Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,026 members, 7,852,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:38 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3065959 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) (1426) (1427) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 9:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
sanctity454:

Respect is reciprocal, when the military starts respecting its civilian population, they will get nothing but love.

Easy to say when you've never lost any member of your family in service to the nation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
Whyem15:

Easy to say when you've never lost any member of your family in service to the nation.
Losing a relative has nothing to do with being civil with people, you can't molest people and expect them to show you love, it wouldn't happen, the little respect the security agencies have in this country is given out of fear. You can debate it, but its a fact. If you want change, the military hierarchy must improve it's public relation with the public. Simple as ABC.

20 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JohnBullMySon: 10:14pm On Oct 31, 2020
Whyem15:
Was checking Twitter a while ago and reading comments about the US rescue op
Honestly, many Nigerians do not deserve the sacrifices of our soldiers. The military is far from being perfect but many of these soldiers paid the ultimate price in exchange for our safety and they still get rubbished for doing that. If you feel it is easy to do, join the army.
I have never seen citizens of any other country do this to their servicemen.
Few years ago, terrorists operated freely in several states in the country with attacks in the capital. The whole country lived in fear of bomb attacks and several organizations invested in bom detecting devices. This people sacrificed their lives for the peace many of us currently enjoy.
The Chinese military killed Chinese citizens at tiananmen Square. Egyptian soldiers killed Egyptians in rabaa Square but you will never see citizens of this countries rubbishing their soldiers.
How much do we pay them thatis worth the lives they are risking for us ? How equipped are they for the "job" we expect them to do?
Many of us are just senseless.
be there and be comparing 1989 tiananmen protests that even brought economic reforms to China back then when it was underdeveloped. Egypt massacre was a political affair on a minority, just like shite, that's why you will not here about it.

To your opinion, yes people are justified to hate the military. In lekki people don't know about Bokoharam or bandits. The only killers they know are the military. You can't be killing and be protecting someone at the same time. It shows you that the reason many are soldiers is not to protect anybody, but rather to be paid salary, if your aim is to protect someone, you would not have the heart to kill Them. Nigerian army is not perfect, so it is the perfect civilians that should celebrate while being killed because they are fighting Bokoharam?? No blame citizens at all, na them put us for this situation. If you don't want to blame the army, then blame government that is sending poor soldiers to soil their name and then denying. As for people who are blaming military, they are right.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rugged7(m): 10:19pm On Oct 31, 2020
Thank you very much.
I've forgotten how full of government sycophants this nairaland military page is.
Its nauseating as usual.

JohnBullMySon:
be there and be comparing 1989 tiananmen protests that even brought economic reforms to China back then when it was underdeveloped. Egypt massacre was a political affair on a minority, just like shite, that's why you will not here about it.

To your opinion, yes people are justified to hate the military. In lekki people don't know about Bokoharam or bandits. The only killers they know are the military. You can't be killing and be protecting someone at the same time. It shows you that the reason many are soldiers is not to protect anybody, but rather to be paid salary, if your aim is to protect someone, you would not have the heart to kill Them. Nigerian army is not perfect, so it is the perfect civilians that should celebrate while being killed because they are fighting Bokoharam?? No blame citizens at all, na them put us for this situation. If you don't want to blame the army, then blame government that is sending poor soldiers to soil their name and then denying. As for people who are blaming military, they are right.

13 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:27pm On Oct 31, 2020
JohnBullMySon:

They can't refuse orders and they didn't go there of their own freewill to kill civilians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JohnBullMySon: 10:27pm On Oct 31, 2020
sanctity454:

Losing a relative has nothing to do with being civil with people, you can't molest people and expect them to show you love, it wouldn't happen, the little respect the security agencies have in this country is given out of fear. You can debate it, but its a fact. If you want change, the military hierarchy must improve it's public relation with the public. Simple as ABC.
No respect at all. Only fear and hatred. The only soldier wey dey give me joy for this Nigeria na that IG air force guy, soldier and police problems just too much in this country.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:30pm On Oct 31, 2020
rugged7:
Thank you very much.
I've forgotten how full of government sycophants this nairaland military page is.
Its nauseating as usual.

This is politics to you?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JohnBullMySon: 10:33pm On Oct 31, 2020
Whyem15:

They can't refuse orders and they didn't go there of their own freewill to kill civilians.
at least no blame civilians, people died peacefully protesting for the good of their country as well.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 10:39pm On Oct 31, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

What if I tell you that it was a Co-Op. The so-called kidnapped guy is one of them US operatives, with gps location implant in body. The man has a farm in Niger. Since when did Americans start farming in Niger. Nigerians who have not lived abroad do not know the real nature of the white man.

So, how did they trace him pin-point if he was not one of them. That is the reason why Knowledgeable goons have deserted the thread. Because if you talk, rather than learn, they will come with stones.

Their aim is to embarass Nigeria. But alas, they will fail. Same way they are blocking NOI at WTO
you are speaking rubbish

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 10:42pm On Oct 31, 2020
Whyem15:
Honestly, many Nigerians do not deserve the sacrifices of our soldiers. The military is far from being perfect but many of these soldiers paid the ultimate price in exchange for our safety and they still get rubbished for doing that. If you feel it is easy to do, join the army.
Few years ago, terrorists operated freely in several states in the country with attacks in the capital. The whole country lived in fear of bomb attacks and several organizations invested in bom detecting devices. This people sacrificed their lives for the peace many of us currently enjoy.
The Chinese military killed Chinese citizens at tiananmen Square. Egyptian soldiers killed Egyptians in rabaa Square but you will never see citizens of this countries rubbishing their soldiers.
How much do we pay them thatis worth the lives they are risking for us ? How equipped are they for the "job" we expect them to do?
lol. Oga, it didn't say the Nigerian Army. It said the governments of the US, Niger, and Nigeria. It means that they notified some elements they may need Nigeria airspace or cross its boundary via Niger.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 11:37pm On Oct 31, 2020
Did trumps poll went up?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 11:54pm On Oct 31, 2020
BabaOwen:
After days of extensive reporting, PREMIUM TIMES can now paint a clearer picture of what happened at the Lekki Toll Gate on October 20.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/423823-investigation-bullets-blood-death-untold-story-of-what-happened-at-lekki-toll-gate.html

Sickening, absolutely sickening

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ddream6627(m): 12:05am On Nov 01, 2020
Whyem15:
thank God you include yourself,so because they are not totally equipped they should be killing us abi here in ilorin come and see how one of them beats of one my guy in his shop today because of a stupid curfew.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ddream6627(m): 12:07am On Nov 01, 2020
Whyem15:

wtf no be by force to serve your country bro

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 12:28am On Nov 01, 2020
https://peoplesgazette.com/exclusive-soldier-who-warned-against-shooting-endsars-protesters-transferred-to-defence-intelligence/

Lance Corporal Harrison Friday - One good soldier

One good soldier against the tyrant
One good soldier against evil
One good soldier to speak against Injustice
One good soldier not afraid of truth

For truth sets us free
For truth will always remain true
In the day or night, truth rings true
In sleep or wide awake truth is not new.

Truth is as old as time itself, seeking courageous bodies to inhabit
Just as evil seeks to wreck the minds of the feeble and weak
We call it valiant when a gun holding soldier shoots a gun holding terrorist
What do we call a soldier that speaks up for the unarmed he swore to protect

Is there only one good soldier?
Is there only one good soldier, not only ready to lay down life for country
but also ready to speak out against evil and injustice.
Is there only one good soldier?

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBloodAxe: 1:11am On Nov 01, 2020
Sizzorkay:
So can you please tell us who is keeping BH and Iswap away from occupying the whole country? Who are those cowards that's been defending Maiduguri? I will like to hear your answer, since our soldiers are only good at killing and beating civilians.
You're not so smart. The Nigerian armed forces swore an oath to defend Nigeria and Nigerians and not to kill them. What we have here is d opposite. And please don't bring that sentiment of the army keeping BH from occupying maiduguri and the country...if the army was worth it's noise then BH/ISWAP wouldn't even exist as i reply this mention. Truth is bitter undecided

15 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 1:37am On Nov 01, 2020
I better go read my books then grin, thank you for your observation Chief . I wanna be smart like you when i grow up grin
EricBloodAxe:

You're not so smart. The Nigerian armed forces swore an oath to defend Nigeria and Nigerians and not to kill them. What we have here is d opposite. And please don't bring that sentiment of the army keeping BH from occupying maiduguri and the country...if the army was worth it's noise then BH/ISWAP wouldn't even exist as i reply this mention. Truth is bitter undecided

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBloodAxe: 1:45am On Nov 01, 2020
Sizzorkay:
I better go read my books then grin, thank you for your observation Chief . I wanna be smart like you when i grow up grin
Please do. Have a goodnight.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 2:07am On Nov 01, 2020
Thanks, you too, before you sleep though, think it through and realize that it's idiotic to generalize, there are thousands of good troops out there right now in the trenches fighting for that same country, you are going to bed, they sleep in a ditch, if they can even get enough shut eyes that is, serving us.
When you wake up in the morning, say thank you to them.
Sleep tight Sule.

EricBloodAxe:

Please do. Have a goodnight.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 4:56am On Nov 01, 2020
Faithful007:
The thing is that the Nigerian military need to start owning up so as to regain the trust of their citizens. See the way the US value their own servicemen. once you identify as one in the airport or other public places, automatic preferential treatment. But in Nigeria, any respect people have for them is just coded fear and hatred. The Airforce is beginning to get things right a bit. They're the Nigerian service branch i love most. The army are still being openly stupid at times. The other day i saw them forcing citizens to sing, while it looked funny, it was still a subtle way of being brutal, yet nothing was said about it.

So long as our military is heavily tied to the destructive nature of our politics, we shouldn't expect drastic change anytime soon.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 01, 2020
When the Chinese army started shooting people at Tiananmen square, the Chinese people started retaliating immediately on that same day. Soldiers were killed. in fact, thousands of them got injured.

China was sanctioned by the Western nations and an arms embargo was place on them. But since that incident, have such a thing happen in China again

Don't also forget the Communist part engage those protesters in dialogue for more than 3 months. They didn't start sending thugs or military personnel to kill them immediately.

How can someone be comparing a communist run country to that of a democratic led Government, where freedom of speech, association, to protest etc are fully allowed.

The communist party secretary controling things in Shanghai was promoted to the party secretary (a very high rank) just because he subdued the students protesting in his area largely without violence.

Here in Nigeria, in 1999 soldiers went to odi, killed almost everybody they found in the village. It happened in Zaki biam again in Benue state.

Is this the way we will continue in this country ni? undecided

How Nigerian soldiers just feel they need to be aggressive towards civilians is what I do not understand I've talk about the way police were going about shooting people dead just last month, they said they were retaliating the deaths of their other colleagues. One person com dey open him mouth they talk about Wetin happen in the 1980's in a Communist led country grin

13 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 01, 2020
Is this the way we will continue bayi sad The way am looking at it now, peaceful protesters that died in Ikeja and lekki might never get justice.

I just hope the EU and USA is monitoring things closely. Let sanctions be place on GMB and his family, includding sanwo olu and his family, including most APC members and the Nigeria military as a whole.

It should be done in a way that, it will be so hard for China or Russia to even sell arms to us.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 01, 2020
The Nigerian military is a voluntary organisation, I didn't force or beg anybody to join the military on my behalf to fight for me. Anybody that is tired can resign. Some even bribe their way into the military, forge and present fake certificate to join the military all in the name of fighting for me... Make una dey deceive unaself grin

One day we won't be able to take all this brutality again, and we the Nigerian people will rise up and fight back. It will be brutality for brutality, death for death, violence for violence. Not only the military personnel will be affected, their families, politicians and their families, police men and their families etc.

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBloodAxe: 8:21am On Nov 01, 2020
[s]
Sizzorkay:
Thanks, you too, before you sleep though, think it through and realize that it's idiotic to generalize, there are thousands of good troops out there right now in the trenches fighting for that same country, you are going to bed, they sleep in a ditch, if they can even get enough shut eyes that is, serving us.
When you wake up in the morning, say thank you to them.
Sleep tight Sule.

[/s]
Please don't quote me again with this sentimental crap. If any one is in the trenches it's not my business. It's his job and he signed for it. Don't come to me with this bullshit about me going to bed while someone can't shut his eyes. If they're tired of battle then they can go awol or resign and go home angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:40am On Nov 01, 2020
EricBloodAxe:

Please don't quote me again with this sentimental crap. If any one is in the trenches it's not my business. It's his job and he signed for it. Don't come to me with this bullshit about me going to bed while someone can't shut his eyes. If they're tired of battle then they can go awol or resign and go home angry
Wow.in as much,there are bad eggs,there are good guys too.e.g late col.abu-ali.I feel your pain,i know how it feels to see your fellow countrymen falling from bullets that are bought with tax payers money.i am not against your thoughts,i just wanna say,not all soldiers are bad guys.the nigerian military life is just like the nigerian civillian life.the people who are at the top call the shots,they are corrupt.i hope you see.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 8:48am On Nov 01, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

What if I tell you that it was a Co-Op. The so-called kidnapped guy is one of them US operatives, with gps location implant in body. The man has a farm in Niger. Since when did Americans start farming in Niger. Nigerians who have not lived abroad do not know the real nature of the white man.

So, how did they trace him pin-point if he was not one of them. That is the reason why Knowledgeable goons have deserted the thread. Because if you talk, rather than learn, they will come with stones.

Their aim is to embarass Nigeria. But alas, they will fail. Same way they are blocking NOI at WTO

Were you a Guinea pig in your former life? how did you summon this rubbish?

14 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 9:16am On Nov 01, 2020
BabaOwen:
The Nigerian military is a voluntary organisation, I didn't force or beg anybody to join the military on my behalf to fight for me. Anybody that is tired can resign. Some even bribe their way into the military, forge and present fake certificate to join the military all in the name of fighting for me... Make una dey deceive unaself grin

One day we won't be able to take all this brutality again, and we the Nigerian people will rise up and fight back. It will be brutality for brutality, death for death, violence for violence. Not only the military personnel will be affected, their families, politicians and their families, police men and their families etc.

The brutality will end when we get the right leader. A kind of leader who knows what is right & wrong and sticks to the right side. Not Buhari's type.
So let's die the matter abeg. You don try smiley

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 9:27am On Nov 01, 2020
jpphilips:

Were you a Guinea pig in your former life? how did you summon this rubbish?

You, your Father and your Mother are Guinea Pigs in this life.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 9:29am On Nov 01, 2020
jpphilips:

Use that level you cant write here and kill Shekau for us, you know you will get N10m for doing that right?

Is your father a Guinea Pig for not educating you.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 9:30am On Nov 01, 2020
jpphilips:

We arent doing it because we want to, but global counter terror initiative we are expected to abide by to give COIN a human face, we need their arms & intl support so not doing it has dire consequences, do you really know how Jonathan ended up in an arms embargo, besides', the rule of engagement is clear on a surrendered forced conscripted combatant, not all terrorists qualify for rehabilitation.
You must be abducted, forced to fight, willfully surrender, give substantial info against the insurgents before you qualify, they supply most of the info that take out insurgent leaders you hear in the news, their current asset value far out weighs their crime in the past, furthermore such vital information form the skeleton of actionable intelligence in dismantling the sect from inside saving countless lives, sometimes you take a hand shake from the devil to cross a river, Have you heard of the US institute of peace? what do you think they do? That program is an insurance for human rights violations, Life is not fair!!

Are you a Guinea Pig for writing this nonsense.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 9:30am On Nov 01, 2020
jpphilips:

Life is not a movie!!

Says someone whose Father is a Guinea Pig.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 9:31am On Nov 01, 2020
jpphilips:

Done severally, scout team ended up being ambushed themselves, without the troop behind them, its a suicide mission, except when they have the training to operate behind enemy lines, in that case you are requesting a special forces deployment on a road like Maiduguri-Monguno or Maiduguri-Damboa? do you have any idea how long they are? how many men it will take?
That's like a WW1 strategy, modern warfare requires eyes in the sky then a quick reaction force to neutralize.
Your suggestion will return more body bags.

Says someone whose mother is a Guinea Pig.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1421) (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) (1426) (1427) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.