Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3048581 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2016
bidexiii:
#BATMAN RETURNS....... grin

hip hip hurray !!!!

the batman of Gotham ahem ! Lagos city continues his crusade grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2016
Katyusha:
So sad...Sudan just ordered 170 T-72AVs from Russian surplus stocks. The Regional balance is tipping and the "Giant of Africa" is sleeping thanks to thieves like Dasuki and people like giles14.

And yet with all that money JEG released someone is still praising him that his generals did well, some times I don't understand we Nigerians.

Just imagine what all that money would av done. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 4:07pm On Nov 11, 2016
nemesis2u:

hip hip hurray !!!!

the batman of Gotham ahem ! Lagos city continues his crusade grin grin grin grin

That entire thing looks unprofessional of the army especially as it does not seem reserved only for private moments.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 4:17pm On Nov 11, 2016
bidexiii:

And yet with all that money JEG released someone is still praising him that his generals did well, some times I don't understand we Nigerians.

Just imagine what all that money would av done. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
make i hear word.where is buratai n dambazu.
pls stop deceiving urslfs.
pls wot are d procurements done by dis govt.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2016
Litmus:

That entire thing looks unprofessional of the army especially as it does not seem reserved only for private moments.

u have to visit a war zone , insurgency area , etc etc there u will find lots of things which will seem unprofessional from a professional point of view but which are nevertheless are over looked by the professional authorities for the sake of moral, operational convenience , etc etc .

soldiers are ordinary humans operating under inhuman / extra ordinary conditions 24hr 7 days a week without any recreational activities / rest etc where the best of the professional human mind snap/ give out , they need something to cling to , to take their minds off , to believe in as a charm etc etc

reality is hard , also dont compare with so called professional western armies because they r more crazy with this kind of stuff , only thing is many r not aware of it. grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 6:22pm On Nov 11, 2016
nemesis2u:

u have to visit a war zone , insurgency area , etc etc there u will find lots of things which will seem unprofessional from a professional point of view but which are nevertheless are over looked by the professional authorities for the sake of moral, operational convenience , etc etc .

soldiers are ordinary humans operating under inhuman / extra ordinary conditions 24hr 7 days a week without any recreational activities / rest etc where the best of the professional human mind snap/ give out , they need something to cling to , to take their minds off , to believe in as a charm etc etc

reality is hard , also dont compare with so called professional western armies because they r more crazy with this kind of stuff , only thing is many r not aware of it. grin
There is a picture of an American Soldier fighting hard when his base camp came under attack fighting with his bullet proof vest, his helmet, his M60 , and his underwear which were red and white.
Let us salute our Super hero Batman and look at the big picture he is out their putting his life on the line .

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rugged7(m): 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2016
Tell me one weapons system bought by the maximum dictator since he came into power almost 2 years ago?
Boko haram teams as we speak are swarming out of mandara mountains into pulka area
Your man has seized 100billion dollars from "corrupt" GEJ officials yet he has bought nothing.
And has convicted no one. (be it GEJ acolytes nor boko haram terrorists or financiers)
In 2 years...

bidexiii:

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 8:51pm On Nov 11, 2016
bidexiii:

Bidexiii just overlook this stuff. We are not blind and am sure all Nigerians can feel the difference. Three Naval vessels were commission within six months without making noise while another is celebrating 16 used T-72 tanks in 6 years.

The 4 vessel that were commissioned during Jonathan's regime were gift from different countries except 1 which was bought for about $50 million and someone is here praising him because it was all over the media. The first was a gift from US, another 1 was a gift from china, the third was seized from tompolo only the forth was bought which was only harmed with guns.

We don't need to go blind because of politics.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2016
iblawi:

Bidexiii just overlook this stuff. We are not blind and am sure all Nigerians can feel the difference. Three Naval vessels were commission within six months without making noise while another is celebrating 16 used T-72 tanks in 6 years.

The 4 vessel that were commissioned during Jonathan's regime were gift from different countries except 1 which was bought for about $50 million and someone is here praising him because it was all over the media. The first was a gift from US, another 1 was a gift from china, the third was seized from tompolo only the forth was bought which was only harmed with guns.

Are you high, or you're simply ignorant of the facts? Stop making downright illiterate comments.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 9:45pm On Nov 11, 2016
iblawi:

the 3 vessels commissioned were products of d last govt.

person wey do u dis thing dey under river Niger now.

not everybody b zombie.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2016
Henry240:

Are you high , or you're simply ignorant of the facts? Stop making downright illiterate comments.

In six months 3 vessels were commissioned namely NNS UGWU was commissioned in June, NNS Karaduwa was commissioned in August, and NNS UNITY was commissioned in November. All this took place without calling several politicians and media houses.

Dasuki claimed he bought 16 used T-72 tanks.

4 Naval vessels were commissioned by Jonathan in Jan 2015. NNS okpabana (gift from US), NNS prosperity ( seized), NNS centenary (bought) and
NNS Sagbama(another gift from china).

So why do you think am high, ignorant or an illiterate?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 10:06pm On Nov 11, 2016
giles14:
the 3 vessels commissioned were products of d last govt.

person wey do u dis thing dey under river Niger now.

not everybody b zombie.

So you are telling me within the last 1 year the current government didn't fund the abandoned project of the previous government. If this government had left the project will it ever be completed?

Jonathan commissioned NNS Andoni in 2012 tell me it was his own project even though he got into power in 2011.

Let forget all this politics and face reality Bro. Nigeria is expecting JF17 thunder, MI-35, super tucano, drones and some trainer aircrafts and you still can't see changes in procurement. But you saw changes when another person was borrowing aircraft with money that could have bought the same aircrafts.

Try to be sincere to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:22pm On Nov 11, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVi8Ph6m0nc

NIGERIAN AIR FORCE DESTROYS ILLEGAL BARGES AND CANOES CARRYING STOLEN OIL

In its relentless effort to stop illegal oil bunkering in the Niger Delta, the Air Component of Operation Delta Safe has destroyed new set of barges and canoes used by oil thieves for conveying stolen petroleum products in Rivers State. While on armed patrol over Isaka and Bille towns, Nigerian Air Force helicopter sited and set ablaze 2 illegal oil barges and canoes containing drums filled with stolen products. Another set of 2 barges were also destroyed in a similar operation conducted around Kidney Island and Alakiri town on 10 November 2016. The latest operations showed that illegal bunkering activities have resumed around Bille and environs. Nevertheless, the NAF will not relent in its pursuit to put an end to these acts of economic sabotage by ridding the region of these criminal
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:24pm On Nov 11, 2016
giles14:
make i hear word.where is buratai n dambazu.
pls stop deceiving urslfs.
pls wot are d procurements done by dis govt.

You wanted the report and it's given in the link posted by someone. I rest my case.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:31pm On Nov 11, 2016
rugged7:
Tell me one weapons system bought by the maximum dictator since he came into power almost 2 years ago?
Boko haram teams as we speak are swarming out of mandara mountains into pulka area
Your man has seized 100billion dollars from "corrupt" GEJ officials yet he has bought nothing.
And has convicted no one. (be it GEJ acolytes nor boko haram terrorists or financiers)
In 2 years...

How many years did it take Jonathan to by those over prised T-72, rejected BTR4E that did not meet required standard, and how top brass then went to buy etc.
While uncle jonah crossed his legs watching BHT claimed territory in Maiduguri, yobe and Adamawa state. All these said hardware arrived very close to the elections.
So what are you talking about, anyway half cake is better than none.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:32pm On Nov 11, 2016
#CION
#VICTORY
#LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 11, 2016
iblawi:

In six months 3 vessels were commissioned namely NNS UGWU was commissioned in June, NNS Karaduwa was commissioned in August, and NNS UNITY was commissioned in November. All this took place without calling several politicians and media houses.

Dasuki claimed he bought 16 used T-72 tanks.

4 Naval vessels were commissioned by Jonathan in Jan 2015. NNS okpabana (gift from US), NNS prosperity ( seized), NNS centenary (bought) and
NNS Sagbama(another gift from china).

So why do you think am high, ignorant or an illiterate?

You're hopelessly ignorant. You lot come to the military threads everyday, but you leave each day more ignorant than the day before.

Do you know why Buhari did not attend those commissionings yet he visited Osun state to commission a secondary school? It is because they are not projects the Buhari government paid for.

You literally do not need common sense to know this.

NNS Ugwu is Jonathan project. I mean, I posted comprehensive photos of NNS Karaduwa being built just 2 days ago. NNS Unity a boat ordered same as Centenary is also a GEJ project. Delivery was delayed because during sea trials NNS Unity had shaft problems.

According to the the presidential committee investigating the arms deal 43 T-72 tanks and 18 D-30 howitzers were procured. These facts were posted right here in this thread.

GEJ bought, ordered NNS Unity and Centenary, paid 8 million each for thunder and Okpobana for refurbishment, got 3 shaldag III, 2 Ocea boats, Built Karaduwa and Ugwu. Bought CH-3 armed drones, MRLS systems, fennec light utility helicopters, 3x mi-35, ordered 6x Mi-35m, mi-17 terminator. 3x king air survelliance planes, 4x alpha jets. Kitting and equipping of troops and special forces.

I do not accept the orders of the past administration, but don't distort what are actual facts just to demonize Jonathan.

If you believe your comments despite the tons of information, photos, videos & links shared daily in this thread and my thread, then you're not only high, illiterate and ignorant, you are also stupid and obstue.

Don't try to distort facts to suit your argument.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 11, 2016
bidexiii:

How many years did it take Jonathan to by those over prised T-72, rejected BTR4E that did not meet required standard, and how top brass then went to buy etc.
While uncle jonah crossed his legs watching BHT claimed territory in Maiduguri, yobe and Adamawa state. All these said hardware arrived very close to the elections.
So what are you talking about, anyway half cake is better than none.

Half cake is not better than none. If you're given full cake and you present half cake to me, you're a thief and a criminal who deserves to rot in jail.

This is why Amosu, Dasuki, Badeh, and their cohorts need to rot in jail.

However let us present the facts of the matter and not try to distort the facts or history.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:50pm On Nov 11, 2016
Henry240:

Half cake is not better than none. If you're given full cake and you present half cake to me, you're a thief and a criminal who deserves to rot in jail.

This is why Amosu, Dasuki, Badeh, and their cohorts need to rot in jail.

However let us present the facts of the matter and not try to distort the facts or history.

grin grin shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 11, 2016
bidexiii:

grin grin shocked

Yes, this is why we need to support and pray endlessly for the prosecution of these people. Failure to do this would spell doom for us.

If it requires them to sh*t the monies, no problem, I'll get the toilets.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 11:18pm On Nov 11, 2016
Henry240:

You're hopelessly ignorant. You lot come to the military threads everyday, but you leave each day more ignorant than the day before.

Do you know why Buhari did not attend those commissionings yet he visited Pain state to commission a secondary school? It is because they are not projects the Buhari government paid.

You literally do not need common sense to know this.

NNS Ugwu is Jonathan project. I mean, I posted photos of NNS Karaduwa being built just 2 days ago. NNS Unity a boat ordered same as Centenary is also a GEJ project. Delivery was delayed because during sea trials NNS Unity had shaft problems.

According to the the presidential committee investigating the arms deal 43 T-72 tanks and 18 D-30 howitzers were procured. These facts were posted right here in this thread.

GEJ bought ordered NNS Unity and Centenary, paid 8 million each for thunder and Okpobana for refurbishment, got 3 shaldag III, 2 Ocean, Built Karaduwa and Ugwu. Bought CH-3 armed drones, MRLS systems, fennec light utility helicopters, 3x mi-35, ordered 6x Mi-35m, mi-17 terminator. 3x king air survelliance planes, 4x alpha jets. Kitting and equipping of troops and special forces.

I do not accept the orders of the past administration, but don't distort what are actual facts just to demonize Jonathan.

If you believe your comments despite the tons of information, photos, videos & links shared daily on this thread and my thread, then you're not only high, illiterate and ignorant, you are also stupid and obstue.

Don't try to distort facts to suit your argument.

This is serious.

I can't reply this long comments but I can just ask a few questions.

Did the current government complete the development of the vessels?

Did the current government not release funds or have no input to the project at all?

Did Jonathan pay for the equipments upfront?

Jonathan left office MAY 2015 but we only heard of a confirmed order of MI-35 helicopters late 2015, JF-17 thunder and other aircrafts were confirmed in this regime.

If Jonathan had made order for MI-35 helicopters as you claimed, why didn't we receive any almost two years after?

Haven't we been hearing of MI-17 almost 2 years before Jonathan left office? Why didn't we receive any?

Do you want to tell me that all the locally produced boats delivered recently were paid for by Jonathan too?

Government is a continuous thing, the person that started it must not be the one to complete it.

If buhari had neglected the project would it ever be completed?

I'm not ignorant of what am posting, I only filter information I digest.

Even if Jonathan paid $8 million for refurbishing a vessel that doesn't mean it wasn't a gift. You guys should try control your anger when ever Jonathan's name is mentioned so that you can think properly.

The main thing rugged7 brought to the table is that he has not seen any major changes in the military which I replied to appropriately and you claimed am ignorant by post everything what Jonathan bought and what he never bought, what he completed, what he never completed and what he never started.

You even claimed he was not at the commissioning of the ship because they were not his own projects but he was at the commissioning of Abuja Kaduna railway. But why?

You guys should control your anger Abeg.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Vikkie14: 12:02am On Nov 12, 2016
Katyusha:
So sad...Sudan just ordered 170 T-72AVs from Russian surplus stocks. The Regional balance is tipping and the "Giant of Africa" is sleeping thanks to thieves like Dasuki and people like giles14.
Don't make inflammatory comment please. If Dasuki is a thief, FINE. But, don't call anyone on this thread a thief. Respect other people's VIEW as you shouldn't expect Everyone to face the same Direction with you.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:32am On Nov 12, 2016
grin grin na why this thread de sweet be dz

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:32am On Nov 12, 2016
Henry240:

Yes, this is why we need to support and pray endlessly for the prosecution of these people. Failure to do this would spell doom for us.

If it requires them to sh*t the monies, no problem, I'll get the toilets.
oya chop knuckle grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Vikkie14: 12:55am On Nov 12, 2016
Well Henry240 had given a good response. But I'm compelled to chip in a bit. Don't demonized the past government especially the person of Jonathan. He wasn't a military man, just a politician.

He had a good intention and that was visible in the amount disbursed to the ONSA. He did his best but wasn't good enough.
We shouldn't forget that it gets to a time when NOI refused to release more funds to the ONSA asking him what they have done with the one's released. Jonathan that time had to tell them that what NOI said is final. But then, he made the mistake of not telling him to account for what he did with the fund given to his office for procurement.

Morealso, we shouldn't forget that it was reported that the Present Army Chief was [b]"in-charge"[\b] of PROCUREMENT during the period in consideration.

If Dasuki was found Wanting by the court, then let him serve his term. IF HE CAN DO THE CRIME, HE SHOULD DO THE TIME.
Let's give credence where we should. The equipment bought by the last administration was what was used in decimating BH in just 6weeks.
And please, try to show respect to our fallen soldiers especially Lt-col Abu Ali who make use of Jonathan's tanks to recapture territories overrun by BHT. Had it been there were no purchase of those equipment (even in the purported fractional numbers), No one would know we have such a Fine Officer in the person of Late Lt-Col Abu Ali.
Recently, there was a report of Army needing more weapons, what has the present government done to address this?

Give credits to whom it is due and don't allow politics to becloud our sense of judgement. The present government is not better than the past administration military-wise.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:18am On Nov 12, 2016
Vikkie14:
Well Henry240 had given a good response. But I'm compelled to chip in a bit. Don't demonized the past government especially the person of Jonathan. He wasn't a military man, just a politician.

He had a good intention and that was visible in the amount disbursed to the ONSA. He did his best but wasn't good enough.
We shouldn't forget that it gets to a time when NOI refused to release more funds to the ONSA asking him what they have done with the one's released. Jonathan that time had to tell them that what NOI said is final. But then, he made the mistake of not telling him to account for what he did with the fund given to his office for procurement.

Morealso, we shouldn't forget that it was reported that the Present Army Chief was [b]"in-charge"[\b] of PROCUREMENT during the period in consideration.

If Dasuki was found Wanting by the court, then let him serve his term. IF HE CAN DO THE CRIME, HE SHOULD DO THE TIME.
Let's give credence where we should. The equipment bought by the last administration was what was used in decimating BH in just 6weeks.
And please, try to show respect to our fallen soldiers especially Lt-col Abu Ali who make use of Jonathan's tanks to recapture territories overrun by BHT. Had it been there were no purchase of those equipment (even in the purported fractional numbers), No one would know we have such a Fine Officer in the person of Late Lt-Col Abu Ali.
Recently, there was a report of Army needing more weapons, what has the present government done to address this?

Give credits to whom it is due and don't allow politics to becloud our sense of judgement. The present government is not better than the past administration military-wise.
with this...if any1 brings up silly arguments as per the last administration and the present. I will donate the red cloth they'll use to tie you at orunmila's shrine

Ehen...the army need weapon .no b by journalist articles dem de use tell ministry of defence
If they need...they shld draw up their plans like the sister services and stop bawling like pikin wey de find golden morn

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:25am On Nov 12, 2016
A NAF PILOT ON A POWER BYKE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:38am On Nov 12, 2016
#NN

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sheyiofficial(m): 7:02am On Nov 12, 2016
The recent ransom paid to Boko Haram in exchange for the release of some Chibok girls have contributed to the recent upsurge in the killings and disappearances of soldiers engaged in the fight against the insurgents, senior military sources have revealed. The military men told Saturday PUNCH that despite denials by the Federal Government, money was paid to the sect to secure the release of the abducted girls. It was learnt that the insurgents demanded for $50m for the release of the girls but about a quarter of the sum was eventually paid. Saturday PUNCH learnt that the Federal Government paid the cash in two currencies – the naira and the CFA Francs to the leaders of the sect to facilitate the release of the girls. But, the highly-ranked military men who are engaged in the war, and who craved anonymity because they were not authorised to speak for the military authorities, attributed the recent upsurge in the activities of the insurgents to the huge ransom paid for the release of the girls. Prior to the current increase in the attacks by the insurgents, it was learnt that the troops of Operation Lafiya Dole, deployed in the North-East, had effectively cut off food and logistics supply to the insurgents. Some of the sources, who are also commanders at the war front, said that the troops had effectively defeated the Boko Haram members, who were on the run while a good number of them had surrendered and taken to a rehabilitation camp established by the Defence Headquarters in Yola. In October, 83 soldiers were reported missing days after they came under a Boko Haram attack. Though there have been increasing reports of soldiers either missing or killed since the Chibok girls were released, the military initially denied the report, it later said that only 39 soldiers were missing. Also, on November 4, seven military men, including Lt.-Col. Muhammad Abu-Ali, were killed on their way to reinforce troops at Mallam Fatori during a Boko Haram attack. Two days later, one soldier was also killed while four others were wounded in the line of duty. In October, 21 of the over 200 girls abducted from their school in Chibok, Borno State, in April 2014 were released by the group. However, the Federal Government denied exchanging insurgents for the abducted girls and paying a ransom to the sect. But the military sources insisted that Boko Haram did not release the girls without getting anything in return and that the Federal Government indeed paid a ransom and released some of the group’s strategists that were detainees. One of the sources said it was sad that the same government that was initially seen as tough enough to end insurgency in the country failed to negotiate with Boko Haram from a position of strength. “It is unfortunate that in government’s desperation to secure the release of the Chibok girls, it has put our (soldiers’) lives in danger by yielding to the demands of the group to collect a ransom and secure the release of its commanders. “It is now obvious that the group has reinforced and bought more weapons to fight us.” According to another source, left to the military, the ransom and the exchange of Boko Haram members for Chibok girls would not have taken place. “Funds were given to Boko Haram and now we can all see the result of that action; there have been renewed attacks recently and many of our men have been killed in the process but we will not relent, we will continue to do our best to secure this nation. “The military had reservations about the arrangement but it was not in our hands; it was a political decision that we had to abide with and it was the DSS that was directly in charge of the operation,” the source added. Another source, who is also active in the war theatre, said, “They got the Chibok girls and suddenly the Boko Haram that we had beaten and chased out of Sambisa are attacking and killing men of quality. “It is very obvious that they have used the money they got from the deal to buy equipment and recruit men to carry out their heinous acts. “The group is still in Mallam Fatori, they have infested the entire area and their strongest point into Chad is Abadam. It is from there that they disperse their men to carry out attacks. “Another thing you must note is that the towns around the borders are occupied by mercenaries from foreign countries. Where did they get the money to fund that?” Investigation revealed that Boko Haram members, who were routed out of their dreaded Sambisa enclave by the military, had regrouped at Abadam, and were still holding onto the fringes of Mallam Fatori in the northern part of Borno State. It was further gathered that the group was engaging the services of mercenaries with their operational base in Abadam in the far north, close to Chad. The latest incidents contradict President Muhammadu Buhari’s assertion on December 24, 2015 that Nigeria had “technically” won the war against Boko Haram and that the militant group could no longer mount conventional attacks against security forces or population centres. Following the President’s assertion, the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, also said on December 27, 2015 that “we have been vindicated because Boko Haram have been decapitated compared to the past records.” The sect gained international attention when it kidnapped 219 Chibok schoolgirls on April 14, 2014. Two years later, on April 10, 2016, the group said it wanted a $50m (N15.7bn) ransom to free the Chibok girls, according to a report by The Sunday Telegraph of London. The publication said it gathered from sources close to the sect that the demand was made “during secret contacts with the government of President Muhammadu Buhari, who has said he is willing to negotiate for the girls’ freedom.” The sect’s six-year insurgency has led to the deaths of over 17,000 people, destruction of more than 1,000 schools and displacement of about two million people. Between May 2015 when President Buhari assumed office and October 2016, the insurgents have carried out over 20 attacks, leading to the deaths of over 2,600 Nigerians. However, Saturday PUNCH learnt on Friday that combined forces of the ground troops, the fighter pilots of the Nigerian Air Force and local hunters had been deployed to fight the insurgents around some locations in Gwoza. When one of our correspondents contacted the Acting Director, Defence Information, Brig. Gen. Rabe Abubakar, he said that the minor setback in the operations should not be taken to mean that the Boko Haram was a formidable force. He told one of our correspondents on the telephone that the military was determined to defend the territorial integrity of the country and was equipped to do so. He gave the assurance that Boko Haram would not achieve its objective of acquiring any territory in the country. He said, “The group is not a force to be reckoned with as far as the military is concerned. “In spite of the minor setback, it does not in any way mean that the Boko Haram is a force to be reckoned with. We will defend the integrity of Nigeria to the letter, and that is what we are committed to do.” Faulting the payment of cash to the sect as a ransom for the girls, a United Kingdom- trained criminologist and Chairman of Puma Eye Security Services, Mr. Pedro Ayandokun, said it had to be responsible for the renewed terrorist attacks in the country. He said, “I was never in support of making any exchange with Boko Haram. That is what is creating the problem. What they have got will not be used to buy rice, but to acquire ammunition.” Also, the Chief Executive Officer of Security Watch Africa, Patrick Agbamu, said giving cash to the insurgents would encourage them to kidnap more girls. He said, “The government ought not to give money to the terrorists. It will embolden them to kidnap more girls.” Despite the insurgents’ recent attacks, Agbamu, however, asked for patience, saying, “Up till today, there are still attacks in Afghanistan and Iran. Insurgency is not easily stopped.” The President of the Association of Industrial Security and Safety Operators of Nigeria, Dr. Ona Ekhomu, also said if the Federal Government gives money to the insurgents, it could empower them to carry out more attacks. He said at a time when the sect was broke, giving money to them might be all they needed to regain more strength. He said, “There were insinuations that for the 21 girls released recently by the insurgents, cash was given to the terrorists. Cash is exactly what the terrorists need to be strengthened.” Likewise, a professor of African History, Peace and Conflict Studies and Director, Institute of Peace and Strategic Studies, University of Ibadan, Isaac Albert, said government had not been negotiating with Boko Haram from a position of strength. He said, “We have said for some time now that we have defeated the sect but it is obvious that it is not true.” No cash involved in Chibok girls’ release But the Presidency on Friday insisted that the Federal Government did not pay members of the Boko Haram sect to secure freedom for the 21 Chibok girls. The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, said the position of government remains that cash was not involved in the release. “Information Minister, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, told the country that there was no cash involvement in the release of the 21 Chibok girls. If you have evidence that it was not so, simply produce it,” he said. However, one of the lawmakers involved in the negotiation which led to the release of the 21 girls, confirmed that a ransom was paid to Boko Haram but said the amount was far less than $50m. The source, who expressed shock when one of our correspondents put the question to him to confirm the payment, agreed to speak on condition of anonymity. He said, “I don’t think it is up to that amount. Yes, there was a deal. Something like that (payment of a ransom) happened but it was never near the amount you just mentioned; it is even not up to a quarter of that amount. I can tell you that it was done (paid). “I can also tell you that the second round of the talk was scuttled because of the disagreement on the next tranche of a ransom. The negotiation for another batch of the girls has hit the brick wall as a result of the failure to agree on an amount (to be paid as a ransom). I am speaking to you on this authoritatively.”

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:44am On Nov 12, 2016
sheyiofficial:
The recent ransom paid to Boko Haram in
exchange for the release of some Chibok
girls have contributed to the recent upsurge
in the killings and disappearances of soldiers
engaged in the fight against the insurgents,
senior military sources have revealed.
The military men told Saturday
PUNCH that despite denials by the Federal
Government, money was paid to the sect to
secure the release of the abducted girls.
It was learnt that the insurgents demanded
for $50m for the release of the girls but
about a quarter of the sum was eventually
paid.
Saturday PUNCH learnt that the Federal
Government paid the cash in two currencies
– the naira and the CFA Francs to the
leaders of the sect to facilitate the release of
the girls.
But, the highly-ranked military men who are
engaged in the war, and who craved
anonymity because they were not authorised
to speak for the military authorities,
attributed the recent upsurge in the activities
of the insurgents to the huge ransom paid
for the release of the girls.
Prior to the current increase in the attacks
by the insurgents, it was learnt that the
troops of Operation Lafiya Dole, deployed in
the North-East, had effectively cut off food
and logistics supply to the insurgents.
Some of the sources, who are also
commanders at the war front, said that the
troops had effectively defeated the Boko
Haram members, who were on the run while
a good number of them had surrendered and
taken to a rehabilitation camp established by
the Defence Headquarters in Yola.
In October, 83 soldiers were reported
missing days after they came under a Boko
Haram attack. Though there have been
increasing reports of soldiers either missing
or killed since the Chibok girls were
released, the military initially denied the
report, it later said that only 39 soldiers
were missing.
Also, on November 4, seven military men,
including Lt.-Col. Muhammad Abu-Ali, were
killed on their way to reinforce troops at
Mallam Fatori during a Boko Haram attack.
Two days later, one soldier was also killed
while four others were wounded in the line
of duty.
In October, 21 of the over 200 girls abducted
from their school in Chibok, Borno State, in
April 2014 were released by the group.
However, the Federal Government denied
exchanging insurgents for the abducted girls
and paying a ransom to the sect.
But the military sources insisted that Boko
Haram did not release the girls without
getting anything in return and that the
Federal Government indeed paid a ransom
and released some of the group’s strategists
that were detainees.
One of the sources said it was sad that the
same government that was initially seen as
tough enough to end insurgency in the
country failed to negotiate with Boko Haram
from a position of strength.
“It is unfortunate that in government’s
desperation to secure the release of the
Chibok girls, it has put our (soldiers’) lives
in danger by yielding to the demands of the
group to collect a ransom and secure the
release of its commanders.
“It is now obvious that the group has
reinforced and bought more weapons to
fight us.”
According to another source, left to the
military, the ransom and the exchange of
Boko Haram members for Chibok girls would
not have taken place.
“Funds were given to Boko Haram and now
we can all see the result of that action; there
have been renewed attacks recently and
many of our men have been killed in the
process but we will not relent, we will
continue to do our best to secure this
nation.
“The military had reservations about the
arrangement but it was not in our hands; it
was a political decision that we had to abide
with and it was the DSS that was directly in
charge of the operation,” the source added.
Another source, who is also active in the war
theatre, said, “They got the Chibok girls and
suddenly the Boko Haram that we had
beaten and chased out of Sambisa are
attacking and killing men of quality.
“It is very obvious that they have used the
money they got from the deal to buy
equipment and recruit men to carry out their
heinous acts.
“The group is still in Mallam Fatori, they
have infested the entire area and their
strongest point into Chad is Abadam. It is
from there that they disperse their men to
carry out attacks.
“Another thing you must note is that the
towns around the borders are occupied by
mercenaries from foreign countries. Where
did they get the money to fund that?”
Investigation revealed that Boko Haram
members, who were routed out of their
dreaded Sambisa enclave by the military,
had regrouped at Abadam, and were still
holding onto the fringes of Mallam Fatori in
the northern part of Borno State.
It was further gathered that the group was
engaging the services of mercenaries with
their operational base in Abadam in the far
north, close to Chad.
The latest incidents contradict President
Muhammadu Buhari’s assertion on
December 24, 2015 that Nigeria had
“technically” won the war against Boko
Haram and that the militant group could no
longer mount conventional attacks against
security forces or population centres.
Following the President’s assertion, the
Minister of Information and Culture, Lai
Mohammed, also said on December 27,
2015 that “we have been vindicated because
Boko Haram have been decapitated
compared to the past records.”
The sect gained international attention when
it kidnapped 219 Chibok schoolgirls on April
14, 2014.
Two years later, on April 10, 2016, the group
said it wanted a $50m (N15.7bn) ransom to
free the Chibok girls, according to a report
by The Sunday Telegraph of London.
The publication said it gathered from
sources close to the sect that the demand
was made “during secret contacts with the
government of President Muhammadu
Buhari, who has said he is willing to
negotiate for the girls’ freedom.”
The sect’s six-year insurgency has led to
the deaths of over 17,000 people,
destruction of more than 1,000 schools and
displacement of about two million people.
Between May 2015 when President Buhari
assumed office and October 2016, the
insurgents have carried out over 20 attacks,
leading to the deaths of over 2,600
Nigerians.
However, Saturday PUNCH learnt on Friday
that combined forces of the ground troops,
the fighter pilots of the Nigerian Air Force
and local hunters had been deployed to fight
the insurgents around some locations in
Gwoza.
When one of our correspondents contacted
the Acting Director, Defence Information,
Brig. Gen. Rabe Abubakar, he said that the
minor setback in the operations should not
be taken to mean that the Boko Haram was
a formidable force.
He told one of our correspondents on the
telephone that the military was determined
to defend the territorial integrity of the
country and was equipped to do so.
He gave the assurance that Boko Haram
would not achieve its objective of acquiring
any territory in the country.
He said, “The group is not a force to be
reckoned with as far as the military is
concerned.
“In spite of the minor setback, it does not in
any way mean that the Boko Haram is a
force to be reckoned with. We will defend
the integrity of Nigeria to the letter, and that
is what we are committed to do.”
Faulting the payment of cash to the sect as
a ransom for the girls, a United Kingdom-
trained criminologist and Chairman of Puma
Eye Security Services, Mr. Pedro Ayandokun,
said it had to be responsible for the renewed
terrorist attacks in the country.
He said, “I was never in support of making
any exchange with Boko Haram. That is
what is creating the problem. What they
have got will not be used to buy rice, but to
acquire ammunition.”
Also, the Chief Executive Officer of Security
Watch Africa, Patrick Agbamu, said giving
cash to the insurgents would encourage
them to kidnap more girls.
He said, “The government ought not to give
money to the terrorists. It will embolden
them to kidnap more girls.”
Despite the insurgents’ recent attacks,
Agbamu, however, asked for patience,
saying, “Up till today, there are still attacks
in Afghanistan and Iran. Insurgency is not
easily stopped.”
The President of the Association of Industrial
Security and Safety Operators of Nigeria, Dr.
Ona Ekhomu, also said if the Federal
Government gives money to the insurgents,
it could empower them to carry out more
attacks.
He said at a time when the sect was broke,
giving money to them might be all they
needed to regain more strength.
He said, “There were insinuations that for
the 21 girls released recently by the
insurgents, cash was given to the terrorists.
Cash is exactly what the terrorists need to
be strengthened.”
Likewise, a professor of African History,
Peace and Conflict Studies and Director,
Institute of Peace and Strategic Studies,
University of Ibadan, Isaac Albert, said
government had not been negotiating with
Boko Haram from a position of strength.
He said, “We have said for some time now
that we have defeated the sect but it is
obvious that it is not true.”
No cash involved in Chibok girls’ release
But the Presidency on Friday insisted that
the Federal Government did not pay
members of the Boko Haram sect to secure
freedom for the 21 Chibok girls.
The Special Adviser to the President on
Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, said
the position of government remains that
cash was not involved in the release.
“Information Minister, Alhaji Lai Mohammed,
told the country that there was no cash
involvement in the release of the 21 Chibok
girls. If you have evidence that it was not
so, simply produce it,” he said.
However, one of the lawmakers involved in
the negotiation which led to the release of
the 21 girls, confirmed that a ransom was
paid to Boko Haram but said the amount
was far less than $50m.
The source, who expressed shock when one
of our correspondents put the question to
him to confirm the payment, agreed to speak
on condition of anonymity.
He said, “I don’t think it is up to that
amount. Yes, there was a deal. Something
like that (payment of a ransom) happened
but it was never near the amount you just
mentioned; it is even not up to a quarter of
that amount. I can tell you that it was done
(paid).
“I can also tell you that the second round of
the talk was scuttled because of the
disagreement on the next tranche of a
ransom. The negotiation for another batch of
the girls has hit the brick wall as a result of
the failure to agree on an amount (to be
paid as a ransom). I am speaking to you on
this authoritatively.”

Some bored or jobless journalist. Definitely I can't deny BHT just released this girls just for free but before the released of those girls frontline soldiers has being dying.

Soldiers die in battle it's the harsh reality of war.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xer0: 7:53am On Nov 12, 2016
bidexiii:

Some bored or jobless journalist. Definitely I can't deny BHT just released this girls just for free but before the released of those girls frontline soldiers has being dying.

Soldiers die in battle it's the harsh reality of war.
Don't mind the agent of bad news, he will disappear and reappear only when another bad news is available for him to spew

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:04am On Nov 12, 2016
ON THE BRIDGE OF A NN SHIP

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.