Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,137 members, 7,852,865 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:25 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3066585 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1387) (1388) (1389) (1390) (1391) (1392) (1393) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Grampss: 1:31am On Oct 05, 2020
bidexiii:
NN. Pictures;

Bruh you seem very well informed.... please id love to know if nn dssc officers can in some way join the sbs
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 9:49am On Oct 05, 2020
persius555:

I doubt this. The use of Radio Wave energy for operation by UAVs remains a huge disadvantage. Portable SDRs (Software Defined Radios) powered military equipment are in advanced research stage. They will help lay waste to UAVs in future warfare.

The Turkish UAV'S are already ahead of the game using electronic counter measures to jam Russian radar and give themselves near stealth capability.

Why couldn't the Russians shoot down the Turkish UAV's in Syria in any impactful numbers.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 9:58am On Oct 05, 2020
I find it incomprehensible as well as almost treacherous. Yet quite a few were giving me dogs abuse about my deductions.

That we spent $600 million on 12 turboprop aircraft of which it's taking 3/4 years to get the first one delivered.

We could have bought with $50 million 40 Chinese Wing Loong II UAV's in the HERE and NOW.

Bought refurbished used and upgraded SU25 with a few more heavy lift MI 8 helicopters.

Then used the rest to buy at least 2000 multiliple armoured vehicle platforms, MRAP'S, IFV'S, MBT's, APC's, LAV'S, etc. Some refurnished used and some new.

It's stark staringly obvious we HAVE LOST CONTROL of the NE.

If we had done that imagine the lives of our combatants that would have been saved.

Our house is on fire we need action now not tomorrow.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 10:36am On Oct 05, 2020
komekn:
I find it incomprehensible as well as almost treacherous. Yet quite a few were giving me dogs abuse about my deductions.

That we spent $600 million on 12 turboprop aircraft of which it's taking 3/4 years to get the first one delivered.

We could have bought with $50 million 40 Chinese Wing Loong II UAV's in the HERE and NOW.

Bought refurbished used and upgraded SU25 with a few more heavy lift MI 8 helicopters.

Then used the rest to buy at least 2000 multiliple armoured vehicle platforms, MRAP'S, IFV'S, MBT's, APC's, LAV'S, etc. Some refurnished used and some new.

If we had done that imagine the lives of our combatants that would have been saved.

the thing that is paining you is
1. It's turbo prop
2.its gonna take long to get all delivered ( obviously every one is upset about it even the CAS is trying to make sure there's timely delivery)
Times with number have I said the $600mil (which I don't think it's up to that amount) covers other areas not only for the Aircraft.
Also your alternative of 50 drones nahh I won't take it. Are we deploying them in swarms or what.what are we using 50 Loong wing drones for.
Even the 2000 ifv or Afv and others you mentioned are like waste. we're not at war with any country.
With the right tactics and Thinking on the field even guntrucks and mraps will do the job.
Look how the chadians operate less equipped than us but(According to you) uprooted iswap from their territory in months

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 10:48am On Oct 05, 2020
komekn:

[/b]That we spent $600 million on 12 turboprop aircraft of which it's taking 3/4 years to get the first one delivered. [b]

Here we go again,

''The record we have is that the Buhari’s administration paid $496,374,470 for a dozen Super Tucano fighter aircraft for the Air Force in a direct, government-to-government – no contractors or commission agents – transaction with the government of the United States of America. They are due for delivery in 2020,” the statement read.

https://www.thecable.ng/presidency-1bn-security-fund-withdrawn-eca-spent/amp

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 10:55am On Oct 05, 2020
komekn:

Correct me if I'm wrong: but I think it's late uncle Abacha that's paying for the super tucano, Uncle Sam wouldn't have returned late uncle's Abacha's money so easily, so Father Nigeria bought weapons, which is a win win for almost everybody.

And the amount isn't definitely 600 millions dollars, and it comes with lots of advance weapons systems and upgrade in capability, in good numbers and spare parts, and so on.

The sweetest thing I like about the tucano is that it's a turbo prop engine, which is best for what it's designed to do, loiter around the battle view, like and isr, gather intelligence and strike with more precision from standoff ranges. I hope you know most of our air strikes are wasted ammunition, with the super tucano, you have more precision and higher death toll on BHT.

The one thing I don't like about the super tucano deal, is the time frame to deliver.

Every other thing is very much okay,.

From my own point of view and limited knowledge.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 11:06am On Oct 05, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Correct me if I'm wrong: but I think it's late uncle Abacha that's paying for the super tucano, Uncle Sam wouldn't have returned late uncle's Abacha's money so easily, so Father Nigeria bought weapons, which is a win win for almost everybody.

And the amount isn't definitely 600 millions dollars, and it comes with lots of advance weapons systems and upgrade in capability, in good numbers and spare parts, and so on.

The sweetest thing I like about the tucano is that it's a turbo prop engine, which is best for what it's designed to do, loiter around the battle view, like and isr, gather intelligence and strike with more precision from standoff ranges. I hope you know most of our air strikes are wasted ammunition, with the super tucano, you have more precision and higher death toll on BHT.

The one thing I don't like about the super tucano deal, is the time frame to deliver.

well wrong!

the money was redrawn from the excess crude account (ECA) in late 2017

and i'm not too worried about the delivery time frame, seeing that we the contract was paid for, and awarded in 2018, the 2024 deadline encompasses training, the airforce base upgrade and weapons and ammunition delivery e.t.c

2024 is when they feel in principle, they can deliver the full package

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/252953-nigerian-govt-backtracks-says-controversial-1-billion-not-only-for-boko-haram-war.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 11:06am On Oct 05, 2020
Abeg last time this debate almost reached a month

Let's agree to disagree

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 11:07am On Oct 05, 2020
Toju200:
the thing that is paining you is
1. It's turbo prop
2.its gonna take long to get all delivered ( obviously every one is upset about it even the CAS is trying to make sure there's timely delivery)
Times with number have I said the $600mil (which I don't think it's up to that amount) covers other areas not only for the Aircraft.
Also your alternative of 50 drones nahh I won't take it. Are we deploying them in swarms or what.what are we using 50 Loong wing drones for.
Even the 2000 ifv or Afv and others you mentioned are like waste. we're not at war with any country.
With the right tactics and Thinking on the field even guntrucks and mraps will do the job.
Look how the chadians operate less equipped than us but(According to you) uprooted iswap from their territory in months
This 50 wing long drone,what about the cost of missiles, operational funding.etc.
When u add all this cost...most likely it will triple the amount for the turbo prop..
And pls, the 12 tucano don't cost 600 million....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandesward: 11:55am On Oct 05, 2020
lebuhsi:

well wrong!

the money was redrawn from the excess crude account (ECA) in late 2017

and i'm not too worried about the delivery time frame, seeing that we the contract was paid for, and awarded in 2018, the 2024 deadline encompasses training, the airforce base upgrade and weapons and ammunition delivery e.t.c

2024 is when they feel in principle, they can deliver the for package

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/252953-nigerian-govt-backtracks-says-controversial-1-billion-not-only-for-boko-haram-war.html

This particular deal wasn't paid for through ECA
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 12:15pm On Oct 05, 2020
Stephandesward:

This particular deal wasn't paid for through ECA

it was paid through the ECA, the presidency unanimously approved payment for the purchase from the ECA because of the deadline for payment by the US gov,

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/withdrawal-of-496m-for-12-a29-super-tucano-aircraft/

it was included in the $1bn defense intervention fund to quell executive-legislative tensions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandesward: 12:28pm On Oct 05, 2020
lebuhsi:

it was paid through the ECA, the presidency unanimously approved payment for the purchase from the ECA because of the deadline for payment by the US gov,

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/withdrawal-of-496m-for-12-a29-super-tucano-aircraft/

it was included in the $1bn defense intervention fund to quell executive-legislative tensions

Ohk

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
Fynline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l4kROF1DWI

Nothing spectacular even with the title
Is SBS also part of operation Awatse undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

The Super tucano is a beast.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2020
The kin thing that do happen in Nigeria eh... Make we just dey look and laugh grin

The security agency will be telling us they are winning against bandits and terrorists, but the situation on ground is always different.

A Colonel was kidnapped on the Abuja Kaduna expressway. I wander why the Colonel had to travel on such a very dangerous expressway in the night.

If you drive from Ikorodu to Ibadan using the ikorodu-itokin-ijebu ode-Ibadan expressway... A foreigner traveling on that road might start getting scared cause he might think there is a war taking place along that axis cause of the number of police checkpoints you will see on the road.

I've pass through the Abuja-kaduna expressway more than 5 times, once you start leaving Abuja till you get to Kaduna south, you won't see one single checkpoint there.

Though there are suppose to be MOPOLs on this road...

Darlington go com wail about this my little talk now grin

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 11:24pm On Oct 05, 2020
komekn:

The Turkish UAV'S are already ahead of the game using electronic counter measures to jam Russian radar and give themselves near stealth capability.

Why couldn't the Russians shoot down the Turkish UAV's in Syria in any impactful numbers.
The Pantsir-S1 radar system are pretty much outdated and by design were limited in distance coverage. The upgraded Pantsir-S1M and other versions have better coverage and capability.

Between Libya and Syria, almost 15 turkish Bayraktar TB2 were destroyed. A lot of research and investments are going both ways
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 1:30am On Oct 06, 2020
Is it just me or has BEEGEAGLE disappeared? Looks like he last tweeted, actually retweeted, 12 August.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 1:48am On Oct 06, 2020
Wing long vs Tucano once again. Una no dey tire?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 4:20am On Oct 06, 2020
Litmus:
Is it just me or has BEEGEAGLE disappeared? Looks like he last tweeted, actually retweeted, 12 August.
He has had some health issues in the past band he also a sibling ( Not sure whether he is twin )
But that set him back emotionally.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 1:38pm On Oct 06, 2020
LTGEN:

He has had some health issues in the past band he also a sibling ( Not sure whether he is twin )
But that set him back emotionally.

Thanks, LTGEN.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2020
Litmus:

Thanks, LTGEN.
Sorry I meant to say his Sibling passed away and that set him back.
He does have health issues .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by hypergamingyt: 5:02pm On Oct 06, 2020
Soon in Nigeria JF-17 Flying with F-16

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 6:11pm On Oct 06, 2020
Pakistan, which received the VT4 tank after Nigeria, has officially inducted it into service, before Nigeria.

https://quwa.org/2020/10/04/pakistan-officially-reveals-vt4-tank-induction-2/

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 6:36pm On Oct 06, 2020
We have recieved more equipmets from various sources as confirmed by the COAS

'These include the VT4 and ST1 tanks, the KIA light tactical vehicles as well as the proforce PF2, SH2 and SH5 self-propel artillery guns''

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/418788-nigerian-army-takes-delivery-of-more-equipment-buratai.html
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Hennynitan(m): 7:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
lebuhsi:
We have recieved more equipmets from various sources as confirmed by the COAS

'These include the VT4 and FT1 tanks, the KIA light tactical vehicles as well as the proforce PF2, SH2 and SH5 self-propel artillery guns''

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/418788-nigerian-army-takes-delivery-of-more-equipment-buratai.html

I think the FT1 is mistaken for ST1
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fufubear: 7:16pm On Oct 06, 2020
https://twitter.com/DejiAdesogan/status/1313509712911007744?s=19

They mentioned that they've established a drone command for the Army.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:05pm On Oct 06, 2020
Grampss:

Bruh you seem very well informed.... please id love to know if nn dssc officers can in some way join the sbs

dssc officers are not direct combatant men/officers you have to be a cadet officer, SSC or other forms of NCO’s.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:06pm On Oct 06, 2020
FIGHT AGAINST BANDITRY: CAS ASSESSES CONDUCT OF NEW SUBSIDIARY OPERATION KASHE MUGU 2 IN KADUNA, URGES AIR COMPONENT TO SUSTAIN ONSLAUGHT AGAINST ARMED BANDITS, COMMENDS CONTRIBUTION OF YOUNG PILOTS

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has tasked the Air Component of Operation THUNDER STRIKE (OPTS) to intensify its air strikes against armed bandits and other criminal elements in Kaduna and surrounding States with a view to ensuring a return of normalcy to troubled parts of the North West and North Central Zones of the Country. The CAS gave this charge today, 6 October 2020, while in Kaduna to assess the progress of the newly launched Operation KASHE MUGU 2, a subsidiary air interdiction operation aimed at neutralizing identified armed bandits’ hideouts in the forests and border areas between Kaduna and Zamfara States. The CAS, who witnessed the conduct of one of the waves of today’s attack missions, commended the pilots and support personnel for their efforts and the commendable results so far recorded. He however urged them to sustain the momentum of operations to ensure that there is no hiding place for the bandits. “You must continue to work assiduously, in synergy with sister Services and other security agencies, to smoke the criminals out of their enclaves and ensure that they are no longer able to stop law-abiding citizens from pursuing their legitimate aspirations”, he added.

Speaking to the Press after the attack aircraft had returned from the successful air interdiction mission, which resulted in the destruction of a camp and neutralization of several armed bandits at Fadaman Kanauta, Air Marshal Abubakar expressed satisfaction with the conduct of the operation, noting that the air strikes would be sustained to ensure that all identified camps are cleared. He disclosed that the Air Component would also continue to conduct Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions to identify all other camps which, he said, would be similarly taken out. The CAS noted that the overall objective was to ensure that Nigeria is secured and that no individual or group, whether terrorists or otherwise, undermines Nigeria’s sovereignty or the rights and values that Nigerians hold so dear.

Speaking further, the CAS especially lauded the efforts of the young pilots conducting the missions. He noted that, as a result of the current NAF Administration’s aggressive capacity building efforts, the Service now has a good number of competent young pilots across all its aircraft types, with officers in their twenties and early thirties being captains on the C-130H aircraft fleet as well as on aircraft in the Presidential Air Fleet, which was a marked departure from what obtained in the recent past, where Air Commodores and Air Vice Marshals were the only captains on such fleets. “Its all about capacity building. Once the capacity is there; the opportunity is given for young people to train and acquire the necessary skills, then the sky is the limit and that is what we have seen these young pilots do over the past few years”, he added.

The CAS, who was accompanied on the visit by the Chief of Training and Operations, AVM James Gwani; Chief of Aircraft Engineering, AVM Musibau Olatunji; as well as Chief of Logistics, AVM Mohammed Yakubu, and other senior officers from Headquarters NAF, had earlier been briefed on the conduct of the operation by the Air Officer Commanding Air Training Command, Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Musa Mukhtar, and the Air Component Commander OPTS, Wing Commander Mohammed Umar. The CAS also later inspected facilities at the 061 NAF Aeromedical Hospital as well as infrastructure at the Regiment Training Centre Kaduna.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations & Information
Nigerian Air Force
6 October 2020

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2020
More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
Concl

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 8:50pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hennynitan:

I think the FT1 is mistaken for ST1
oh!!!....yes, it is!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2020
Texman21:
Abeg last time this debate almost reached a month

Let's agree to disagree
In the name God Please let us let go of this argument.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1387) (1388) (1389) (1390) (1391) (1392) (1393) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.