Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1846) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3042843 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1843) (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:06am On Jul 08, 2021
joshingjosh:

grin grin
I saw updated 16 days ago somewhere down and thought it was recent
Nah. It wasn't grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 8:10am On Jul 08, 2021
GabrielYulaw:

Thanks for the grenade launcher clarification.

As for the Type 63, it's just one of my favorite pieces of weaponry. And I will have to disagree on your statement that there's not much room to improve it. Though I agree that putting it on a vehicle is an old idea.

I would love to see an 18-launcher system weighing 300kg or less and equipped with thermobaric warheads, rather than the standard HE and HE-Frag warheads. The warhead can also be made bigger and for this range can be sacrificed. Think of it as a mini TOS Burantino wink

Edit: By the way, you are South African, right? I love your Denel G7. It's a marvelous little artillery with a lot of bite.

I learnt a single salvo can eliminate every living thing within 4km square
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:12am On Jul 08, 2021
NEMA, Security Agencies Hold Simulated Terror Attack In Abuja Stadium

The National Emergency Management Agency says the simulated terrorist attack was to prepare relevant agencies for coordinated emergency response.

Credit: Olatunji Obasa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 08, 2021
Xbee007:

You can fight banditry, insurgency and Kanu together. One does not stop the other.
I agree without reservation.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 08, 2021
Kaduna School Abduction: Nigerian Navy Personnel Killed By Bandits 3 Months Afer His Wedding (Photos)

The Nigerian Navy personnel, Bilal Mohammed, who died while defending students of Bethel Baptist High School, Kaduna, got married recently, IgbereTV has learnt.

Ordinary Seaman Mohammed and Nigerian Army personnel, Private Salisu Rabiu, lost their lives while engaging the bandits who attacked the school and kidnapped an unspecified number of students in the early hours of Monday, 5th July 2021.

A congratulatory message shared on Facebook shows that the gallant soldier wedded Khadija Suleiman on April 3, 2021.

https://igberetvnews.com/1395051/kaduna-school-abduction-navy-officer-killed-3-months-afer-wedding-photos/

I think is time for bandits to be proscribe as a terrorist group.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 9:33am On Jul 08, 2021
Guys, wetin dey happen here? 81rri shortlist came out with 1500 person's from each state. I checked Rivers and Zamfara, 1500 each... na so e dey bi? Or na say na just this one?

https://yakkata.com/2021/04/nigerian-army-81rri-shortlisted-candidates-for-screening-2021.html

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 9:45am On Jul 08, 2021
It looks like the Airforce($579m) and army($501m, NAFEX rate) are getting the lion share

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RiceProducers: 9:55am On Jul 08, 2021
lebuhsi:
It looks like the Airforce($579m) and army($501m, NAFEX rate) are getting the lion share

Airforce was originally N408bn. Someone must have postponed stuff based on what is implementable in a few years.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 08, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6639609/7-7-how-almost-died#103473306

The Nigerian Police Force is one of the most terrible in the world. If they had killed this guy, they would have planted a gun by his dead body and label him a cultist that was killed in a shootout.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 10:16am On Jul 08, 2021
lebuhsi:

These guys still haven't learnt the importance of police

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 10:27am On Jul 08, 2021
youghs:

I was thinking about the same thing

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 10:29am On Jul 08, 2021
RiceProducers:

Airforce was originally N408bn. Someone must have postponed stuff based on what is implementable in a few years.

Yeah, like they did for the JF-17s, it would be interesting to know the items they have one their minds though

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 10:32am On Jul 08, 2021
youghs:

All what the police has � getting,what has it been used for ?
The ministry of police affair suppose no collect for that money cos their importance is unknown to me .

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 10:34am On Jul 08, 2021
I know right. if police are properly armed and trained, we wouldn't need soldiers for 85% of the insecurity issues we are dealing with.
The military seems to have usurped the duty of the police

youghs:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 10:38am On Jul 08, 2021
Does anyone knows the estimate of soldiers stationed in North East?
Bidexiii
Joscofelix
SamuelAnyawu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 10:41am On Jul 08, 2021
EricBraven:

All what the police has � getting,what has it been used for ?
The ministry of police affair suppose no collect for that money cos their importance is unknown to me .

What have they been getting?

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joscofelix2: 10:44am On Jul 08, 2021
lebuhsi:
oga when you add both the supplementary with the military budget the airforce get up to 1bn$check this out
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joscofelix2: 10:49am On Jul 08, 2021
youghs:
Does anyone knows the estimate of soldiers stationed in North East?
Bidexiii
Joscofelix
SamuelAnyawu
the population of ghana solider 15000
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 10:55am On Jul 08, 2021
DSS

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 11:12am On Jul 08, 2021
lebuhsi:

I was thinking about the same thing
NPF haven't justified such increase

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Coolliot: 11:25am On Jul 08, 2021
Toju200:
DSS

Seems DSS and couple of SBS

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 11:26am On Jul 08, 2021
Coolliot:

Just DSS. You can see them on their camouflage.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Coolliot: 11:31am On Jul 08, 2021
iblawi:

What did I munch and post? With my earlier statement?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Coolliot: 11:32am On Jul 08, 2021
iblawi:

See again

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:34am On Jul 08, 2021
#ISWAP Jahadist Commander Abou MUHAMMAD killed in an attempt to detonate Hand Grenades in Boulaboulin in #Timbuktu Faruok wings. #ISIS looses confidence after two unsuccessful attempt on 153 SF brigade Damboa.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:34am On Jul 08, 2021
Coolliot:

yep you're right
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:37am On Jul 08, 2021
NAF Tucs around June

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joscofelix2: 11:46am On Jul 08, 2021
Toju200:
#ISWAP Jahadist Commander Abou MUHAMMAD killed in an attempt to detonate Hand Grenades in Boulaboulin in #Timbuktu Faruok wings. #ISIS looses confidence after two unsuccessful attempt on 153 SF brigade Damboa.
who say God no dey

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 11:50am On Jul 08, 2021
Toju200:
DSS
sleek

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 11:55am On Jul 08, 2021
Coolliot:

What did I munch and post? With my earlier statement?
Didn't look at that carefully b4.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 12:03pm On Jul 08, 2021
Toju200:

DSS

A good example of how quality is far better than quantity.
NAF which is next in line in equipping doesn't even come close.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 12:16pm On Jul 08, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

NPF haven't justified such increase

Why do you say so, Sir?

We could see the state of the airforce under Late AVM Alex Badeh RTD launching "airlines" to what they've been able to become today, due the increase in funding.

Wouldn't the police do better if they have more funds? They have the most men(450k) and they are getting a paltry $99m.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1843) (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.