Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1905) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3019952 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1902) (1903) (1904) (1905) (1906) (1907) (1908) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 11:56pm On Jul 29, 2021
GabrielYulaw:
Sane people are actually comparing US to naija police? For real? Like for fvking real?

Will US police tell you that bail is free and act otherwise? Or will they make your friends and family pay for pen and disinfectant when they come to bail you at the station?

Does the US police exchange people who for one reason or the other opt to pass the night in the police station with actual criminals in the cells in return for a fee and then kill them off?

Does the US police run concentration/death camps like those at Awkuzu SARS where thousands of innocents are tortured for days and murdered in the most gruesome ways possible, with their bodies vanishing for ever?

Does the US police habitually close off streets, arrest everyone they see there, charge them for robbery committed in the area weeks ago and make them bail themselves?

Is the US police in the habit of claiming accidental discharge? Yeah, they sometimes kill people for the fun of it, but do they claim accidental discharge?

Does the US police exist mainly to harass, extort, rob, kidnap and murder on a whim?

See, while the police in the US need work and reform, I would rather face an armed robbery gang or organ trafficker than most Nigerian policemen. Naija police are the stuff of nightmares and those of you who think otherwise probably because you feel you are connected will sooner or later have breakfast served to you hot hot.

As for those of you saying no massacre happened at Lekki, all I can do is forgo my atheism for a day and put you in my prayers.
Guy i don tire for them. I know understand how some lawyers work. They know they ain't defending the truth, but they keep doing it. Damn. Knowing the truth, but defending and believing lies, is the definition of STUPID

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 11:59pm On Jul 29, 2021
Ddream6627:
wait,how did the demonstration inspired bandits,seem must of you guys on this thread always support the government even when they are wrong.
Guy, i just had to slow down cos replying this guys weren't worth it. Looked like they were enjoying this mediocrisy at play

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 30, 2021
RiceProducers:

So who did it?. Nigerian victim mentality and persecution mania would cause some people to say Buhari.
This is the point at which you know you are sharing a country with psychos.

Someone has beaten them into an abused dog kind of state and it is pathetic. You don't know how weak and ugly that mentality looks.
Are you sure you dey alright sha

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:03am On Jul 30, 2021
xterra2:
Guys, How true is this ?

Here is the link from the tweet: https://www.peacefmonline.com/pages/local/travel/202107/449229.php

Thoughts on hiring PMCs ?

I know almost everyone on this thread at one point or the other advocated for STEPP to be back, But Eeben Barlow talk say he is not coming back , he is done with Nigeria.

I Know the Gov advised FG to get mercenaries to take the battle to them , does it mean the FG is taking his advise and perhaps FG advise too ?

Ha! undecided so we wanna move in circles?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 30, 2021
Nigerian police commissioner Abba Kyari left his official activities in Nigeria and flew to Dubai to enjoy a stupendous lifestyle with notorious Internet fraudster Ramon ‘Hushpuppi’ Abbas, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

The September 2019 trip was only an episode of a mutually-beneficial cozy affair of Messrs Kyari and Abbas’ that was uncovered by American authorities as part of their ongoing prosecution of Mr Abbas for multimillion-dollar Internet fraud.

Mr Abbas pleaded guilty this week after his legal representatives successfully negotiated a plea deal with prosecutors in Central California, court documents said. He faces up to 20 years in jail at sentencing in the coming weeks. He will also forfeit some of his plunder from years of online fraud and pay restitution to some of his victims, court filings said.

Following Mr Abbas’ guilty plea, additional documents showing how Mr Kyari was indicted as a member of Mr Abbas’ syndicate were unsealed. Peoples Gazette earlier published how Mr Abbas bribed Mr Kyari to arrest one of his gang members and throw him in jail following a dispute presumably over proceeds of their crime.

Additional details in the indictment file contained how Mr Kyari left his job as a police officer and travelled to Dubai to enjoy a good time with Mr Abbas, who lived at Palazzo Versace in the Emirati commercial capital.

Mr Abbas “sent a car and driver to drive” Mr Kyari around “during that trip,” FBI unsealed indictment said. Mr

Also during the trip, Mr Kyari bragged to Mr Abbas about some of his so-called crime-busting activities in Nigeria, to which Mr Abbas responded by playing allegiance to the police chief.

“Am really happy to be ur boy,” Mr Abbas told Mr Kyari in an intercepted message. “I promise to be a good boy to u sir.”

Mr Kyari is also mentioned in a document by the U.S. Department of Justice, carrying out Hushpuppi’s order to arrest and jail a fellow conspirator, Kelly Chibuzo Vincent, in a fraud scheme after a disagreement over a $1.1 million dupe of a Qatari businessperson.

Mr Kyari has gained popularity as a strict and upright cop who cracked down on violent crimes in Nigeria, including kidnapping and armed banditry despite the warnings and allegations that his methods were brutal and corrupt.

In 2018, rights group Amnesty International accused Mr Kyari of illegally depleting assets of a suspected criminal after his team shot the man dead on the highway. Collins Ezenwa’s wife at the time said Mr Kyari and his team withdrew money from her late husband’s bank account and cleared millions in accommodation proceeds from his hotels.

Mr Kyari, who was honoured at a special plenary by the Nigerian House of Representatives, denied allegations of corruption against him and his team members, but sidestepped specific charges linking him to depletion of confiscated assets.

The police chief has yet to return The Gazette’s requests for his comments about his indictment in the United States.

https://gazettengr.com/how-police-chief-abba-kyari-flew-to-dubai-to-spend-good-time-with-hushpuppi-fbi/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 12:11am On Jul 30, 2021
deals happen all the time during cases like this. For hush to fess up like that, he would have gotten plea deal, if anything he serve 15-20yrs and he's done. or less. they often reward such cooperation.
that said, that cop ain't sleeping tonight. high blood pressure and shit.
aka he's fvked. but, innocent until proven guilty

DubaiLandLord1:
Hush puppy have plead guilty in the USA, he wants a soft landing so he has been saying a lot of things. Why Abba Kyari of all people?

A man that's pleading guilty is mentioning your name, you now want me to believe a man that's saying nah ankara matter lead to transaction between him and Hush abi? grin

Issokay... E dey kuku happen for America cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 12:13am On Jul 30, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Verdammt, I'm tarnishing Nigeria?? Watch your tongue. What do you know about Nigeria? Do you think you are more Nigerian than me? So because it has been happening since OBJ time, means we should continue? I thought this government said they were different? I thought they said they will recruit 10,000 policemen and expand the police? I thought they have regard for the constitution.
Nothing is right here. I'm saying what was supposed to be done. You are defending mediocrisy. You are defending this weak system that doesn't give a damn about you and i, and our generations to come. Do you think I'm happy my country is this way? Why would I derive joy in insulting my country? I'm not a bastard. I'm not a traitor. I stand for the country not its government. Why shouldn't talk about our hurtful matters? So we should just be quiet, suffering and smiling? I'm not a ZOMBIE
Baba, u don do ur part jare.
Leave them, na all of us go eat this break fast,
By the time their friends or close relatives suffer same fate, may God give them the strength to bear the pain.
I know say dey no go get the courage to tell us 4 dis thread.
Even those shouting sai baba when buhari came to power don know difference btw ishan and nama

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Gireiboy(m): 12:15am On Jul 30, 2021
GabrielYulaw:
Sane people are actually comparing US to naija police? For real? Like for fvking real?

Will US police tell you that bail is free and act otherwise? Or will they make your friends and family pay for pen and disinfectant when they come to bail you at the station?

Does the US police exchange people who for one reason or the other opt to pass the night in the police station with actual criminals in the cells in return for a fee and then kill them off?

Does the US police run concentration/death camps like those at Awkuzu SARS where thousands of innocents are tortured for days and murdered in the most gruesome ways possible, with their bodies vanishing for ever?

Does the US police habitually close off streets, arrest everyone they see there, charge them for robbery committed in the area weeks ago and make them bail themselves?

Is the US police in the habit of claiming accidental discharge? Yeah, they sometimes kill people for the fun of it, but do they claim accidental discharge?

Does the US police exist mainly to harass, extort, rob, kidnap and murder on a whim?

See, while the police in the US need work and reform, I would rather face an armed robbery gang or organ trafficker than most Nigerian policemen. Naija police are the stuff of nightmares and those of you who think otherwise probably because you feel you are connected will sooner or later have breakfast served to you hot hot.

As for those of you saying no massacre happened at Lekki, all I can do is forgo my atheism for a day and put you in my prayers.
. Sincerely speaking we northerners sometimes feel like you guys are making all these stories up. We just don't often see that happening here!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 12:16am On Jul 30, 2021
ugo4u:

That's how you people will keep defending evil till it touches your family members. Don't know what Nigerians gain in being dishonest.
That was how Jumoke a petty hawker was killed by police bullets in the Odua protest, only for the police to deny it that she was killed by protesters citing her injury was a stab wound which forensics later showed she was shot only for same police to shamelessly charge some arrested protesters for shooting a girl they initially claimed was stabbed. That was how Shiites were killed and buried in mass grave yet some of you deny this fact. The Lekki incident was covered live on Instagram with over 140k watching yet you still deny the obvious.
Continue defending the indefensible e go soon touch you.
Egbon, u re fighting a lost battle.
Those ones don turn zombie already.
There is little u can do if dey don turn. U can only protect people around them from infection.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 12:25am On Jul 30, 2021
EricBraven:

If you were part of the protest,I would like to ask you this. Did you see any individuals with illegal material at the protest? What did you do after you saw them ? Did you report to the police or law enforcement agents?
Guy, i doubt u stay or were in lagos during that time
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 12:53am On Jul 30, 2021
Gireiboy:
. Sincerely speaking we northerners sometimes feel like you guys are making all these stories up. We just don't often see that happening here!

Yeah. I can understand that bro and frequently argue over that on Twitter.

I've been told that the reason there's less police/army checkpoints in the north and the people manning these checkpoints dey act relatively calm is that the inhabitants of the north hate injustice and will put their lives on the line to fight it. Lots of them also tend to have friends and relatives in the police and/or armed forces, so arresting and trying to exploit them for a crime they might be guilty or innocent of is not viable. Finally, people in other parts of the country have more money to spend as bribe and whatnot at army/police checkpoints.

I've even been told that some police or army personnel lobby and pay to be posted to the east or west so as to be making big money from bribes and extortion payments collected at checkpoints, police station and elsewhere. I've yet to hear that happening in the north.

The above if I remember correctly is why police in the north dey try behave themselves. I sometimes envy you guys.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 1:30am On Jul 30, 2021
RiceProducers:

[s]If there was an intention on the part of the Army to kill, the place would be soaked in blood. That bait, that trap on the Buhari regime would have caught. There was no massacre at that toll gate. I drove past the place the day after.
We need honesty in this country.

Whatever guys thought they were trying to achieve, Buhari wont be a victim. He has barely two years. He is late 70s. He has been Head Of State twice BUT the condition of young people in Nigeria has not changed post the demonstrations. It has gotten worse.

The demonstrations inspired the ESN attacks, Bandits and all the current attacks against law enforcement and a particular generation will pay for the software decay.
Thankfully not mine[/s]
And u want us to believe u re still sane laidis.
Endsarz bandit Esn
How did that even relate with each other.
U must be buhari relative or u re from Daura.

Y'all want us to be docile and be zombies, by God's grace we will never be in y'all situation.
Amen, Ase

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:36am On Jul 30, 2021
xterra2:
Guys, How true is this ?

Here is the link from the tweet: https://www.peacefmonline.com/pages/local/travel/202107/449229.php

I Know the Gov advised FG to get mercenaries to take the battle to them , does it mean the FG is taking his advise and perhaps FG advise too ?

You know those formulae proving in further maths that you cram to pour in exam and you get to exam and you forget a few steps and just do wuru-wuru to get to the answer you've already crammed? That's how the article is

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 1:37am On Jul 30, 2021
Gireiboy:

But the guy is still a suspect na! i thought suspect are considered to be innocent until proven otherwise by a competent court of law.
Suspects get arrested too. Suspects are kept in police custody as well.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 1:45am On Jul 30, 2021
sizzorchan:
you guys eh.
how many cops in nigeira have you seen raping a child? you people just allege all sort of rubbish without any shred of proof.

I've never heard of that for my region. Maybe e don hear am for borno
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Redemption1: 2:55am On Jul 30, 2021
Abba kyari said he gave hushpuppi the tailor's account number and the tailor brought the clothes to police station and hush sent someone to pick it up.

Normally won't he just send just the tailor's phone number? Why the need for middle man if he isn't going to see gain ? Even though he's clean why must the tailor take the clothes to Police station and hushpuppi send someone to collect it, isn't it waste of time and money when the tailor can just waybill it to hushpuppi? I'm pretty sure Abba kyari is guilty.

From the moment I saw Abba kyari at cubana's burial I just knew something was wrong,super cop indeed

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 2:57am On Jul 30, 2021
Faithful007:
Nigerians are dying on a massive scale due to banditry, kidnapping, cultism, terrorism. Young man you have no idea of what you're talking about.

And BTW, where and when did the bolded happen. Are you trying to deceive me with unfounded stories or what?
Irredeemable

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 3:00am On Jul 30, 2021
sizzorchan:
well. we are bad and everyone else is good. that's how brainwashed some people have gotten

Na their post for social media dey push ignorant Nigerians like them to travel to Europe via libya
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 3:33am On Jul 30, 2021
Xbee007:

Fulani herdsmen don't want to read cow again. Kidnapping is their new line of business.
One of their relative is here on this thread, he will soon counter you that no be fulani
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:09am On Jul 30, 2021
xterra2:
Guys, How true is this ?

All lies and rumours !
Since the newly appointed COAS was sworn in, he hasn't travelled outside the country.
Especially the past 2 to 3 weeks it as been one occasion or ceremony.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Gireiboy(m): 6:42am On Jul 30, 2021
GabrielYulaw:

Yeah. I can understand that bro and frequently argue over that on Twitter.

I've been told that the reason there's less police/army checkpoints in the north and the people manning these checkpoints dey act relatively calm is that the inhabitants of the north hate injustice and will put their lives on the line to fight it. Lots of them also tend to have friends and relatives in the police and/or armed forces, so arresting and trying to exploit them for a crime they might be guilty or innocent of is not viable. Finally, people in other parts of the country have more money to spend as bribe and whatnot at army/police checkpoints.

I've even been told that some police or army personnel lobby and pay to be posted to the east or west so as to be making big money from bribes and extortion payments collected at checkpoints, police station and elsewhere. I've yet to hear that happening in the north.

The above if I remember correctly is why police in the north dey try behave themselves. I sometimes envy you guys.
Well! you may be right, but i also think, it has to do with the fact that majority of police officers serving in the north are northerners. Correct me if i'm wrong! i have heard that newly commissioned/recruited police officers are first posted to their region, that has been their policy for a while now.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nostradamus1: 7:33am On Jul 30, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Bandits are wrecking havoc in some cities in the USA, wrecking havoc, kidnapping people and asking for ransoms, this bandits wahala is so terrible in Oregon and Alaska.

The bandits kidnapped some school pupils in Alaska since June, the US Government is still negotiating with this bandits grin

In fact, the bandits in the USA are now so brave they attacked and killed a US army General and Major cheesy

Walahi, sense is so far from some people.

Continue weeping.

Wailing wailer
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nostradamus1: 7:43am On Jul 30, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Some Nigerians are just so terrible sad

I use my eyes see people with gunshot injuries in DJ switch video, a live video on IG yet some yama yama people see trash for here. Gov. Sanwo olu himself said two people died, and some people still dey ask for body

Well, the USA don withhold the sales of arms to Nigeria, and one of the reason is because of what happened in lekki

This thread is now filled wjth hypocrites, you go leave your country, go another man country, dey talk bad about the country, yet refused to leave grin

The Chief of Naval staff filled a supplementary list with just Muslim Northerners, no one wailed about him been unpatriotic.

Gov. Sanwo olu opened his mouth on CNN and said two people died in the lekki shooting, yet some yama yama people dey ask for body grin

I pray one of una go experience the military brutality one day.Whenever the Nigerian army kill, them go pack una dead body go.

The Nigerian FG felt they have a case against Nnamdi Kanu, instead of issuing an arrest warrant, they kidnapped him grin

Just imagine say the CIA kidnap Abba Kyari the fraudster, the way people go wail on this thread eh grin

At the first bolded, you are being deliberately silly or mischievous. The Governor claimed that 2 protesters died from gunshot wounds at the hospital and I am sure nobody is denying that. However, there has being no prove that people "died at Lekki Toll gate". There is no price that people were shot dead "at Lekki Toll gate and their bodies carted away". This is what people are contesting.And if people bodies were carried by the army, where are the families of the bereaved. You can claim more than a person died but close to a year now, no family is yet to raise alarm.

At the second bolded, u are plain mischievous. An arrest warrant was issued for Nnamdi KANU and he refused to come disgracing his sureties. Infact, Abaribe and co have lost millions due to Kanu. Moreover, one of the criteria of the bail was that he doesn't leave Nigeria which he did.
More importantly, where do u issue Arrest Warrant for someone who jumped bail?

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nostradamus1: 7:45am On Jul 30, 2021
GabrielYulaw:

You are not atheist sire,

Atheist are mostly logical people who I sometimes find rigid.
Prove there was a massacre at Lekki,
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nostradamus1: 7:48am On Jul 30, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
I'm about to have a good night sleep cool even if one super cop in Abuja use a full sachet of sleeping tablet, e no go fit still sleep tonight grin
U have a good night because someone else is caught in a reputation damaging allegation. Some of you will be worse than Abacha and Buhari combined

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:51am On Jul 30, 2021
Nostradamus1:

You are not atheist sire,

Atheist are mostly logical people who I sometimes find rigid.
Prove there was a massacre at Lekki,

grin. !
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:58am On Jul 30, 2021
bidexiii:

All lies and rumours !
Since the newly appointed COAS was sworn in, he hasn't travelled outside the country.
Especially the past 2 to 3 weeks it as been one occasion or ceremony.
I'm not sure about its authenticity, but according to the article, COAS met with the Wagner group leader at Lagos. The COAS didn't travel out
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RiceProducers: 8:15am On Jul 30, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
The Ikorodu-itokin-ijebu ode expressway have totally been abandoned... Why? The road is terrible and filled with Fulani heardsmen kidnapping people.

If you wan pass itokin go ijebu ode, you will have to pass through Epe.

I'm sure this kin thing dey happen for USA too grin

Anybody wey fill say I dey lie, make dem go pass the road and give us update grin

Bullshit. I was on this road last week. If there are kidnappers here they would be Arogbo Ijaw. Since two years ago they've been kidnapping in Lagos Ibeju Lekki and Ogun waterside. They would actually write letters saying they would strike

Nigerians are just weak, cowardly, scared and so paranoid they can't even think straight anymore.

About four years ago, Niger Delta militants sneaked into Lekki from pipeline vandalization locations they had become lords of in Lagos and kidnapped secondary school children. Every Govt resource was spent to free the kids and take out their camps. Those security incidents were from ND militants BUT nobody taljed about dividing the country or blamed it on a tribe. Everyone saw it as a crime perpetuated by some criminals.
This was when brains were still working.

ND milliants have also kidnapped and killed far more than Fulani herdsmen if you add the cult wars, bunkering turf fightings and inter community wars together but hey, no dividing the country they are just Ijaw people.

If one does not know how to think, one should just shut it. If all you see are tribes, domination, victims and oppressors then you have problems

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 30, 2021
RiceProducers:

Bullshit. I was on this road last week. If there are kidnappers here they would be Arogbo Ijaw. Since two years ago they've been kidnapping in Lagos Ibeju Lekki and Ogun waterside. They would actually write letters saying they would strike

Nigerians are just weak, cowardly, scared and so paranoid they can't even think straight anymore.

About four years ago, Niger Delta militants sneaked into Lekki from pipeline vandalization locations they had become lords of in Lagos and kidnapped secondary school children. Every Govt resource was spent to free the kids and take out their camps. Those security incidents were from ND militants BUT nobody taljed about dividing the country or blamed it on a tribe. Everyone saw it as a crime perpetuated by some criminals.
This was when brains were still working.

ND milliants have also kidnapped and killed far more than Fulani herdsmen if you add the cult wars, bunkering turf fightings and inter community wars together but hey, no dividing the country they are just Ijaw people.

If one does not know how to think, one should just shut it. If all you see are tribes, domination, victims and oppressors then you have problems
I stopped reading your trash after I saw where you wrote ijaws are kidnapping on that road.

After reading the nonsense you wrote yesterday, I had to agree many are mad, but few are roaming the street.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 30, 2021
Nostradamus1:

U have a good night because someone else is caught in a reputation damaging allegation. Some of you will be worse than Abacha and Buhari combined
Lol

Where in my post did I say am happy because Kyari have been indicted in the USA? grin

Nah so one other boy yesterday night dey talk on my behalf when I said "sanwo talk say e no order soldiers to go lekki toll gate" e use him mouth ask if nah GMB, and started ranting... Ranting which I no even understand . E com top am up this morning by saying he passed through an abandoned road grin

See, If una go dey use bitterness read my message, is none of my business.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 30, 2021
The Minister of Defence, Major General Bashir Magashi, has blamed traditional rulers, politicians and other stakeholders for the growing banditry, insurgency and other vices in the country.

The Minister stated this on Thursday during a one-day security summit by the Faculty of Social Sciences, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State

Represented by his Special Adviser Technical, Almed Jibrin, the minister spoke on the theme, ‘The Nigerian National Question: Implications for National Unity.’

He accused stakeholders of apparent compromise on security.

He said, “The political and traditional elite at the local level are a most times not present in their constituencies and therefore create the vacuum that insurgents, terrorists and bandits fill in the administration of local authorities.

“What about the failure of our religious and opinion leaders who do not provide counter narratives to be misguided religious zealots, as well as sustainable engagement of local population by regional and community leaders?

“What appears to be the most apparent is the lack of efficient intelligence system or lack of will to utilize the provided intelligence in carrying out security operations by the military and para-military agencies, as all security stakeholders appear to be compromised by the insurgents in the Northeast as well as bandits/kidnappers in the Northwest and North Central.”

He called on those instigating violence in the country to desist forthwith.

https://punchng.com/defence-minister-blames-monarchs-clerics-for-insecurity-says-troops-compromised/

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RiceProducers: 8:49am On Jul 30, 2021
QuietMynd:

And u want us to believe u re still sane laidis.
Endsarz bandit Esn
How did that even relate with each other.
U must be buhari relative or u re from Daura.

Y'all want us to be docile and be zombies, by God's grace we will never be in y'all situation.
Amen, Ase

Ok, stew in your own falsehood.
Buhari hates you and wants to kill you.
He ordered all EndSARS kids shot, although I am still wondering where was Davido, Tiwa Savage and WizzKid that day.
Buhari is an illiterate, Koran reciting, dirty herdsman who wants to kill all smooth, smart, fine westernized southern Christian young men and steal all the beautiful young women.
There is Fulanization, Islamization and UthmanDanfodi-zation.
Are you happy now, I have painted out your subconscious in all its colors?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1902) (1903) (1904) (1905) (1906) (1907) (1908) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.