Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1862) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3047034 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:35pm On Jul 15, 2021
bidexiii:

Am just hearing this please ?
Only 7 of them are coming with optical/infrared targeting system
They won't all have it na. All 12 wouldn't be pressed into combat at the same time no?

I'm so glad this is a reality. Since 2014! The southies so trolled us that year, hearing Tu not even Tucano used to make me hiss in defeat

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2021
Whyem15:

Non-Major Defense Equipment (MDE): This request also includes the following Non-MDE: Twelve (12) A-29 Super Tucano aircraft, seven (7) AN/AAQ-22F Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) Sensor and Laser Designators, Initial Spares, Readiness Spares Package, Consumables, Support Equipment, Technical Data, Repair and Return Start Printed Page 40759Support, Facilities infrastructure and hangar construction, Night Vision Devices (NVDs), Contract Logistics Services (CLS), Contractor Provided Familiarization and Training, USG Manpower and Services, Field Service Representatives, Training Services (pilot training, USAF training, early A-29 training, flight leader upgrade training, travel and living allowance, maintenance training, specialized training, computer-based training, night vision device training, human rights and international humanitarian law, and munitions training), Training Simulators, Air Worthiness Support, Forward Operating Base Facilities, Forward Operating Location Support, Ferrying, and Non-recurring Engineering. Additionally, all aircraft will include weapons software to support forward looking infrared sensors (FLIRs), ancillary system

Thanks @whyem15, you guys are on top of the game wink

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2021
Odunayaw:
They won't all have it na. All 12 wouldn't be pressed into combat at the same time no?

I'm so glad this is a reality. Since 2014! The southies so trolled us that year, hearing Tu not even Tucano used to make me hiss in defeat

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 7:24pm On Jul 15, 2021
NewDelhi:

My friend shut up there. If you no careful I go track you down and treat your fvck up for that same Nigerian army wey you dey.

I'm not your friend. You are an enemy of the state and will be treated as such. Period. People like you are the easiest to break. Coward using multiple monikers for trolling. You better worry because you are already on the list.

14 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 7:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
willybaby:
Spoken like a real Patriot God bless you richly, God bless Nigeria.

The Nigerian Army needs to upgrade it's motto to victory comes from God and better preparation.. remember we now have a space force grin I love Naija ooo no dulling bandits, Boko, ESN, Fulani gun men unknown gun men that are well known to tribal and religious bigots ur ends are all near

Not so sure though about the NA upgrading its motto so far it has delivered the dividends.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 7:30pm On Jul 15, 2021
Covert1:

Not so sure though about the NA upgrading its motto so far it has delivered the dividends.
Nigerian Army motto is plain ridiculous. It needs to be changed.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NewDelhi(m): 7:31pm On Jul 15, 2021
Covert1:

I'm not your friend. You are an enemy of the state and will be treated as such. Period. People like you are the easiest to break. Coward using multiple monikers for trolling. You better worry because you are already on the list.
See who dey threaten me say I dey list lol e be like say die dey hungry you this evening. Be like say that army work don tire you ba?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 7:40pm On Jul 15, 2021
NewDelhi:

See who dey threaten me say I dey list lol e be like say die dey hungry you this evening. Be like say that army work don tire you ba?
grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 7:42pm On Jul 15, 2021
NewDelhi:

My friend shut up there. If you no careful I go track you down and treat your fvck up for that same Nigerian army wey you dey.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixSeven: 7:43pm On Jul 15, 2021
bidexiii:

Am just hearing this please ?
Only 7 of them are coming with optical/infrared targeting system

As someone said before it is unlikely that all 12 Aircraft will operate in the air at the same time. Therefore the FLIR Gimbal is interchangeable, additionally the lead aircraft can also designate targets for its wingman with the targeting system.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 15, 2021
willybaby:
you seem to forget not too long ago your glorified USA designated Boko haram deadliest world terror group above alqaeda and Taliban.

So please stop looking down on the Nigerian military, with what they have since inception they have never dissapointed and am certain won't disappoint weda Boko or bandits or ESN etc
I'm not looking down on the Nigerian military. I just they talk as e b.

Boko Haram was once a powerful terrorist group but were not weaken by the Nigerian military, the reason Boko Haram is weak now is because some of their members formed ISWAP. As

ISWAP is one of the most powerful terrorist group in the world right now, that's why they are able to take the fight to Boko Haram and the Nigerian army in Borno south.

But this fight no get head or tail for over 10 years, with all the victory by the Nigerian army through their press release, I do not expect ISWAP to have the capability to spread their terror on Borno South and even killed Shekarau for the Nigerian military.

As for me, security is a disaster under GMB. Nothing has change. Nigeria is keeping Boko Haram at Bay, just the way Niger Republic, Cameroon and Chad dey do, there is nothing special in what our military is doing.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 15, 2021
Covert1:

grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:37pm On Jul 15, 2021
NIGERIAN ARMY PARTNERS ITALIAN MILITARY ON MANPOWER DEVELOPMENT

The Italian Defence General Staff Policy and Planning Deputy Division Head, Major General Massimo Biagini has sought to promote a collaboration between the Italian military and the Nigerian Army particularly in the area of military courses and manpower development. This was made known today Thursday 15 July 2021 when he paid a courtesy call on the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant General Faruk Yahaya at the Army Headquarters, Abuja .

The Italian Defence Chief disclosed that he was at the Army Headquarters to seek collaboration in the area of training and support towards tackling security challenges bedeviling the country. He maintained that the military of both countries had shared some commonalities, such as training of personnel in staff courses. He added that both military needed to take the relationship to a higher pedestal.

Responding, the COAS, Lieutenant General Faruk Yahaya represented by the Chief of Policy and Plans (COPP) Army, Major General Anthony Omozoje, noted that several NA personnel have benefited immensely from the Italian military, in the area of training and man power development. He said the NA will continue to partner with military institutions and other stakeholders, in the unrelenting effort to totally defeat insurgency and other security challenges confronting the nation.

Highlights of the event were signing of visitors' register, exchange of souvenirs and group photograph.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
15 July 2021

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2021
bidexiii:
[/b]Guys on my Facebook wall it's all news about the super tucano, even Sahara Reporters are not left out about the good news[b]

But What change will this Super Tucano bring in this terrain. What are the advantages over the normal jets NAF have been using in this combat.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2021
NewDelhi:

People like us don already die wake up na death dey fear us. Like I talk you still dey learn work. You never make noise reach Nnamdi kanu but hand meet am. Oya na continu rant na ur mouth and keyboard na there u reach no more.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

But What change will this Super Tucano bring in this terrain. What are the advantages over the normal jets NAF have been using in this combat.

Alot mate grin

In terms of numbers with the Jf17, that means our ground troops would get regular close in air support when ever they need it, regardless of been day or night with precision munitions that would send the fear of God into this miscreants.
Now on the super Tucanos itself:
The A-29 Super Tucano is the most reliable and cost-effective solution for basic and advanced flight and combat training, close air support operations, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR), armed over-watch, counterinsurgency and irregular warfare scenarios.
If properly put into use together with the incoming drones, that means there would be no hiding place for terrorist in the North East.

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Bidexiii has already given detailed advantages.

But look at it a bit more in lay man's terms.
Intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance (ISR) & advanced precision targeting day and night all on one platform meaning see-instant-kill capability. The time used in scrambling and vectoring an A-Jet or attack Helo to its target from a dedicated ISR Aircraft is eliminated.

Infact except a terrorist, bandit or ESN is dead and not exuding any heat signature in the line of fire he is already dead before he knows it.

The Tucano can loiter at high altitudes for extended periods of time at very low cost unlike fast jets making it an excellent COIN platform.

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2021
Nigerian Navy Naval Air Station

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 9:45pm On Jul 15, 2021
Nigeria to have Africa’s strongest military
– Osinbajo

He said in a few years, Nigeria would become “by far, the greatest military force in Africa.”

“We are Africa’s largest economy by GDP – states of Nigeria have larger economies than many African States. We have become the last frontier for major economic growth.

Vice President of Nigeria
Professor Yemi Osinbajo

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/340110-nigeria-to-have-africas-strongest-military-osinbajo.html

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Apart from all that has been mentioned, the cost of operating the tucanos is far cheaper than the jet engines meaning that they will be more available for CAS. They also have longer loiter time, they are slower than jet engines thus will comfortably take out enough enemies before passing over them and having to manouver back. And being a relatively new platform, they will come with newer technologies that will ensure more terrorists are detected/killed per encounter.
Most important, if used well, no ISWAP guntruck should return after every attempted attack.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Gireiboy(m): 10:08pm On Jul 15, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
The Talibans have more access to finance, where they can train and operate from etc.

Ethiopian couldn't defeat the Tigrayan army, see as people dey downgrade the Ethiopian army, Nigeria is also struggling against terrorists in her backyard for more than 10 years, but una go wail if them talk say the Nigerian army is incompetent.

Some people don dey wail about looting in SA, while bandits and Fulani heardsmen are busy raising down villages and killing people here in Nigeria.

For more than a week now, the DSS said they have found weapons in Sunday Igboho house, still yet, they haven't charge him to court... Nigeria is one of the few countries this kind of yama yama fit happen grin

Well sha, anyhow sha. The Talibans can't survive for up to a week in any US territory. ISIS can't survive for a week in any part of America.

Only in failing countries do terrorists hold sway. ISWAP spread to Borno south in our eyes, and even killed Shekarau, but una dey tell me for here say dey are defeated... It seems some of you here are comedians, a terrorist group that is defeated shouldn't be able to expand their territory grin

The Nigerien and chandian militart are not as powerful as the Nigerian military, what is stopping ISWAP to capture Niamey or N'Djamina? Even Somalia that is a yama yama country, the terrorists there do not currently have the capability to attack and take over the country capital... But una want make we dey dance for here because ISWAP is not in Abuja grin
Why mention Abuja bro, let them take Maiduguri first na!

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2021
#NN

Nigerian Navy Seaward Defence Boat III (SDB) enters the advanced stages of construction.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

They will not see it, or hear it coming like Alpha jets or Mi 35 helicopters, before it takes them out.
It's a silent and precision killing machine.
No hiding places for the enemies.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 11:29pm On Jul 15, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

A lot have been said about the capabilities of the super tucano already but just imagine an aircraft that can give support to ground troops for up to 5+ hours before refueling is required.

Doesn't really need ISR platform to give coordinates/guidance cos it can serve as ISR and take enemies out immediately without waiting for other jets to arrive.

Most importantly, it carries some of the most advanced weapons in the world. Accuracy of the weapon will also be a game changer.

Their are other capabilities that makes it better to use for COIN operation like slower speed, day and night visibility, cost of operation, weapons can be fired from greater distance, etc.

We are happy cos we expect a lot to change just like the MI35m changed a lot of things when it arrived too.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RiceProducers: 11:40pm On Jul 15, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Long patrol time watching the ground, intelligence and surveillance, precision strike like in desert storm ii, ability to attack targets accurately far (stand-off distances), ability to transfer data to other planes while fighting, ability to target the enemy for another plane to attack, bombs that find their own way to targets, rockets that can steer to hit a moving target accurately, ability to take pictures and videos of battle for later analysis

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 15, 2021
Major General Hassan Ahmed, former Provost Marshal of the Nigerian Army, has been assassinated in Abuja.

He was murdered Thursday night in the Abaji area. The assailants also kidnapped his wife.

A source close to the family told DAILY POST that the couple were coming from Okene when they were attacked.

“They opened fire on his vehicle, he died. The driver pretended to be dead from the wound he sustained, so they took the wife away”, the informant said.

The Chief of Army Staff, Faruk Yahaya recently appointed Ahmed a Director at the Army Headquarters in Abuja.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/15/nigerian-army-general-hassan-ahmed-murdered-in-abuja-wife-abducted/

If Nigeria is a sane country, GMB would have resign a long time ago.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 15, 2021
Seven persons have sustained fatal injuries and are feared dead at Dangote Sugar Company, in Gyawana, Adamawa State owned by Africa's richest man, Aliko Dangote.

Reports from the area, which is about 70 kilometers from Yola, the capital of Adamawa State, indicate that the soldiers opened fire on the protesters around 5pm today.

A resident of Gyawana told SaharaReporters that soldiers, despatched for the illegal operation, were hired by the management of the sugar company to chase the protesters away.

The soldiers, who reportedly came to the sugar company in four Toyota Hilux vans, allegedly left their duty post at Numan bridge.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/07/15/breaking-seven-feared-dead-soldiers-open-fire-protesting-staff-dangote-sugar-company
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 16, 2021
I wander why the National Assembly have not summon the Chief of Naval staff to come and explain why the Nigerian Navy supplementary list is only made up of Northerners. Stopping the recruitment process alone is not enough.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 16, 2021
Clown.

Hope you now understand that the operation to assassinate most of your Generals is now underway?

One was assassinated in Abuja.. A Major General..His wife was abducted also.

Covert1:

You might want to show us where BHT captured Nigerian soldiers en masse like happened with the Ethiopian army in Tigray.

I hope you know the meaning of the word en masse? Pls look it up before you answer I'm not won't to add that to your education. Some of you pained folks are so s.ick upstairs with hatred of Nigeria that you even deny things that are self evident with the world as witness.

And let me add capturing one Nigerian soldier is not a common feat. By Nigerian military indoctrination most commanders would rather die with their men or make a tactical withdrawal to fight another day which you bet is written in stone which must and always happens than to be captured alive for enemy propaganda. You attack us we are coming back stronger not capitulating in defeat like the Ethiopian Army.

Does it happen betimes, yes! But in the fog of war. But when compared with other african militaries it is highly rare to see a captured Nigerian soldier talk less of an officer. Please where did you see a Nigerian Army officer captured? At least in the numbers you insinuate, you must be a joke. You might show us the Air Force officer shot down many years ago but how bravely did he take his death with honor no flinching, and how many others either crashed or got shot down but rather chose to perish with their aircrafts than be captured alive. Pls spare us your false tirade.

And stop insulting us with Ethiopia that depends on aid to fund its budget and feed its people suffering from famine and whose soldiers barely have body armour or kit like a basic infantry soldier of the Nigerian Army which are arguably the best kitted in Africa.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 5:05am On Jul 16, 2021
I remember making similar proposal here, I think this is where our NIA is failing. For peanuts we would have gotten most of these abandoned vehicles in Afghanistan/Iraq when the US were pulling out of those countries but perhaps we're so much in love with Innoson pickups and Toyota Hilux for troops/logistics deployment. If we have been proactive to buy off or atleast as many as possible the arms stash when Ghadaffi fell, we would have killed many birds with a stone. Fortunately/unfortunately anywhere belle face/ insha'Allah is our national security strategy.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:16am On Jul 16, 2021
ugo4u:
I remember making similar proposal here, I think this is where our NIA is failing. For peanuts we would have gotten most of these abandoned vehicles in Afghanistan/Iraq when the US were pulling out of those countries but perhaps we're so much in love with Innoson pickups and Toyota Hilux for troops/logistics deployment. If we have been proactive to buy off or atleast as many as possible the arms stash when Ghadaffi fell, we would have killed many birds with a stone. Fortunately/unfortunately anywhere belle face/ insha'Allah is our national security strategy.

So true.
Reminds me of Nicholas Cage move “God of War”

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 7:33am On Jul 16, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

So true.
Reminds me of Nicholas Cage move “God of War”
Lord of War

(1) (2) (3) ... (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.