Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1865) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3040466 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) (1866) (1867) (1868) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by willybaby(m): 8:28pm On Jul 16, 2021
Chidexter:

Oga my papa na soldier and died gallantly. Me na confirm barrack boy, for my entire life till of recent, so forget about hatred for army, I no hate them, I pity them.... You need to read up the meaning of decimation, Nigeria did not decimate bokoharam, you can use softer words like control, limit e.t.c. that's better.
we've limited, we control and we've DECIMATED Boko haram, please do well to check the meaning of the word decimate. Can you compare Boko plus iswap of today to what it was 2014, 2015 when the had more men, armour, weapons than some national armies and controlled large areas within Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 8:42pm On Jul 16, 2021
Reading comments on fp can be so depressing to the soul..
How did this hate on the country degenerate to this level?
Are we that worse as people portray on comment sections?
Do people blame their failures on themselves or heap them on grovenment to feel good?

I avoid fp comments for my sanity..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:54pm On Jul 16, 2021
youghs:

I was just about to say the same.
Seems like they've been delivered since the time NAF spokesman mentioned it

Am thinking in that direction too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:52pm On Jul 16, 2021
bidexiii:

@odunayaw Abeg come close the door cool
I'm still going to do reinforcements for this gate because kini gbogbo eleyi! grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ddream6627(m): 10:58pm On Jul 16, 2021
seankafor:
Do people blame their failures on themselves or heap them on grovenment to feel good?

Bullshit,can't believe you asking this type of question,tell us one thing that is working in this country,bro don't know if you reside in nigeria or not or you one of those privilege guy that happens to be born into a wealthy family but will tell you this people are suffering more than ever, everyone with little power will be oppressing the less,am not talking about the government alone oo,I mean everyone with power will definitely feel it's okay to oppress the less privilege and you asking why,pple are fucking tired of this hardship

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:01pm On Jul 16, 2021
seankafor:

The people on front page comments do not hate this country as much as our politicians, leaders, top Govt functionaries, Top paramilitary and Military do.

How would you feel when a top military General or Ministry of defense buys obsolete weapons so Dey can cash out of which has cost the lives of 100s of gallant soldiers. cool

13 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RiceProducers: 11:06pm On Jul 16, 2021
lifeisgood12:

talibans are the deadliest terrorists of all. Nato, Us, Russia could not do anything to them. Go check how many soldiers have been killed by the talibans compared to their number. Put talibans in nigeria, they would have conquered the entire northern region by this time.
The Taliban are no terrorists. The closest they came to terrorism was harboring Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda. They used to be the government of Afghanistan. They own the country as far as grassroots support goes. They are not making the US retreat, Afghans are making the US retreat using them

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lifeisgood12: 11:11pm On Jul 16, 2021
RiceProducers:

The Taliban are no terrorists. The closest they came to terrorism was harboring Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda. They used to be the government of Afghanistan. They own the country as far as grassroots support goes. They are not making the US retreat, Afghans are making the US retreat using them
are you dumb? read the interview with a veteran about why bidens removed troops from afghanistan. https://www.npr.org/2021/07/09/1014512171/president-biden-defends-decision-to-withdraw-troops-from-afghanistan.
Using your stupid logic. Boko haram are not terrorists either.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:13pm On Jul 16, 2021
Odunayaw:
I'm still going to do reinforcements for this gate because kini gbogbo eleyi! grin

grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 11:28pm On Jul 16, 2021
Odunayaw:

Lol, I can't believe the guy opened another account greet himself and also fight himself at the same time.
The syllabus of madness is widening day by day.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:33pm On Jul 16, 2021
youghs:

Lol, I can't believe the guy opened another account greet himself and also fight himself at the same time.
The syllabus of madness is widening day by day.
grin This guy say syllabus

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 4:44am On Jul 17, 2021
Chidexter:

Nigeria decimated bokoharam?. With all due respect, what did you take?.

Decimated-
To kill, destroy, or remove a large percentage or part of.

Today in 2021 Bokoheads are starving scavangers limited to a single state out of 36 in a single forest in the Chadian region missing the majority of there seasoned leaders away from 97-98% of the Nigerian population.

1. Boko Stomping Ground 2013
2. Casualties inflicted by Bokos

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 4:53am On Jul 17, 2021
Various Nigerian Special Forces

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 4:54am On Jul 17, 2021
AskiaHarem:
Various Nigerian Special Forces

Continued...

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Chidexter(m): 5:24am On Jul 17, 2021
AskiaHarem:

Decimated-

Today in 2021 Bokoheads are starving scavangers limited to a single state out of 36 in a single forest in the Chadian region missing the majority of there seasoned leaders away from 97-98% of the Nigerian population.

1. Stomping Ground 2013

You mumu no be small. They are everywhere bro, just more dynamic modus operandi and all. Bandits are their smaller factions and for your info you no decimate anything instead you clueless dolts ended up creating a bigger enemy. ISWAP.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Chidexter(m): 5:24am On Jul 17, 2021
AskiaHarem:

Decimated-

You mumu no be small. They are everywhere bro, just more dynamic modus operandi and all. Bandits are their smaller factions and for your info you no decimate anything instead you clueless dolts ended up creating a bigger enemy. ISWAP.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 6:23am On Jul 17, 2021
We should stop all these cursing, it’s unbecoming......say your view, counter if you must......but cursing is unnecessary.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RiceProducers: 6:52am On Jul 17, 2021
lifeisgood12:

are you dumb? read the interview with a veteran about why bidens removed troops from afghanistan. https://www.npr.org/2021/07/09/1014512171/president-biden-defends-decision-to-withdraw-troops-from-afghanistan.
Using your stupid logic. Boko haram are not terrorists either.

How ignorant are you?. What interview with a veteran are you talking about? I am telling you facts about a movement that I have been following for decades. A movement that became government before our very eyes while some of you were either not born or still shitting your pampers.
Every move of the CIA to overthrow the then Najubula government, the Northern alliance and many groups that were formed.

I dont form views out of other people's interviews. I leave that to you impressionable kids whose minds are not developed enough for independent judgement.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 17, 2021
Media chiefs in the country have said the media won’t be deterred by the directive of the Federal Government that the media should not divulge “details” of the activities of bandits, terrorists and kidnappers in their reports.

The President of the Nigerian Guild of Editors, Mustapha Isah; the National President of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, Chris Isiguzo; and the Executive Director, Centre for Media Law and Advocacy, Richard Akinnola; made this known in separate interviews with Saturday PUNCH on Friday.

According to them, the media reports activities and does not create events.

They advised the regime of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), to tackle the security challenges in the country and desist from its attempts to gag the media through the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed.

The media veterans were reacting to a directive by the National Broadcasting Commission that television and radio stations in Nigeria should not “glamourise the nefarious activities of insurgents” during their daily newspaper reviews.

Broadcast stations in Nigeria review newspaper headlines daily before their breakfast shows.

But the NBC, in a letter dated July 7, 2021, issued to television and radio stations, stressed the need for “caution” by broadcasters while reporting security challenges in the country.

The letter titled, ‘Newspaper Reviews And Current Affairs Programmes: A Need For Caution’, was signed by the Director, Broadcast Monitoring, Francisca Aiyetan, on behalf of the new Director-General of the Commission, Balarabe Ilelah.

A copy of the letter obtained by Saturday PUNCH, partly reads, “Headlines of most newspapers on a daily basis are replete with security topics. While bringing information on security to the doorsteps of Nigerians is a necessity, there is a need for caution as too many details may have an adverse implication on the efforts of our security officials who are duty-bound to deal with the insurgency.

“The commission, therefore, enjoins broadcasters to collaborate with the government in dealing with the security challenges by;

“Not glamourising the nefarious activities of insurgents, terrorists, kidnappers, bandits etc.

“Advising guests and/or analysts on programmes not to polarise the citizenry with divisive rhetoric, in driving home their point.

“Not giving details of either the security issues or victims of these security challenges so as not to jeopardise the efforts of the Nigerian soldiers and other security agents.”

According to Global Conflict Tracker, the insurgents have killed nearly 350,000 innocent women, children and farmers in Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, amongst other volatile places, since 2009.

On the other hand, the information minister has in recent times attempted to muzzle the press in Nigeria by prodding the National Assembly to amend the Nigeria Press Council Act and the National Broadcasting Commission Act, one that has been fiercely opposed by media stakeholders who described the move as an information blackout akin to the infamous Protection Against False Accusations Decree, otherwise known as Decree 4 of 1984.

Reacting, NGE President, Isah said he agreed with the NBC that broadcast stations should not glamourise the activities of insurgents but stated emphatically that the government could not tell the media how to tailor its reports.

Isah said, “The NBC said broadcast stations should not glamourise terrorist activities which I agree with but I have a problem with the issue of ‘don’t report details of attack’. I don’t know what the NBC mean by that. If there is an attack and certain people die, are you saying that I should not report it? If there is an attack and 20 students are kidnapped, are you saying that broadcast platforms should not report the number?

“I have not seen any media house report details of a planned operation by the military on bandits and terrorists. The media does not do that for security purposes and I don’t think we will ever do that.

“The government cannot tell us how to do how report. This is why we are clearly against the Nigeria Press Council Act.

“The media does not create events; we report events. If there is a terrorist attack, we will report it. In fact, if we don’t report it, that means we are not doing our job. We will not stop doing that, we will not stop reporting events despite the threats.”

Also, NUJ President, Isiguzo told our correspondent that the NUJ would ensure that the media space was not compressed in Nigeria under any guise.

He said, “This latest directive must be reviewed by the commission. The NBC must also ensure that its actions are in line with international best practices and must conform with time-tested models from other nations.”

Akinnola also described the NBC directive as obnoxious and a subtle attempt to gag the press.

Akinnola said, “It is quite unfortunate but it is difficult to gag the Nigerian Press going by its history, no matter the extrajudicial means. It is not possible. If the military failed, there is no way any government will succeed.

“The government has failed in the aspect of insecurity and this is a subtle effort to cover the inadequacy of the government.”

Also, the Socio-Economic Right and Accountability Project kicked against the NBC directive, and asked the government to withdraw the directive.

SERAP in a statement posted via its official social media handle @serapnigeria urged the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd) to withdraw the order.

“We urge President Buhari to instruct the NBC to immediately withdraw its illegal order to TV and radio stations not to divulge “details” of the activities of terrorists and kidnappers in their reports.
“We’ll sue if this sweeping gag order is not immediately withdrawn.”

https://punchng.com/we-wont-stop-reporting-terrorist-attacks-media-chiefs-dare-nbc/

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:08am On Jul 17, 2021
Somali Special Forces training with MARSOC.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:08am On Jul 17, 2021
#NNSBSC

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 17, 2021
willybaby:
thanks for calling me a bastard o, u only reminded me to keep to my aim of touching the life's of bastards, orphans, handicapped all around me..

Dubai guy toxic account number 2
How are my a toxic guy Wetin I don talk here wey other people never talk? shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 17, 2021
lifeisgood12:

talibans are the deadliest terrorists of all. Nato, Us, Russia could not do anything to them. Go check how many soldiers have been killed by the talibans compared to their number. Put talibans in nigeria, they would have conquered the entire northern region by this time.
When did the Russian military engaged the talibans?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:29am On Jul 17, 2021
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Gireiboy(m): 7:31am On Jul 17, 2021
Buhari said he will speak to the ipob in a language they will understand. But what he didn't know is that we had our guys undergoing training no soldier domiciled in the Nigerian Army has been privileged to receive.

Like I said before, there will be no elections in 2023.
Buhari will then continue been president, is that your plan?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 17, 2021
AskiaHarem:

Decimated-

Except from bombing in the likes of Pleateu and some other states you mention, Boko Haram never controlled most states in your map. In fact, When GEJ declared a SOE in 3 North Eastern state, people questioned why Adamawa was included. Boko Haram never had the capability to hold on to such a large territory.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 17, 2021
lifeisgood12:

More of a political group? What is boko haram's aim - to establish a northern islamic state that rules only by islamic law. What is taliban's aim - to establish an islamic state that rules by islamic law.
If we are to follow your logic... The UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc are terrorist countries? grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 7:39am On Jul 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
When did the Russian military engaged the talibans?

See how ignorant you are, yet you always claim to know things.
Russian/Soviet union were the first to invade Afghanistan, to fight the Taliban, but they lost woefully, before American/NATO came, and 20 years later, they still lost, and pulling out of the country.
Asymmetric warfare is the hardest war any country would wish to have.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kaplip(m): 7:50am On Jul 17, 2021
Roan77:

Russian/Soviet union were the first to invade Afghanistan, to fight the Taliban, but they lost woefully, before American/NATO came, and 20 years later, they still lost, and pulling out of the country.

It was first the Ottoman empire.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 17, 2021
Roan77:

I no wan dey reply your mention again, but let me show you how dull you are and why a dull thing like you do not deserve a reply from me.

The Taliban was established in 1994, while the USSR agreed to pull out her troops from Afghanistan in 1988 and all Soviet Union soldiers were out of Afghanistan by 1989.

So what year did the Russians and Talibans engaged themselves in Afghanistan and can you list out the names of some of this battles and where they took place in Afghanistan? ; grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 17, 2021
There was never a time I claimed to know everything grin No one knows it all.

The Talibans took over Afghanistan from the warlords after a civil war which they(Talibans) won. Different warlords were controlling different part of Afghanistan anyhow they like before the Taliban was formed, and they fought against the Warlords.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:14am On Jul 17, 2021
kaplip:

It was first the Ottoman empire.

Alot of Historians in the house grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) (1866) (1867) (1868) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.