Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1908) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3029984 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1905) (1906) (1907) (1908) (1909) (1910) (1911) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2021
Crayfish09:

That's another misconception. Yes, the north is religious but that is not what is keeping us from moving outside. And bigotry aside, the south is just as superstitious as the north if you look into the prevalence of money rituals, cultism, etc and the way many of them attribute world events and natural disasters to "endtime", "wrath of God", etc.

Migration is not just part of our culture and those that do it do so for various reasons. Even in the south, it's mostly Igbos that are traveling around. You can find them in countries that are 4x worse than Nigeria so people don't necessarily travel because of adversity at home.

Yes people travel to areas they feel they might have a comparative advantage. I can become the biggest Importer of Generator in Sudan and it doesn’t necessarily mean Sudan is better than Naija.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:23pm On Jul 30, 2021
Roan77:

Benue state has cultism now?

Haaaaaa shocked shocked since year 2001 cultism has been at its peak. They kill in broad daylight there lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 3:25pm On Jul 30, 2021
QuietMynd:

Bobo , there is no insult in my post.
I call him zombie because of the behaviour he is displaying, which is true.
And if u like the president so much, did I ever stops/dissuade you from showing ur love for him.
Abeg leave me alone joor

I don't give a fuucck about the president or
any politicians, or any party, all I care for is Nigeria.
You people should not burn down the country because of hate, that's my concern.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Valkrie: 3:31pm On Jul 30, 2021
Roan77:

Unfortunately the country is already on fire and its burning...!! The amount of death and destruction on daily basis is on an industrial scale...!!

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2021
GabrielYulaw:

Wait. They actually believe the massive food insecurity, banditry, kidnapping and nearly 2 decade insurgency war is what the Almighty has destined for them? If this is true that helps explain matters. cry

Do you know what nearly 2 decades means?
Stop exaggerating figures here.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2021
RiceProducers:

What airforces please?. Those guys can't operationslise the jets at the level Nigeria is. Angola had the largest number of planes at one time but we observed Savimbi still kept advancing and nearly won the war.
Hardware is nothing

Everything you have said here is assumption from bias and Nigerian based preference.

You are talking about history that is irrelevant with what's happening today.

Savimbi was a western stooge propped up by the Apartheid regime and the USA. He died 20 years ago and was active in the 80's and early 90's.

How do you know that Angola does not have the technical capacity to effectively run its own airforce.

You should do some open source independent research. You will find the NAF is only highly rated by us here not the world as the best air force in the sub Saharan Africa.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 4:06pm On Jul 30, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Haaaaaa shocked shocked since year 2001 cultism has been at its peak. They kill in broad daylight there lipsrsealed

I spent 6 years in Benue, and I left in 2011, there where nothing like cultism there then, nawa oo.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2021
Roan77:

I spent 6 years in Benue, and I left in 2011, there where nothing like cultism there then, nawa oo.

Haaaa it was there. Immediately they killed a popular guy in BSU then known as Kiniki cultism exploded there even down to the villages.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2021
because no be oyinbo ppl conducting the arrest, therefore not valid.
we do, they complain, we don't, they rant

RiceProducers:

NA did not Massacre. They went to arrest the guy and his followers resisted.
This notion that NA and Nigerian Police just goes and shoots anybody is erroneous.
Why do we think we can shield criminals from arrest from NA, DSS and Police and there won't be consequences?

You actually expect the company leader of the detachment sent to pick up the guy to return to base with excuses and stories.

Funny enough the Nigerian Anti-Terrorism Act 2013 that was made under Jonathan actually automatically absolved the Army detachment.

If you are going to do social activism and/or protest in Nigeria, get a lawyer and get educated on the legal framework.

People dey die for nothing
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 4:53pm On Jul 30, 2021
Roan77:

Who and who is burning down the country.
U don't care about the President yet u bring up his name.
Abeg free me ah no too get appetite.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2021
I was expecting more from the FBI on kyari,they released communication but have given any full details about how the $1.1m has a connection to kyari apart from the Vincent case. They haven't release enough information that should make us push our own to the dogs haba.
The communication don't have anything to do with the fraud sef
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2021
sizzorchan:
Imagine FBI carrying out raids on nigeiran soil, these are things serious countries will never allow.
do you know how many chinese citizens are wanted in America? you think china will send them there to stand trial? have some pride in yourselves. jesus.
or even Russian.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2021
Faithful007:
When you were begging for aid, assistance, ventilators, military support. You didn't remember all these right?

Stop over rating yourself please.
. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 5:10pm On Jul 30, 2021
Been wondering that myself. so if the case they have is that a cop in naija was given money by a Nigerian suspect, then they have to proof the cop knew the money was from fraud and actively partake in scamming people. right now it seems like bribery btw 2 Nigerians, in which case it should be prosecuted in Nigeira. if his participation is deeper and they can proof he got money stolen from American citizens, then that's a different story.
Remember also, its the court that will decide if this extradition should happen, I'm guessing on this though, but i think I'm right. so wait and see, and to those who already convict, hold your horse and let's see where this leads. I'm in no means saying he's innocent.
I actually initially thought the accused cop was the IGP grin. we no sabi these namessmiley

EricBraven:
I was expecting more from the FBI on kyari,they released communication but have given any full details about how the $1.1m has a connection to kyari apart from the Vincent case. They haven't release enough information that should make us push our own to the dogs haba.
The communication don't have anything to do with the fraud sef
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2021
Odunayaw:
You are whyning yourself o, and you know it.
Lol wyning,
Example sarz, fulani herdsmen
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Coolliot: 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2021
sizzorchan:
Been wondering that myself. so if the case they have is that a cop in naija was given money by a Nigerian suspect, then they have to proof the cop knew the money was from fraud and actively partake in scamming people. right now it seems like bribery btw 2 Nigerians, in which case it should be prosecuted in Nigeira. if his participation is deeper and they can proof he got money stolen from American citizens, then that's a different story.
Remember also, its the court that will decide if this extradition should happen, I'm guessing on this though, but i think I'm right. so wait and see, and to those who already convict, hold your horse and let's see where this leads. I'm in no means saying he's innocent.
I actually initially thought the accused cop was the IGP grin. we no sabi these namessmiley

The case against Kari, isn't just mere bribe, he acted as an enforcer for hushpupi, my removing a competition so that the deal would go on smoothly, he is as culpable as if, he actually played a more direct role.
This is why police officers should be held to a higher standard, when you keep committing a crime to enforce laws, you start creating your own laws and enforcing your own laws instead of the constitution, and it's rampant in all our paramilitary.....only the military , is trying it's best to control this aspect of things in their organizations.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 5:31pm On Jul 30, 2021
That's what I'm saying. if there is direct evidence that he's aware fraud was being committed etc, then that's a different story. but like i said before, if his actions take place within Nigeira, the arrest of the other guy etc, then he has also committed a crime within Nigeira.
Guess a judge will decide if that extradition would happen, which i think gives breathing space to Nigeria govt against US pressure

Coolliot:

The case against Kari, isn't just mere bribe, he acted as an enforcer for hushpupi, my removing a competition so that the deal would go on smoothly, he is as culpable as if, he actually played a more direct role.
This is why police officers should be held to a higher standard, when you keep committing a crime to enforce laws, you start creating your own laws and enforcing your own laws instead of the constitution, and it's rampant in all our paramilitary.....only the military , is trying it's best to control this aspect of things in their organizations.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2021
sizzorchan:
That's what I'm saying. if there is direct evidence that he's aware fraud was being committed etc, then that's a different story. but like i said before, if his actions take place within Nigeira, the arrest of the other guy etc, then he has also committed a crime within Nigeira.
Guess a judge will decide if that extradition would happen, which i think gives breathing space to Nigeria govt against US pressure

I don't know the particulars of this case. What I do know is that if the commission of a crime involves US dollars, or you transfer the proceeds of crime from say, Dubai to Nigeria, and your bank's clearinghouse is in the US, the Yanks have jurisdiction.

Moral of the story: don't use US dollars when committing transnational crime.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 6:04pm On Jul 30, 2021
bidexiii any news on the recent delivery shocked

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 30, 2021
Human Rights lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN) has in a new interview revealed that former Chief Of Army Staff, Lt Gen. Tukur Buratai asked that Yoruba agitator, Sunday Igboho be handed over to him.

https://koko.ng/buratai-asked-for-sunday-igboho-to-be-handed-over-to-him-for-extradition-but-was-told-benin-republic-follow-rule-of-law-falana/
Falana also said that he learnt there were attempts to throw Igboho in a waiting plane for return to Nigeria. He said;

“In the case of Sunday Igboho, again despite my disagreement with him, I came out to say you cannot just throw him into a waiting plane as we were told, it was attempted. You have to go to court. You have to make a request under international law, under the ECOWAS convention on extradition.
“The government of Nigeria is requested to submit an extradition request to the government of Benin Republic and so when the plenipotentiary, General Yusuf Buratai (retired), who at that time had not submitted his letters of credence asked that Igboho be handed over to him. He was told, ‘sorry, we operate the rule of law here’. That is why that matter is still in court.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrlklPUrZzE
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2021
They have jurisdiction, says who? so you are telling me now that if the accused is in Nigeria and being charged with murder, committed within Nigeria, then US will tell Nigeria it has jurisdiction because the guy have a pending case to answer in the US?
there are tons of Chinese national wanted by the US justice dept, why didn't they go and get them in china because they have jurisdiction.
or go after those russian hackers. this nonsense of a powerful country claiming jurisdiction in foreign countries only apply to weak nations.
American law does not supercede another country's laws.
and yes I'm aware Nigeria have extradition treaty with the US, but if the accused have case to answer in Nigeria, he will.
That's why i said Nigeria need to see the evidence etc, then take it to court. A nigerian judge does not give a damn about American law or jurisdiction. And that judge get to decide if their extradition request is granted, not even the Nigerian govt
American law isn't international law.
This is my opinion on that.

Lurker4Long:

I don't know the particulars of this case. What I do know is that if the commission of a crime involves US dollars, or you transfer the proceeds of crime from say, Dubai to Nigeria, and your bank's clearinghouse is in the US, the Yanks have jurisdiction.

Moral of the story: don't use US dollars when committing transnational crime.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 6:42pm On Jul 30, 2021
Anyways. good luck to the hunters and the hunted.
why do i even spend so much time on this grin.
more pics pls.
so what ever happened to those cargo planes that landed a few days ago. no more info on what they are carrying?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 7:02pm On Jul 30, 2021
sizzorchan:
Anyways. good luck to the hunters and the hunted.
why do i even spend so much time on this grin.
more pics pls.
so what ever happened to those cargo planes that landed a few days ago. no more info on what they are carrying?

A lot of news outlets are saying the wing Loong 2 was delivered, but no confirmation from NAF yet.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 7:09pm On Jul 30, 2021
sizzorchan:
They have jurisdiction, says who? so you are telling me now that if the accused is in Nigeria and being charged with murder, committed within Nigeria, then US will tell Nigeria it has jurisdiction because the guy have a pending case to answer in the US?
there are tons of Chinese national wanted by the US justice dept, why didn't they go and get them in china because they have jurisdiction.
or go after those russian hackers. this nonsense of a powerful country claiming jurisdiction in foreign countries only apply to weak nations.
and yes I'm aware Nigeria have extradition treaty with the US, but if the accused have case to answer in Nigeria, he will.
That's why i said Nigeria need to see the evidence etc, then take it to court. A nigerian judge does not give a damn about American law or jurisdiction. And that judge get to decide if their extradition request is granted, not even the Nigerian govt

1.Nigeria has jurisdiction. Through subjective test...A citizen alleged to commit official corruption while acting in official capacity

2. US also have jurisdiction using objective test since using dollars for fruad has economic or political damage on their country...
US has a better jurisdiction following international law.... Because Objective test always supercedes the subjective test.

3. The place where the crime was committed also has jurisdiction(also subjective jurisdiction) At the end of the day it a matter of balancing where agreement btw the countries, the place where fixed evidence are located amongst other things.
and then looking at the disadvantage the defendant will face if transported to an entirely foreign justification, the cost of procuring lawyers. Etc...
It may even be a defence if the alleged defendant says he does not intend the crime he may have committed to have effect in the U.S. because...
A. The transaction took place in Dubai
B. They are both Nigerian citizens and where contemplating to be tried if in any event they were arrested by a Nigerian court S4(2) Criminal Code....

Plus it even a good thing he was on holiday... Otherwise US could hold Nigeria accountable by saying Abba acted as an agent of Nigeria... And sanctions follows....
Amongst all three, US has the best Jurisdiction...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 7:22pm On Jul 30, 2021
sizzorchan:

If you take a deep breath, re-read what I wrote slowly, you'll find most of your response has no relevance whatsoever to what I wrote.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 7:38pm On Jul 30, 2021
x
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 7:52pm On Jul 30, 2021
Good response GeneralFarouq. that's how sensible people have convo without being condescending

Lurker4Long:

If you take a deep breath, re-read what I wrote slowly, you'll find most of your response has no relevance whatsoever to what I wrote.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by willybaby(m): 7:56pm On Jul 30, 2021
Cool

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 7:58pm On Jul 30, 2021
At the end of the day, this request will be determined as acceptable or not by a Nigerian judge. it's all about merits.
Regardless who has jurisdiction. besides Nigeria hasn't started any criminal proceedings against the accused, but they need to look into it. too many dirty cops out there

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:04pm On Jul 30, 2021
willybaby:
South African special forces on deployment to Mozambique.. loving the helmet
grin Scam

That's an airsoft shooter abeg

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 8:05pm On Jul 30, 2021
Well said chief. good write up. guess we wait and see how it goes

GeneralFarouq:

1.Nigeria has jurisdiction. Through subjective test...A citizen alleged to commit official corruption while acting in official capacity

2. US also have jurisdiction using objective test since using dollars for fruad has economic or political damage on their country...
US has a better jurisdiction following international law.... Because Objective test always supercedes the subjective test.

3. The place where the crime was committed also has jurisdiction(also subjective jurisdiction) At the end of the day it a matter of balancing where agreement btw the countries, the place where fixed evidence are located amongst other things.
and then looking at the disadvantage the defendant will face if transported to an entirely foreign justification, the cost of procuring lawyers. Etc...
It may even be a defence if the alleged defendant says he does not intend the crime he may have committed to have effect in the U.S. because...
A. The transaction took place in Dubai
B. They are both Nigerian citizens and where contemplating to be tried if in any event they were arrested by a Nigerian court S4(2) Criminal Code....

Plus it even a good thing he was on holiday... Otherwise US could hold Nigeria accountable by saying Abba acted as an agent of Nigeria... And sanctions follows....
Amongst all three, US has the best Jurisdiction...

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 8:06pm On Jul 30, 2021
The federal government through Lai Mohammed has said there's nothing like the $875m for arms procurement from the United States.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1905) (1906) (1907) (1908) (1909) (1910) (1911) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.