Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1659) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3048584 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 4:51pm On Apr 24, 2021
And what happens once that war is over? You'd create a fighting force that might then demand autonomy.
Not saying that would happen, but what you are saying will require a great deal of crafting and coordination, something we aren't known for.
I do not support the idea of just randomly arming bunch of guys who aren't under the control of the Govt, we risk having those same groups turning those same weapons on the state.
It's risky. But i get your point, if civilians do the job, their hearts and mind would be on it more, because they would be fighting for their home and loved ones.
Such idea would take a great deal of discipline, coordination, trust and reliability. Not to talk of making sure those groups aren't molesting civilians, we aren't exactly known for law and order.
Dicey

Valkrie:

Bro...the army have been zoombified to think in certain ways which civilians don't, I'm sorry to say....! With all the battlefield coordinatuon by the army what have they been able to achieve so far, more than 12 years and counting...!! Look back to history..all difficult wars have been won when the civilians decides to get armed and fight for their land or get involved..!! When the Israeli soldiers crossed the Suez canal and the Egyptian soldiers all ran away it was the civilian militia in the town that drove off the Israeli soldiers...many of their abandoned war tank are still their till today...!! ISIS/boko/al shabab etc no matter how you look at them are all civilain militia and look at what they doing to the more coordinated army for years...Not even the almighty Russian and american american army could bring down the Talibans...!!

See bro the Algerians learn the usefulness and power of the civilians in early 90's when they where having issues similar to ours now...what they did was to arm the civilians...madness for madness and the killings stopped and Algeria got her peace today...their remnant are the once their militart is cleaning up today...!!

Trust me.if the civilians decides to carry arms and enter a war...their would be change in the equation...!!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Valkrie: 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2021
Sizzorkay:
And what happens once that war is over? You'd create a fighting force that might then demand autonomy.
Not saying that would happen, but what you are saying will require a great deal of crafting and coordination, something we aren't known for.
I do not support the idea of just randomly arming bunch of guys who aren't under the control of the Govt, we risk having those same groups turning those same weapons on the state.
It's risky. But i get your point, if civilians do the job, their hearts and mind would be on it more, because they would be fighting for their home and loved ones.
Such idea would take a great deal of discipline, coordination, trust and reliability. Not to talk of making sure those groups aren't molesting civilians, we aren't exactly known for law and order.
Dicey

The civilians in Suez canal nor Algeria never demanded for autonomy even those in Kobana when isis came calling.....the problem.is every damn soldiers in the North East is fighting for his salary and not because he love the brono land or her people so well...take the salary off and you would begin to see a different thing...but a man fighting for his homeland is a different thing all together....boko people never had jets and some of the arms been wielded by our army but they are still holding forth after 12 years of battle and the Buratai is even speculating it could continue for the next 20 years...trust me let the civilians jtf handle the war without a political or military interference and you would see the difference..sector by sector bring in volunteers whose land have been decimated by boko people and let them tell the type of weapon they need to prosecute the war themselves and see how it goes...you would shocked at the outcome...!! They would only see themselves fighting to take their land back and protecting their mothers, fathers and younger ones..Civilian militia know nothing of or any business with rules of engagement nor Geneva wahala...all they understand is to get result no matter how they do it and they always do....!!

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 5:33pm On Apr 24, 2021
you want armed conflict within the state without political leaders or military being involved? Well that's a bad idea. we aren't Algerians.
Each country has it's own unique dynamic. No way we should set loose uncoordinated armed groups to fight anywhere within our territory.
Can't say i support such. You are talking about well armed groups that will essentially not answer to any higher authority. I see a bad ending there.
And I'm not saying they will ask for autonomy, just talking about scenarios or the fallout of such.
And we both said same thing. people fighting for their home and not to earn a paycheck will most likely put in better effort.
But coordination and supervision of such group is needed in my opinion.

Valkrie:

The civilians in Suez canal nor Algeria never demanded for autonomy even those in Kobana when isis came calling.....the problem.is every damn soldiers in the North East is fighting for his salary and not because he love the brono land or her people so well...take the salary off and you would begin to see a different thing...but a man fighting for his homeland is a different thing all together....boko people never had jets and some of the arms been wielded by our army but they are still holding forth after 12 years of battle and the Buratai is even speculating it could continue for the next 20 years...trust me let the civilians jtf handle the war without a political or military interference and you would see the difference..sector by sector bring in volunteers whose land have been decimated by boko people and let them tell the type of weapon they need to prosecute the war themselves and see how it goes...you would shocked at the outcome...!! They would only see themselves fighting to take their land back and protecting their mothers, fathers and younger ones..Civilian militia know nothing of or any business with rules of engagement nor Geneva wahala...all they understand is to get result no matter how they do it and they always do....!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 6:25pm On Apr 24, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Damasak or Guzamala to Geidam reach 6 hours oh cool
yes i am aware of that. both from the local and intel and military personal they both say the attack was coordinate from gudzamla. iswap say if you want join them you should come to gudzmala this what i heard from a local. you can confirmed this
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 6:54pm On Apr 24, 2021
Ok concerning Geidam.
Yesterday attack:One Guntrucks,Six AK,3PKMs and some terrorists dead..
They came this morning and laid siege.
Air support was halted because they used Civies as Human shields.
Some civies has managed to leave the town..
If they are to clear that Geidam use SFs

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 7:02pm On Apr 24, 2021
Toju200:
Ok concerning Geidam.
Yesterday attack:One Guntrucks,Six AK,3PKMs and some terrorists dead..
They came this morning and laid siege.
Air support was halted because they used Civies as Human shields.
Some civies has managed to leave the town..
If they are to clear that Geidam use SFs
military are still conducting operation in gediam another scores for the military. iswap came back . this victory is yersterday victory
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:15pm On Apr 24, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

All those sides stretch from Southern Borno to Yobe areas.

The Real Enemies are in Magumeri, Guzamala, Baga, Marte, Monguno and stretch to Gamboru, Kala Balge and Abadam.

It’s well shaaa. Make we Dey look
hmm actually tho Magumeri,Abadam they've been military ops in tho areas from airstrikes to Artillery strikes
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:16pm On Apr 24, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
military are still conducting operation in gediam another scores for the military. iswap came back . this victory is yersterday victory
yeah I know
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2021
Operatives of the Nigeria Police Force and their counterparts from the Nigerian Army and DSS in a joint operation, in the early hours of today 24th April, 2021 stormed the operational headquarters of Insurgents (IPOB Militias) in Awomama Village Oru East LGA of Imo State.

The Insurgents are responsible for the attack on the Imo State Police Headquarters and the headquarters of the Nigerian Correctional Service on 5th April, 2021. They have also carried out series of calculated, violent attacks on security personnel and formations in the south east and south south of the country.

As the security forces approached the base of the insurgents, they came under rapid fire from the group. In a bold and clinical response, the joint security forces fought back gallantly.

The Forces eventually neutralized the overall commander of the insurgents in the Southeast popularly known as Ikonso Commander and six (6) other armed fighters of the insurgent group. Commander Ikonso is known as the Vice President designate as well as the coordinator of all the militia operations of the group.

He was the mastermind and coordinator of the attack on the Imo Police Headquarters and several other attacks on security and military personnel and facilities.

The operation is part of deliberate effort by the Police and other security forces to quel the activities of insurgents in Imo State and other States of the South East and South South region of the country.

After the fierce gun battle, the security team recovered the remains of Ikonso Commander and the six (6) of his fighters. Several sophisticated weapons including six(6) AK47 rifles, hundreds of ammunition of different caliber and lots of charms including bullet Proof charms were recovered from the insurgents.

At the time of filing this report, three policemen and one army officer are receiving treatment having sustained serious bullet injuries during exchange of gunfire with the insurgents.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/breaking-we-have-killed-commander-of-insurgents-police-sources-claim-graphic/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 24, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/breaking-we-have-killed-commander-of-insurgents-police-sources-claim-graphic/
This is what led to the house of Gov. Hope uzodinma been burnt down.

There are reports some security personnel died, including an army officer in the firefight. About 4-6 policemen have lost their life after the death of that IPOB guy.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:07pm On Apr 24, 2021
How would we solve this issue of blackout in Borno.

Abi we go wait till Insurgency end?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sheyiofficial(m): 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2021
Troops kill Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists in Geidam, recover arms
April 24, 2021

The Nigerian Army says its troops of Operation Lafiya Dole (OPLD) currently conducting Operation Tura Takaibango inflicted heavy casualty on Boko Haram/Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) Terrorists in Geidam the Headquarters of Geidam LGA of Yobe State.

The terrorist, according to a statement, Saturday, from from Brig. Mohammed Yerima, Director Army Public Relations, attacked the strategic border town 23 April 2021 destroying three communications masts and looting some shops in the process.

However, troops stationed at the town supported by the Air Component of OPLD mounted a hot pursuit and closed up with the terrorists killing 21 of them in the process.

“The gallant troops successfully recovered a gun truck with an anti aircraft gun mounted on it, eight AK 47 rifles with ten magazines as well as two Rocket Propelled Grenade Bombs and five chargers. Other items recovered are; over a thousand rounds of different calibres of ammunition, one Commando Mortar Tube, 3 IED blasting devices, tool boxes, communication radios and cell phones among several other items of value,” the statement said.

“The troops are still combing the area for possible discoveries as most of the terrorists escaped with various degrees of injuries from the resultant encounter. The only setbacks on the side of the troops were the injuries sustained by 3 soldiers who were in stable conditions and receiving medical attention in a military facility.

“The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru congratulated the Theatre Commander and troops of OPLD including the Air Component for this great achievement. The COAS restated the commitment of the Nigerian Army under his leadership to ending terrorism and all violent crimes in the North East and other parts of the country. He further enjoined the troops to sustain the ongoing offensive under Operation Tura Takaibango until this noble goal is attained.”
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Independent power plant, probably solar or gas... Gas will be more effective. It can be set in within a month if the state government is serious. ISWAP will want to go after gas supplies(pipelines or tankers) so it will be reasonable to consider biogas. The waste generated within each city/towns should be used to power the plants.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 8:25pm On Apr 24, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
This is what led to the house of Gov. Hope uzodinma been burnt down.

There are reports some security personnel died, including an army officer in the firefight. About 4-6 policemen have lost their life after the death of that IPOB guy.
pure lie and fake news. one army sergent have gun wound on is left hand . while 3 police officer was wounded . he was attacked after the home of hope uzodima was attack. he lead the attack on Gov. hope uzodima . houseb

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 24, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
pure lie and fake news. one army sergent have gun wound on is left hand . while 3 police officer was wounded . he was attacked after the home of hope uzodima was attack. he lead the attack on Gov. hope uzodima . houseb
I would have debunk your statement by sharing pic of the dead policemen here, but I won't.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 24, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

In over a month now, I never use power supply for 10hrs
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
I would have debunk your statement by sharing pic of the dead policemen here, but I won't.
oga debunk my news by sharing the picture i challenge you cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 8:49pm On Apr 24, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
oga debunk my news by sharing the picture i challenge you cool
No need for sharing the pictures of dead policemen abeg.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 8:50pm On Apr 24, 2021
tutudesz:

No need for sharing the pictures of dead policemen abeg.
yes they is no need, but let him share to debunked what i said
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 9:00pm On Apr 24, 2021
baba owen i am still waiting ooo dubailand lord i am still waiting

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 9:23pm On Apr 24, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
Stop been childish

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 9:26pm On Apr 24, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:

Stop letting people control you bruv...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 9:44pm On Apr 24, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
Sadly, An army 2ndLt lost his life in the duel, with some police officers.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Valkrie: 9:45pm On Apr 24, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

No mind am...the military lost more men in that operation...the ESN lost two with two captured after injury. The rest esn men escaped...!!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 9:51pm On Apr 24, 2021
The idiotic head of the ESN thinks JuJu works with assault rifle, I believe is one bullet that sent him to the great beyond. Make those guys use their lives do better thing them no dey hear word.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 9:52pm On Apr 24, 2021
cutievik:

Stop letting people control you bruv...
thank bro, he just like fake news, from intel report the esn commander was the one who lead a team of fighter to attack Gov. i gave intel report this morning that the esn that attack hope house could not withdraw. from what the esn commander was on a revenge mission against the hope over the arrested of his men by men of the Nigeria army and dss,intel with me stated that over 50-70 esn and their sponsor are in military detention over the killing of Nigeria Navy personal, esn commander lead a team of esn to attack the navy post in anmbra, he was the commander that lead to attack imo police headquarter was the one that lead the attack on police checkpoint and some police station in the east, he is a very dangerous criminal before joining esn , he is the chief priest logistic commander incharge of sharing money weapon an other thing, he was killed base on military intelligent , during the gun fire one army officer heard wound is hand and three other police officer,

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:53pm On Apr 24, 2021
Sizzorkay:
For people who hate technology and education, they sure know how to make use of it lol.
These fvkers even get working printer grin grin grin

Man.....can you imagine that ; cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 9:53pm On Apr 24, 2021
ugo4u:

Sadly, An army 2ndLt(SSC 46)lost his life in the duel, with some police officers.
please sir picture and prove
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 9:56pm On Apr 24, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
please sir picture and prove
You don't expect me to post picture of our service men KIA(God forbid). One of his coursemates who is a mutual posted a tribute to the guy on his status.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 9:56pm On Apr 24, 2021
Valkrie:

No mind am...the military lost more men in that operation...the ESN lost two with two captured after injury. The rest esn men escaped...!!
and ipob and namadi kaun did not say anything about the police and solider killed ? what a lie. you just read some liar on narialand and think is true. ask people who witness the attack
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 10:01pm On Apr 24, 2021
ugo4u:

You don't expect me to post picture of our service men KIA(God forbid). One of his coursemates who is a mutual posted a tribute to the guy on his status.
oga let me tell you it is a lie, , people who witness the attack and people who was involve in the mission say it is only wound and no body was kia. get that please
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:01pm On Apr 24, 2021
JUST IN: Operatives of the Nigeria Police Force and their counterparts from the Nigerian Army and DSS in a joint operation, in the early hours of today 24th April, 2021 stormed the operational headquarters of Insurgents (IPOB Militias) in Awomama Village Oru East LGA of Imo State. The Insurgents are responsible for the attack on the Imo State Police Headquarters and the headquarters of the Nigerian Correctional Service on 5th April, 2021. They have also carried out series of calculated, violent attacks on security personnel and formations in the south east and south south of the country.

As the security forces approached the base of the insurgents, they came under rapid fire from the group. In a bold and clinical response, the joint security forces fought back gallantly. The Forces eventually neutralized the overall commander of the insurgents in the Southeast popularly known as Ikonso Commander and six (6) other armed fighters of the insurgent group. Commander Ikonso is known as the Vice President designate as well as the coordinator of all the militia operations of the group. He was the mastermind and coordinator of the attack on the Imo Police Headquarters and several other attacks on security and military personnel and facilities.

The operation is part of deliberate effort by the Police and other security forces to quel the activities of insurgents in Imo State and other States of the South East and South South region of the country.

After the fierce gun battle, the security team recovered the remains of Ikonso Commander and the six (6) of his fighters. Several sophisticated weapons including six(6) AK47 rifles, hundreds of ammunition of different caliber and lots of charms including bullet Proof charms were recovered from the insurgents.

At the time of filing this report, three policemen and one army officer are receiving treatment having sustained serious bullet injuries during exchange of gunfire with the insurgents.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.