Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,701 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1809) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3026464 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1806) (1807) (1808) (1809) (1810) (1811) (1812) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 12:38pm On Jun 29, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
A smart country will crush a terrorist group before they are confidence enough to think of putting up a fight.

If the Ghanaian FG was giving excuse for Fulanis herdsmen in Ghana, maybe their will be killings in different part of Ghana by now. They totally crushed them and kicked them out of Ghana.

The type of killing spree the Fulani heardsmen have been unleashing in Nigeria, they dare not try it in Benin republic. Dem dey round them up and butcher them immediately.

It will shock you when terrorists starts invading and killing in Ghana, Ghana has no MBT and jet fighters, they are just being hopefully that terrorists don't cross over from Burkina Faso.
You know nothing.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 12:41pm On Jun 29, 2021
sizzorchan:
yea if you learn from past mistakes and get creative. NA has shown unwillingness to do this. so i wonder what it is they've learnt. Doesn't seem like they are putting much of it to good use

Bro you can't compare NA of 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 to NA from 2015 to 2021 now, you can agree with me that a lot have improved, but they are slow.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 29, 2021
Roan77:

Lol you still don't get it, we are not fighting conventional war with Boko Haram and ISWAP, yet we have weakened they capabilities
Do you know how many countries it took to weaken ISIS in Syria? After many years? You no nothing about asymmetric warfare.
So why are the US not stopping the mass shootings and killings from gunmen in US?
You're the one that do not know what you're talking about mate. Is there any killing the Nigerian government have been able to stop sef? grin cultists dey kill and waka freely, touts dey kill and waka freely, terrorists they kill, bandits dey kill etc

Only a foolish man will compare the killings in the USA with that of Nigeria. Nothing less than 500 Nigerians have been killed unnecessary this year alone. A criminal go come out boadly with an assault rifle, they talk say e don kill soldiers and still ready to kill more, can a criminal dare try such a thing in the USA? Make a criminal start talking bodly about how he has killed so so so cops for so so so particular location, the guy is gone for good, pata pata, I give am 24hrs, he will be smoked out wherever he is in the USA.

If not that Syria was weakened by a civil war, ISIS won't dare attack syria. If not for the fall of Gaddafi, terrorists won't be this bold and operating freely in lybia. Or were terrorists operating in lybia and Syria this freely before the Arab spring?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 29, 2021
Is always one excuse upon another excuse.

Nah so a military personnel tell us say the Nigerian military no wan use full force against MEND, but this same military will gladly use full force on peaceful communities grin

Nigerian military no fit do pass wetin dem dey do for North East, I'm sure they want the war to end, but the capability to do so is what they are lacking. Even if the tucanoes reach Nigeria tomorrow, nothing will change. Them go find another excuse again cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MUTERIKA(m): 12:54pm On Jun 29, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
First time I will be hearing of all this you wrote up there especially the ones in bold grin
he is correct. DID language in school and my prof also said so. ONLY problem is that who will now help us tell the government to stop,putting tribe on official documents?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by chidekings(m): 12:55pm On Jun 29, 2021
Roan77:

It will shock you when terrorists starts invading and killing in Ghana, Ghana has no MBT and jet fighters, they are just being hopefully that terrorists don't cross over from Burkina Faso.
You know nothing.
every country is immune untill it happens to them

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MUTERIKA(m): 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2021
bidexiii:

Imagine if this happened to the NA. Just imagine what the media would say and blow it out of proportion.
THANK GOD FOR NA survival against all odds.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2021
Roan77:

You know nothing.
Mtchewww

So did Shekarau and his men crossed over from Niger republic or Chad into Nigeria? The Ghanaian Airforce have 5 or so Super tucanoes.

The Ghanaian army have Armoured fighting vehicles and Artilleries. All this is enough to fight a light infantry men like Bandits and other terrorists group.

How the Ghanians military will perform if terrorists try to invade Ghana is what I do not know, but what I know is that, they crushed armed Fulani heardsmen, and they are smart not to let terrorists gain access into their country.

If you check around, you won't see terrorists groups operating freely in well organized countries around the world. Check the list of countries terrorists they operate freely, they are mostly disorganized and failing countries.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MUTERIKA(m): 12:58pm On Jun 29, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Yes, Egypt is the strongest military in Africa on paper, and base on how powerful the Egyptian military is on paper, it should be able to crush the Ethiopian military but reality is often disappointing, this is why a regional army is holding is grounds against the central government army in Ethiopia, this s why UGM could held their own against the Nigerian army and police.

If we are to go by the books, ISWAP, bandits, armed Fulani heardsmen and Boko Haram should not be operating on Nigerian soil at all, not to talk of controlling some areas, but like I said before, reality is often disappointing.

DLD, this is off point jare. I feel like you dey shift the goal post.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 29, 2021
MUTERIKA:
DLD, this is off point jare. I feel like you dey shift the goal post.
Which goal post am I shifting? He asked a question

Will the Ethiopian military be able to stand the Egyptian military?

So what kind of goal post I dey shift guy

Nah just my opinion on the question the guy ask be that. They reason well before quoting some of my post abeg, is not necessary you quote.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 1:04pm On Jun 29, 2021
chidekings:

every country is immune untill it happens to them

Yeah, that was what happened to Niger, Chad, and Cameroon, they thought Boko Haram was only a Nigerian issue, till it started affecting them, now they are stuck with us together in the war against terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MUTERIKA(m): 1:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Which goal post am I shifting? He asked a question

Will the Ethiopian military be able to stand the Egyptian military?

So what kind of goal post I dey shift guy

Nah just my opinion on the question the guy ask be that. They reason well before quoting some of my post abeg, is not necessary you quote.
i won't take offense. BUT if by now, you don't understand that conventional warfare is different from asymmetric warfare, then i don't know what to say. YOU appear to me an ideologist.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Mtchewww

So did Shekarau and his men crossed over from Niger republic or Chad into Nigeria? The Ghanaian Airforce have 5 or so Super tucanoes.

The Ghanaian army have Armoured fighting vehicles and Artilleries. All this is enough to fight a light infantry men like Bandits and other terrorists group.

How the Ghanians military will perform if terrorists try to invade Ghana is what I do not know, but what I know is that, they crushed armed Fulani heardsmen, and they are smart not to let terrorists gain access into their country.

If you check around, you won't see terrorists groups operating freely in well organized countries around the world. Check the list of countries terrorists they operate freely, they are mostly disorganized and failing countries.

So Egypt is a disorganized and failing country right?
Ghana doesn't have any Super tucano in service, they only order for 5.
They have no jet fighters and MBT.
Like I said, you know nothing about military, just stick to posting your Sahara news, that's your specialty.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RiceProducers: 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2021
Roan77:

Man, people really underrates Nigerian military capabilities, fighting unconventional warfare.
Flying junky alpha jets, not f 16 or rafale or su-35 or f 35 to give deadly terrorists groups bloody noses and turning them into mere criminals.
Just imagine what more we could do if we had all these advance weapons.
I know there is a lot of things we need to improve, but we have made a giant stride in this war.
The war has thought us a lot of things, and we will keep improving.

Nigeria is spending $1bn extra on its airforce NAF this year alone. Nigerian Army is probably getting $250m. Nigerian Airforce probably $200m.
All this expenditure becomes impactful in 18 months.
When you add this to what we received and were already expecting this year (JF17s, Super Tucanoes, Tanks, MBTs, MALE UCAVS) The country will soon become a fortress. Nigeria will terminate its enemies with prejudice quickly and decisively.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 29, 2021
MUTERIKA:
i won't take offense. BUT if by now, you don't understand that conventional warfare is different from asymmetric warfare, then i don't know what to say. YOU appear to me an ideologist.
Where in all my post have I talked about asymmetric and conventional warfare been the same. Even on this same thread, someone once talked about Soldiers been retrained before they are been sent to fight terrorists.

It seems nah because person don talk am you sef dey talk am abi? grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 29, 2021
Roan77:

So Egypt is a disorganized and failing country right?
Ghana doesn't have any Super tucano in service, they only order for 5.
They have no jet fighters and MBT.
Like I said, you know nothing about military, just stick to posting your Sahara news, that's your specialty.
For the question in bold, This is why I said "they are mostly".

I'm not the only person always posting news from Sahara reporter on this thread, so direct am to una Daddy too grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
RiceProducers:

Nigeria is spending $1bn extra on its airforce this year alone. Nigerian Army is getting probably getting $250m. Nigerian Airforce probably $200m.
All this expenditure becomes impactful in 18 months.
When you add this to what we received and were already expecting this year (JF17s, Super Tucanoes, Tanks, MBTs, MALE UCAVS) [b]The country will soon become a fortress.[/b]Nigeria will terminate its enemies with prejudice quickly and decisively.
I hope so grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 1:29pm On Jun 29, 2021
of course now. I'm just saying certain situations still need work. lack of awareness, having terrorists get close to military formations, base breaches, improper base protection etc, those need work.

Roan77:

Bro you can't compare NA of 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 to NA from 2015 to 2021 now, you can agree with me that a lot have improved, but they are slow.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2021
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2021
sizzorchan:
of course now. I'm just saying certain situations still need work. lack of awareness, having terrorists get close to military formations, base breaches, improper base protection etc, those need work.

Yes I agree on that, that's why I said they still need to improve, but they have made some improvements over the years.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 29, 2021
Just In: Gunmen kill 12 persons in Kuru district, Plateau State
Gunmen have invaded a community on Sunday night in plateau state killing 12 persons in Kashe, Kuru District, South Local Government Area of the state.

Reports have it that the gunmen invaded the village in motor bikes shooting sporadically at the sleeping community.

Reacting to the incident, Rep. Dachung Bagos (PDP-Plateau) condemned the killing of 12 persons in Kashe. After touring the area, Bagos described the incident as “sad and unfortunate”.

He decried the spate of killings in his constituency and the state in general.
“This is very sad and unfortunate; that 12 able bodied men are killed for no reason.

“This is a failure to secure the lives and property of citizens.

“This is why we have been clamouring for state police, because with such arrangements, insecurity will drastically reduce.

“I don’t know if government is waiting for this to happen to public figures before it beefs up security in our communities,” he said.

Bagos called on security agencies to intensify efforts at safeguarding the lives and property of the people.

He also called on the people to be patient and law abiding, and to desist from embarking on reprisal attacks.

“I am pleading with the people to be patient and law abiding.

“We will continue to emphasis the need for restructuring of the security architecture that will address our current security challenges,” he said.

https://googleweblight.com/sp?hl&geid=NSTNR&u=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/just-in-gunmen-kill-12-persons-in-kuru-district-plateau/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2021
Roan77:

You know nothing.
Nigeria go do "ajayi" go help them....

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 29, 2021
Ajayi indeed.

How true is the news flying around about Kanu been arrest in London and getting deported to Nigeria.

He made a big mistake going against security personnel, fighting government is no child's play grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2021
What is happening here, Nnamdi KANU Arrested and brought back to Nigeria...So Nigeria get this kind means and Boko Haram Still they Exist? What a mystery!!!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Ajayi indeed.

How true is the news flying around about Kanu been arrest in London and getting deported to Nigeria.

He made a big mistake going against security personnel, fighting government is no child's play grin

Not deported, extradited. The minister of justice and arttoney general reported in a news conference

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 2:50pm On Jun 29, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Ajayi indeed.

he knows what he signed up for when he took the megaphone to be dishing out those orders..

Me I care less about the man nor his ideology but I'll always stand with my people no matter what..

If anything happens, there will be turmoil in the south east region..
Nigeria cannot afford any guerilla warfare..

Since ugm calm down.. I don dey flex my night life for Owerri..
Be like those Fulani redheads no like am undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:53pm On Jun 29, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Ajayi indeed.

Not just security personnel. When he started insulting every tribe in Nigeria years back I knew he is senseless and a Big Fool. Pride got into his senseless head.

He can enjoy his time cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:55pm On Jun 29, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Mtchewww

DLD, Abeg it’s Shekau not Shekarau our former Kano Governor na grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 2:57pm On Jun 29, 2021
seankafor:
he knows what he signed up for when he took the megaphone to be dishing out those orders..

Me I care less about the man nor his ideology but I'll always stand with my people no matter what..

If anything happens, there will be turmoil in the south east region..
Nigeria cannot afford any guerilla warfare..

Since ugm calm down.. I don dey flex my night life for Owerri..
Be like those Fulani redheads no like am undecided

When he is made to produce the list of all that donated towards the burning of the country, the foot soldiers won't be able to carry on with the insurgency.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 3:00pm On Jun 29, 2021
Whyem15:

When he is made to produce the list of all that donated towards the burning of the country, the foot soldiers won't be able to carry on with the insurgency.
lol, I don't think he will easily mention names grin no be Hollywood we dey

Well,let's see how it all goes
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:00pm On Jun 29, 2021
sizzorchan:
i could be wrong though, but it seems the occurrence of IED on the road troops use has decreased? haven't seen or heard of NA vehicles running over ieds in a while now. which is good of course, perhaps they are getting better at detecting them

Better at detecting them. One was seen in my zone three days ago cool

There is another area close to my ends military has not not allowed passenger vehicles to move for three days now. Military are doing a massive sweeping on the road.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by chidekings(m): 3:01pm On Jun 29, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Not just security personnel. When he started insulting every tribe in Nigeria years back I knew he is senseless and a Big Fool. Pride got into his senseless head.

He can enjoy his time cool
truth is sometimes power corrupts,when he was against fulani headsmen,he had the support of the people, but when he started killing security operatives,he lost it.and people were afraid to talk

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1806) (1807) (1808) (1809) (1810) (1811) (1812) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.