Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,654 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3014535 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:10am On Jul 20, 2015
celeron40:
Bidexii..nice thread. Taking off from where Sirus left off. Pls can you clear the air on some questions I have?
1. Why are troops in Adamawa always better kitted?
2. Why are there hardly any combat footages from a war of over 6 yrs? Is the army against it or what?
3. What is the estimated strenght (number) of Boko haram foot soldiers?

Deathmachine..pls add thoughts if any..Thank you.
4. Unlike the U.S campaign in Iraq, a large number of commissioned officers have been killed in this war..why the high number?

1; honestly u r a kEen observer, in my own opinion I think we should give that credit to the commandant/commanding officer in adamawa .

2; that is the kind of system NA runs. A lot of secrecy in all what they do and the reason for these I don't know ?

3; estimated number of BH foot soldiers; I think there numbers av being reduced greatly, in sambisa forest/chad and niger: I would say they are in there few thousand because these bloody people as a lot of sympathizers and dey r recruiting by the day ?

4; Most of our commissioned officers as not tasted combat for years before the war broke out unlike united states that has a lot of battle fronts. And how often do NA organiZed stimulated combat for its personnel's to know there combat readiness,strength and effectiveness, even when the war his over. NA has lost a brigadier general to dis war its such a bad thing !
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:13am On Jul 20, 2015
Wadosky:

No no no bidexii I want ur opinion on d issue of marginalisation cos am a victim .I know how passionate my mum was about military ,how she bought academy forms for me n exams I took at 82 div Enugu but today I feel robbed cos I passed into federal government colleges but not d academy.am a strong believer in one Nigeria but the authority's would rather admit mostly northerners in d army.issues like this should be addressed cos I hold u in high esteem.

Honestly I don't want to derail d thread but I would be honest with, the issue of marginilization is in all sectors of our government and is still happening to day !
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:24am On Jul 20, 2015
ANY-ONE WHO KNOW'S WHAT THESE GUYS ARE ?

1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 20, 2015
bidexiii:
see madness
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 6:39am On Jul 20, 2015
bidexiii:
Google failed me on this one. Lol. SF trained in the use of knife weaponery or something. Pls, give an answer b4 i die of criousity.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:45am On Jul 20, 2015
IbnSultaan:
see madness
?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:16am On Jul 20, 2015
Inside Nigeria’s Command and Control Centre in Maiduguri

In the last six years, though with little to show for it, the
Federal Government had expended billions of naira in the
fight against Boko Haram. The campaign by the violent sect
has so far claimed thousands of lives, maimed many others,
displaced over 1.5 milion personsand crippled the social
and economic life in the North-East of the country.
A large swath of territory was also annexed by the sect
though former President Goodluck Jonathan had, at the tail
end of his administration, reclaimed most of the areas
where the insurgents’ leaders hoisted their flags, appointed
Amirs (governors and administrators) and declared them
part of the caliphate.
But the feat by Jonathan was eclipsed by many factors,
including the failure to effectively stem the tide, and the
inability of security forces to rescue many abducted people,
notably a Chibok girls who were abducted from their school
on April 14, 2014. Therefore, the general opinion within and
outside Nigeria was that there was no commensurate result
in the huge investment in the anti-terrorism campaign.
However, on May 29, 2015, the newly-elected President
Muhammadu Buhari took over the mantle of leadership and immediately directed the establishment of a Command and Control center of the military in Maiduguri, the epicentre of the crisis. Indications have emerged that very few people know what command and control centre means, especially in military parlance. And wittingly or unwittingly, despite the coming of the command centre, Nigerians and the rest of the world are yet to come to terms with the escalation of killings by the Boko Haram in the North-East, North-Central and North-Western parts of the country, especially in the last 40 days of the Buhari administration.
“The new approach is not a magic wand that will turnaround everything in a twinkle of an eye, Nigerians must be a bit patient,” said an army colonel, who is playing an active role in establishing the centre at the 7 Division of the Nigerian Army at the Maimalari Barracks, Maiduguri.
According to him, “I can assure you that the recent upsurge
in attacks by the terrorists will definitely not last long…the
attacks are the hallmark of terrorists’ tendencies of instilling
fear and bogus claim of might; we would definitely contain
them,” he said.
Another senior army officer said the command centre does
not mean the relocation of the defence or army
headquarters from Abuja to Maiduguri. “It does not mean
that the service chiefs would park their loads and relocate to Maiduguri even though they would be coming regularly. The essence (of the centre) is to have a commander that will
have absolute control over the Army, the Air Force, the Navy
and even Customs, Immigrations, the Police and other
paramilitary establishments.”
According to him, “Command and control centre is not a
new thing; it is obtainable in other climes, especially in the
United States, which is fighting terrorism on various fronts.
What President Buhari did was that he brought his military
experience to bear in ensuring a permanent solution to the
Boko Haram excesses.
“Before the coming of the centre, there was no coordination
and no synergy between the army, the air force and the DSS.
Everybody was somehow taking decisions unilaterally and
there is no way you can win war when there is no genuine
cooperation. The commander of the control centre will have
the mandate to direct the army to advance to a battlefront
anytime he deems it necessary; to give orders to the Air
Force to carry out reconnaissance and to ask for intelligence
report from anybody without necessarily making endless
calls or memos to Abuja,” he said.
Checks revealed that the United States Department of
Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms defined
command and control centre as: “The exercise of authority
and direction by a properly designated commander over
assigned and attached forces in the accomplishment of a
mission.”
It added that, “Command and control functions are
performed through an arrangement of personnel, equipment, communications, facilities, and procedures
employed by a commander in planning, directing,
coordinating, and controlling forces and operations in the
accomplishment of the mission. “Commanding officers are assisted in executing these tasks by specialized staff officers and enlisted personnel. The military staff is a group of officers and enlisted personnel that provides a bi-directional flow of information between a commanding officer and subordinate military units. The purpose of a military staff is mainly that of providing accurate, timely information which by category represents information on which command decisions are based…”
The above explanation tallies with what the Nigerian army
headquarters said few days after the establishment of the
command centre in Maiduguri.
A statement issued by the Acting Director of Army Public
Relations, Col Sani Usman said, “A reconnaissance and
advance team for the establishment of Military Command
and Control Centre (MCCC) for OPERATION ZAMAN LAFIYA
for the fight against terrorism and insurgency has moved to
Maiduguri, Borno State. The team, which is led by a Two-Star General, had already commenced work in earnest.”
He said the team is comprised of elements of the Office of
the Chief of Army Staff and all the relevant Army Headquarters Departments and other combat support
components and that the Centre would serve as a forward
command base for the Chief of Army Staff and other Service
Chiefs.
“From now on, the fight against terrorism and insurgency
would be monitored, coordinated and controlled from this
centre.
Daily Trust on Sunday reports that a look at the newly
established command and control centre in Maiduguri gives
a vista of hope.
During his recent visit to Borno State as part of activities
marking this year’s Nigeria’s Army Day Celebration, the
former Chief of Army Staff, Lt Colonel Kenneth Minimah told
Governor Kashim Shettima and the Shehu of Borno, Alhaji
Abubakar Garbai Al-Amin El-Kanemi that the recent
deployment of troops and equipment for the new command
centre was meant to actualize the new approach to the fight
against the Boko Haram.
He said the systems would optimize the combat
effectiveness of the Nigerian troops towards playing a
significant role in ensuring the corporate existence of
Nigeria as a violent free nation, devoid of terrorists’
activities.
Another officer told our correspondent that the command
centre would also work closely with the Multi-National Joint
Task Force (MNJTF), a collaboration between Nigeria, Chad,
Cameroon, Niger and Benin Republic. So far, hundreds of
officers and men of various security agencies have been
transferred out of Maiduguri while in the last four weeks,
many others had been deployed to work in the new
command centre.
Heavy trucks have also conveyed fighting equipment,
including shell-car and armoured personnel carriers (APCs).
Similarly, in the past few days, there are also increased
activities by helicopters and fighter jets at the 79 Composite
Group Air Force Base and the Maiduguri Airport.
A source at the 7 Division said, “the troops are part of the
new hands that were mobilized to enhance the capacity of
the command centre that was established here (Maiduguri).
The officers and men that are being deployed would be sent
to the battle front in various fringes, including the Sambisa
forest and around the borders with neighbouring countries,”
he said.
He said some of the steps taken by President Buhari were
partly responsible for the resolve of world leaders to invite
him to Germany in June this year where he attended the G-7
meeting.
“The president got the positive words of world leaders
towards taming the Boko Haram monster which is a clear
departure from what obtained during the Jonathan era, so,
Nigerians should be positive in their expectations,” he said.
It is now left to be seen whether the command centre would
yield the desired results in the coming weeks and months as
Nigerians are increasingly becoming agitated by the
excesses of the Boko Haram.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 20, 2015
bidexiii:

?
what's d sense behind that it could make mobility difficult
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:02am On Jul 20, 2015
IbnSultaan:

what's d sense behind that
it could make mobility difficult
U r the most funniest dude ,what will reduce mobility in what they r carrying when they are not even well geared and kitted.
Avent u seeing soldiers with there shuttle bag pack and iron tools like axe,spincers and heavy iron pods for breaking doors ?
If u r a soldier and u tell me what dose gu4 r carrying will reduce mobility then u such person is not fit to be a soldier ?

Avent u seeing soldiers doing "combing and moping up operations" dey carry such tools or weapon to break door with barriers and they even go with heavy bag packs and gear webbings yet they are not being slown down !
That is where the training and discipline,that is why nigeria soldiers would not wear appropriate gear webbing even when provided for !
There is a standard gear webbing,weapon and tools that a soldier should carry and it is far heavier than what u seing in dat picture ? Believe it or not !

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by unknown87: 8:37am On Jul 20, 2015
bidexiii:
Wow I just saved the pictures. These are the men of the EOD ( Explosive Ordinance Department) they are the ones that disarm the IEDs. Takes a lot of courage to that man

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 20, 2015
bidexiii:

U r the most funniest dude ,what will reduce mobility in what they r carrying when they are not even well geared and kitted.
Avent u seeing soldiers with there shuttle bag pack and iron tools like axe,spincers and heavy iron pods for breaking doors ?
If u r a soldier and u tell me what dose gu4 r carrying will reduce mobility then u such person is not fit to be a soldier ?
so you are OK with a soldier carrying axe, knifes on his back like my village sword man

putting it in a safe bagpack is the right thing n carrying it shekinan
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Pangea: 9:12am On Jul 20, 2015
unknown87:

Wow I just saved the pictures. These are the men of the EOD ( Explosive Ordinance Department) they are the ones that disarm the IEDs. Takes a lot of courage to that man

May God have mercy!
With those kind of tools, their attrition rate will be extremely high!
What da Bleep do they do with those knives and axes?
Do they stab the improvised devices to death?

I'm sure those guys are the ones on revenge mission against captured boko harams!
Like torture and all.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 9:56am On Jul 20, 2015
Simple logic tell me this guy's are skilled knife throwers!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Captwahala(m): 11:00am On Jul 20, 2015
bidexiii:

Most likely EOD units.

Take notice the camo t-short in the first picture. I saw a "Special forces of the Nigerian Armed Forces" poster a few weeks ago and it had operatives dressed in some interesting uniforms. There were 2 or 3 digital camo patterns and also complete webbings. I didn't get a good look because it was on some oga's desk and I didn't want to get frog-jumped for snooping grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Captwahala(m): 11:14am On Jul 20, 2015
bidexiii:
NEW BUT YET TO BE IDENTIFIED,NAF UTILITY HELICOPTERS
ON THE BATTLE FRONT'S.

These are civilian helicopters. This particular one and a sistership were used heavily during the 2015 election campaign in Northern Nigeria. i saw them many times all over the place. The soldier is probably one VIP protection duties.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:19am On Jul 20, 2015
IbnSultaan:

so you are OK with a soldier carrying axe, knifes on his back like my village sword man

putting it in a safe bag pack is the right thing n carrying it shekinan

@ibnsultan u will be a very gud lawyer putting it into a bag will either slow u down considering the weight of the tools + the bag ?
U would av said its not professional putting those tools inside there bullet proof vest and it would not be convenient to carry or use !
Its in the infantry training where by they put stones inside ur bag,and u treck miles with it ! because on the real battle field u gonna carry all what u need ! So it as to be part and pastel of u ! Especially if u r a ranger .
Carrying those tools and weapons like that I say its not cool and I agree with u on that !

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:20am On Jul 20, 2015
Captwahala:

These are civilian helicopters. This particular one and a sistership were used heavily during the 2015 election campaign in Northern Nigeria. i saw them many times all over the place. The soldier is probably one VIP protection duties.
Okay but what r they doing in battle field front-lines ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:29am On Jul 20, 2015
OPERATIONAL PICTURES

1st and 2nd picture are soldiers digging out trenches.

3rd picture is the rear back of a AW109 helicopter

4th picture is a CV/VP III bigfoot MRAP.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 20, 2015
bidexiii:

@ibnsultan u will be a very gud lawyer putting it into a bag will either slow u down considering the weight of the tools + the bag ?
U would av said its not professional putting those tools inside there bullet proof vest and it would not be convenient to carry or use !
Its in the infantry training where by they put stones inside ur bag,and u treck miles with it ! because on the real battle field u gonna carry all what u need ! So it as to be part and pastel of u ! Especially if u r a ranger .
Carrying those tools and weapons like that I say its not cool and I agree with u on that !
haha. lawyer ke.I see ur point sha
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2015
IbnSultaan:

see madness
I wouldnt say its madness (my opinion), simple improvising, making space for side arms instead of having daggers sticking all over. My thoughts, just curious why so many daggers and axe, could it be that soldiers have been running short on ammo in combat operations.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SiriusBlack: 1:11pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nice thread Bidexii..Keep the Green n' White flag flying..
Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
SiriusBlack:
Cheers.

@ siriusblack I dey haiL ooO !!!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2015
NIGERIA ARMY SF AND CTION/CTCIC BATCH

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2015
Army upbeat change in tactics that will crush Boko Haram

- The Nigerian Army is confident a new operational code for war it has launched in the fight against the Boko Haram would eliminate the terror sect.
The Chief of Army Staff, Major General Tukur Buratai, renamed the operational code from Zaman Lafiya (Living in Peace) to Lafiya Dole (Peace a Must).This was during his tour of the military formations in the troubled Northeastern region of the country.
The Chief of Army Staff, who was accompanied by the Borno State Deputy Governor, Alhaji Zannah Umar Mustapha, and other service chiefs to the 103 battalion Konduga, where the new operational code was launched amidst cheering soldiers.
Buratai said the ongoing activities of Boko Haram was assuming an alarming dimensions in Borno and other parts of the north east."We will not tolerate the killing of citizens and destruction of property, in as much as we urged you (troops) to adhere strictly to human rights, the time to crush Boko Haram and other criminal activities in this country is now or never," he said.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by realnas(m): 2:01pm On Jul 20, 2015
SiriusBlack:
Cheers.
bro where u hv been its good to knw u are fine so what's up now that oga minimah is out that means its about time ur thread comes back alive eh? Rly missed ur thread tho

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 20, 2015
celeron40:
Bidexii..nice thread. Taking off from where Sirus left off. Pls can you clear the air on some questions I have?
1. Why are troops in Adamawa always better kitted?
2. Why are there hardly any combat footages from a war of over 6 yrs? Is the army against it or what?
3. What is the estimated strenght (number) of Boko haram foot soldiers?

Deathmachine..pls add thoughts if any..Thank you.
4. Unlike the U.S campaign in Iraq, a large number of commissioned officers have been killed in this war..why the high number?
they all kit the same broda ,kia officers show we don't just issue orders but lead by example.gracias
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:46pm On Jul 20, 2015
THESE OF COAS HIS GOING TO BE TOUGH

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 7:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
bidexiii:
NAF OPERATIONAL/MAINTENANCE PICTURES

1st pic is of a decommissioned SEPECAT JAGUAR jet in,being inspected by airforce students.

2nd pic is an operation picture of a GAZELLE helicopter

3rd and 4th pic are NAF engineers/technicians carrying out maintenance and servicing work on NAF C-130 hercules transport plane.
are these AF engineers permitted to put on military uniforms too and are they ranked like normal working officers?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
tdayof:
are these AF engineers permitted to put on military uniforms too and are they ranked like normal working officers?

Engineers,instructors or what av u; Being in the airforce as a profession consist of different professional's and people from different fields and they rise tru the ranks too !
The Nigeria defense academy can't produce all professionals it needs.
There are many gears in the army ,airforce and navy; in the army we av defferent camo's for soldiers and armored brigade personnel wear overall, engineers and technicians in navy,army and airforce where overall when working but they do wear camo's too .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 7:43pm On Jul 20, 2015
bidexiii:

Engineers,instructors or what av u; Being in the airforce as a profession consist of different professional's and people from different fields and they rise tru the ranks too !
The Nigeria defense academy can't produce all professionals it needs.
There are many gears in the army ,airforce and navy; in the army we av defferent camo's for soldiers and armored brigade personnel wear overall, engineers and technicians in navy,army and airforce where overall when working but they do wear camo's too .
I understand you but I wouldn't say too much.. Let me put my question this way those AF engineers by the pics I quoted do they work under the NAF. Or the NAF employs an organization for it's aircraft maintenance. Thanks.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:19pm On Jul 21, 2015
tdayof:
I understand you but I wouldn't say too much.. Let me put my question this way those AF engineers by the pics I quoted do they work under the NAF. Or the NAF employs an organization for it's aircraft maintenance. Thanks.

Okay just got u r point, no NAF has its own engineers and technicians who men and women of the NAF that carries out maintenance and servicing works.
There r few works like upgrades that either the planes r flew to country where d upgrades r to be done or sometimes the upgrades r done here.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 4:27pm On Jul 21, 2015
bidexiii:

Okay just got u r point, no NAF has its own engineers and technicians who men and women of the NAF that carries out maintenance and servicing works.
There r few works like upgrades that either the planes r flew to country where d upgrades r to be done or sometimes the upgrades r done here.
alright thanks. Am an aeronautics engineering student but am planning to join the NAF after my degree or prolly master so I would prefer the uniform ish grin as in respect ish grin

God bless Nigeria.
God bless Nigerian defence
GOD BLESS PMB.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.