Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1926) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3034767 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1923) (1924) (1925) (1926) (1927) (1928) (1929) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Coolliot: 5:26am On Aug 06, 2021
Seems this bht have reduced their attacks on Nigeria and Niger, and attacks more complacent posts in Chad and Cameroon

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:36am On Aug 06, 2021
Coolliot:
Seems this bht have reduced their attacks on Nigeria and Niger, and attacks more complacent posts in Chad and Cameroon

I was about to mention something similar to this, the coming months will tell.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:41am On Aug 06, 2021
JackWolfskin:

There's no competition between both of them.

I don't have time for the MUMU undecided

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:51am On Aug 06, 2021
iblawi:
So the telegram guys are saying we should leave this thread for Dubailandlord abi?

[/b]He met me here and he will leave me here[b]

I don't see why you guys have problem with him. No b woman fight be this o.

Am just seeing this ? You're a funny dude. grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 06, 2021
More Boko Haram and Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) members have reportedly surrendered to the Nigerian military, Newspremises has learnt.

They presented selves to Operation HADIN KAI (OPHK) conducting counter terrorism and counter insurgency operations in North-East.

Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu, Director of Army Public Relations in a statement said there have been sustained air and ground bombardments on hideouts in Sambisa forest.

Nwachukwu noted that 18 terrorists led their families to troops and laid down arms.

The insurgents were with a total of 18 adult females and 19 children from Chingori and other surrounding villages around Sambisa.

Five 5 AK 47 rifles, 1 foreign AK 47 rifle with telescopic sight, 1 Fabrique Nationale rifle, 8 AK 47 rifle magazines, 1 FN rifle magazine, 1 Bandolier, 3 rounds of 7.62mm ammunition and N7,700.00 were recovered.

Also, a Boko Haram fighter from Abuja Asamau village in Sambisa surrendered to troops.

He submitted his AK 47 rifle, 2 magazines, 1 Magazine holder, 1 round of 7.62mm ammunition and N5,000.

Over 100 Boko Haram and ISWAP members have turned themselves in the last two weeks.

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lt. Gen. Faruk Yahaya has charged troops to remain dedicated to the war against terrorism.
https://newspremises.com.ng/more-boko-haram-members-wives-surrender-to-nigerian-military-submit-weapons-photos/

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:32am On Aug 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
More Boko Haram and Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) members have reportedly surrendered to the Nigerian military, Newspremises has learnt.
A greater percentage of them would not surrender to the army. They will just flee to other part of the country.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 7:44am On Aug 06, 2021
komekn:

There is a conundrum here.

Is it reasonable to be law abiding in ⚖ LAWLESS SOCIETY where the government has no regard for the RULE OF LAW.

I am familiar with Nigeria judiciary it mirrors our society in many ways, intrinsically corrupt.
So it is not reasonable to be law abiding in what you define as a lawless country but you can complain about it being lawless but do nothing about it, when you know the change has to start from the individual members of the society

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 7:50am On Aug 06, 2021
Xbee007:

A greater percentage of them would not surrender to the army. They will just flee to other part of the country.
Yea, the NE is becoming to hot for them... They will migrate to become killer bandits in other regions...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nostradamus1: 7:56am On Aug 06, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Go and sit down abeg. You don belle full na why. I no blame you.
We saw how places burn on Tuesday night. You didn't. So STFU and mind your business. You weren't there. You can't condemn it

Why actually being it to NL if it is only ur business ?
Why are u getting worked up that I asked for proof?
You can snap the area of the gunfight and send it here or to amnesty international ( if u want recognition ). At least we will see the time stamp.

You don't spread false stories on the internet and expect people to believe you because u said it.

Moreover , if places burned on Tuesday, u can still do a video of that and include residents. It will be a big boost to ur credibility but I doubt if u will do it as u thrive on rumors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nostradamus1: 7:59am On Aug 06, 2021
yoged:
you are just been stupid.
Is this how you want to save Supleme Leader in Court?
U could have searched for evidence of their innocence regarding the case to DSS and post it here ,if possible, u can mail it to their lawyers .

But if course, " stupid" is the proof that they are innocent

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 8:07am On Aug 06, 2021
The remains of the BDF corporal, killed in road accident in Mozambique, arriving in Botswana...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 8:07am On Aug 06, 2021
...last.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nostradamus1: 8:08am On Aug 06, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
People talk of Dasuki stealing money, this administration don use more than 5 years, why haven't they been able to prosecute dasuki? Everything nah lamba grin

Some Nigerians have been complaining about Kyari for years, nothing happened, no panel was set up by the NPF to investigate him or anything, if not for this FBI indictment, nah so the guy for they do anyhow dey go.
Not everything is comparison between GEJ and PMB.

The matter was actually about the period NA sustained it worst attacks . The Dasuki gate matter cropped up when pointing out how bad things were leadership wise as well.

In the end, Most of u here have agenda( Pro-KANU ,Pro-PMB,Pro-GEJ). And this is why I blame the average Nigerian for Our country's problems

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nostradamus1: 8:16am On Aug 06, 2021
EricBraven:

So it is not reasonable to be law abiding in what you define as a lawless country but you can complain about it being lawless but do nothing about it, when you know the change has to start from the individual members of the society
grin

That is the average reasoning of a Nigerian. Since my leaders are not patriotic , let me do bad things too. And they will still turn around to label the country bad. The policeman who attacks innocent citizen always critizes his Oga and Government . The army man who harrases and brutalise citizen also critize government . Same with the civil servant who collect bribe to give affidavit or the Mama Emeka who builds shop in the middle of the road( and blames Government when it is knocked down( and Mama Tobi who poor refuse into the gutter( inorder not pay for property disposal) and Madam Aisha who sends her first daughter 13 years to vote( and get paid ) and her first son to rustle cattles so that that can feed.

In the end, we blame the government for lack of infrascture , for crime( committed by the ever innocent citizen) and for lack of proper oversight.

Who is Goverment ? The People

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 06, 2021
Aminu Bello-Masari of Katsina State had said that 10 out of the 34 Local Government Areas in the state are firmly under the control and severe attacks by bandits The governor disclosed this when he received the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt Gen Faruk Yahaya, on a courtesy visit on Thursday.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria, the governor told the COAS that 10 local government areas are under repeated attacks from bandits who kill rape, injure the people, burn houses and rustle cattle.

According to Bello-Masari, the Katsina State Government is totally unhappy with the current security situation in the state.

He restated that the issue of security in the country is a collective responsibility not only for the security agencies.

The governor described the insecurity level in Katsina as alarming, stressing that the insecurity issue in the state must be overcome and restore normalcy in the area.
http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/05/how-bandits-currently-control-10-local-governments-buhari%E2%80%99s-home-state

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 8:39am On Aug 06, 2021
EricBraven:

About two months ago, l was going to Warri by road, from Ajah,Lekki. By myself.

The lawlessness of the police ( multiple check points) make it seem a criminal offence to have a decent car. And be driving by yourself.

I went with public transport YES, on arrival in Edo state, was stopped by two different police checkpoints.

Both the checkpoints were manned by police with no name tags and or identification number. To make things more worrying they had purposefully covered the number plate of the patrol vehicles.

They had the obligatory AK47's.

They proceeded to search everybody in the Siena mini bus and search their luggage.

There intent did not seem to be law enforcement but something else.

However, on both occasions neither was my person or luggage searched. They just saluted me and said " recognition " whatever that means.

If these police had found any of the passengers with any considerable amount of cash. The story would or could have been different. They just seemed like armed robbers in police uniform.

So being a law abiding citizen should I have sternly taken them to task and challenged their unprofessional and dubious behaviour.

Would that be the reasonable thing to do in those circumstances.

And what do you think would the response of these dubious police.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:07am On Aug 06, 2021
Arrived Maiduguri safely tho I was looking down to ensure BH won’t fire our Heli with RPG. Make I come rest small grin

Two soldiers doing the regular search for incoming passengers to ensure nobody comes in with an AK-47 grin

Maiduguri based paddies let’s ball today at Command Military club Maiduguri cool

15 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Veridicus: 10:16am On Aug 06, 2021
Talking of travelling by road to the south of the country, interesting road trip - doesn’t seem policed, unless edited away and rubbish roads. I’ve no idea how these things work, so from a layperson’s point of view, was wondering since we’re so bad at laying down roads and worst at maintaining them, wouldn’t we be better cutting down on road expenditure for more rail lines every chance we get?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl0OkcJU8m4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BVZAJuDMV8
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 10:37am On Aug 06, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:
Arrived Maiduguri safely tho I was looking down to ensure BH won’t fire our Heli with RPG. Make I come rest small grin

Two soldiers doing the regular search for incoming passengers to ensure nobody comes in with an AK-47 grin

Maiduguri based paddies let’s ball today at Command Military club Maiduguri cool
LOL
No vex oo but what would you have done about it?
God keep you safe bro
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:00am On Aug 06, 2021
arantess:

LOL
No vex oo but what would you have done about it?
God keep you safe bro

I had a side Hammer. Would have sent it down to their heads like Thor grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 11:04am On Aug 06, 2021
You all should know those pandering to the line 'The Security services must not be criticised' are obviously relics from the Military regime ala we must not protest, dissenting opinions are the worst evil.

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 11:59am On Aug 06, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

grin Thor
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 12:20pm On Aug 06, 2021
if not for the risk to one's life. at that point, those so called cops are no longer one. police officers are supposed to dress a certain way, their names and badge visible etc. but hiding those, in developed countries, they would have been disarmed, or their authority challenged. They lost the right to weild any authority at that point. but in Nigeria, they could start shooting.

komekn:

About two months ago, l was going to Warri by road, from Ajah,Lekki. By myself.

The lawlessness of the police ( multiple check points) make it seem a criminal offence to have a decent car. And be driving by yourself.

I went with public transport YES, on arrival in Edo state, was stopped by two different police checkpoints.

Both the checkpoints were manned by police with no name tags and or identification number. To make things more worrying they had purposefully covered the number plate of the patrol vehicles.

They had the obligatory AK47's.

They proceeded to search everybody in the Siena mini bus and search their luggage.

There intent did not seem to be law enforcement but something else.

However, on both occasions neither was my person or luggage searched. They just saluted me and said " recognition " whatever that means.

If these police had found any of the passengers with any considerable amount of cash. The story would or could have been different. They just seemed like armed robbers in police uniform.

So being a law abiding citizen should I have sternly taken them to task and challenged their unprofessional and dubious behaviour.

Would that be the reasonable thing to do in those circumstances.

And what do you think would the response of these dubious police.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 3:58pm On Aug 06, 2021

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2021
[quote author=Nostradamus1 post=104480808][/quote]Gunmen on Thursday night attacked the Divisional Police Headquarters in the Orlu Local Government Area of Imo State.

The attack claimed the lives of four persons which included a police Inspector and three of the attackers.

While parts of the police Division were burnt, cars parked on the premises were not spared.

The PUNCH gathered that the attackers and the policemen on duty engaged in a gun battle for some time.

The police spokesperson for the state police command, Mike Abattam, who confirmed the development to our correspondent, disclosed that the incident took place around 11.35 pm on Thursday.

He informed that some of the surviving bandits escaped with bullet wounds.

Abattam said, “On August 5, about 21:35 hours, armed bandits, in their numbers attacked and threw explosives and petrol bombs on top of the roof of Orsu Police station damaging the roof and causing fire outbreak in the station which spread and affected some of the vehicles parked at the parking lot. The command’s tactical teams on the ground engaged the bandits in a gun duel.

“And due to the superior firepower of the police the bandits were subdued. Three of the bandits were neutralized and their guns, one pump action gun, and two locally-made double barrel pistols were recovered while others escaped into the bush with bullet wounds. Unfortunately, a police inspector lost his life in the attack.

“Meanwhile the command is using this medium to call on the good people of Imo State especially, the Orsu community to assist the police with credible information that will lead to the arrest of the escaped bandits and to report to the nearest police station any person seen with or treating bullet wounds. Also, hospitals are advised to ensure that they report any person who comes to them for treatment of bullet wounds.”

Details later…
https://punchng.com/breaking-four-dead-as-gunmen-attack-imo-police-station/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2021
they really should give these cops a raise. along with better training.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 4:27pm On Aug 06, 2021
sizzorchan:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/nigeria-warns-kidnap-gangs-train-135010092.html

ladies and gentlemen, we've got guns problem undecided
Abeg that green thing na gun also shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 4:38pm On Aug 06, 2021
One wonders why reforms are extremely difficult in Nigeria the answer is simple; past administrations, public office holders and civil servants already signed thousands of fraudulent contracts that have no time limits and are almost impossible to breach or terminate except the country is ready to forfeit her properties across the world.
One of such contract is the sunrise mambilla hydropower project in which a company walked away with $200 million doing nothing because government terminated the contract they were in no position to implement in the first instance but was fraudulently awarded to them by corrupt Nigerians. Another is the PW&C case.
The link below details how the immigration service won't be fruitful in a very long time from now. They basically use 80% of revenues generated to pay bills from fraudulent contracts that they cannot terminate without international legal issues.

https://www.zammagazine.com/investigations/1414-nigeria-the-border-control-syndicate-how-plunder-continues-in-spite-of-parliament-and-the-courts

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2021
Some people not only stole public funds while in office, stole money kept in banks by the masses by obtaining loans without collateral that they never paid back(reasons why many banks collapsed with people's life savings vanishing), they also made sure that they would continue stealing for many years to come by using their positions to sign fraudulent contracts.

One of such companies even sued the government based on one of the ridiculous terms in the contract, made sure the Antorney-general defended with little efforts and they walked away with $70 million embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 5:02pm On Aug 06, 2021
Some civil servants even connived with private companies to build useless structures that the country will continue to renovate several years to come just so they can keep benefiting from cash allocated for the recurrent renovations grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2021
who knows lol. some could be used for training etc

tutudesz:

Abeg that green thing na gun also shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (1923) (1924) (1925) (1926) (1927) (1928) (1929) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.