Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,439 members, 7,861,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:08 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3074068 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1442) (1443) (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2020
seankafor:
sometimes your comments irks me and make me think you re one of the propaganda arms of the terrorists groups..

If we aren't fighting insurgency in Nigeria? Maybe the troops in the northeast are there for Olympics games? undecided
Abi no be same villagers dey harbour these dare devils and give them Intel's?
That guy exaggerates a lot ..it hard to know fact frim cooked up stories.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:33pm On Nov 29, 2020
Toju200:
You too like enjoyment grin

Guy deep field boring oh. It can lead to mental and psychological issues I swear. Two months now I've not seen Maiduguri. Funnily enough, I'm not moving out till January 2021. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2020
Toju200:
you really don't know what to say...
Most people don't know how this rehab stuff works still I don't support it.even soilders don't
[/b]A recent operation when NA special forces dealt with ISWAP in magumeri the terrorists they captured was used to do shooting practice

That murder...Soldiers should avoid documenting stuff like that.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sbashir10(m): 3:48pm On Nov 29, 2020
BabaOwen:
If I am the president I will give an order for the General commanding that military hospital to be retired immediately. We wan try solve a serious issue, yet the army they do like this... Chai!! shocked
He has been retired from bring gen to Major general, thanks to you!!!.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2020
sbashir10:

A clueless man is presently the commander in chief of the armed forces, so what do you expect?

44 people were killed in Borno last week.

Let me share the story of one of the people that lost his leg through the blank bullets the Nigerian army fired.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2020
sbashir10:

A 23-year-old man who claims to be a victim of Lekki Toll Gate shooting tells ADEBAYO FOLORUNSHO-FRANCIS that the subsequent amputation of his right leg is a nightmare he has been unable to wake up from
Twenty-three-year-old Olalekan Faleye, a survivor of the shooting that attended the peaceful #ENDSARS protest at Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos, says he has become an amputee after the gunshot injuries he sustained to the leg on Tuesday, October 20, 2020.

He had undergone surgical amputation of his bullet-ridden right leg.

The shooting incident had attracted national and international outcry, with the Lagos State and Federal governments being urged to unravel the identity of the shooters and who deployed them.

Speaking exclusively with PUNCH HealthWise a few days after he was discharged from the National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi, Lagos, Olalekan said until the Lekki shooting, he had temporarily worked as a labourer with a construction company in Ikoyi to raise money for his ‘freedom’ as an apprentice cobbler.

He also planned to use whatever was left after his freedom ceremony to rent a shop where he could carry out his cobbler trade.

“Any time we had little or nothing to do at the construction site, I would join the #ENDSARS protesters at Lekki Toll Gate to demonstrate against Police brutality and bad governance.

“I recalled attending the protest on three different occasions (October 15, 16 and 17) before the soldiers’ invasion on October 20,” he said.

Struck by soldiers’ bullet

Looking pale and sad, he struggled to recollect the incident of the Black Tuesday, saying the whole episode still feels like a bad dream.

“They (soldiers) arrived in a group and, without warning, started shooting at us. As people ran helter-skelter, I recalled hearing the protest coordinators screaming, ‘Don’t panic, sit on the floor together and keep waving the Nigerian flag.’

“But it was too late. People panicked when they saw the soldiers advancing and shooting at us.

“In the panic that ensued, I was hit on the right leg by a stray bullet. The force of the shot was so intense that I found myself on the ground, writhing in pain and with so much blood gushing out of my leg.

“I was there for some seconds, feeling weak and fatigued, before some fellow protesters came to my rescue. I was held by both hands and legs as they continued running while also dodging the flying bullets,” he said.

Olalekan disclosed that after his bullet-riddled leg was tied up with what looked like a shirt, he was rushed along with three other victims of the shooting to Vedic Hospital in Lekki.

“At Vedic, I was denied admission when the medical official saw the state of my bloodied leg,” he alleged.

The 23-year-old said he kept getting weaker as he was being conveyed by the rescue team in search of another hospital.

“That was how I ended up at Grandville Trauma Centre. After examining the leg, one of the doctors who attended to me announced that my limb was in a sorry state because the high-velocity projectile forcefully pierced through the muscles and blood vessels in my leg from one end before coming out at the other end.

“Consequently, I was asked to drop the contact of my parent or guardian because of the complex nature of my case,” he said.

Olalekan’s diagnosis at Grandville

Olalekan’s medical statement, which was written on Grandville’s letterhead and secured by our correspondent, states, “To whom it may concern, OLALEKAN FALEYE MALE/23 years. The above-named patient presented to our facility four days ago (20/10/2020) around 23.28pm due to a gunshot injury to his (R) leg in about 2 hours after the incident.

“He sustained this injury as a result of his involvement in the #ENDSARS protest that occurred at the Lekki toll gate.

“He was initially taken to Vedic Hospital and then brought in here for further management.

“On presentation, GCS 15/15 O2 Sat; 98% pain and severe bleeding from the gunshot site with a point of entry and exit of the bullet. He was unable to lift his leg and move his toes.

“Diagnosis made was (i) leg injury from gunshot (ii) imminent compartment syndrome.”

The medical paper which was signed by a certain Dr. Adebayo and countersigned by Dr. Umukoro further reads, “An exploratory fasciotomy was done on the right lower limb to litigate severed blood vessels. Five units of packed RBCs were transfused over the course of admission as the patient came in with Hb of 5.6g/cll. No pulse (dorsal pedis, tibia post and ant. Arteries) was felt.

“Patient was placed on antibiotics (IV Rocephin, IV Flagyl, treated for malaria (Im arthemeter 160mg) and analgesics.

“Patients relatives have been counselled on the need for an amputation of the patient’s leg but they would need a second opinion. For further clarifications and enquiries, kindly call the hospital.”

Experts say a fasciotomy or fasciectomy is a surgical limb-saving procedure when used to treat acute compartment syndrome.

https://punchng.com/my-leg-was-amputated-after-i-was-shot-at-lekki-toll-gate-23-year-old-cobbler/

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Salatavor: 4:03pm On Nov 29, 2020
iboboyswag:

Sometimes it is better to keep quiet than speak only to expose your stupidity.

You and your band of hateful, vile mercenaries see nothing good in all that is good. Nigeria go survive, our armed forces go succeed whether you like or want it or not.
Nobody said Nigeria will not be great stop being a sympathy gathering wimp. Nigeria been better has everything to do with people airing their view. If your view is that people saying things are not the best that they should be are haters of the nation. Then it is regrettable how efforts put into paying your academic tuition fees have turned out useless...

You want a great Nigeria? Speak against Police brutality, speak against the insecurities in the North, speak against corruption and most of all stop coming online to deceive yourself and massage your ego anytime the military procures outdated piece of hardware which usually always end up killing good men...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:13pm On Nov 29, 2020
This Military Helicopter should take it easy na. My Beer table dey shake grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NewDelhi(m): 4:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
NuraSambo:
The Nigerian Soldier Ants are more interested in fighting fake news rather than terrorists.
Honestly this their Twitter handler isn't professional at all. Any little thing, he's quick to tag it as fake news. Most times he ends up making a mockery of himself.

He should be called to order. Littering everything with the "fake news" watermark is getting too much.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2020
Last last, we go realize say the solution to our problem isn't really force. We are only treating symptoms and not the cause of the problems and even doing poorly at that.

Instead of apportioning blames to different people/groups for the unfortunate incident, why not discuss a viable solution to solve the security problems?

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:51pm On Nov 29, 2020
NuraSambo:
Being Patriotic shouldn't stop you from speaking truth to power. Being loyal shouldn't make you become an hypocrite.
If only you followed your own advice, we wouldn't be here would we?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 5:27pm On Nov 29, 2020
Where the hell did UN get her figures from

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Raaven: 6:04pm On Nov 29, 2020
edit
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 29, 2020
Cannonleo:
How on earth is this happening

Our Tucanons forfeited over a runway

https://punchng.com/naf-runway-cant-carry-tucano-fighter-jet-493m-payment-threatened/?amp=1
the fvcking heading... Smh!!!

Any article that stats the Tucano is a fighter jet can't be trusted!! grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by horlams: 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
klhazhik:
Well, this days, I'm no more amazed when Some bad news come out of the N.E and I see some monikers throwing grammars all around to castigate the Armed Force's effort to sustaining peace and sanity in the region.

Same people will be the first to criticize The Armed Forces when having a bad day...

One even talk about the said 20.10.2020 Lekki Massacre.
A massacre with no dead nor missing person confirmed!

Rest in Peace to the Dead, but Do you ask yourself how BH/ISWAP were still able to disappear in the middle of Clearance Operations?

Abi them be Ghost?

Las las, na still some of this so called Villagers/Farmers dey spy give them BH/ISWAP!

Does your last statement justify the killings? You guys disrespect the dead so much. The troops are trying, this event is just unfortunate.

The major problem is not with the armed forces, the problem is political will. We saw what happened in 2015 when there was political will

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by horlams: 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2020
Whyem15:
Last last, we go realize say the solution to our problem isn't really force. We are only treating symptoms and not the cause of the problems and even doing poorly at that.

Instead of apportioning blames to different people/groups for the unfortunate incident, why not discuss a viable solution to solve the security problems?

Economic revitalization and human capacity development should be the long term solutions,but for now what we need is massive military operations.

The solution now is a relentless offensive at a scale larger than what we had before the 2015 elections. After we've driven the terrorists out of the border, full time border surveillance and counter measures can be put in place

All these hanky panky of repentance is not just it, the Yorubas have a proverb that sums this up well but can't type it. The security threat must be eliminated before any development can take place

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2020
jln115:
the fvcking heading... Smh!!!

Any article that stats the Tucano is a fighter jet can't be trusted!! grin grin grin
A local paper once called the Alpha jet as "a fighter jet travelling at the speed" of sound. grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:16pm On Nov 29, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:
This Military Helicopter should take it easy na. My Beer table dey shake grin grin
they are going to do the Lord's work cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2020
NuraSambo:
You do not want to talk about how gallant the Nigerian Solider Ants were when they opened live rounds on protesting youths whose only offence was to demand for an end to police brutality and bad governance; youths whose act of aggression was merely singing the country's anthem and waving the flag.

Weeks later and still no conclusive proof of that....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2020
NuraSambo:
The Nigerian Soldier Ants are more interested in fighting fake news rather than terrorists.

Debunking Fake News is very important becuase fake news can be just as dangerous as an insurgency just in a different way.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2020
GeneralFarouq:

Everything bad that happens in Africa especially Nigeria will be exaggerated beyond belief in global news.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2020
LTGEN:
You wouldn't know that a Multi fighter Plane called the JF-17 will be in Nigeria Shortly

Some few weeks ago, you said it boldly and with confidence that the JF17 will start landing from November 2020, now you Don change mouth again. November still get 1 day left sha, e fit still land tomorrow, no lose faith grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JohnBullMySon: 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2020
AskiaHarem:

Debunking Fake News is very important becuase fake news can be just as dangerous as an insurgency just in a different way.
is the news really fake? That's what you should be asking.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:49pm On Nov 29, 2020
BabaOwen:
Some few weeks ago, you said it boldly and with confidence that the JF17 will start landing from November 2020, now you Don change mouth again. November still get 1 day left sha, e fit still land tomorrow, no lose faith grin
it will still come na whether Nov or Dec that one is not issue

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:49pm On Nov 29, 2020
BabaOwen:
it will still come na whether Nov or Dec that one is not issue grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 29, 2020
iboboyswag:

We look but see differently...
Lol grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 29, 2020
iboboyswag:

But, you see, I saw it clearly when Hilary Clinton chose to comment... I saw it like the guy on twitter that truly what they did with the Arab spring was attempted right under our noses but through sheer grace and uncommon favour, we escaped with only a nick.

All this conspiracy theory people grin

Were the protesters supported and funded by the US, EU, PDP or abi nah Atiku dey sponsor the protesters?

I just love social media grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2020
kabe1:

This country was burning, I was constantly calling for peace on here.

Asking for evidence, the rush of blood to the head, completely ruining our country. For what reason you might ask?

Look at Rivers state, descending into tribal clashes.

Look at Edo state, 2 prisons flung open. Criminals bounced out.

Imagine the killers of Uwa, the Uniben student that was brutally raped and killed, here killers would also have bounced out of prison.

25 people dead in Benin this week due to cult clashes.

Negotiations has always been key, dialogue is the answer.

In a multiethnic country like Nigeria, things can easily turn tribal, who wins at the end of the day?

All Nigerians, government and people will lose. This is the fact!!!
All this won't have happened if soldiers were not sent to lekki.

The protest was turning violence in other cities across the country. Why was soldiers sent to Lekki, why did they fire blank shot that leads to people getting injured and killed.

If that incident didn't happen in lekki on that night, the protest won't have turn out the way it did.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2020
horlams:

Economic revitalization and human capacity development should be the long term solutions,but for now what we need is massive military operations.

The solution now is a relentless offensive at a scale larger than what we had before the 2015 elections. After we've driven the terrorists out of the border, full time border surveillance and counter measures can be put in place

All these hanky panky of repentance is not just it, the Yorubas have a proverb that sums this up well but can't type it. The security threat must be eliminated before any development can take place

Like Samuel said days ago, a terrorist without his gun is just another villager. They will just lay low during the offensive only to reorganize when the offensive stops and conditions are favorable.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 8:25pm On Nov 29, 2020
GeneralFarouq:
because lie Mohammed controls the media(Nigeria)

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by horlams: 8:31pm On Nov 29, 2020
Whyem15:

Like Samuel said days ago, a terrorist without his gun is just another villager. They will just lay low during the offensive only to reorganize when the offensive stops and conditions are favorable.

That's why I said relentless offensive. And except if they are highly trained(which I doubt) how long do you think they can lay low without terrorizing people? You know they derive pleasure from doing just that right?

How are they going to reorganize when there's continuous surveillance, mop ups and busting of illegal trade routes similar to what Algeria is doing?

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iboboyswag(m): 8:47pm On Nov 29, 2020
BabaOwen:
All this conspiracy theory people grin

Were the protesters supported and funded by the US, EU, PDP or abi nah Atiku dey sponsor the protesters?

I just love social media grin

I knew you were going to come out with your real face soon.

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1442) (1443) (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Exnavyboy62

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.