Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,590 members, 7,861,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:58 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3074546 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1506) (1507) (1508) (1509) (1510) (1511) (1512) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 26, 2021
The new COAS performance was woeful in the North East.

There are far more competent officers, officers that perform better than him in the North East.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2021
Litmus:

Others will dance for them, unfortunately.

Poor people don’t start wars, poor people complain then fight in wars organised by wealthier individuals, organisations and forign Nations for themselves, exploiting those poor people’s complaints. In many instances the poor don’t even complain, preferring or obliged by circumstances to concentrate on the work at hand in order to feed themselves, families or communities. The wealthier individuals, organisations and foreign Nations comes along and point out to these poor their supposed suffering in comparison to the better available to them if they would but rise up. Poor people dont have the means to fight wars.

The cost of a single Ak would provide the means to start good business for many a poor individual brainwashed by the better off to pick up that Ak not to mention the additional cost of ammunition, fatigue, food maintenance etc.
True but only the wise will understand this points you made

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 4:38pm On Jan 26, 2021
Please when is the retirement due for the mis-cuing general without a flag?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MUTERIKA(m): 5:09pm On Jan 26, 2021
Tobiloba2407:
Please when is the retirement due for the mis-cuing general without a flag?
early FEBRUARY , probably next two weeks.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 5:14pm On Jan 26, 2021
It is sad we have to see some brilliant officers go. All officers ranking above the new service chiefs will be retired. People like Gen. Lamidi Adeosun.
We will also miss the immediate past CAS.
I just hope that their services can be employed by the office of the NSA. They are too valuable and experienced to let go like that. sad.

Then I also hope Irabor and Attahiru will pardon Gen. Adeniyi.

The challenges faced by the new service chiefs while they were in the northeast is their best assets to Nigeria. They will be able to provide solutions to these challenges.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 5:28pm On Jan 26, 2021
Odunayaw:
I'm so happy seeing Irabor as CDS!

It's a ceremonial role, he should have been COAS.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 5:30pm On Jan 26, 2021
lebuhsi:

Babagana Monguno has to go as NSA though

Including the head of DSS.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 5:32pm On Jan 26, 2021
kabe1:

It's a ceremonial role, he should have been COAS.
No it isn't. Azazi wasn't in any way a ceremonial CDS. It depends on the man and his CinC

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 5:46pm On Jan 26, 2021
ugo4u:
Sadique Abubakar has written his name with a Golden ink. Unarguably the best Air Chief in Nigeria's history, the incoming CAS will be under alot of pressure to match his feat. I think he should have being appointed the CDS(He deserves it) but the power that be knows what's best.
Buratai also did well save for human rights records under his watch as for CNS, No comment.

Sadiq Abubakar is the best CAS we've had since the creation of Nigeria. The man totally reformed our Air Force, made it professional and modern.

In terms of PR, the Air Force cleaned up the image of the military in many ways than once. I wish they can keep him on as a consultant.

Burutai also tried his best to build a well armed army, he drove indigenous industrialization, and worked towards building a self sufficient army.

However in terms of training, troop rotation and generally professionalism of the force, he failed.

The incoming COAS should build on his legacy, also work hard on structuring a professional army, well equipped with proper training and with a sound PR structure.

The Navy Chief CNS IBAS also tried to build a well equipped navy. The Navy has continued a legacy of professionalism right from the GEJ era, but in PR they were lacking and only picked up late.

There were a number of high profile successes under him, including indigenization, fleet recapitalization, rescue of ships at sea, piracy went down but the recent kidnapping of 15 Turkish sailors off the coast of Nigeria and the high rate of insecurity in the Bonny waterways puts a dent on his achievements.

The CDS did not do well, up until recently, the army and air force had different separate wars each Chief of service was fighting. While the army was going right, the air force would be going left.

Poor coordination from the office of the CDS.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 5:53pm On Jan 26, 2021
Whyem15:
It is sad we have to see some brilliant officers go

Then I also hope Irabor and Attahiru will pardon Gen. Adeniyi.

The challenges faced by the new service chiefs while they were in the northeast is their best assets to Nigeria. They will be able to provide solutions to these challenges.

Even though Adeniyi meant well with his video, he should still be punished.

For the following reasons;

- He was the GOC 7 division, he needed to show leadership, he did not. That video was demoralizing, he was taking troops in battle, nobody needs a simp in a life and death situation.

- He recorded and distributed a video in an unsafe, very unprofessional manner.

- The video showed operational areas

- The video, a classified material leaked to the general public.

- It was PR coup for Boko-Haram, ISWAP and the rest of the terrorist bandwagon.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 5:56pm On Jan 26, 2021
kabe1:

Sadiq Abubakar is the best CAS we've had since the creation of Nigeria. The man totally reformed our Air Force, made it professional and modern.

In terms of PR, the Air Force cleaned up the image of the military in many ways than once. I wish they can keep him on as a consultant.

Burutai also tried his best to build a well armed army, he drove indigenous industrialization, and worked towards building a self sufficient army.

However in terms of training, troop rotation and generally professionalism of the force, he failed.

The incoming COAS should build on his legacy, also work hard on structuring a professional army, well equipped with proper training and with a sound PR structure.

The Navy Chief CNS IBAS also tried to build a well equipped navy. The Navy has continued a legacy of professionalism right from the GEJ era, but in PR they were lacking and only picked up late.

There were a number of high profile successes under him, including indigenization, fleet recapitalization, rescue of ships at sea, piracy went down but the recent kidnapping of 15 Turkish sailors off the coast of Nigeria and the high rate of insecurity in the Bonny waterways puts a dent on his achievements.

The CDS did not do well, up until recently, the army and air force had different separate wars each Chief of service was fighting. While the army was going right, the air force would be going left.

The piracy incident did not happen in Nigeria's waters. It happened off the coast of Gabon.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 5:57pm On Jan 26, 2021
kabe1:

Even though Adeniyi meant well with his video, he should still be punished.

For the following reasons;

- He was the GOC 7 division, he needed to show leadership, he did not. That video was demoralizing, he was taking troops in battle, nobody needs a simp in a life and death situation.

- He recorded and distributed a video in an unsafe, very unprofessional manner.

- The video showed operational areas

- The video, a classified material leaked to the general public.

- It was PR coup for Boko-Haram, ISWAP and the rest of the terrorist bandwagon.

Nonetheless, he should be pardoned, he is a brilliant officer that will be of great help to the war efforts.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 5:58pm On Jan 26, 2021
Whyem15:

The piracy incident did not happen in Nigeria's waters. It happened off the coast of Gabon.

Be that as it may, GoG is Nigeria's operational area, those pirates were likely from Nigeria, Benin, Ghana or Equatorial Guinea.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 5:58pm On Jan 26, 2021
Whyem15:

Nonetheless, he should be pardoned, he is a brilliant officer that will be of great help to the war efforts.

I beg to differ.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:26pm On Jan 26, 2021
kabe1:

Be that as it may, GoG is Nigeria's operational area, those pirates were likely from Nigeria, Benin, Ghana or Equatorial Guinea.

It is too large for Nigeria please, Gabon is very close to Central Africa ooo, how many miles we go dey patrol sef.

The pirates could also be from any central African country, who they are doesn't matter, where they were able to do it is the important issue.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:38pm On Jan 26, 2021
Names and faces: Buhari's new security chiefs
---
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) has appointed new service chiefs.

See their names below:

1. Chief of Defence Staff: Major-General Leo Irabor

2. Chief of Army Staff: Major-General I. Attahiru

3. Chief of Naval Staff: Rear Admiral A.Z Gambo

4. Chief of Air Staff: Air-Vice Marshal Isiaka Oladayo Amao

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:51pm On Jan 26, 2021
bidexiii:
Names and faces: Buhari's new security chiefs
---
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) has appointed new service chiefs.

See their names below:

1. Chief of Defence Staff: Major-General Leo Irabor

2. Chief of Army Staff: Major-General I. Attahiru

3. Chief of Naval Staff: Rear Admiral A.Z Gambo

4. Chief of Air Staff: Air-Vice Marshal Isiaka Oladayo Amao

Honestly I'll miss the outgoing CAS: I doubt if the incoming CAS can beat his records
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:20pm On Jan 26, 2021
I pray that Major-General I. Attahiru performs well, when he was the theatre commander operation lafiya dole in 2017 he didn't last long, due to his bad performance.
Taking on the mantle of the NA when there is a lot of security challenges across the country his not an easy job. I pray that Maj Gen Leo Irabor uses his experience has a former theatre commander to tackle insurgency in the North East.
Best of luck to the incoming chiefs !
https://www.thecable.ng/army-removes-operation-lafiya-dole-theatre-commander/amp

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 7:28pm On Jan 26, 2021
bidexiii:

Honestly I'll miss the outgoing CAS: I doubt if the incoming CAS can beat his records

Well, the new CAS is coming in at a time when Airforce is more powerful than ever before, with several capabilities being inducted and more to come in some month's time. If he doesn't perform better than S.B Abubakar, he will be a greater failure than any we've ever known.

I'm actually very optimistic he will perform, he flew alpha jets against bokoharam. And has been heading the Air component of the counter insurgency operations. The only problem is that there is a lot of pressure on these guys already. The expectation is too much at a time when there is crisis in almost all parts of the country. This here is Buratai's nemesis, he was unfortunate to be the COAS at a time the military was battling insurgents and criminals on several fronts. He added the responsibility of the IGP to his and to be frank, I believe he did better than many of his predecessors would have done if they were to be in his shoes. And

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NafeesaAA(f): 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2021
Sophisticated US military drone ‘crash lands’ near Agadez.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NafeesaAA(f): 7:34pm On Jan 26, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:45pm On Jan 26, 2021
NafeesaAA:
Sophisticated US military drone ‘crash lands’ near Agadez.

Have seen these picture on twitter.
Trust me the Chinese will be on there tail to buy this hardware at any amount grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:46pm On Jan 26, 2021
Whyem15:

Well, the new CAS is coming in at a time when Airforce is more powerful than ever before, with several capabilities being inducted and more to come in some month's time. If he doesn't perform better than S.B Abubakar, he will be a greater failure than any we've ever known.

I'm actually very optimistic he will perform, he flew alpha jets against bokoharam. And has been heading the Air component of the counter insurgency operations. The only problem is that there is a lot of pressure on these guys already. The expectation is too much at a time when there is crisis in almost all parts of the country. This here is Buratai's nemesis, he was unfortunate to be the COAS at a time the military was battling insurgents and criminals on several fronts. He added the responsibility of the IGP to his and to be frank, I believe he did better than many of his predecessors would have done if they were to be in his shoes. And

Well said mate !

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 7:48pm On Jan 26, 2021
Odunayaw:
I'm so happy seeing Irabor as CDS!
I will prefer him as coas

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 7:48pm On Jan 26, 2021
please esn should be very careful. i just contact a solider in imo from 82 division said that esn security withdraw when they involved the use of anti aircraft weapon. he said most of the esn boy when armed with juju but at the mention of anti aircraft weapon they fall back. six esn security are with them. they are starting a operation from 12 mid night and the operation is to flush all remaining esn. intel review they are ruining to Cameroon. please imo go hot.
one solider in hospital in icu.
esn secuirty upon there juju they still the run, he said some solider where dey do juju too, don spoill esn juju .
most of the solider in imo are southeast boys.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 7:49pm On Jan 26, 2021
BabaOwen:
The new COAS performance was woeful in the North East.

There are far more competent officers, officers that perform better than him in the North East.
Lmao, u don go do research now now

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:05pm On Jan 26, 2021
QuietMynd:

Abii now !
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by upko: 8:24pm On Jan 26, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
please esn should be very careful. i just contact a solider in imo from 82 division said that esn security withdraw when they involved the use of anti aircraft weapon. he said most of the esn boy when armed with juju but at the mention of anti aircraft weapon they fall back. six esn security are with them. they are starting a operation from 12 mid night and the operation is to flush all remaining esn. intel review they are ruining to Cameroon. please imo go hot.
one solider in hospital in icu.
esn secuirty upon there juju they still the run, he said some solider where dey do juju too, don spoill esn juju .
most of the solider in imo are southeast boys.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:25pm On Jan 26, 2021
QuietMynd:
Agreed. However he'd still perform.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 26, 2021
bidexiii:

Abii now !
Personally I wanted Gen Lamidi Adeosun, am disappointed, Gen Attahiru doesn't inspire confidence

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 8:31pm On Jan 26, 2021
kabe1:

Buratai inherited more problems than any of those service chiefs.

This guy pick up the position at a time we couldn't call the Nigerian Army a armed force. Soldiers were running away from their duties and at some point mass resignation from personnel. Nothing could be worse than that.

He had to build moral of troops and set precedence for other generals as well by being present in war front. I wonder how many service chief will do that at such a time? He almost got shot in one of the operations.

He tried as a person (since he's not a magician) and to me we can't really compare his performance with that of CAS because they were not in the same shoes.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1506) (1507) (1508) (1509) (1510) (1511) (1512) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: DaddyGoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.