir10(m): 10:33am On Oct 03, 2020
Random Question!!!

Please where is our Super Tucano aircraft? If I am not mistakening, it's been like 3yeats since we've been hearing of it, that we've actually purchased them. Since around 2017 or thereabouts.

I'd like anybody with idea to say something about it please, or is it that they were just audio buying or paying, because I don't understand why there'll be a C2C purchase and after 3 good years nothing.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 10:49am On Oct 03, 2020
Whyem15:
Honestly, Nigerian army needs to invest in long range artillery. Talk about around 60km range. Magumeri is just 45km from Maiduguri, 2 weeks of shelling guided by UAVs will soften the town up but sadly our best artillery don't even have up to 30km range.
Well if you ask me....It's not only the type of weapon you field that matters.
Take the chadian for Example obviously we're more equipped than them,But Ruthlessly deals with BHT.
We're not fighting a conventional war so for me there's really no need for Long range Artillery,if we change our tactics improve boost troops morale it will change the story.
NAF needs to do more of CAS than air interdiction.Although Most Air interdiction missions like RUWA WUTA1,2,3,4 Thunder strike ,Green sweep and also Hail strorm.
Has really dealt with ISWAP leaderships.
Especially Hailstorm and RUWA WUTA1 which saw the excessive use of drones.
But NAF needs to provide CAS for Nearly every Ground operation.Its pretty much more effective,

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SerikinGamo: 10:54am On Oct 03, 2020
Whyem15:

Why don't you advise them to kuku ma nuke the entire NE
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 11:15am On Oct 03, 2020
The Chadians are not better equipped than the Nigerian army, infact they're no where near us. The advantage they have over our military is that they have alot of experience in asymetric warfare than us, when it comes to conventional warfare they're a total wash out.
Chadians have being fighting insurgency for more than 30yrs, they understand the terrain better and their foot soldiers almost have same mentality as the terrorists they're fighting. Chadians don't mind using AA and other unconventional weapons on bokoharam/ISWAP against Geneva convention while our army tend to play by international rules because we have much at stake in the international community than Chad.
For me buying long range artilleries, AAs, SAMs etc is shouldn't be a priority our goal now should be focused on Intels gathering, achieving 24/7 surveillance over hotspots, buying proper fit for purpose vehicles (MRAPs, APC, IFVs) etc for moving troops and logistics, UAVs, UCAVs, Mine detectors, also we should invest in K9's.
I spoke to an SF guy stationed in the north east, he said the major problem they're facing is the fear of hitting IEDs, Bokoharam can't sustain a face off confrontation with the army, they hit you and retreat or lay ambush and seize weapons.
If we can overcome the issue of IEDs, and have a concatenated network of intels gathering we will achieve alot.

14 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SerikinGamo: 11:19am On Oct 03, 2020
ugo4u:
The Chadians are not better equipped than the Nigerian army, infact they're no where near us. The advantage they have over our military is that they have alot of experience in asymetric warfare than us, when it comes to conventional warfare they're a total wash out.
Chadians have being fighting insurgency for more than 30yrs, they understand the terrain better and their foot soldiers almost have same mentality as the terrorists they're fighting. Chadians don't mind using AA and other unconventional weapons on bokoharam/ISWAP against Geneva convention while our army tend to play by international rules because we have much at stake in the international community than Chad.
For me buying long range artilleries, AAs, SAMs etc is shouldn't be a priority our goal now should be focused on Intels gathering, achieving 24/7 surveillance over hotspots, buying proper fit for purpose vehicles (MRAPs, APC, IFVs) etc for moving troops and logistics, UAVs, UCAVs, Mine detectors, also we should invest in K9's.
I spoke to an SF guy stationed in the north east, he said the major problem they're facing is the fear of hitting IEDs, Bokoharam can't sustain a face off confrontation with the army, they hit you and retreat or lay ambush and seize weapons.
If we can overcome the issue of IEDs, and have a concatenated network of intels gathering we will achieve alot.

Well said, chadian army was built to fight this type of war. Guys, read up on the TOYOTA WAR and you'll get the gist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:33am On Oct 03, 2020
ugo4u:

yep you've said it now.. wink

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2020
Whyem15:
So that buhari would be shipped to the Hague come 2023 abi. Do you think everybody in magumeri is a terrorist?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 12:07pm On Oct 03, 2020
ugo4u:

been thinking about the IED stuff as well. IED detection and mine rollers along with an elite equipped ambush clearance team (if possible) would go a long way.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 12:15pm On Oct 03, 2020
Unpalatable truth.

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 1:36pm On Oct 03, 2020
ugo4u:
Unpalatable truth.

A ticking time bomb
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 3:00pm On Oct 03, 2020

There’s no logical explanation for why Colonel is pronounced or spelled that way. angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1385) (1386) (1387) (1388) (1389) (1390) (1391) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.