Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2064) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3032553 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:23pm On Nov 03, 2021
Magumeri Town under attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 1:10pm On Nov 03, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

I'm confident the camp there can fend of the attack, the terrorists probably thought since it is located towards south and Central Borno, it will not be as defended as those in northern Borno.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lami1996: 1:18pm On Nov 03, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Then stop tagging peeps here IPOB just because they don’t have same opinion with you bro.

You represent trash on this forum bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lami1996: 1:21pm On Nov 03, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Then stop tagging peeps here IPOB just because they don’t have same opinion with you bro.

I said sympathisers though,I never tagged them "IPOB". It's simple English mahn!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 1:26pm On Nov 03, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
- Mount roadblocks, conduct stop and search - Heavy traffic

There is palpable tension in Abuja, FCT, following security reports of a planned attack on the Nigerian capital by bandits and terrorists.

Security reports obtained by the military late Tuesday night indicated that attackers were planning to enter the FCT through the Abuja-Keffi expressway and other entry points.

Troops have been placed on high alert and are deployed to strategic locations where they are mounting security checkpoints to monitor, prevent and arrest any potential attackers.

The soldiers have mounted roadblocks at all entry and exit points into the FCT, and are conducting stop and search operations on specific vehicles and passengers.

The operation, which began midnight Tuesday, is said to have led to the arrest of some suspects who are now assisting the security operatives with useful information, Daily Sun has gathered.

Motorists, especially those who live along the Abuja-Keffi expressway in areas like Kugbo, Karu, Jokwoyi, Orozo, Karshi, Nyanya, Mararaba, One-man village, Masaka, among other satellite towns, are finding it difficult traversing the road as a result of roadblocks mounted by soldiers of the Guards Brigade, who are responsible for the security of the President, his immediate family, VIPs, as well as the FCT and its environs.

Some residents told Daily Sun that they left their homes as early as 6:30 am but are yet to arrive at their places of work.

A military source, who does not want to be identified on print, told Daily Sun that similar checkpoints have been mounted around Abaji, Zuba and Bwari areas to arrest suspects before they gain access into the capital city.

The source said that the invasion of the University of Abuja early Tuesday morning by bandits who abducted some staff members and their families, may not be unconnected to the security measures, with troops in hot pursuit to apprehend the kidnappers.

The source further stated that while authorities are aware of the effect on residents, motorists and other road users of the security points mounted by the soldiers, the security of the FCT and its residents was crucial, asking that the public bear with the temporary inconvenience.

When contacted, the Commander of the Guards Brigade confirmed the security measures at checkpoints by soldiers.

SOURCE

I Travelled to Keffi yesterday. Hit the road back to Abuja around 8 this morning. As at 10.38, I was still in orange market area of Mararaba. I had to bike to Karu 700 with abeg. The traffic this checkpoint thing caused today no be here.. The vehicle I boarded don kuku stop for mararaba.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 03, 2021
Mohammed Nuhu, Vice Principal of Junior Secondary School (JSS), Yebu in Kwali Area Council of Abuja, has been abducted.

A teacher, who preferred anonymity, said kidnappers wielding sophisticated weapons invaded the staff quarters of the school.

He said some of the kidnappers surrounded the quarters, while other gangs scaled the fence into the compound from where they broke into his apartment and whisked him away.

He said the kidnappers tied down the security guard manning the gate before they forced the victim’s door open.

“In fact, even some teachers that are staying inside the quarters could not be able to come out because of the sporadic gun shots” he said.

The incident happened on Saturday night.

The chairman of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) wing of the Nigeria Union Teachers (NUT), Comrade Stephen Knabayi, confirmed the abduction of the vice principal to Daily Trust.

He said the incident happened a few days after the Chief Imam of Yabgoji Central Mosque, Abubakar Abdullahi Gbedako, who is also the vice principal of Junior Secondary School, Kwaita, still in Kwali area council, was abducted.

Knabayi said the union had written several mails to the FCT Administration and some area council chairmen to complain over incessant abduction of its members.

When contacted, spokesperson of the FCT police command, DSP Adeh Josephine, said she is currently in a meeting.

She promised to call our reporter back after the meeting but had not done so as of the time of this report.

Daily Trust
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:36pm On Nov 03, 2021
ocelotP:
C'mmon guys, we shouldn't be doing this banters, insults, names calling and trolling at any level by now. We have been here too long to know better.

The much recently telegram battlefield channel, a branch of this thread gives an insight to how a two way civil communication should be, that channel holds more conversation, post pictures, constructive criticism and daily debates on contrasting views than we do here and not for once since after joining have i seen them fight, quarrel or throw banters as we do here. Their level of respect, good communication ethics and mutual respect is second to none. Google "battlefieldgroup01" join the telegram channel and have a feel to what i mean.

It is their serene environment that even pulls big names in the defense microblogging platforms from twitter and Instagram frontline reporters into the group.

We can do better guys, not all comments needs a response, we can read and ignore trolls.

Godbless us all.
Gimme that link please
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:49pm On Nov 03, 2021
Lami1996:

You represent trash on this forum bro

No issues with that cool

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelotP: 2:05pm On Nov 03, 2021
Odunayaw:
Gimme that link please

I'm not sure Nairaland would allow me post the link but you can search "battlefieldgroup01" without the quotes on google. You would see the channel. Then, join. Or

ht tps://t. me/battlefieldgroup01

Remove the space' betwn t's then search on google.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:11pm On Nov 03, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

The attack has been repelled by the Army and Airforce.
The available information revealed that the ISWAP entered the town offensively and burnt down the Airtel mast, medications were carted away from the state hospital.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 3:02pm On Nov 03, 2021
What force is attacking Nigeria ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 4:32pm On Nov 03, 2021
Litmus:
What force is attacking Nigeria ?

Organized crime

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 4:33pm On Nov 03, 2021
special force draw from some sf battlion in Northeast have strike iswap sf base . This mission was led by chiwar . The location will house our sf from now. Good work keep the fire burning. A reinforcement unit today escape a IED attack in gumbail God help out men. The SF battlion in brono should reinforce there base. They may want to distract them knowing fullly that they will lead the next offensive. General irabor is a commander of good leadership. With what he is planning for the offensive it will be fire to fire

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ArabicBerber(m): 4:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
Meanwhile in the most powerful nation in Africa & The Middle East...

I present to you the 4th Armored Division a sub Division of the 3rd Army.

The Knights of Egypt
Commander: Brigadier General Hatim Mustafa Zahran
Years Active:1956 onward
HQ: Suez
12,000 Troops
240 Tanks
Vehicles include: M1A1 tanks, M109A5 self-propelled guns, Sakr-45 Rocket Artillery and M113 armored personnel carriers.

Notable engagements include: The Tripartite Aggression, North Yemen Civil War, Six Day War, Yom Kippur War, Gulf War, Egyptian Revolution of 2011, and Sinai Insurgency.

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2021
Whyem15:

Organized crime

You mean like in Mexico or are you playing with the idea of so-called corruption in Nigeria as a sort of organized rubbery of Nigerians, leaving Nigeria like a crime scene. smiley
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
Litmus:

You mean like in Mexico or are you playing with the idea of so-called corruption in Nigeria as a sort of organized rubbery of Nigerians, leaving Nigeria like a crime scene. smiley

It's the same thing, it starts with corruption that weakens government and strengthens non state actors and before you know what's happening, the non-state actors will start acting or attempting to act as authorities in territories they have a bit of strength in.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 6:38pm On Nov 03, 2021
Whyem15:

It's the same thing, it starts with corruption that weakens government and strengthens non state actors and before you know what's happening, the non-state actors will start acting or attempting to act as authorities in territories they have a bit of strength in.

What is corruption?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2021
ArabicBerber:
Meanwhile in the most powerful nation in Africa & The Middle East...

I present to you the 4th Armored Division a sub Division of the 3rd Army.

The Knights of Egypt
Commander: Brigadier General Hatim Mustafa Zahran
Years Active:1956 onward
HQ: Suez
12,000 Troops
240 Tanks
Vehicles include: M1A1 tanks, M109A5 self-propelled guns, Sakr-45 Rocket Artillery and M113 armored personnel carriers.

Notable engagements include: The Tripartite Aggression, North Yemen Civil War, Six Day War, Yom Kippur War, Gulf War, Egyptian Revolution of 2011, and Sinai Insurgency.

The best and strongest military in Africa,no cap.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:17pm On Nov 03, 2021
Jets and Military Heli moving this night. It looks like the war season has kicked off.

Reporting from my bed in Maiduguri lipsrsealed

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 03, 2021
Suspected fighters of the Islamic States of West African Province (ISWAP), on Wednesday, attacked a community hospital and burnt down telecommunications mast in Mugumeri Local Government Area of Borno State.

A witness said after storming the headquarters of the local government, they fired at all directions.

Our correspondent gathered that the attackers stole some drugs and other medical consumables.

A security source disclosed that they divided themselves into two groups.

While the military exchanged gunfire with a group of the ISWAP fighters, the other group sneaked into the hospital to steal drugs, a refrigerator and some bedsheets, according to the source.

“They attacked the town from behind, burning down Airtel Mast and ransacking the hospital.”

“They went away with drugs, a refrigerator and some bedsheets,” the source said.

Magumeri is some 40 kilometers away from Maiduguri, the state capital.

SOURCE

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EgusiShankly: 8:36pm On Nov 03, 2021
GeneralFarouq:
smiley smiley smiley
And how useless does one has to be to keep going back into the past to bring mis statement only for the purpose of discrediting one whose information has atleast on 60% occasion checked out
It's at this point very childish

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by WoeBetide666: 9:19pm On Nov 03, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Maybe I don Bleep lami Papa yansh before sha, wey the fool!sh thing take know say I be gay grin

Immediately I saw the Dubailandlord3 I knew it was the handwork of Woebetide, but I was not interested in calling him out cause am not Dubailandlord3

Some of you guys here like Lami are extremely dull and hardly make use of una brain, una go just dey react base on una emotions. Una own nah to just look at pic, and wail about people like me wey dey always talk the truty about the useless, indiscipline and unprofessional Nigerian army, whose operation is like that of ISWAP, UGM and Bandits.

Na your papa, idiot. I no dey follow you do gay o mumu
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 10:21pm On Nov 03, 2021
I swear, there are more professors on this thread than in the rest of the country. Everyone want boast about being smart and feel important, how about humility, be humble.
You guys should calm down more and have civil discourse without abusing one another.
Who needs outside enemy, you are doing a great job already

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 10:50pm On Nov 03, 2021
Sizzorkay:
I swear, there are more professors on this thread than in the rest of the country. Everyone want boast about being smart and feel important, how about humility, be humble.
You guys should calm down more and have civil discourse without abusing one another.
Who needs outside enemy, you are doing a great job already
More professors on this thread than the country grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 10:55pm On Nov 03, 2021
The hypocrisy of the West.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 03, 2021
NIGERIAN NAVY SIGNS CONTRACT FOR TWO NEW WARSHIPS

The Nigerian Navy today signed a contract with a Turkish company, Messrs Dearsan Shipyard Limited for the purchase of 2 brand new Offshore Patrol Vessels. The 2 vessels are expected to be completed within 37 months.

Speaking at the ceremony, Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo recalled that Nigerian Navy has in the last couple of months brought to bear her dominant status in the region by sustaining an aggressive presence in the nation’s maritime environment, leading to drastic reduction in acts of criminality in the domain.

This development he added has been acknowledged by the International Maritime Bureau (IMB) in its Global Piracy Report of 14 July 2021, indicating the lowest total of piracy and armed attacks against ships in 27 years.

According to the CNS, this report was corroborated by the Defence Web maritime security report of 15 October 2021 which noted further decline in reported cases of piracy and armed attacks against shipping in the Gulf of Guinea (GoG), a development he attributed to the impact of NN maritime security operations efforts.​

Admiral Gambo stated that the contract signing ceremony was another milestone achievement by the Nigerian Navy in her fleet renewal effort towards realizing her 2021-2030 Strategic Plan and expressed gratitude to the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari for his continued support and goodwill towards the Nigerian Navy.

The CNS also recalled that on the directive of the President and Commander-in-Chief, the Nigerian Navy hosted the Chief of the Ghana Navy to discuss collaborative efforts to combat piracy and other maritime crimes in the GoG and during the meeting, it was agreed that there was a need to establish a standing ECOWAS Multinational Task Force in the GoG.

Pertinently, to sustain the upwards trajectory of the NN’s operational engagements and actively participate in the proposed Task Force, the CNS informed that the President granted approval for the NN to procure 2 High Endurance Offshore Patrol Vessels with the capability to carry out maritime interdiction operations, surveillance and special forces operations as well as provide naval fire support to land forces. ”The OPVs will also be capable of conducting search and rescue operations, anti-piracy, anti-smuggling and anti-drug trafficking operations and disaster relief operations among others”.

Admiral Gambo further revealed that the process of selecting a shipyard capable of constructing the OPVs began in earnest and Dearsan Shipyard Limited was selected based on its track record and the conviction that the shipyard would be able to construct a platform that could be deployed as an OPV in peacetime, while having the capability and flexibility to be quickly outfitted with sensors and weapons to re-role the platform for warfare and maritime defence purposes, at a cost effective price.

According to him, today was a remarkable day as it marked the consummation of relationship between the NN and Messrs Dearsan which is hoped would lead to more fruitful engagements between Nigeria and Turkey in the future.

While responding, the Chief Executive Officer of Messrs Dearsan Shipyard, Mr Murat Gordi appreciated the Nigerian Navy and the Federal Government for the confidence placed on their company to construct the Offshore Patrol Vessels.

He further assured that the company would reciprocate by building the best in class vessel for the Nigerian Navy and ensure the contract is faithfully executed to deliver true value for money.

Mr Gordi added that this project will further strengthen ties between the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Turkey through the provision of added value in technological transfer and expertise.

The event was graced by principal staff officers of the Naval Headquarters and representatives from Messrs Dearsan Shipyard Limited.

SULEMAN DAHUN
Commodore
​​​​​​​​for Chief of the Naval Staff

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 12:56am On Nov 04, 2021
Oga Whelm 15, if you’d told me what you believe corruption is, I might have asked you what you believe causes corruption. And if you’d continued to humour me by answering, I might have been able to make you rethink whether corruption is at all Nigeria’s problem. This is since the generally agreed upon explanation for the causes of corruption essentially describes the nature of the majority of humanity. From this you may as well conclude that Nigeria is suffering from Humanity. Looked at from this perspective you may begin to see that the minority of us that complain of corruption, site it as the problem, are frustrated by it, want to tackle it in current preconceived way, are wrong.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:14am On Nov 04, 2021
How gunmen kidnapped 66 worshippers from Kaduna church

A member of Emmanuel Baptist Church, Kakkau Daji in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State, Mr. Joshua Alamageni, has narrated how suspected gunmen numbering about 50 stormed the church in broad daylight, and kidnapped 66 members during service.

DAILY POST recalls that suspected kidnappers had stormed the church on October 31, 2021, and kidnapped the worshippers.

The Vice Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Rev. Joseph Hayab, confirmed the number of abductees.

Also, the Kaduna State Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Mr. Samuel Aruwan, confirmed the kidnap but was silent on the number of victims. He only said a worshipper was shot dead, while others sustained injuries.

However, Alamageni, 46, who spoke to DAILYPOST who was on a fact-finding visit to the church, said he narrowly escaped being kidnapped, as he went to change his money to lower denomination for church offerings when the kidnappers arrived.

He said the church was filled to capacity and members were singing praises and worshipping God when suddenly, they heard gunshots.

“It was 9.30am in the morning. While members were singing praises to Almighty God, all of a sudden, we heard gunshots that rented the air.

Everywhere was quiet as members’ praises to God came to an abrupt end. Although I was not too far from where I went to look for the lower denomination of money I had, I stood faraway and was seeing everybody.

“The gunmen first went to the teenage church, but later changed their minds and moved towards the adult church when a sound of a gun rented the air.”

He said it was the sound of guns that made worshipers abandon their Bibles, bags, and other valuables and scamper for their lives.

“The pastor of the church hid under the church table, as that wasn’t enough, he jumped through the window and ran into the bush.

“Many who could not run because of fear, were captured by the bandits and were given their matching order to the bush. Although, the kidnappers succeeded in killing one of our members who was running to a safe bush,” he added.

Hayab and some church elders told DAILY POST that the kidnappers are yet to make contact with them.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/03/how-gunmen-kidnapped-66-worshippers-from-kaduna-church-member/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 04, 2021
Nigerian Army has warned solders against taking pictures and videos during operations. Which was contained in a leaked memo distributed to all the divisions of the Nigerian army.
This comes after videos of Nigerian solders shooting indicriminately and burning houses in Izombe community in imo state and another community in Enugu state surfaced online.
In Izombe community, an army commander was seen and heard ordering his boys to kill any one they see in the community which later resulted in the deaths of many villagers including a woman and her children allegely burnt alive inside their house by Nigerian solders.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:42am On Nov 04, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Nigerian Army has warned solders against taking pictures and videos during operations. Which was contained in a leaked memo distributed to all the divisions of the Nigerian army.
This comes after videos of Nigerian solders shooting indicriminately and burning houses in Izombe community in imo state and another community in Enugu state surfaced online.
In Izombe community, an army commander was seen and heard ordering his boys to kill any one they see in the community which later resulted in the deaths of many villagers including a woman and her children allegely burnt alive inside their house by Nigerian solders.

Definitely the top Military hierarchy knew that video was from its Personnel. Na him men instead of to say what is bad is bad we begin drag USA. cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 7:36am On Nov 04, 2021
Litmus:
Oga Whelm 15, if you’d told me what you believe corruption is, I might have asked you what you believe causes corruption. And if you’d continued to humour me by answering, I might have been able to make you rethink whether corruption is at all Nigeria’s problem. This is since the generally agreed upon explanation for the causes of corruption essentially describes the nature of the majority of humanity. From this you may as well conclude that Nigeria is suffering from Humanity. Looked at from this perspective you may begin to see that the minority of us that complain of corruption, site it as the problem, are frustrated by it, want to tackle it in current preconceived way, are wrong.

There are more than a few definitions of corruption that are largely the same thing and none of them makes the statement that "corruption weakens governments" false.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 7:38am On Nov 04, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Definitely the top Military hierarchy knew that video was from its Personnel. Na him men instead of to say what is bad is bad we begin drag USA. cool
In the end we will be alright, I guess smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: abduleez1(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.