Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2062) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3034834 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) (2065) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 3:52pm On Nov 02, 2021
arantess:

Perhaps you should focus on your 'intel' posts
focus on your post and stop quoting me if you do not do Fact check
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 4:05pm On Nov 02, 2021
Please do not ever quote me if you don't have information or fact check about any of my post. The video was copy from a solider account, on Instagram. I advised him to shot down the account which he did. The video did not happen anywhere around the south east. The operation done by the military in a local government at Enugu state was a joint task force between the military,dss , sts, police. Led by commissioner of police , and major Gideon. He said the military police have invited all of them which went for the operation in that video. I will not mention the location which the video take place inanother not to implicate the solider . But using weapon and firing anyhow should stop.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 4:30pm On Nov 02, 2021
They was an ambush on our men early hour of today by iswap the attack was repel. I watch iswap propaganda and I discovered some problems which the military need to work on and discovered a lot of lies. More of the video just show shooting and attack which we did not see who they where attacking. Some involved blasting of some equipment. And some show our 6x6 apc seize in mainko attack. The last part show iswap showing us the over 200 men and 23caanon weapon . brought from Libya most of those fighter are dead. Including the reconiss vehicle seize from iswap early this year. The military high command should not deploy solider to a location which repelling and attack is heard deploying solider in he middle of Forest is death sentence with situation awareness. Commander of battlion should be giving necessary background training on technical withdraw do not withdraw when you equipment are good it increase the armor of you enemy . If the military equipment is bad the military should work on recovering bad and damage vehicle from the battlefield. . Special operations should increase in lake Chad region down to Niger and Chad republic. Niger republic is the main problem iswap biggest base is station toward that country

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 4:31pm On Nov 02, 2021
grin grin grin
Our military reseacher/lawyer/intelligence officer is at it again!
How someone expects to be taken as more than a joke, after breathlessly sharing intel that JF17 had dropped nuclear bombs, is truly astounding.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
Iswap men sent from Libya are moving toward Nigeria arleady close to Niger republic over 200 hundred. There uniform and equipment too are heading toward the country. Some uniform are in the country a well airstrike is recommended. Please naf do recon

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 4:36pm On Nov 02, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
Please do not ever quote me if you don't have information or fact check about any of my post. The video was copy from a solider account, on Instagram. I advised him to shot down the account which he did. The video did not happen anywhere around the south east. The operation done by the military in a local government at Enugu state was a joint task force between the military,dss , sts, police. Led by commissioner of police , and major Gideon. He said the military police have invited all of them which went for the operation in that video. I will not mention the location which the video take place in another not to implicate the solider . But using weapon and firing anyhow should stop.
whether it happened in the south east or not isn't the crux of the matter the issue is bothered on the rascality and unprofessionalism of those soldiers you don't shoot indiscriminately like a drunkard in such setting. That's by the way sha, from the vegetation, soil and setting of those houses a discerning mind can tell where the action happened but lets keep lying to ourselves and not address the recklessness within the rank and file of the army.

15 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:42pm On Nov 02, 2021
ugo4u:

whether it happened in the south east or not isn't the crux of the matter the issue is bothered on the rascality and unprofessionalism of those soldiers you don't shoot indiscriminately like a drunkard in such setting. That's by the way sha, from the vegetation, soil and setting of those houses a discerning mind can tell where the action happened but lets keep lying to ourselves and not address the recklessness within the rank and file of the army.

You are not Patriotic cool

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 4:46pm On Nov 02, 2021
smiley smiley smiley
Lurker4Long:
grin grin grin
How someone expects to be taken as more than a joke, after breathlessly sharing intel that JF17 had dropped nuclear bombs, is truly astounding.
And how useless does one has to be to keep going back into the past to bring mis statement only for the purpose of discrediting one whose information has atleast on 60% occasion checked out

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2021
GeneralFarouq:
smiley smiley smiley
And how useless does one has to be to keep going back into the past to bring mis statement only for the purpose of discrediting one whose information has atleast on 60% occasion checked out
Not as useless as labelling blatant lies as "mis statement[sic]" and putting some store by the purveyor of such.
grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Different strokes for different folks!. The VT4 is the best option for us. It is a 3.5 generation tank. Not your regular 3rd generation tank.

Okay. So you got better battlefield understanding
Langweilig undecided

Let me use a simplistic analogy.

I need to transport 1000 people from Lagos to Ikang in Cross River state . The road is deplorable muddy and flooded in many sections.

A 4x4 is absolutely essential, l then buy the best off-roade vehicle A Range Rover Autobiography supercharged for over $145,000 @, but just one vehicle.

Or I could go out there and buy 20 used 2010 onwards Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 4x4 each able to carry 8 passenger in comfort.

Which one best meets the required need and is more effective in solving the problem.

The RR is better and much more comfortable and even better off road, but it’s not best value and best use of limited resources.

How big are our problems in the NE , how big is the land mass of the NE bigger than some countries. And how many VT4 Chinese ( questionable quality and reliability) MBT’s did we buy Not more than 25 if that .How much do they cost $4 million or thereabouts. That my friend is a drop of water in the ocean essentially.

Am I going up against other MBT’s my main threat is IED’s , HMG mounted Technicals and Rpg7. That is what I am trying to mitigate against. Therefore I should create the infrastructure to envelop, enclose and contain my threats.

You can pick up refurbished with thermal imaging target acquisition T72 tanks from as low as $100K or as high as $400K for some of the Ukruainian models.

But we can retrofit our ourselves it’s not rocket science.That means one VT4 gets us 20 T72 ‘s and 20 gets us 400 T72’s

Is there anybody who thinks if we had 400 T72 MBT tanks that this war would not be close to over, with proper battle field strategy .

That’s my rational based on efficacy and best use of resources for greatest impact. Below a YouTube video about the T72 in case some gave forgotten what it can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0snim2zjhx8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gK2h3RCh28

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 5:02pm On Nov 02, 2021
kikuyu1:

Iow,tax/GDP ratio is very very low. Ours is 18% Naij is 3.6%!? Frankly,til that is improved nothing will change.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_tax_revenue_to_GDP_ratio
Your link has some dodgy figures, but I take your point.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 5:10pm On Nov 02, 2021
Whyem15:
There has been an increase in the number of NAF night attacks on ISWAP/JAS in recent weeks. And these attacks are mostly targeted at large gatherings of the enemies. I love to see more of this especially in the lake Chad axis.

That's the effects of Super Tucano, and some low life people here who think they know more better than the military hierarchy, called it over hyped turbo prop aircraft, not worth the money spent on it, run away from such people, don't argue or waste your time with them.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 5:14pm On Nov 02, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

E.K. Gwuru

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 5:25pm On Nov 02, 2021
Lurker4Long:
grin grin grin

This is not funny, just read and pass, stop digging out what happened months ago, it's boring, and you are boring.
Pathetic.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2021
GeneralFarouq:
smiley smiley smiley

I tire for that guy, very boring someday, and he has nothing to contribute here, just sulking around, like a spoilt brat, very annoying, and childish person. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 5:31pm On Nov 02, 2021
If the soldier was wrong, there's nothing to implicate, they should be punished.
but it's what i said yesterday but deleted. everyone ranting about a video without a fvking context.
you don't know where, you don't know why. you just reacted

Nigerians, you are your own worst enemies. Once you are done destroying it, una go dey happy.
And to the A-holes always ready to tarnish the same guys holding the country together right now, i hope you roth in hell bro.
There are good soldiers out there sacrificing for the country, say thank you, mother effer

JOSCOFELIX:
Please do not ever quote me if you don't have information or fact check about any of my post. The video was copy from a solider account, on Instagram. I advised him to shot down the account which he did. The video did not happen anywhere around the south east. The operation done by the military in a local government at Enugu state was a joint task force between the military,dss , sts, police. Led by commissioner of police , and major Gideon. He said the military police have invited all of them which went for the operation in that video. I will not mention the location which the video take place inanother not to implicate the solider . But using weapon and firing anyhow should stop.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 5:38pm On Nov 02, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
The university’s spokesman, Habib Yakoob, confirmed the development, saying the victims are about six in number.

Gunmen on Tuesday morning struck at the staff quarters of the University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) and abducted a professor of Economics, Obansa Joseph, two of his children, among others.

A source and resident of the quarters, who pleaded anonymity, the gunmen invaded the senior staff quarters at Giri in Gwagwalada Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) at 1 a.m on Tuesday and operated for about an hour.

The names of the professor’s two children who were also abducted could not be confirmed as of the time of filing this report.

PREMIUM TIMES gathered that the other victims included those who were simply recognised by the source as “Barrister John, Fidelis and Mallam Sambo.”

The university’s spokesman, Habib Yakoob, confirmed the development, saying the victims are about six in number.

“Yes, I just confirmed that the information is true. Apart from the professor and his children, a non-academic staffer was also involved. They are about six victims,” Mr Yakoob said.

He, however, added that security operatives have been mobilised to secure their freedom.

“They are on their trail,” the spokesman said on the phone.

The victim, Mr Obansa, is described as a “distinguished economist of repute”.

He is currently a sitting Professor of Economics at the university and a Visiting Professor of Economics at Veritas University, also in Abuja.

Mr Obansa is an alumnus of University of Abuja and University of Lagos, whose research interest includes Health Economics and Quantitative Economic Analysis.

He has published extensively in reputable national and international journals and has served in several management and Administrative capacities within the University of Abuja.

As of the time of filing this report, the FCT Police spokesperson, Josephine Adeh, had yet to respond to phone enquiries concerning the attack.

Virtually all parts of the country is currently witnessing worsening insecurity and spike in crimes as security operatives battle to halt the surge.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/492914-just-in-gunmen-invade-uniabuja-staff-quarters-abduct-professor-children-others.html

Is there anybody here that did not see this coming.

The Bandits ( refused to be called terrorists) are now right in Abuja.

Just waiting to hear that they have kidnapped the senate President.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 5:53pm On Nov 02, 2021
Roan77:

That's the effects of Super Tucano, and some low life people here who think they know more better than the military hierarchy, called it over hyped turbo prop aircraft, not worth the money spent on it, run away from such people, don't argue or waste your time with them.

For the one that knows not, he thinks as he is so EVERYBODY ELSE is. He is mystified by half baked assumed knowledgeable armed forces officers. Essentially because HE KNOWS NOTHING and cannot say NOTHING to those who no LITTLE.

I think the phenomenon is cultural , you assume your Lecturer is all knowing and you know NOTHING and therefore when you get taught rubbish you think it's TRUE.

But then many don't bother to know by reading, studying engaging in productive interactions that will increase their knowledge and capacity by association. NO they remain in the Bliss of lgnorance.

Years ago I was at doing an MSc at a Russell group university, Business School.

In the Lecture theatre my Professor he was giving a lecture and I felt his position and view point was wrong. l voiced out my substantiated opinion, he promptly stepped down from the podium and asked me to take the Lecture which l did. Saying you seem to know more than me on this occasion.

Not long after I was offered a PhD scholarship and a lectureship at the university.

The point I am making is simple , if you lack knowledge get some and don't assume someone is ALL KNOWING and you know NOTHING.

14 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 6:07pm On Nov 02, 2021
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 6:07pm On Nov 02, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
They was an ambush on our men early hour of today by iswap the attack was repel. I watch iswap propaganda and I discovered some problems which the military need to work on and discovered a lot of lies. More of the video just show shooting and attack which we did not see who they where attacking. Some involved blasting of some equipment. And some show our 6x6 apc seize in mainko attack. The last part show iswap showing us the over 200 men and 23caanon weapon . brought from Libya most of those fighter are dead. Including the reconiss vehicle seize from iswap early this year. The military high command should not deploy solider to a location which repelling and attack is heard deploying solider in he middle of Forest is death sentence with situation awareness. Commander of battlion should be giving necessary background training on technical withdraw do not withdraw when you equipment are good it increase the armor of you enemy . If the military equipment is bad the military should work on recovering bad and damage vehicle from the battlefield. . Special operations should increase in lake Chad region down to Niger and Chad republic. Niger republic is the main problem iswap biggest base is station toward that country

I find it troubling and even bewildering.

Any wheeled or tracked vehicle that the enemy somehow ,( should NEVER HAPPEN) acquires . It immediately becomes a Trojan horse.

Hidden communication equipment will give you precise location movement and spatial positions of the enemy.

At the right time with precision guided munitions you obliterate the entire Area and those around it. Meanwhile you have gathered very valuable intel.

That's very basic stuff , it's not overly complicated.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixSeven: 7:26pm On Nov 02, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
... 23caanon weapon . brought from Libya most of those fighter are dead. ..

100% of their equipment came as loot from the NA into their hands.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 7:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
Roan77:

This is not funny, just read and pass, stop digging out what happened months ago, it's boring, and you are boring.
Pathetic.
He does chat shite sometimes. Had to be said.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 8:31pm On Nov 02, 2021
grin

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fufubear: 8:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
SuperSixSeven:

100% of their equipment came as loot from the NA into their hands.
Its not 100% don't forget there's more nations than just Nigeria in the fight.

Personally I have a hard time believing the 23mm comes from NA considering the 23mm doesn't seem to be commonly mounted on guntrucks in Nigeria. NA usually mounts DsHkm and QJC 88 on guntrucks and mraps. Are the 23mm bought from Lybia? Who knows could be could not be.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DubaiLandLord3: 8:45pm On Nov 02, 2021
How come the person wey talk sey him dey Maiduguri no dey ever get update but the person wey no dey Maiduguri dey always get update cool

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DubaiLandLord3: 8:46pm On Nov 02, 2021
I just touched down in Maiduguri now, it's 1am here
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 02, 2021
Litmus:

Are you implying that one military crime is better or more understandable than another depending on location? Personally i don't see why Canadian soldiers raping and mutilating a Somalian girl, as I read somewhere, in addition to killing two other unarmed Somalis is not just as bad as Canadian soldiers raping some Canadian girl at a club somewhere in Canada and gunning down a couple of Canadians in Canada. If we are establishing a hierarchy of military committed crimes, does crime committed by US soldiers in Afghanistan rank higher than ones committed in Iraq for instance?

If, for the sake of trying to understand this thing, Nigeria invited American police to help ensure peaceful elections in some state and they ended up abusing their powers and shot dead several civilians would this be of less concern to the American state or international opinion than equivalent deaths caused by police in America. Wouldn't it actually be seen as worst to commit this abuse of power in a foreign nation than at home?

I have little doubt personally that American soldiers would commit conflict crimes in America should armed conflict arise in America to the extent that it has in Nigeria. I actually believe they would commit worst ones in any objective analysis afterwards. Could the American civil war be used in illustration or is that too old?
I'm replying base on your first question.

I no really give a dam about what happened between the Americans and Afghani

I'm more concern about the Nigerian Army unleashing hell on the Nigerian people.

An organisation wey dey exist because of One Nigeria. But according to the story Jnl told us happened in Afghanistan, some soldiers were eventually prosecuted. The Nigerian army don already call the video we use our eyes see fake

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 9:11pm On Nov 02, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
focus on your post and stop quoting me if you do not do Fact check
Bipolar clown
One moment you are writing and spelling jargon, next moment you are typing well

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 02, 2021
Nigerian army called the video a Propaganda, but, person for here don talk say the guys in that video have been invited by the MP.

I wander if been senselessly brutal is one of the things been taught in the Nigerian army

Let this same soldiers in that video go and face ISWAP or Boko Haram with assault rifles and you will see them crying profusely about not been well equipped.

As dem kill some of the Youths in that community in Enugu and burning the villagers properties, I hope it has lead to the collapse of UGM

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 9:20pm On Nov 02, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Nigerian army called the video a Propaganda, but, person for here don talk say the guys in that video have been invited by the MP.

I wander if been senselessly brutal is one of the things been taught in the Nigerian army

Let this same soldiers in that video go and face ISWAP or Boko Haram with assault rifles and you will see them crying profusely about not been well equipped.

As dem kill some of the Youths in that community in Enugu and burning the villagers properties, I hope it has lead to the collapse of UGM
grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 02, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

I wonder how some of you think. First, you passed out the video claiming it happened in SE - others suggested otherwise, doesn't make it less of a crime. If you are familiar with the way the military works, this should not as a surprise.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) (2065) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.