Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1711) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3028708 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 18, 2021
EricBraven:

That means an 81mm or & 50mm mortal round will be able to engage target at guzumala
The distance between Maiduguri and Konduga is more than 30km. Only artillery can cover such a distance.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:17pm On May 18, 2021
Kalapizim:
Sebi you said you were claiming Army officer grin

Wetin happen ?
grin Artyman! You no de forgive and forget niiiii
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:34pm On May 18, 2021
Odunayaw:
grin Mogese! You for manage!
Artyman no fit oo. But i am going back this year. I just pray i land in dalet battalion
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:35pm On May 18, 2021
Kalapizim:
Sebi you said you were claiming Army officer grin

Wetin happen ?
I never said i was sir
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:40pm On May 18, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Artyman no fit oo. But i am going back this year. I just pray i land in dalet battalion
Abi you should make up your mind. Way and manner

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 8:32pm On May 18, 2021
I don't know if I should be happy they are fighting themselves or sad ISWAP came out on top......................

If its true

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 8:36pm On May 18, 2021
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 8:37pm On May 18, 2021
Odunayaw:
grin Artyman! You no de forgive and forget niiiii
forgiving is left to God cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:01pm On May 18, 2021
mekussa:
I don't know if I should be happy they are fighting themselves or sad ISWAP came out on top......................

If its true

Mixed reactions for me cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:10pm On May 18, 2021
[/b]Capabilities of NIMASA's new CJ-3 Special Missions Aircraft[b]
Guys try and watch these video

https://twitter.com/DefenseNigeria/status/1394600847703740416?s=19

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:12pm On May 18, 2021
mekussa:

If its true

Lol hmmmmmm.... my prayer is that ISWAP should never take over Sambisa axis

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:14pm On May 18, 2021
mekussa:

If its true
Looks like lamba

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 11:28pm On May 18, 2021
Probability that JAS would retaliate is high.
Shekua would wanna save face, but I don't think he can effect a better attack against ISWAP...
At any rate Intelligence Agencies should make sure these two groups don't become one , that would increase thier capabilities in recruiting and launching attacks on friendly forces

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 11:29pm On May 18, 2021
God bless Pakistan for such brotherhood with Nigeria. So beautiful birds and appropriate Imagine Dragons sound track to showcase it to the world for the first time from home soil you can't help but fall in love. Congratulations NAF.

https://twitter.com/ForumStrategic/status/1394572828310188034?s=19

https://twitter.com/ForumStrategic/status/1394572948648902657?s=19

These capabilities make the NAF preeminent in sub-saharan Africa and potentially shifts the balance in Africa. More orders anticipated.

Avionics Suite

JF-17 Thunder
The avionics suite makes the JF-17 an effective weapon platform. The glass cockpit and hands on throttle and stick (HOTAS) controls reduce pilot workload. Accurate navigation and weapon aiming information on the head up display help the pilot achieve his mission effectively. The multifunction displays provide information on engine, fuel, hydraulics, electrical, flight control and environmental control system on a need-to-know basis along with basic flight and tactical information. The capability has been built around highly modern state-of-the-art avionics equipment. The salient avionics equipment is as follows:

Dual redundant mission computers
Dual redundant 1553 Mux bus architecture
Multi-mode Pulse Doppler Radar capable of tracking multiple targets with prioritized firing
Ring laser gyro inertial navigation system tied with GPS
Smart head up display with up front control panel. SHUD total field of view is 25 Degrees
Color video recording camera and video recorder (for SMFCDs)
HOTAS
Three smart multi function color displays
Air Data Computer
Radar Altimeter
IFF Interrogator/Transponder
Air Combat Manoeuvring Instrumentation (ACMI)
BVR/Communication Data link
VHF / UHF Communication System

Weapons Capability

The aircraft is fitted with modern Stores Management System incorporating accurate weapon delivery modes and solutions involving minimum pilot workload. The aircraft is capable of carrying some of the most modern as well as conventional weapons, including:

70-100 Km range beyond visual range active missiles
Highly agile Imaging infrared short range missiles
Air to sea missiles
Anti radiation missiles
Laser guided weapons
Runway penetration bombs
General purpose bombs
Training bombs
23 mm double barrel gun

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 3:37am On May 19, 2021
mekussa:

If its true

Not good at all.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 4:16am On May 19, 2021
mekussa:

If its true

Considering that power has changed hands in the ranks of ISWAP, and that there was a lull last week, it is actually very possible that ISWAP is restrategizing.

Mt own question is that how did they move 50 guntrucks from northern Borno to Central brono without being spotted by military intelligence and NAF doing the needful?
It will be sad if after 11 years, the military doesn't have locals in strategic communities providing them with intels and the plans and movement of the terrorists.
The 50 guntrucks could have been going for any of the garrisoned towns, is it after the terrorist have penetrated that the airforce will deploy aircrafts for CAS?
50 guntrucks is a lot for the terrorists and could be the majority of their firepower, imagine hitting such convoy with fuel-air bomb, cluster munitions and rockets? Imagine how much it will weaken the terrorist?
Even the army cannot lose that much guntrucks within a day and remain normal for a long period of time.

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:24am On May 19, 2021
Whyem15:

Considering that power has changed hands in the ranks of ISWAP, and that there was a lull last week, it is actually very possible that ISWAP is restrategizing.

Mt own question is that how did they move 50 guntrucks from northern Borno to Central brono without being spotted by military intelligence and NAF doing the needful?
It will be sad if after 11 years, the military doesn't have locals in strategic communities providing them with intels and the plans and movement of the terrorists.
The 50 guntrucks could have been going for any of the garrisoned towns, is it after the terrorist have penetrated that the airforce will deploy aircrafts for CAS?
50 guntrucks is a lot for the terrorists and could be the majority of their firepower, imagine hitting such convoy with fuel-air bomb, cluster munitions and rockets? Imagine how much it will weaken the terrorist?
Even the army cannot lose that much guntrucks within a day and remain normal for a long period of time.

This information usually moves even within the military and locals. As Humanitarians we usually get this info on movements.

This ISWAP taking over Southern Borno started some months ago. In fact previously ISWAP did not control Dikwa area. It was after pushing JAS out of Dikwa that ISWAP started attacking Dikwa.

Previously Dikwa was very peaceful because JAS barely attack military formations reason most of the Soldiers were really overwhelmed by ISWAP attacks as they have never being used to such attacks on Dikwa community.

If ISWAP fully takes over Southern Borno it’s going to be a real war with Southern Borno soldiers who have not been used to ISWAP attacks. My location was last attacked in 2018. Imagine what would happen if ISWAP starts its pattern of continuous attacks here. In my location you could see some Soldiers strolling inside the town without their AKs.

Tho one of the disadvantages Insurgents will always have in Southern Borno areas is life limited locals support as Southern Borno/Sambisa areas are not Kanuri’s aside Bama and Damboa.

Well let’s watch as things unfolds.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 7:25am On May 19, 2021
There was a hell of a fight here

https://earth.app./NKDBn3

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 7:26am On May 19, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

This information usually moves even within the military and locals. As Humanitarians we usually get this info on movements.

This ISWAP taking over Southern Borno started some months ago. In fact previously ISWAP did not control Dikwa area. It was after pushing JAS out of Dikwa that ISWAP started attacking Dikwa.

Previously Dikwa was very peaceful because JAS barely attack military formations reason most of the Soldiers were really overwhelmed by ISWAP attacks as they have never being used to such attacks on Dikwa community.

If ISWAP fully takes over Southern Borno it’s going to be a real war with Southern Borno soldiers who have not been used to ISWAP attacks. My location was last attacked in 2018. Imagine what would happen if ISWAP starts its pattern of continuous attacks here. In my location you could see some Soldiers strolling inside the town without their AKs.

Tho one of the disadvantages Insurgents will always have in Southern Borno areas is life limited locals support as Southern Borno/Sambisa areas are not Kanuri’s aside Bama and Damboa.

The area attacked in sambisa may not be southern borno
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 7:31am On May 19, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Who cursed us? Imagine we took out this convoy of ISWAP which was more disastrous than JAS, why are we always reactive than proactive? The officers who got this information, what we're they thinking? Now, more men would die needlessly...

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 7:49am On May 19, 2021
If that info is TRUE, I ask.........

Does the Nigerian military not understand the significance of ISWAP and BH merging or ISWAP controlling areas surrounding Maiduguri?

The plan is to COMPLETELY SURROUND Maiduguri and the indifference of the decision makers is helping those bastards achieve their aim.

Even if the number of trucks moved was exaggerated, the number of troops and men needed to attack(let alone overwhelm) BH is too large to go unnoticed by intelligence.
We still dey on cruise mode with this war.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 7:58am On May 19, 2021
mekussa:
If that info is TRUE, I ask.........

Does the Nigerian military not understand the significance of ISWAP and BH merging or ISWAP controlling areas surrounding Maiduguri?

The plan is to COMPLETELY SURROUND Maiduguri and the indifference of the decision makers is helping those bastards achieve their aim.

Even if the number of trucks moved was exaggerated, the number of troops and men needed to attack(let alone overwhelm) BH is too large to go unnoticed by intelligence.
We still dey on cruise mode with this war.

Listen bro, for them to be attacking themselves means only one thing, they don't give a fvck about the Nigerian Army! You can't have a strong enemy and be concerned about piecemeal (NA).

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 8:05am On May 19, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

The funny part is that ISWAP hasn't attacked the isolated bases in Northern borno like Mallam Fatori, Cross Kauwa, Baga, Mogunno and Gamboru Ngala for years. These are the areas adjacent to their stronghold but they prefer to attack towns in South and Central Borno. I see it as they sensing that JAS is dying and moving in to get their lands. I pray the greed will eventually choke them when their fighters are spread so thing they wouldn't be able to carry out reasonable attacks.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 8:06am On May 19, 2021
youghs:

Can you please provide the coordinates for this... The link isn't working and I believe this is the effect of either artillery or airstrikes. There was a report of 40 terrorists killed near Kondugua earlier this week.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 8:17am On May 19, 2021
cutievik:

Listen bro, for them to be attacking themselves means only one thing, they don't give a fvck about the Nigerian Army! You can't have a strong enemy and be concerned about piecemeal (NA).

Not necessarily. JAS has been very weak even before the start of operation turai taka bango. That operation further weakened them. There are several reports from January and February of factions leaving the JAS to either join ISWAP or move to the north west to join bandits. The last series of attacks from JAS has been very mediocre. Just sting and harass in nature and they mostly failed. ISWAP is just the vulture moving in to feast on the carrion left by NA and NAF.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 8:30am On May 19, 2021
I got the coordinates. The location is about 18km from Bama and 27km from Kondugua.

11°26'31"N 13°32'57"E • 342 m

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:53am On May 19, 2021
youghs:

Fvck!! Like the whole area was totally burnt off
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:03am On May 19, 2021
Bandits take over Nigerian Army land in Niger as strange chopper hovers villages

EXCLUSIVE: Vast Army Land in Kontagora Harbouring Camps of Bandits Terrorizing Niger ….
Concerns Heighten on Alleged White Helicopter Hovering over Communities

A vast plot of land belonging to the Nigerian Army (NA) in Kontagora local government of Niger State is harbouring armed bandits terrorizing several parts of the State, PRNigeria has gathered.

Concerned about the development, the Nigerian Army under the current leadership is devising new measures to tackle the activities of the criminals on its land and in neighbouring communities.

The bandits have established their camps at Matan Kari, Fagai, Ozowo, Bihima and Kan Libo, among other mountains inside the army land. The camps, according to checks by PRNigeria, are mountainous areas, within the massive hectare, where the criminals first gather their abducted victims, before moving them to Kaduna, Zamfara and other Northern States, via forests’ paths. They are also being used by bandits operating within the axis to congregate herds of rustled cattle, before ferrying them beyond the State’s borders.

The ‘flat and levelled surfaces’ on top of the mountains, according to an undercover security officer and some locals, is where a yet-to-be-identified private helicopter often ‘touches down’. They, however, could not tell who owns the helicopter, and the mission it regularly undertakes to the bandits’ hideouts. He also told PRNigeria that whenever the white helicopter hovers around communities within Kontagora and Mariga axis, bandits’ attack follows.

It was learnt that a team of policemen and local vigilantes embarked on daring missions to the notorious camps of the bandits, on three separate occasions last year. Images of some items discovered on the mountainous hideouts, which include syringes, cans of soft drinks, spare parts of motor cycles, plugs, among other relics, were sighted by PRNigeria. The huge army land, which starts from the military Barrack in Kontagora town, extends over to Mai Guge community, in Mariga local government. It is almost 40km in length.

Credible sources said not only banditry, and kidnapping, but illegal mining secretly thrives on the land, too. Aside the Barrack, the Nigerian Army Corps of Artillery (NACA) and the Nigerian Army Training Centre (NATRAC) are the two other military institutions located in Kongatora LG. Though the expansive army land is yet to be fenced, a deep pit apparently for a foundation has been dug, right after the Barrack gate, before entering Kontagora metropolis. The foundation pit, covering over forty kilometres, extends to Mai Gegu.

The army, at various points beside the Kontagora-Mariga road, mounted the signage of their land, indicating ownership. It warned trespassers to keep off. The inscription on the signage reads: “Nigerian Army Training Area Kontagora Army Land Keep Off/Ba Shiga”.

PRNigeria learnt that the Kambaris, were the original owners of the land. But they sold it to the army, over 30 years ago. And while the Army is yet to start training its personnel, bandits have found ‘haven’ in the fallow land, using it to carry out their terror-inducing crime. There are several instances, where bandits emerge from various points in the army land, some of the displaced villagers told PRNigeria. They then, cross the kontagora-Mariga road to attack Usande, Magauta, Dutsen Magaji, and other sparse communities, on the other side of the highway.

A seasoned intelligence officer working for a security agency in Kontagora, who declined to give his name, said the ‘unfenced and porous’ army land is the reason bandits have been having a field day invading communities and wreaking havoc, across parts of Niger East. He said the bandits’ camps also served as escape routes for the criminals when other security personnel are mobilized for counter and rescue operations. He said when bandits attack communities surrounding Kontagora town, they fled with their victims and rustled cattle to their camps inside the army land. “Unfortunately, the army will deny us permission to chase the fleeing criminals. We have, on several occasions, informed the military authorities that their domain is used by bandits for cover, but they refused to cooperate with us, often telling us that the people our intelligence reports indicate are bandits, are actually not,” he added.

https://prnigeria.com/2021/05/18/army-land-kontagora-bandits/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Valkrie: 9:42am On May 19, 2021
mekussa:

If its true

We should be ashamed and crying...what the almighty Nigerian army could not do..I swap did with their 50 gun truck...!! Haba who is deceiving who?

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 9:56am On May 19, 2021
I'm seeing people being alarmed on Twitter because ISWAP has 50 guntrucks. I will even be shocked if they don't have more than that. A group that routinely deploys 20-30 guntrucks when attacking army bases and super camps will now not have more than times 2 or 3 that number.
The only disturbing development is that they can now get enough PMS to fuel up to 50 guntrucks per operation and have enough ammunitions to deploy on at least 50 guntrucks at a time. DHQ needs to do something about the fuel blackmarket around that side. It could be that they just pulled almost all their resources this time for an expansion campaign though which will mean a weakened Gudzamala. DHQ can then decide to launch an offensive in that axis from supercamps 15, 17 and 18. ISWAP will definitely pull back fighters from central Borno to defend Gudzamala which will in turn lead to stalling the expansion campaign.
Also, ISWAP moving to JAS areas southeast of Konduga(if that is where the battle occurred) isn't a big deal, they already have presence west and southwest of that axis. It might increase the frequency of attacks on konduga or might be part of a larger unfolding scenario.

Reducing the frequency of air interdictions in favor of CAS has created a huge loophole ISWAP is taking advantage of. Do the ISR platforms still operate in the northeast like this?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:05am On May 19, 2021
cutievik:

Who cursed us? Imagine we took out this convoy of ISWAP which was more disastrous than JAS, why are we always reactive than proactive? The officers who got this information, what we're they thinking? Now, more men would die needlessly...

50 Guntrucks ain’t much Na. ISWAP moves sometimes with more than this number. Even Fulani’s always come to military formations to give them info of seeing Large numbers of ISWAP gathering.

The problem is our sit down nature of the military here. Such info is no ish in as much as they don’t come to attack the military formation.

We cannot win this war by allowing them to bring this attacks to us.

Well let’s see how things unfolds.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:08am On May 19, 2021
Valkrie:

We should be ashamed and crying...what the almighty Nigerian army could not do..I swap did with their 50 gun truck...!! Haba who is deceiving who?

What's the big deal here? Sambisa has been cleared more than once by the army. The army has attacked and dislodged JAS several times from various parts of sambisa. The problem had always been preventing JAS from coming back and the fact that ISWAP is also dislodging them today doesn't mean they won't come back. It will be stupid of NA to commit troops to preventing JAS from reoccupying sambisa when same troops can be used for offensives elsewhere.
I really don't understand why you are so emotional over nothing.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.