Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1935) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3050446 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1932) (1933) (1934) (1935) (1936) (1937) (1938) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:47pm On Aug 12, 2021
CLARIFICATION: COLONEL SAKABA DIED FIGHTING GALLANTLY NOT ASSASINATED

The Nigerian Army (NA) has been notified of an article making the rounds online, in which an allegation credited to Mrs Oluwaseun Sakaba, the widow of late Col Ibrahim Sakaba alleged that the late senior officer was assassinated for refusing to loot funds meant for fighting the Boko Haram Insurgency. The late senior officer's widow was quoted to have made several uncomplimentary comments about the institution of the Nigerian Army (NA), making reference to an unfounded and baseless claims devoid of any fact.

While the NA is not interested in joining issues with anyone with respect to the enormous sacrifices made daily by our gallant troops, it is however expedient to address the weighty allegations credited to the widow. The NA acknowledges the emotional agony associated with loosing loved ones and that cannot be quantified by any unit of measure.

The demise of late Col Ibrahim Sakaba, like those of other officers and soldiers who paid the supreme price in the war against terrorism in the North East, is one that is painful to the NA. These men and women died serving our nation, fighting to restore peace and stability in the North East. This is in tandem with the constitutional mandate of the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Therefore, it will be totally a mischief and an assault on the psyche of our troops, who are relentlessly fighting, to begin to insinuate any plot against one of our own. And what is the plot here? That troops were led by their commander for an operational engagement is not a plot, as any one may want to insinuate. Rather, it was a clear military mission with clear objective. It is however disheartening that this gallant officer and some of his men paid the supreme price in the operation and we pray fervently for the repose of their souls. Col Sakaba was a respected senior officer who gave his all in the defence of the freedom we all enjoy today. His demise is a great loss to all of us. Insinuating anything contrary is a deservice to our nation and the sacrifices of our troops.

Concerning the issue of entitlements. Available records reveal the following incontrovertible facts:

That Master Samuel Ibrahim Sakaba, the son of Mrs Seun Sakaba is the Next of Kin (NOK) to the late Senior Officer and the only child.

All entitlements meant to be paid by the NA have been paid to the NOK through Mrs Oluwaseun Sakaba.

As at the time his entitlements were processed, Samuel was less than 6years as such, he was not benefiting from NA school sponsorship. However now that he has reached the required age, he has been captured for payment of school sponsorship which will commence any moment from now. The NA will continue to sponsor the child's education up to graduation from university, as long as he fulfills the requirements outlined in the rules guiding the scheme.

The only entitlement owed Mrs Oluwaseun Sakaba is the Group Life Assurance which is normally paid by the Insurance Company and which would soon be received along with that of other deceased personnel.

The NA takes the welfare of her troops very seriously, as evident in the various welfare programmes put in place for troops and their families. The leadership has made the welfare of troops, one of the cardinal pillars of the COAS' vision for the NA. This is visible in the various welfare programmes embarked upon in addition to those that are statutorily emplaced. There are also well established communication channels with families of deceased personnel.

The NA under the leadership of the COAS, will continue to pursue the welfare of troops who are working round the clock to ensure the safety and security of all Nigerians. The NA will not be deterred, but remain focused in its pursuit of excellence and in ensuring that all Nigerians enjoy their God given right to live freely anywhere in Nigeria.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
12 August 2021

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2021
youghs:
This is the best time for the military to begin their final offensive.
Their moral is at an all time low, the only thing needed now is the use of devastating force.

Thank God the A29s are here, we should continue hitting them until most of them surrender.
The unanswered question is.....why the mass surrender?
I’ve been combing both threads for expert opinion since last week.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2021
Tochex101:

The unanswered question is.....why the mass surrender?
I’ve been combing both threads for expert opinion since last week.
ISWAP is chasing them out basically. They are taking over all areas previously occupied by BHTs. It is either BHT fighters join them or they die. So they run for it.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2021
Xbee007:

ISWAP is chasing them out basically. They are taking over all areas previously occupied by BHTs. It is either BHT fighters join them or they die. So they run for it.
Highly plausible........thank you
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 7:41pm On Aug 12, 2021
WTF!!!!
So the video making rounds about the attack on NNSBS by militants is true? These guys have got balls of steel to attack the best trained Special forces unit in West Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 7:49pm On Aug 12, 2021
ugo4u:
WTF!!!!
So the video making rounds about the attack on NNSBS by militants is true? These guys have got balls of steel to attack the best trained Special forces unit in West Africa.

If it is the video on Sahara reporters then that video is a simulation exercise conducted last week when some boats were donated to the navy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz0Q0gELCWI

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:01pm On Aug 12, 2021
ugo4u:
WTF!!!!
it was a simulation exercise....
As regarding the video

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 8:06pm On Aug 12, 2021
ugo4u:
WTF!!!!
No such news on their social media platforms

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:17pm On Aug 12, 2021
Fynline:

If it is the video on Sahara reporters then that video is a simulation exercise conducted last week when some boats were donated to the navy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz0Q0gELCWI

Thanks man .... !
I don't know what SR gains from spreading fake news !

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 9:29pm On Aug 12, 2021
tutudesz:

No such news on their social media platforms
Obviously it's fake news.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Valkrie: 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2021
ugo4u:

It's always fake news till story begin to change later...too many lies and cover up in this country so people hardly differentiate what is real and what is not. ..!!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 10:02pm On Aug 12, 2021
Valkrie:

It's always fake news till story begin to change later...too many lies and cover up in this country so people hardly differentiate what is real and what is not. ..!!

Shut up and use your brain.

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 10:14pm On Aug 12, 2021
Sahara reporters, abi Sahara desert, whatever name they bear, are at it again.
Spreading fake news up and down, while labelling itself a professional journalist, but can not differentiate between a simulation exercise and an actual combat, a total degrade of journalism.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 10:39pm On Aug 12, 2021
ugo4u:

The military should start sueing News agencies for carrying fake news.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 6:02am On Aug 13, 2021
Sahara Reporter video on NDA attacking Navy personals went global and unfortunately they will not release any statement to apologise.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:55am On Aug 13, 2021
#NAF
#RANDOM PHOTOs

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:51am On Aug 13, 2021
Just watched a video of ISWAP ambushing NA troops yesterday... Released by Amaq news
A convoy of A cobra APC and at least three guntrucks perhaps..
ISWAP actually played smart they waited for the APC to pass and open fire on the two guntrucks following behind I'm only aware of One KIA
Sad!
Tho the video isn't complete but I can tell the last two vehicles was able to return fire....

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:56am On Aug 13, 2021
Toju200:
Just watched a video of ISWAP ambushing NA troops yesterday... Released by Amaq news
ISWAP actually played smart they waited for the APC to pass and open fire on the two guntrucks following behind I'm only aware of One KIA
Sad!
Tho the video isn't complete but I can tell the last two vehicles was able to return fire....

Please when did this happened and where can I get to watch this said video ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 7:58am On Aug 13, 2021
Toju200:
Sad!
They said 5 NA soldiers were killed.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:59am On Aug 13, 2021
bidexiii:

Please when did this happened and where can I get to watch this said video ?
happened 11th
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:59am On Aug 13, 2021
Xbee007:

that's bad...
Troops were just too exposed..
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:09am On Aug 13, 2021
Toju200:
happened 11th

Did you watch it on twitter ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:32am On Aug 13, 2021
Toju200:
Sad!

I don’t know if it’s the Kareto ambush. I heard we lost a lieutenant in that ambush.

I feel once the army gets to places with abandoned building they should open fire on those buildings. That exact area has always been a trap.

Previously we had an FOB there, but it was absorbed later into Damasak and Gubio due to Supercamps.

It’s one of the deadly ISWAP crossing points into Magumeri-Kukawa axis

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:54am On Aug 13, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

I don’t know if it’s the Kareto ambush. I heard we lost a lieutenant in that ambush.

I feel once the army gets to places with abandoned building they should open fire on those buildings. That exact area has always been a trap.

Previously we had an FOB there, but it was absorbed later into Damasak and Gubio due to Supercamps.

It’s one of the deadly ISWAP crossing points into Magumeri-Kukawa axis
seems like is it..
ISWAP dudes had the Buildings as Good cover..
Those buildings should be levelled since not occupied

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:54am On Aug 13, 2021
bidexiii:

Did you watch it on twitter ?
Instagram
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 9:34am On Aug 13, 2021
Xbee007:

Where can I get the said video
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:35am On Aug 13, 2021
Heard it was 4KIA Xbee007
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:02pm On Aug 13, 2021
#Taliban really cashing out on ANA
You need to see the containers of vast varieties of ammo they seized

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2021
Toju200:
#Taliban really cashing out on ANA
You need to see the containers of vast varieties of ammo they seized

Honestly the United States and NATO really failed the Afghan people, I heard than Taliban has taken 11 provincial capitals in a week and has claimed to have taken Kandahar, Afghanistan’s second biggest city, in what would be a major blow to Afghan government forces.
So all the Billions spent, forces sent and soldiers who died where in vain. Sometimes I don't just get this Americans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2021
bidexiii:

Honestly the United States and NATO really failed the Afghan people, I heard than Taliban has taken 11 provincial capitals in a week and has claimed to have taken Kandahar, Afghanistan’s second biggest city, in what would be a major blow to Afghan government forces.
So all the Billions spent, forces sent and soldiers who died where in vain. Sometimes I don't just get this Americans
..but are the Afghan forces that useless? Even Amotekun with their Dane guns won't lose such grounds this quick. Except most of the Afghan soldiers were/are loyal to the Talibans during and after US sojourn in that country, it makes no sense for them to be loosing grip this woefully not after the numerous trainings & logistics support by the US over the years, e get as e be abeg.
That's by the way sha, I forsee alot of illegal arms and heavy Military equipment flowing in Afghanistan and Pakistan, it will be nice to see our intelligence agencies penetrate the black market within that country & it's neighbours and get most of these equipments which I believe will be at giveaway prices, I know we have alot of Nigerians in Pakistan with proper planning we could make something out. Those idiots(Talibans) are ready to cannibalize most of those attack helicopters and MRAPs to see money to smoke Shisha/skunk/opium.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RiceProducers: 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2021
bidexiii:

There is no government in Afghanistan Or maybe indeed more truly. Afghanistan was Taliban country they stole from them
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
ugo4u:

[/b]..but are the Afghan forces that useless? Even Amotekun with their Dane guns won't lose such grounds this quick. Except most of the Afghan soldiers were/are loyal to the Talibans during and after US sojourn in that country, it makes no sense for them to be loosing grip this woefully not after the numerous trainings & logistics support by the US over the years, e get as e be abeg[b]
That's by the way sha, I forsee alot of illegal arms and heavy Military equipment flowing in Afghanistan and Pakistan, it will be nice to see our intelligence agencies penetrate the black market within that country & it's neighbours and get most of these equipments which I believe will be at giveaway prices, I know we have alot of Nigerians in Pakistan with proper planning we could make something out. Those idiots(Talibans) are ready to cannibalize most of those attack helicopters and MRAPs to see money to smoke Shisha/skunk/opium.

Honestly it hurts when you see this type of equipment fall into the wrong hands.
We will blame the Afghan forces alot on there own part.
Yet the Americans still bleeped up, why would the Americas leave this quantity and quality of hardwares in a junk yard for Taliban to just come and pick up knowing that the Afghan forces are not properly trained and motivated.
Eventually now this weapons and equipment will be used against innocent people and the entire Afghan forces, to me it seems this was done intentional.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1932) (1933) (1934) (1935) (1936) (1937) (1938) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.