Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,046 members, 7,849,232 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:51 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3062351 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 2:21pm On Apr 25, 2021
Whyem15:

My point still stands, how many units of the vehicles did they get?.
Legion has proven its worth in the NE, but how many units did they get?
The armored recovery vehicles too are great to ensure troops leave nothing behind for the terrorists to use for PR. Majority of the phantom APCs the terrorists published as captured in January and February were abandoned by troops when they could not move them. But what will 10 units do?
Buying 75hp tractor to plough 10,000ha and you expect not to lose your investment.

Well at least some people are now thinking at DHQ with the quality of weapons being purchased. Soon we may start seeing good quantities.
This is where you're getting it wrong.
In place of the 10 T-90s We got 60+24=104 legions and phantom mraps/Apcs plus it's radios and 84 Armoured turrets each if I'm not mistaking not 10units
Plus we lost about 5 phantoms already to ISWAP IEDs,SVIEDs and Ambush
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 2:45pm On Apr 25, 2021
Blueelf:

How far bro. Long time..
How every na?
2nd Lt?? Very sad
Maybe recent NDA or SSC grad
I'm fine bro. Learnt he is SSC 46 Officer.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 2:51pm On Apr 25, 2021
You really are a slowpoke.
Chad is right next to Nigeria, so Chad falling into rebel hands shouldn't worry Ecowas? You truly are a fool.
Don't come around here throwing insult at me, na your mama own france? It's a simple discussion, i don't give a fvk what happens in Chad, so if you can't be respectful, you won't be getting one from me. I stated an opinion, it's your right to disagree with it. Talking about Nuke, the fvk are they gonna do with that nuke in Africa? Deterrence my arse, so if Africa as a whole say no to France, they will nuke us? This kid na yeye guy.
And idea of a deterrence is to make sure no one attack your homeland, not nuke small countries because you can't colonize them
Have a good one kid

jpphilips:

You are just confused, just an advise, discuss things you know, leave the rest alone, talking directionless isn't smart.
Why will a regional block you don't belong to, no membership obligations, no security agreement just wake up & help you? does it sound smart to you?
why will Ecowas give a fvck about Chad?

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:51pm On Apr 25, 2021
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 2:55pm On Apr 25, 2021
I never asked for your time, fool.
You're the one digging up old thread and bringing to the front. Move on kid, or your boyfriend chase you commot house again?
The French are God on this earth. There, feel better? I hope so. Enjoy this new week and don't be getting agitated when discussing sh!t with strangers online. I have no stake in this. grin grin

jpphilips:

Only an ignorant person thinks Chad is a sovereign state, take your time & read their independence agreement b4 opening your mouth again, you are not worth my time.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 3:11pm On Apr 25, 2021
maokin under attack
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 3:16pm On Apr 25, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
maokin under attack
Alpha jet already providing CAS

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 3:21pm On Apr 25, 2021
UPDATE: Geidam is finally in the hands of the military after longer hours by the terrorist. Locals confirm the town is safe as the military engaged the terrorist in open after the military laid surrounded the town to prevent the Terrorist from going out of the town.

Next is Door to door search...

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2021
Toju200:
Alpha jet already providing CAS
ok but the army should just give this guy heavy reply after the attack

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 3:33pm On Apr 25, 2021
Jakpon:
Bro, the insurgency might never end and yhe reason is clear. A large percentage of the Muslim North are in tacit support of Boko Haram. They would have had no qualms if BH had restricted their terror to non indigenes and non Muslims alone.

Some of us have been here long enough to remember how they celebrated when BH bombed the Catholic Church at Madalla. We remember how they rejoiced when BH killed scores of Christians celebrating the Christmas at Bakin Ladin in Plateau State. We remember how they often jubilate whenever BH kills an Igbo trader at the Monday Market in Maiduguri. As recent as few years ago, we saw the video of Dapchi residence waving and embracing Boko fighters when they returned the Muslim girls they had earlier abducted, retaining only Leah Shuaibu because she was a Christian.

Their camaraderie with Boko Haram went sour wen BH decided to extend their terror to all and sundry. Even at that, their closet support for BH has not dimmed. President Buhari's complicity with Miyetti Allah's ethnic cleansing agenda, the exposé on Isa Pantami, the relationship of Sheikh Gumi with the so called Fulani bandits, and the support of the Muslim North towards these exponent of Islamic terrorism is a enough for the discerning to know that bloodletting on the North may not end anytime soon.
Ignorant comment ... For someone to come out and open their mouth saying a lot of Muslims in the North supports BH is not justdissapointing but rather rather a sorry palm for such person. . all the draftees in CJTF are made up of what... Soldiers posted to the NE, a part of em is made up of what... Some of the Police officers darfted there a number is made up of what....
The innocent civillians being killed, some of em are made up of what... You ain't even worth.
No statistical data to back up ur claim.. just sitting down somewhere and conjuring nonsense

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 3:38pm On Apr 25, 2021
Blueelf:

Madam police officer, the police are worse when it comes to arming hoodlums and you know it. The Book Haram and ISWAP we are facing today is because you guys decided to take the law int o your hands and execute a prisoner.

Madam Officer, stop defending Mediocrity. Before you remove stones from someone else, remove the dust from yours

Good day Madam officer
the way some of u write without regard to people's dignity is alrming . How does the action of the Police few years ago defines her ... maybe she wasn't even a member of the force then and you here ascribing blame like she personally led the operation.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 3:40pm On Apr 25, 2021
Blueelf:

You know our police only come tops in bribery and mediocrity.

However, there are few that are dedicated to their jobs. But they are very rare and I've come across only 2 in my lifetime
Only two in ur lifetime...
How often do u relate with police officers...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:43pm On Apr 25, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
maokin under attack

Mainok?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 3:46pm On Apr 25, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Mainok?
yes
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:57pm On Apr 25, 2021
These town names are beginning to sound Chinese to me. maybe me just need some coffee

Toju200:
yes

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:
How would we solve this issue of blackout in Borno.

Abi we go wait till Insurgency end?
Borno is in the line of fire presently and everyone knows development cannot work in an area of conflict. Let's be logical here and be practical.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2021
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 4:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 4:11pm On Apr 25, 2021
ugo4u:

Nigeria as presently constituted don't have the capacity to end France hegemony on West Africa. Ask yourself do we even have a foreign policy in the first place? We are lucky France isn't really interested in the affairs of Nigeria, if we provoke them to beam their search light on us believe you me there may be a coup in Nigeria. It's like we all don't really know how deeply divided this country have sunk. Some people are ready to sabotage Nigeria even without any form of incentive as long as they get logistic support.
The centre is already weak as there is no leadership presently in Nigeria, give or take we are towing the Yugoslavia path except something urgent is done to put the nation on a 180° turn.
Yes and no. France is not fighting the disparate tribes or constituent states it will be fighting the elements that constitute the power of the Nigerian state namely the military and the nations intelligence apparatus. We've been here before with the Biafran war and France failed. A lot of our problems are internal and one way or the other it inhibits us reaching our full potential and we need restructuring or some form of twerking of our current political experiment. Yet you underestimate Nigeria to your own peril as a foreign power. What exactly has France being able to pull off, please check your history. It is in their psyche to be egregious but when push comes to shove they bail. Before the second world war it was claimed France had the best standing army but Hitler road into Paris and humiliated them signing the terms of surrender. Same with Vietnam. All they do is go in somewhere start the fire and take off for others to pick up the pieces. France is a declining power for a long time and would rather be in Nigeria's good graces to trade as it is doing now and also to continue to feed fat off its colonies. We haven't started to assert ourselves, when we get the right leaders you will see a whole new dynamic foreign policy that will make Africa and the black man everywhere proud to be African. Also to be clear France nor the West won't get involved in an African war.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:12pm On Apr 25, 2021
Toju200:
yes

That town is filled with Insurgents shaaa. I remembered when I worked with a French Medical NGO in mid 2018 we had a clinic there.

We noticed most of the locals came with injuries you’ll know is definitely bullet wounds or Bruises. As per NGO we were treating forming neutrality till the day Insurgents came with guns for treatment. After that Incidence we ran away and closed that outpost.

Nothing wey man never see shaaaa.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 4:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

You’ve said it all. A week to the Sallah festivity I’m off to Maiduguri.
The method of defending just supercamps and leaving ISWAP to have a field day in the host community remains a slap on our armed forces. Tho ISWAP never tried this when our Neighboring Soldiers were around, well they knew it will result In an open shootout grin grin

Good Morning great Patriots cool

Hi Samuel, pls I advice you to stop being suggestive. I principally came here to reply this comment. The Nigerian Armed Forces is not a fifteen century army that do slug fest to pump chest. It is a modern Army with able officers and men and equipment in tow. We don't fight like Chad or Cameroon, even Cameroon in my opinion is better than Chad no much different in style of fighting than the rampaging terrorists.

If you want to buy the narrative of the western media that Chad have to quote "the regions best trained army" then hope you sleep better at night if it helps you but any military expert knows that is hogwash and useless propaganda to massage the egos of the late Deby to continue to send his men to die for France and himself typical of a dictator.

That they crossed and did one or two noise making events and left without holding ground has no strategic effect on the war. The Nigerian Army has gone back to every place those armies fought to do the heavy lifting. And what people forget is that the Nigerian Army not only fights to take these places but it also has to hold them. That my friend is a whole different ball game.

You don't come in make one or two gra gra then tell me you are a fighting Army yet in thirty years you have rebellion left, right and center in your country some times right to the door step of your palace except when France intervenes.

Please give me a break no modern day army fights the enemy on his terms, not the US, not Britain, not Russia and certainly not the Nigerian Army. As this war evolves we continue to understand the modus operandi of ISWAP. One Nigerian soldier means a lot to them and to us and they know it so they would rather be cannon fodders to achieve their objective. Not exactly tactically sound.

One thing is certain they can't win this war so the Nigerian Army will continue to kill them until we get to a threshold where they are unable to replace as many men killed quickly enough to sustain the war. Presently they are being taught a bitter lesson on our terms and they are doing just what any enemy would do knowing there are incoming wonder weapons that will be a game changer so why expose our men to a slug fest.

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:59pm On Apr 25, 2021
Covert1:

Hi Samuel, pls I advice you to stop being suggestive. I principally came here to reply this comment. The Nigerian Armed Forces is not a fifteen century army that do slug fest to pump chest. It is a modern Army with able officers and men and equipment in tow. We don't fight like Chad or Cameroon, even Cameroon in my opinion is better than Chad no much different in style of fighting than the rampaging terrorists.

If you want to buy the narrative of the western media that Chad have to quote "the regions best trained army" then hope you sleep better at night if it helps you but any military expert knows that is hogwash and useless propaganda to massage the egos of the late Deby to continue to send his men to die for France and himself typical of a dictator.

That they crossed and did one or two noise making events and left without holding ground has no strategic effect on the war. The Nigerian Army has gone back to every place those armies fought to do the heavy lifting. And what people forget is that the Nigerian Army not only fights to take these places but it also has to hold them. That my friend is a whole different ball game.

You don't come in make one or two gra gra then tell me you are a fighting Army yet in thirty years you have rebellion left, right and center in your country some times right to the door step of your palace except when France intervenes.

Please give me a break no modern day army fights the enemy on his terms, not the US, not Britain, not Russia and certainly not the Nigerian Army. As this war evolves we continue to understand the modus operandi of ISWAP. One Nigerian soldier means a lot to them and to us and they know it so they would rather be cannon fodders to achieve their objective. Not exactly tactically sound.

One thing is certain they can't win this war so the Nigerian Army will continue to kill them until we get to a threshold where they are unable to replace as many men killed quickly enough to sustain the war. Presently they are being thought a bitter lesson on our terms and they are doing just what any enemy would do knowing there are incoming wonder weapons that will be a game changer so why expose our men to a slug fest.

Are you insinuating that ISWAP should continually attack a town with a military base and go home scot free as long as they do not attack the Military base in that town?

I’m always of the opinion that something needs to be done about this. What’s the essence of spending millions of dollars on equipments only to have our enemies rampaging the town while the military keeps watching and being on alert from a 500meters range.

Something different needs to be done to teach these guys a hard lesson.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iboboyswag(m): 5:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
Covert1:

Yes and no. France is not fighting the disparate tribes or constituent states it will be fighting the elements that constitute the power of the Nigerian state namely the military and the nations intelligence apparatus. We've been here before with the Biafran war and France failed. A lot of our problems are internal and one way or the other it inhibits us reaching our full potential and we need restructuring or some form of twerking of our current political experiment. Yet you underestimate Nigeria to your own peril as a foreign power. What exactly has France being able to pull off, please check your history. It is in their psyche to be egregious but when push comes to shove they bail. Before the second world war it was claimed France had the best standing army but Hitler road into Paris and humiliated them signing the terms of surrender. Same with Vietnam. All they do is go in somewhere start the fire and take off for others to pick up the pieces. France is a declining power for a long time and would rather be in Nigeria's good graces to trade as it is doing now and also to continue to feed fat off its colonies. We haven't started to assert ourselves, when we get the right leaders you will see a whole new dynamic foreign policy that will make Africa and the black man everywhere proud to be African. Also to be clear France nor the West won't get involved in an African war.

Maybe not directly but by proxy they would... Especially when their interest is affected.

Nigeria has been able to, to a large extent fend off their influence due to a compendium of factors to our advantage.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2021
iboboyswag:

Maybe not directly but by proxy they would... Especially when their interest is affected.

Nigeria has been able to, to a large extent fend off their influence due to a compendium of factors to our advantage.

Sound argument

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 5:14pm On Apr 25, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Are you insinuating that ISWAP should continually attack a town with a military base and go home scot free as long as they do not attack the Military base in that town?

I’m always of the opinion that something needs to be done about this. What’s the essence of spending millions of dollars on equipments only to have our enemies rampaging the town while the military keeps watching and being on alert from a 500meters range.

Something different needs to be done to teach these guys a hard lesson.

That something to be done will be done. But you don't expose strategies and methods to your enemy. What is abundantly clear and they know it is their will be an offensive by the military and until that happens yes expect more attacks.

ISWAP want you exposed to fight to the death and what for to prove the Nigerian Army is not invincible and that fight is unnecessary it only plays to the strengths of ISWAP and not ours.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 25, 2021
Gunmen suspected to be bandits have attacked Haske Baptist Church in Manini Tasha village, Chukun Local Government Area of Kaduna state, killing one person.

SaharaReporters gathered that an unspecified number of worshippers were also abducted by the gunmen who invaded the church around 10am.

The deceased was identified as Dr. Zakariah Dogo Yaro, a medical doctor with the Kaduna State Ministry of Health.

Kaduna is one of the states in Nigeria most affected by rampant kidnappings by bandits.

On April 20, an unknown number of students were kidnapped from Greenfield University, a private institution in Chukun LGA. A security guard was also shot in the attack.

Although there is no official confirmation yet, about 40 students are said to be missing from the private university.

Three of the students were found dead days after their abduction.

On April 22, two nurses were kidnapped from Idon Hospital in Kajuru LGA of the state after an attack by gunmen.

The armed men were said to have gained access to the hospital through the fence, opened fire before abducting the nurses who worked the night shift.
http://saharareporters.com/2021/04/25/breaking-bandits-storm-church-kaduna-kill-doctor-abduct-many-worshippers
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 6:00pm On Apr 25, 2021
Covert1:

I concur "A strong ECOWAS is a strong Nigeria". A strong Nigeria is also a strong ECOWAS. A weak Nigeria is a disaster for all of Africa. We can even stretch it to say a strong African Union behind Nigeria taking the lead is a force to be reckoned with in global affairs. The way to shut down these colonialists once and for all is to be united. But fifth columnists abound everywhere because of envy. The likes of Quattara helped by Jonathan to office now a total lackey of France and then the perennial ruler in Cameroon and even worse South Africa under Jacob Zuma and other puppets of the west. I expected more from Ramaphosa but with him and his ANC already advocating support for the junta in N'djamena for the sake of stability raises questions of what are there motives here. The whole chad business screams bad news with terrorists running amok and cheap Libyan weapons awash in the entire sub-region.

Another option is to allow the regional hegemons a seat on the UNSC with veto power but here we are with the west playing brother against brother. ECOWAS still seems the best route for Nigeria but Africa would be better off with Nigeria as its lead voice in global affairs much like Europe defers to America. Many will not agree with me and may clamor instead for a United States of Africa but I don't see Nigeria with its huge population and potential acceding to such ideas which is why it supports the gradualist position of integrating the African Union. The strategic patience Nigeria has thus far employed might need to be jettisoned for a more robust assertive foreign policy to whip these nations into line for true emancipation.

You want to be handed a UNSC permanent seat veto for sleeping?
Do you really know what the present holders did to get it? be real young man.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 6:11pm On Apr 25, 2021
NafeesaAA:
Ops Tura Bango seem to have lost momentum. No more updates of military achievements, only news of repeated BHT attacks on Super Camps.

It seems to me like the NA can't fight these ragtag militias without air support. Its like the NA are waiting for Tucanos and JF-17 before they could muster courage to venture of thier Super Camps.

Everything just looks blimp and scary to me. I come to this thread to read and enjoy news of Victory over these bloodsockers but I am.daily fed with news of REPELLED REPELLED and REPELLED

You must understand that patrolling out of super camps without adequate protection is way too risky for troops, since the MRAPS are not adequate, air support remains the best counter offense for blood suckers willing to die.
It behooves on NAF to rejoin them with their maker.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 6:51pm On Apr 25, 2021
NafeesaAA:
Ops Tura Bango seem to have lost momentum. No more updates of military achievements, only news of repeated BHT attacks on Super Camps.

It seems to me like the NA can't fight these ragtag militias without air support. Its like the NA are waiting for Tucanos and JF-17 before they could muster courage to venture of thier Super Camps.

Everything just looks blimp and scary to me. I come to this thread to read and enjoy news of Victory over these bloodsockers but I am.daily fed with news of REPELLED REPELLED and REPELLED
grin grin grin grin I laughed so hard when I read this your post, and I won't lie it's not unconnected to fact that you're a police officer.
The same thing wey dey make army always repel na the same thing make (Police) no wan take ear hear posting to Borno. They've kuku abandoned internal security affairs for the army and I don't really blame the police sha, they are heavily underfunded, acutely ill-equiped etc
With the nature of war we're facing if the military don't make calculated offensive especially on the hills of inadequate logistical support like the MRAps & other mine resistant vehicles na everyday we go dey hear of ambush and casualties caused by IEDs/Mines.
The super camp strategy no doubt has its faults as it mostly take care of base defence, reduces the frequency at which bases are being overrun and equipments looted, while leaving large swathes of land unmanned giving the terrorists free reign. If NAF can increase their sorties or be on standby 24/7 to back the army then Super Camp idea will make more sense as all the troops need to do is to withdraw to these camps and wait for NAF to straf the bad guys after which the army will follow up for mop up operation.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 6:54pm On Apr 25, 2021
THE SIGNAL FROM MINOK IS NOT CLEAR OO. MAY THE SOUL OF THE FAITHFUL DEPARTED REST IN PEACE
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 7:02pm On Apr 25, 2021
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 7:07pm On Apr 25, 2021
SOMETHING BAD HAPPEN IN TODAY ATTACK

(1) (2) (3) ... (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.