Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2068) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3016616 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) (2071) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ArabicBerber(m): 9:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
komekn:

Objectivity requires that you have a non partisan approach to your analysis and be devoid of sentiment and emotive based preference.

You have described the Ethiopian Armed forces as. "SURPRISING INCOMPETENCE"

Someone even mocked the Ethiopian air forces implying they cant even maintain sophisticated SU27 they have. Again emotive prejudiced based assumptions .

If you like try a balance score card approach and look at the Nigerian armed forces.

Do you know how the Nigerian armed forces are viewed both regionally and internationally in general

Don't just have a self birthed conceited Nigerian based parochial view.

I'm not even Nigerian; I'm just following the data. Yes; I thought the Ethiopian Armed Forces would have performed better than this. They have some of the most sophisticated equipment in Sub Saharan Africa and used to be rated 2nd to only South Africa. So yes I'm SURPRISED there getting dominated by foot rebels at such a level weaker nations have swept. I don't no much about there maintenance and never commented on it began with.

How the Nigerian Armed Forces is viewed varies depending on who you ask and there motives. Right now there militery performance on the battlefield ain't ideal but is outperforming "just about" every other country in sub Saharan Africa. I don't think there special but there clearly more competent than your usual African nation

The fact of the matter is Bokoharam in all there forms have been campaigning in a revelant compacitity since 2009 and they've never made it beyond the North East or Greater Lake Chad Region of West Africa and today there no more than glorified scavangers sensationalized to hell and back thanks to politics. They couldn't even take a state capital.

That's progress.

The Tigrey didn't start seriously campaigning until 2018 and there already pulling up at the National Capital despite Ethiopia being more militarized than Nigeria at the start of there conflict.

That's decline.

You can't argue with the facts starring you dead in the face.

I said I'm pretty sure the Ethiopian soldiers are doing the best they can with what there given and that this incompetence is more than likely do to the top officials. So there wasn't even disrespect.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:47pm On Nov 07, 2021
Incoherence as usual. Nothing has changed
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MAN1960ii: 10:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
ArabicBerber:

I'm not even Nigerian; I'm just following the data. Yes; I thought the Ethiopian Armed Forces would have performed better than this. They have some of the most sophisticated equipment in Sub Saharan Africa and used to be rated 2nd to only South Africa. So yes I'm SURPRISED there getting dominated by foot rebels at such a level weaker nations have swept. I don't no much about there maintenance and never commented on it began with.

How the Nigerian Armed Forces is viewed varies depending on who you ask and there motives. Right now there militery performs on the battlefield is outperforming "just about" every other country in sub Saharan Africa. I don't think there special but there clearly more competent than your usual African nation

The fact of the matter is Bokoharam in all there forms have been campaigning in a revelant compacitity since 2009 and they've never made it beyond the North East or Greater Lake Chad Region of West Africa and today there no more than glorified scavangers sensationalized to hell and back thanks to politics. They couldn't even take a state capital.

That's progress.

The Tigrey didn't start seriously campaigning until 2018 and there already pulling up at the National Capital despite Ethiopia being more militarized than Nigeria at the start of there conflict.

That's decline.

I said I'm pretty sure the Ethiopian soldiers are doing the best they can with what there given and that this incompetence is more than likely do to the top officials. So there wasn't even disrespect.

You are blessed with knowledge my brother

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ArabicBerber(m): 10:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
Addis Ababa residents being asked to get ready to fight.

Ethiopia PM says there is ‘sacrifice to pay’ as Tigray forces advance on Addis Ababa.

Rebels advance to within 200 miles of Ethiopia’s capital puts the city.

"After a year of grinding conflict in Ethiopia’s mountainous north, thousands of opposition forces this week pushed their way to within 200 miles of the capital Addis Ababa, forcing the city’s residents to gird for the possibility that the war will soon be on their doorsteps and triggering a cascade of frantic preparations across the region".

Abiy declared a state of emergency that allows for conscription of “any military age citizen who has weapons.” The mayor called on residents to take up arms to secure their neighborhoods. The military asked veterans to reenlist. Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed, who won the Nobel Peace Prize two years ago, has vowed to “bury this enemy with our blood and bones.”

BURY THIS ENEMY WITH OUR BLOOD AND BONES!

Sources:
[url] https://english.alarabiya.net/amp/News/world/2021/11/06/Ethiopia-PM-says-there-is-sacrifice-to-pay-as-Tigray-forces-advance-on-Addis-Ababa [/url]
[url] https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/11/06/ethiopia-addis-ababa-tplf/ [/url]

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O2EsnrWgjA [/url]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 10:23pm On Nov 07, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

You're correct to an extent. I used to believe that, the Tigray wants control of the entire Ethiopian state. In that case, a Tigray government would breed instability. Even if Tigray only wants a region out of Ethiopia, it is a problem. Tigray would turn out to be a poor, landlocked country, which would be a breeding ground for rebels and terrorists. My point is, even if Tigray leaves Ethiopia, the both states would be greatly unstable.

tigrayan , Ethiopia and Eritrea are one complex story.ethiopian army are mostly composed of tribes loyal to their ethnic liberation fronts .

Abiy hoped and wanted to dismantle them but he bite more than he could chew.
Mind you it's not only the TPLF that is fighting the Ethiopian govt the OLF are also in the fight but less reported.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:26pm On Nov 07, 2021
ArabicBerber:

How the Nigerian Armed Forces is viewed varies depending on who you ask and there motives. Right now there militery performs on the battlefield is outperforming "just about" every other country in sub Saharan Africa. I don't think there special but there clearly more competent than your usual African nation

That's progress.

That's decline.

What you have not done is to consider first of all the genesis of this war, which is actually internally political.

The second thing to consider is the regional, ethnic dynamics. These people have more in common than what could possibly devide them.

This may find combatants not too willing to spill blood for thier political master's. That affects moral and discipline. The Tigray ( landlocked) are almost entirely using abandoned weaponry by the Ethiopian to prosecute this war.

That tells you something, look at the thousands of Ethiopian soldiers captured/ surrendered prisoners of war who do not look like they are being treated badlyl

My projections are if they enter Addis Ababa with the not so popular government ( forget the government sponsored rallies) there will be dancing in the streets with a collapse of the existing not so popular government very shortly.

Not too long ago there was mass protests against the government of Abiy Ahmed which was put down violently.

Let's not see things with superficial eyes.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
There is a new multi national rapid force , Literal "Response Group" with the USA spear heading it.

A force that could be deployed in Africa if needs be. Video below is self explanatory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q7duIOapzw
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 10:57pm On Nov 07, 2021
komekn:

What you have not done is to consider first of all the genesis of this war, which is actually internally political.

The second thing to consider is the regional, ethnic dynamics. These people have more in common than what could possibly devide them.

This may find combatants not too willing to spill blood for thier political master's. That affects moral and discipline. The Tigray ( landlocked) are almost entirely using abandoned weaponry by the Ethiopian to prosecute this war.

That tells you something, look at the thousands of Ethiopian soldiers captured/ surrendered prisoners of war who do not look like they are being treated badlyl

My projections are if they enter Addis Ababa with s not so popular ( forget the government sponsored rallies) there will be dancing in the streets of with a collapse of f the existing not so popular government.

Not too long ago there was mass protests against the government of. Abiy Ahmed which was put down violently.

I really don't know how this makes sense to you. Please someone by becoming prisoner of war?

Did you even know the whole thing started? When Ethiopian military occupied the Tigray region with heavy military deployment? Am sure they didn't think of pleasing some Godfathers then.

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ArabicBerber(m): 11:13pm On Nov 07, 2021
komekn:

My projections are if they enter Addis Ababa with s not so popular ( forget the government sponsored rallies) there will be dancing in the streets of with a collapse of f the existing not so popular government.

Not too long ago there was mass protests against the government of. Abiy Ahmed which was put down violently.

That's a very enlightening and informative read on the ethnic politics of Ethiopia but my statement stands.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ArabicBerber(m): 12:30am On Nov 08, 2021
Current Tigray advancement as Addis Ababa prepares to try to pull a Stalingrad.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 1:12am On Nov 08, 2021
komekn:

You have moved away from the comparison proposition which was made between the Ethiopian armed forces and the Nigerian armed forces .

It's that comparison, I QUESTIONED. With the suggestion that the Nigerian armed forces would not be able to any better against the Tigray armed forces.

So what exactly is your point Considering what the core discussion is.❓❓

Truth to be told, the tigrayan force will not fare better against Nigeria military, using conventional tactics, they will be smacked.
Ask the Chadian troops when they invaded Borno, they learned a lesson they will never forget in their lives, we nearly took over their capital, only to be stopped by president Shagari, this is Chadian troops that humiliated Libya, but couldn't gain the same success against Nigeria.

16 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 4:46am On Nov 08, 2021
IGpro1:
same reason you should be go to the social media platforms of the military to vent your anger on them,
Most times I laugh when some key board warriors leave who dey 'hurt' their fragile emotions dey Yan rubbish against the military for here. Like are we the military?

If you wan drag military abeg go straight to their handles and do the needful. Stop Ranting here.
Useless army,
Bad army,
If your civilian govt were half as effective as the military, we would long have been in a safer country today,
What stops the police from calming the situation, or the democratically elected state govt from immediately calling Abuja to call their boys to order,
Northerners keep breeding like animals,
Southerners have zero confidence and respect for the police,
Is it the military that will enforce family planning
Or tell the police what to do.?
Sorry I'm not talking against any military here. I'm just against people making unhealthy comparisons with first nations. Read my comments again please.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:15am On Nov 08, 2021
tutudesz:

Zimbabwe Naira grin
grin cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:15am On Nov 08, 2021
kabe1:

grin grin grin grin

Wetin be dis?

Full 10 Billion na em you dash person? grin grin grin
How I go do? grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:16am On Nov 08, 2021
Coolliot:

Lol, some of us do actually know about defense matters, but some people won't let people that know talk, some people would rather want to pass imagination as reality and force it down people's throat.
Absolutely true.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:17am On Nov 08, 2021
komekn:

Looks like a Leopard MK2 at a glance , probably best tank in the world outside of the Abrams M1

Originally made in Germany.
In my opinion, the K2 black panther is the best tank in the world apart from the M1a2 Abrams. Some sources even put it on par with the Abrams.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 7:48am On Nov 08, 2021
How true is this ? Our border is so porous.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 08, 2021
Terrorists, often referred to as bandits, have appointed their members to head some villages in Sabon Birni Local Government Area of Sokoto State. According to a Sokoto-based online newspaper, Daily Star, the new terrorist village heads were reportedly acting on the orders of one of the most notorious bandits, Turji.

According to the report, the bandits first summoned the Gangara villagers to a crucial meeting in Saturu village on Thursday to announce the deposition of the existing heads of the villages and posting of some of their members as the new ward heads. In attendance at the meeting were five Turji commanders namely Ɗan Baƙƙwalo, Boka Tamisƙe, Hassan Ɗan Ƙwaro, Dogo and Jammu Baƙi. The new strongmen then asked Gangara villagers asked to select one from the five bandit commanders to serve as their village head. The villagers selected Ɗan Baƙƙwalo, after which they were given some conditions by their new ruler.

Reading riot act to the villagers, Mr Ɗan Baƙƙwalo said no police officer, military personnel or vigilante group members would be allowed henceforth in the village. He implored his subjects that all disputes must be brought to him for adjudication.

The new ruler also ordered the villagers contribute and pay the sum of N1.5 million tribute to him.

Mr Ɗan Baƙƙwalo ordered the immediate reopening of three Juma’at mosques and the resumption of weekly (Tuesday) market activities in Gangara village, against the order of Sokoto state government of closure of all weekly markets.

At Maƙwaruwa village, bandit commander Boka Tamisƙe declared himself the new district head and summoned a meeting where he asked the ‘ousted’ district head, one Ɗan Sani, to tell the villagers, by himself, who was now in charge.

Mr Ɗan Sani told the people there that Boka was now the new head of the village.

“The villagers had no option but to obey these bandits” one of the villagers told the newspaper.

“They are now in charge and every case or dispute must be reported to them.”

Meanwhile, 85 villages in Burƙusuma, in Gatawa ward, have been taxed N300,000 each for not farming enough food that the bandits could use.

The villagers were given an ultimatum to contribute the money or face the wrath of the gunmen.

When contacted by DAILY NIGERIAN, the spokesman for the Sokoto State Police Command, ASP Sanusi Abubakar, said he would make some findings about the development and revert back.

https://dailynigerian.com/bandits-impose-village-heads/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 9:56am On Nov 08, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Terrorists, often referred to as bandits, have appointed their members to head some villages in Sabon Birni Local Government Area of Sokoto State. According to a Sokoto-based online newspaper, Daily Star, the new terrorist village heads were reportedly acting on the orders of one of the most notorious bandits, Turji.

According to the report, the bandits first summoned the Gangara villagers to a crucial meeting in Saturu village on Thursday to announce the deposition of the existing heads of the villages and posting of some of their members as the new ward heads. In attendance at the meeting were five Turji commanders namely Ɗan Baƙƙwalo, Boka Tamisƙe, Hassan Ɗan Ƙwaro, Dogo and Jammu Baƙi. The new strongmen then asked Gangara villagers asked to select one from the five bandit commanders to serve as their village head. The villagers selected Ɗan Baƙƙwalo, after which they were given some conditions by their new ruler.

Reading riot act to the villagers, Mr Ɗan Baƙƙwalo said no police officer, military personnel or vigilante group members would be allowed henceforth in the village. He implored his subjects that all disputes must be brought to him for adjudication.

The new ruler also ordered the villagers contribute and pay the sum of N1.5 million tribute to him.

Mr Ɗan Baƙƙwalo ordered the immediate reopening of three Juma’at mosques and the resumption of weekly (Tuesday) market activities in Gangara village, against the order of Sokoto state government of closure of all weekly markets.

At Maƙwaruwa village, bandit commander Boka Tamisƙe declared himself the new district head and summoned a meeting where he asked the ‘ousted’ district head, one Ɗan Sani, to tell the villagers, by himself, who was now in charge.

Mr Ɗan Sani told the people there that Boka was now the new head of the village.

“The villagers had no option but to obey these bandits” one of the villagers told the newspaper.

“They are now in charge and every case or dispute must be reported to them.”

Meanwhile, 85 villages in Burƙusuma, in Gatawa ward, have been taxed N300,000 each for not farming enough food that the bandits could use.

The villagers were given an ultimatum to contribute the money or face the wrath of the gunmen.

When contacted by DAILY NIGERIAN, the spokesman for the Sokoto State Police Command, ASP Sanusi Abubakar, said he would make some findings about the development and revert back.

https://dailynigerian.com/bandits-impose-village-heads/

And the PMB government still refers to them as Bandits.

Lost for words.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:05am On Nov 08, 2021
Roan77:

Truth to be told, the tigrayan force will not fare better against Nigeria military, using conventional tactics, they will be smacked.
Ask the Chadian troops when they invaded Borno, they learned a lesson they will never forget in their lives, we nearly took over their capital, only to be stopped by president Shagari, this is Chadian troops that humiliated Libya, but couldn't gain the same success against Nigeria.

You must be very young and inexperienced, your approach is indicative of your background.

Using historical analysis 2/3 decades ago to make a projection in the HERE and NOW.

I want you to think about , what the Chadeans did in two weeks when invited into Nigeria to help fight against Boko, what they did in Mali, all in very recent times.

Consider Thier international reputation as the toughest fighters in Sub Saharan Africa. Even with very rudimentary equipment if you ask me.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:21am On Nov 08, 2021
yoged:

Lake Chad area is vastly porous.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 10:32am On Nov 08, 2021
komekn:

You must be very young and inexperienced, your approach is indicative of your background.

Using historical analysis 2/3 decades ago to make a projection in the HERE and NOW.

I want you to think about , what the Chadeans did in two weeks when invited into Nigeria to help fight against Boko, what they did in Mali, all in very recent times.

Consider Thier international reputation as the toughest fighters in Sub Saharan Africa. Even with very rudimentary equipment if you ask me.

What are you talking about? This is very confusing, I'm lost here at this point.
I'm telling you about the conventional capabilities of Nigeria military, and you are saying something different entirely.
How are the Chadian troops faring against Boko Haram/ISWAP? They are getting hit too by the terrorists, this is a country that also lost it Chief in command/president in the hand of rebels, stop overrating Chad, they are nothing without France.
I think you are the inexperienced one here, when it comes to defense, if you can't use historic records as a judgement.

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MAN1960ii: 10:52am On Nov 08, 2021
Roan77:

What are you talking about? This is very confusing, I'm lost here at this point.
I'm telling you about the conventional capabilities of Nigeria military, and you are saying something different entirely.
How are the Chadian troops faring against Boko Haram/ISWAP? They are getting hit too by the terrorists, this is a country that also lost it Chief in command/president in the hand of rebels, stop overeating Chad, they are nothing without France.
I think you are the inexperienced one here, when it comes to defense, if you can't use historic records as a judgement.

Please don't waste your energy in this matter because it has become clear to me that he knows nothing of what he is saying. A man who says Nigeria invited chadian forces into Nigeria knows nothing about what he is saying.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MAN1960ii: 11:07am On Nov 08, 2021
Roan77:

Even if the Ethiopian airforce is not active enough to participate in the conflict don't the Ethiopian army have artillery systems? Now they say the tigrayan forces are coming to the capital with a define movement and this movement can be predicted, why not lineup about 20 to 30 155mm artillery systems and send the fear of God to them, using drones to cordinate the operation. The truth must be told the Ethiopian armed forces right now is a disgrace to their HISTORY.

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 11:10am On Nov 08, 2021
Roan77:

How are the Chadian troops faring against Boko Haram/ISWAP? They are getting hit too by the terrorists, this is a country that also lost it Chief in command/president in the hand of rebels, stop overeating Chad, they are nothing without France.

You won the argument with strong points bro, no need to proceed further.

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 12:14pm On Nov 08, 2021
Roan77:

Don't stress yourself too far bro, komekn will never accept defeat. He will rather repeat his wrong assertions over and over again or drift you away from the topic.

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RiceProducers: 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2021
komekn:

Chad has won many social media victories since Boko Haram started.

Before Boko Haram they were notable for defeating a division of the heavily armed but professionally inept Gadhaffi's army + mercenaries.

As someone is suggesting here, they did better as a conventional force than against Boko Haram.

They made incursions into Nigerian territory in the late 70s/early 80s and nearly lost their capital city in just a few days of blitzkrieg by NA.

13 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Valkrie: 3:34pm On Nov 08, 2021
yoged:

Don't worry, just be calm.....non of them would return back home alive....they would all be buried in Borno State.....!!

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lami1996: 5:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
We took delivery of over 100 armoured vehicles last night. Dongfeng.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 5:41pm On Nov 08, 2021
Lami1996:
We took delivery of over 100 armoured vehicles last night. Dongfeng.
Christmas came early shocked

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lami1996: 7:29pm On Nov 08, 2021
tutudesz:

Christmas came early shocked
We also took delivery of over 100 Bigfoot Mrap lastnight ,I have the video.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 7:33pm On Nov 08, 2021
youghs:

Don't stress yourself too far bro, komekn will never accept defeat. He will rather repeat his wrong assertions over and over again or drift you away from the topic.

Thank you bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) (2071) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.