Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1872) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3019756 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1869) (1870) (1871) (1872) (1873) (1874) (1875) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:16am On Jul 20, 2021
Redemption1:
NA is ofe,I can't advice anyone to join the army, the corruption there is too much, their welfare is rubbish

My brother no decieve yourself, corruption is in every place or system in Nigeria.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:17am On Jul 20, 2021
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Redemption1: 4:50am On Jul 20, 2021
bidexiii:

My brother no decieve yourself, corruption is in every place or system in Nigeria.
I know sir but in our military na army own plenty pass

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:44am On Jul 20, 2021
Is it right for a Soldier to serve twice in the Northeast?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:44am On Jul 20, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Yes sir.
I know alot CO/NCO that as served twice in the N.E.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:45am On Jul 20, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Depends on the unit, if his unit is hotcakes and is sorely needed, in fact he will serve more than twice. By now the guys in AFSF, and other special forces that were active around 2018 should be getting ready to be redeployed.

Mind you, if the government is looking for you, you are safer in Nigeria than in any other country. There are millions of places you can hide in Nigeria, you can even hide in plain sight and nothing will still happen to you. It's still unconfirmed Sha.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:46am On Jul 20, 2021
NA killed 13 terrorists around Mafa town.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:56am On Jul 20, 2021
NAF should stop flying too low. BH/ISWAP has been fielding AA guns since the beginning of the insurgency and they've never been able to bring down any aircraft because NAF doesn't fly low in high risk areas. They should replicate it across the country.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:20am On Jul 20, 2021
NG Soilders

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:23am On Jul 20, 2021
Aggressor
#Flt Dairo
#Survivor

If not God by now his family will be mourning
God is good

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:32am On Jul 20, 2021
To our Muslim brothers on the thread and to every soldier across various theatres in the country Happy Eid El-Kabir

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:50am On Jul 20, 2021
bidexiii:

Yes sir.
I know alot CO/NCO that as served twice in the N.E.

Yeaaa I know a lot here that served in 2015 and they are back here in 2020/21. Tho I feel it’s not cool tho
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Salatavor: 7:50am On Jul 20, 2021
Odunayaw:
Does this "great truth" in any way make you feel accomplished? Because I don't understand why you guys go to great lengths to prove our enemies are alive and kicking
We go to great length to prove our enemies are alive and kicking because we do not want them to come and kick us in the face while those that are supposed to protect us live in the delusion that they are dead. Happy Sallah to all those that are not deceiving themselves here.

An enemy that can now shoot down jet fighters is what you are saying they are proving that they are kicking, they are not just kicking any more they are now shooting down jets. And you just bought 12 low flying turboprop farm planes with the hope that they will do the job that Alpha jet engines cannot do.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:52am On Jul 20, 2021
Whyem15:

Depends on the unit, if his unit is hotcakes and is sorely needed, in fact he will serve more than twice. By now the guys in AFSF, and other special forces that were active around 2018 should be getting ready to be redeployed.

Mind you, if the government is looking for you, you are safer in Nigeria than in any other country. There are millions of places you can hide in Nigeria, you can even hide in plain sight and nothing will still happen to you. It's still unconfirmed Sha.

Tho I feel it’s not cool. Imagine serving in Places like Rann, Wulgo, Mallam Fatori and Marte and after sometime you are redeployed back. That Soldier might go crazy sincerely.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:55am On Jul 20, 2021
Salatavor:
We go to great length to prove our enemies are alive and kicking because we do not want them to come and kick us in the face while those that are supposed to protect us live in the delusion that they are dead. Happy Sallah to all those that are not deceiving themselves here.

An enemy that can now shoot down jet fighters is what you are saying they are proving that they are kicking, they are not just kicking any more they are now shooting down jets. And you just bought 12 low flying turboprop farm planes with the hope that they will do the job that Alpha jet engines cannot do.

I just hope it wasn’t a Surface to Air Missile that was used, maybe an AA. But I never believe Bandits even had AA Guns.

Well let’s see how things unfolds.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:56am On Jul 20, 2021
Whyem15:
NAF should stop flying too low. BH/ISWAP has been fielding AA guns since the beginning of the insurgency and they've never been able to bring down any aircraft because NAF doesn't fly low in high risk areas. They should replicate it across the country.

Has it been confirmed it was an AA?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:57am On Jul 20, 2021
Whyem15:
NA killed 13 terrorists around Mafa town.

Nice one. More deaths to these Bastards

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 8:13am On Jul 20, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Nice one. More deaths to these Bastards
i left brono on sunday.i make some jorney to dikwa. marte. kukba, damaturu.135sf. 199sf 25bridage.81battalion .13tf bn. i met a popular commander who have being arresting iswap infomat
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:16am On Jul 20, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
i left brono on sunday.i make some jorney to dikwa. marte. kukba, damaturu.135sf. 199sf 25bridage.81battalion .13tf bn. i met a popular commander who have being arresting iswap infomat

You for reach my area 21SAB HQ make we do some bottles

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 8:26am On Jul 20, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Has it been confirmed it was an AA?

You don't even need to have an AA to bring down a jet, an ordinary GPMG can hit a delicate part of the jet which would make it crash.
I think the pilot was flying too low and the aircraft was hit by luck

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 8:37am On Jul 20, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

You for reach my area 21SAB HQ make we do some bottles
money no dey and i want reach house before sallah celebration. i go come you area in my next jorney. but wetin make marte and dikwa cool na so people just dey move around like nothing dey happen.people even open shop.. me wey na brono i come see na fear full inside any small gunshot fear go want kill me. military the live as one family. you come from different tribe and culture to live as one family.even their oga the play football with junior officer.people even dey drive suv self. met chiwar i get many story
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:37am On Jul 20, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Yeaaa I know a lot here that served in 2015 and they are back here in 2020/21. Tho I feel it’s not cool tho

At all.
If you do not serve more than 4 to 5 years deployment in the N.E, know that the possibility of 2nd deployment is high and possible. Am speaking for the Army.
The Airforce and Navy is 2 to 3 years highest.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:40am On Jul 20, 2021
From the Boss

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 8:47am On Jul 20, 2021
bidexiii:

grin grin grin
God this guy got balls, look at the shoes his wearing on the camouflage and is posture.
. grin that shoe off me oooo
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 8:54am On Jul 20, 2021
https://twitter.com/HumAngle_/status/1417110502631743489?s=19

Armed Group Kills Two Aid Workers, Volunteer In North-central Nigeria

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 20, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
money no dey and i want reach house before sallah celebration. i go come you area in my next jorney. but wetin make marte and dikwa cool na so people just dey move around like nothing dey happen.people even open shop.. me wey na brono i come see na fear full inside any small gunshot fear go want kill me. military the live as one family. you come from different tribe and culture to live as one family.even their oga the play football with junior officer.people even dey drive suv self. met chiwar i get many story
Knack us stories jawe cool

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 20, 2021
The Nigerian Army said on Monday night that troops of 151 Task Force Battalion recently staged an ambush operation on an identified terrorists’ crossing point
along Banki Junction, Miyanti road to prevent movement of terrorists’ logistics and replenishment noting that it was part of a concerted effort to ensure terrorists are cleared within their area of
responsibility.

At the ambush site, the vigilant troops came in contact with the unsuspecting terrorists and neutralised three BHTs, while others escaped with gunshot wounds.

In a separate operation, troops of 151 Task Force Battalion (Bn) in 21 Special Brigade area of operational responsibility on 15 July 2021 arrested suspected members of Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) and Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) who surrendered to troops along with their families, while
fleeing their enclaves, following the continuous bombardment of their hideouts by troops of the Battalion.

A statement by Brig Gen Onyema Nwachukwu, Director of Army Public Relations said, “The escaping terrorists and their families were arrested at the outskirts of Aza and Bula Daloye villages in Bama Local Government Area of Borno state by troops of the Battalion on fighting patrol at Miyanti and Darajamel.

“The arrested suspects comprised eleven adult male terrorists, five adult females and twelve children.

“The troops also recovered 27 rounds of 7.62 mm (Special) ammunition, 3 AK 47 rifle magazines and a black fragmental Jacket from the suspects.

“They are currently undergoing preliminary
investigations.

“In a separate operation on 17 July, 2021, troops of 7 Division Garrison in conjunction with Civilian Joint Task Force; acting on credible intelligence tracked and
arrested Boko Haram informants and logistics suppliers, during a cordon and search operation in Lawanti and Gongolun Communities of Jere Local Government Area of Borno state.

“During preliminary investigations, the suspects confessed to have been working as informants for the terrorists, whom they provide with information on troops’ movements, locations, deployments, strength, the calibre of weapons and other activities.

“They also admitted to having supplied the terrorists with basic logistics for their daily survival, ranging from Petroleum Oil and Lubricant (POL), drugs, mosquito nets, kolanuts, recharge cards and foodstuff.

“The suspects also disclosed that they were remunerated by the terrorists with proceeds made from selling dismantled old motorcycle parts to dealers in order to fund their purchases.

“The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Faruk Yahaya has commended the proactiveness of the troops in the ongoing Clearance Operations.

“He charged them to maintain the tempo and ensure the terrorists are smoked out of their enclaves”.

Meanwhile, the Theatre Commander (TC) Joint Task Force North East Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK), Major General Christopher Musa has charged troops in the theatre of Operations to dominate their areas of responsibility against Boko Haram (BHT) and Islamic State West Africa Province terrorists (ISWAP) in order
to ensure total return of normalcy and peace to the northeast.

Maj Gen Musa gave the charge during his visit to troops of Sector 3 in an effort to appraise ongoing operational activities, as well as, to motivate troops of 68 Battalion and 5 Brigade deployed in the frontlines
at Mallan Fatori and Damasak respectively.

The visit was in continuation of his familiarization and operational tour of troops’ deployment at the frontlines in the North East theatre.

The TC, who was briefed on the operational engagements, logistics and challenges of the Battalion by the Commanding officer, Lt Col Victor Ashinze,
expressed appreciation to the troops for their selfless sacrifices in the fight against terrorism and insurgency.

He tasked them to be more resilient and steadfast in the conduct of their operations.

Gen Musa noted, that as border towns between Nigeria and Niger Republics, the locations are strategic and must therefore be dominated by the troops.

He assured the troops of the determination of the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lieutenant General Faruk Yahaya to ensure all requisite logistics and support for the successful conduct of the ongoing counter insurgency war are provided.

The TC further advised the troops to remain focused, disciplined and conduct themselves professionally.

He also visited and commiserated with Wounded-in- Action troops, who are receiving medical attention.

The TC was accompanied on the visit by Commander Sector 3, Brigadier General Godwin Mutkut and other Principal Staff Officers from the Theatre Headquarters.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/terror-war-troops-eliminate-several-boko-haram-iswap-terrorists-in-borno/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:54am On Jul 20, 2021
Chidexter:

When I see shit I say it as it is. The military and their incompetence is alarming. I'm sick and tired of their failures which on a level ground shouldn't even exist..
Do you know what it feels like losing a dad, I lost my classmate to this menance as well and my friend who during our younger days was very athletic and an all-round physical individual, so full of life yet the army could only provide soft skin vehicles for bokoharam to feed on them.
Where was the money allocated to them going to. Do you know that at the age of 55years a soldier at Central vehicle depot, ojo. Was sent back to sambisa barely three months after he came back?. Treat your soldiers like an asset!!

My uncle who acts as spy for the Nigerian army was shot at the back at a bokoharam market where he went for Intel. Gathering.

What did the army do?. They sent him back to us, he stayed just two months and he was called back. I personally saw and touched his bullet wound, why such hap-hazard method of doing things by the army. Does the army even know or acknowledge the fact that some soldiers suffer from PTSD. Let me tell you, the army will always say your position is impossible to fill but bro once you're gone, there's a replacement waiting in line almost immediately( indispensable my foot). There's a soldier at a popular cantonment who was shot on the leg(won't mention what part) I asked him in public why he hasn't gone for surgery to remove the bullet, he said the doctor would amputate if he does, later on with one of my uncle he told us that the reason he limps as if he's injured is to avoid getting redeployed till he processes his retirement. Forget, I know how the army system, structure, favouritism works. I can't keep tab of how many times my dad would come home complaining of the corrupt issues going on at the office. I will continue to criticise the army until they start getting things right.....

Sorry for your loss bro. There's nothing you've said here that is news to me. I have mourned two of my friends on this same thread...in fact it was much more traumatic for me because I found about their demise on nairaland!

However when you look at it again (not forgetting the ills in our Army), we know who our enemies is! All our friends and families didn't die in good old age. Our enemies killed them. I don't know about you but I'd keep celebrating our gains over our enemies. That's paramount. Shouldn't it?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:06am On Jul 20, 2021
Salatavor:

Farm planes? I must apologize to myself for expecting any sense from you.

Now get off my mentions

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:09am On Jul 20, 2021
Whyem15:
I feel its technology handicap that caused him to fly low. No FLIR to safely ID who's on the ground so they must do the "eye test" and that's where it gets dangerous.

With the Tucano, there is capability for Hunter-Killer ops. See and attack from safer altitudes

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:11am On Jul 20, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

You mean you've never heard it in Hollywood movies that someone served "2 tours in Afghanistan" or "4 tours in Iraq"?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RZArecta(m): 10:19am On Jul 20, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

I just hope it wasn’t a Surface to Air Missile that was used, maybe an AA. But I never believe Bandits even had AA Guns.

Well let’s see how things unfolds.
I've been saying it for years that this problem will never be solved until these people are called by their proper name which is TERRORISTS. When you understand that they're terrorists and address them by that appellation, your mind will quickly accept the fact that they can get access to a vast arsenal of weapons including but not limited to SAMs and AA guns. You (government) will then accept the scope of the problem and proffer adequate solutions

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1869) (1870) (1871) (1872) (1873) (1874) (1875) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.