Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,399 members, 7,843,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1695) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3054872 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1692) (1693) (1694) (1695) (1696) (1697) (1698) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
More ‘atrocities’ committed by some members of the defunct Police Special Anti-Robbery Squad have continually been exposed.

One of them is the story of Eric Okwaji, a middle aged man who only challenged the gun wielding men for wrong ‘parking.’

Okwaji, who was whisked away by the SARS Officers for daring to question them has not been seen anywhere since 2014.

https://dailytrust.com/man-who-challenged-sars-operatives-for-parking-wrongly-has-been-missing-for-6-years
I felt bad while reading this embarassed

I don dey hear a lot of bad thing about that Abba Kyari.

The most painful thing is that, there won't be justice. The people who ruined that guy life will be walking freely and might still even be in the Nigerian police force.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 11, 2021
A pastor of the Deeper Life Bible Church has been abducted by unknown gunmen at Irese near Akure in Akure south Local Government Area of Ondo state.

It was gathered that the cleric simply identified as Pastor Ogedengbe was kidnapped in the church on Monday evening.

His abduction was confirmed by a member of the church who identified himself as Brother Paul.

“He was kidnapped inside the church. They came with a black Corolla sports car. He was kidnapped alone,” the church member said.

The security operatives are yet to react to the report as at the time of filing the report.
https://community.vanguardngr.com/m/discussion?id=4565467%3ATopic%3A3080798
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 3:11pm On May 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
All this is been caused by the failure of the police force. Those two soldiers committed a crime, why were they not charged to court for prosecution?

The funny thing is that, the two soldiers might not even write down a statement before they were released. Now, that alone will make this case to be very hard to prosecute.

[/b]The Nigerian military nah one kin stagnant institution, all the complains of 2011-2015, nah I'm we still dey complain about in 2021.[b]
How is the army responsible for the behavoiur of people.... You can train people to be God fearing at the end its free will that determines a lot... Soldier are not robot that could be programmed to do or not do particular things...
Pple go to church and mosques everyday their clergy tell them not to steal yet they stealz do u blame the church for their actions or the individuals...
The soldiers and the thief's in the latter scenario both know what they did is bad, but went ahead to do it ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 3:56pm On May 11, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

How is the army responsible for the behavoiur of people.... You can train people to be God fearing at the end its free will that determines a lot... Soldier are not robot that could be programmed to do or not do particular things...
Pple go to church and mosques everyday their clergy tell them not to steal yet they stealz do u blame the church for their actions or the individuals...
The soldiers and the thief's in the latter scenario both know what they did is bad, but went ahead to do it ..

This is where you get it all wrong.
The Nigerian army as an institution is very lazy and sometimes consoles misbehaviors from the ranks.

A while back I saw a video that was trending,
a video of newly graduated female recruits threatening to take hostile actions against civilians.

The first thing that came to my mind is if this recruits are thought the basic dos and don'ts in training.

Do we train our recruits like rebels or weting dey sup.?

The average Nigerian soldier thinks he is the law.

All this boils down to training.

No soldier in a forward thinking army would behave like a thug and it would get over looked by the provost Marshalls

14 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Blueelf: 4:07pm On May 11, 2021
demolition:

This is where you get it all wrong.
The Nigerian army as an institution is very lazy and sometimes consoles misbehaviors from the ranks.

A while back I saw a video that was trending,
a video of newly graduated female recruits threatening to take hostile actions against civilians.

The first thing that came to my mind is if this recruits are thought the basic dos and don'ts in training.

Do we train our recruits like rebels or weting dey sup.?

The average Nigerian soldier thinks he is the law.

All this boils down to training.

No soldier in a forward thinking army would behave like a thug and it would get over looked by the provost Marshalls

Thank you for this

I said it before and I say it again, if TRADOC Minna can't do its job, let them scrap it or reorganize

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NuraSambo: 4:12pm On May 11, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

Sergeant Farouk your defence is watery. A soldier is trained to be optimally disciplined. The lifestyle of a soldier ought to be regimented, that is what differentiates the military from Civilian

An important state institution like the Nigerian Army that perennially churns out personnel's that end up becoming nuisance and irritant to the society, is a failed institution.

The irritance of the army is not isolated, it is not a one off occurence, it is a recurring decimal. Shooting at protesters and brutalising civilians seems to be their forte, while delivering their constitutional mandate which is to protect the territorial integrity of the country and defend the same from external attack, seems herculean. The Nigerian army is a disgrace

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 11, 2021
10th May 2021

From Obinna Odogwu, Awka

Residents of 10 communities in Awka North Local Government Area of Anambra State have lamented the criminal activities of suspected Fulani herdsmen operating in their forests and farmlands.

They alleged that a number of their people have been kidnapped for ransom, some killed, even as others who managed to escape from their grip sustained varying degrees of gunshot injuries.

One of the victims, Jideofor, who hails from Amanuke community, alleged that he was shot by the suspected Fulani herdsmen, while on his way to their neighbouring Achalla community.

The victim, who was filmed while receiving treatment in a hospital, had bandage and plaster on parts of his body. The video has since gone viral on social media.

He said: “Fulani herdsmen shot me on my way to Achalla around the hill towards Achalla. They were about three in number.”

Another victim, a native of Isuaniocha, who appeared in the video said that he was also attacked on the same Urum – Achalla Road while he rode with a certain woman from Mgbakwu community whom he addressed as Ikefuna’s wife.

“I was with the woman that was killed in the same vehicle that day. You see my right hand (showing it in the video), it’s paralysed.

“They shot at us, but it didn’t penetrate. The woman was beaten to death. They dragged me into the bush. I was released when my wife paid N1 million ransom. These were Fulani people. I was with them in the bush for three days. My hand was tied for three days and as a result, paralysis set in.

“They killed a man from Achalla at the same axis about two weeks ago. His people raided the bush to avenge his death, but the Fulani people ran away. An Awka man was shot in that axis too.”

Daily Sun had reported about the terrorisation of other parts of the council area, especially Ugbene, Ugbenu, Awba-Ofemmili, and Ebenebe communities, where rice fields and other farmlands were destroyed by the herdsmen and a woman from Ebonyi State raped to comma in Ebenebe.

Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the state, DSP Ikenga Tochukwu, said that the police were yet to get an official report from any of the victims or their relatives concerning the alleged incidents.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/herdsmen-kill-3-kidnap-injure-others-in-anambra/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 11, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved new security measures for the Southeast and South-South regions of the country.

This was one of the outcomes of the series of security meetings held in the last eleven days and concluded on Tuesday in the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The acting Inspector-General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba, disclosed this to State House Correspondents after the meeting.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-buhari-approves-new-security-measures-for-s-east-s-south/

Who get more details concerning this?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 11, 2021
The Southeast Catholic Bishops has accused Buhari led government of disarming people who are defending themselves and their lands, while protecting the Fulanis who go about killing people, destroying farmlands and raping women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ny1i-1I810

I can't wait for May 2023 sad

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:48pm On May 11, 2021
Ogaslot:
With all ur meaningful conversation what has it impacted to help the Nigeria armed forces to achieve key board warriors keep on discussing
Ok

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 5:20pm On May 11, 2021
demolition:

Bro please download grammarly keyboard.
It would help you fix the typos and also help you fix complicated sentences.

You can find the app on Google play store.

Ps: this is just a suggestion and not a means to mock.
professor in English. Typo or no typo. We understood his message. Asking him to download one useless app is uncalled for. Let's grow up bro

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:56pm On May 11, 2021
Artillery just Dey shoot for Maiduguri and Gunshots.

This one ISWAP has promised they must celebrate Sallah in some locations

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 6:07pm On May 11, 2021
yoged:
professor in English. Typo or no typo. We understood his message. Asking him to download one useless app is uncalled for. Let's grow up bro

LOL don't be a bald cuck bro.
Refer to the ps: in my statement.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:25pm On May 11, 2021
They tried penetrating through Polo/Jiddari axis of Maiduguri.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 6:30pm On May 11, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Knocking on the door I see. undecided

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 11, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

This people get mind o grin

Them wan do sallah for Maiduguri shocked grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 11, 2021
There is an ongoing attack on Samawa-Bungudu communities in Zamfara State by bandits.

This is the second attack by the bandit since late yesterday night.

The bandits torched houses and cars. The residents have abandoned their homes.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/05/11/breaking-bandits-attack-zamfara-communities/

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 11, 2021
At least one police officer have been killed by suspected armed bandits at Rumjin Sambo area of Sokoto South local government area of Sokoto state

Residents in the area says eyewitness reports revealed that, the suspected bandits were sighted on motorbikes numbering about twenty very close to the premises of Usmanu Danfodio University main campus at about 1:45AM On Tuesday.

They say, the unknown Gunmen later abandoned their motorbikes and move on foot close to a mosque around Noma Hospital in the area where a sizable number of Muslim faithful gathered for tahajjud prayer.

Resident say, it is not clear if the the bandits target the faithful praying the mosques.

According to sources in the area, a police patrol van move close to the scene of the crime during their routine patrol and the bandits on sighting the police open fire on the patrol van and in the process killed one of the police men on patrol.

Residents say, the rest of the police in the patrol team chased the bandits and open fire on them, but unfortunately none of the bandits was hit as all of them escape

The police is yet to confirmed this report as the Police Public Relations Officer of the command Assistant Superintendent of Police Abubakar Sanusi when contacted promised to get back to our correspondent in ten minutes and is yet to do so after thirty minutes

https://www.tvcnews.tv/bandits-ambush-police-patrol-team-in-sokoto-one-police-officer-killed/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 7:07pm On May 11, 2021
Isn't going to be rainy season soon in north east Nigeria?
Meaning the military will be constrained?
Looking at the pattern of attacks, I can't shake the horrible thought that ISWAP is trying to encircle Maiduguri, cutting it off from support should they attack it just before the rainy season.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 7:30pm On May 11, 2021
Lurker4Long:
Looking at the pattern of attacks, I can't shake the horrible thought that ISWAP is trying to encircle Maiduguri, cutting it off from support should they attack it just before the rainy season.

Dem no dey take the war serious no be like Maiduguri. There are lots of high ranking military officers based in Maiduguri that will pull everything within their power to ensure the city doesn't fall. The terrorists should continue with their economic warfare as any other form won't work. Few weeks ago, I was also thinking that could be their plan but they will fail woefully and lose a lot of men.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 7:45pm On May 11, 2021
grin

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 7:59pm On May 11, 2021
So Abu Musab is back in charge as Wali of ISWAP

"More about the #ISWAP reshuffle, In Kanuri-language audio (symptomatic of the persisting Borno-centric nature of ISWAP), it is the new wali Abu Musab al Barnawi himself speaking (authenticated by contacts & with a voice resembling that of other authenticated audios).

He discusses why the former wali (presumably Ba Lawan, but he is not named) was removed.

1. He was not sharing the bounty (ghanima) fairly (a major point of contention in #BokoHaram through and through).

2. "He was not going to fight himself and was just enjoying himself"

3. He was punishing small boys who misbehaved while sparing the grandees (serious accusations in a fundamentally "populist" movement with an egalitarian drive).

There is a structure here, from JASDJ to ISWAP: running a ghanima economy is difficult; matters of fairness keep cropping up.

Abu Musab insists that he has been designated by the Amir al Muminin (the IS Caliph). He calls all bandits and offenders to repent and insists that he is ready to give the flagship to his predecessor if the latter repents from his sins"

-Vincent Foucher
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 8:05pm On May 11, 2021
lebuhsi:
So Abu Musab is back in charge as Wali of ISWAP.

"More about the #ISWAP reshuffle, In Nuri-language audio (symptomatic of the persisting Borno-centric nature of ISWAP), it is the new wali Abu Musab al Barnawi himself speaking (authenticated by contacts & with a voice resembling that of other authenticated audios).

He discusses why the former wali (presumably Ba Lawan... but he is not named) was removed.

1. He was not sharing the bounty (ghanima) fairly (a major point of contention in #BokoHaram through and through).

2. He was not going to fight himself and was just enjoying himself.

3. He was punishing small boys who misbehaved while sparing the grandees (serious accusations in a fundamentally "populist" movement with an egalitarian drive).

There is a structure here, from JASDJ to ISWAP: running a ghanima economy is difficult; matters of fairness keep cropping up.

Abu Musab insists that he has been designated by the Amir al Muminin (the IS Caliph). He calls all bandits and offenders to repent and insists that he is ready to give the flagship to his predecessor if the latter repents from his sins"

-Vincent Foucher

For a group with uncertain dynamics, Abu Musab sure has longevity.

Leadership has gone from himself to >> Ba Idrissa >> Abba Kaka >> Ba Lawan >> Abou Dawud >> Back to himself.

He has escaped several assassination attempts( in a bid to usurp power, Ba Kaka, arrested then executed Abu Musab's brother Ba Idrissa, the former then fled to one of the Tumbuns with loyal fighters).

Several leaders of the group have been executed as a result of this major shakeup.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 8:38pm On May 11, 2021
The development in the middle East between Israel and Hamas is worrisome as the humanitarian situation in Gaza is about to hit south. This is one conflict that requires political solution rather than military intervention, it's just like Amotekun confronting the Nigerian military.
One of the spectacle is the Iron Dome missile defence system with 90% efficiency in intercepting rockets from Hamas saving not just the lives of Israelis but also Palestinians because if not for that technology, Israel would have alot of civilian casualties and most definitely they're gonna retaliate by launching a full scale war on Hamas and it's the Palestinian civilians that will bear the brunt. Negotiations/roundtable talk still remains the best option to solve the crises.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:53pm On May 11, 2021
Lurker4Long:
It'd end in tears. The rains kind of evens the playing field in terms of mobility and they'd have to amass men and suicide bombers if they ever think they hope to achieve any form of battlefield victory

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:55pm On May 11, 2021
Is it me or nairaland is looking awkward

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:57pm On May 11, 2021
ugo4u:
The development in the middle East between Israel and Hamas is worrisome as the humanitarian situation in Gaza is about to hit south. This is one conflict that requires political solution rather than military intervention, it's just like Amotekun confronting the Nigerian military.
One of the spectacle is the Iron Dome missile defence system with 90% efficiency in intercepting rockets from Hamas saving not just the lives of Israelis but also Palestinians because if not for that technology, Israel would have alot of civilian casualties and most definitely they're gonna retaliate by launching a full scale war on Hamas and it's the Palestinian civilians that will bear the brunt. Negotiations/roundtable talk still remains the best option to solve the crises.
I watched videos of the iron dome doing tha thing and I was freaked out! Dang!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 9:15pm On May 11, 2021
This is what I was referring to the other day.

Is this deliberate misinformation to gain followership or the guy is just ignorant?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 9:38pm On May 11, 2021
Odunayaw:
It'd end in tears. The rains kind of evens the playing field in terms of mobility and they'd have to amass men and suicide bombers if they ever think they hope to achieve any form of battlefield victory
The bad thing about raining season is that bushes will start to grow again and BHT uses bush cover to Ambush soldiers and also NAF would be grounded most of the time because of weather.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:40pm On May 11, 2021
Police, Civil Defence crush Boko Haram men seeking to overrun Jiddari Polo and Molai general areas of Maiduguri.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:41pm On May 11, 2021
More...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 9:41pm On May 11, 2021
Odunayaw:
I watched videos of the iron dome doing tha thing and I was freaked out! Dang!
Technology at its best. The cost of operating it is quite expensive, each missile fired from the dome is about $30,000.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1692) (1693) (1694) (1695) (1696) (1697) (1698) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.