Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2067) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3017244 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 12:49am On Nov 07, 2021
Inler77:

Adeyanju, the activist? Wonders.

No, uncle Deji that fact check news, and publish front line military news from the North East on Twitter.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 5:13am On Nov 07, 2021
jpphilips:

A disturbed Ethiopia wont pose significant threat for Nigeria, Tigray guys are not terrorists but anti government rebels unlike Libya that was a beehive of Alqaeda, Daesh & other Takfiri fighters.
Mali's Anzawad insurgency mirrowed Libya's situation more.

If the Tigray guys succeed (very unlikely) they will form a government that will keep Ethiopia stable, already, US has warned they shouldn't invade Addis Ababa but remain within their disputed territory, Abiy Ahmed is already talking to Turkey & other coalition partners, if fruitful, will replay Russia's assistance to Assad as FSA inched closer to Damascus.

The refugee crisis will overwhelm Eritrea, Djibouti and perhaps Kenya, they surely not coming west, perhaps south or accross the Gulf of Aden.
Nigeria needs not worry about that.

A disturbed Ethiopia makes the government weak, a weak government will make a perfect ground for terrorism to thrive.
It's now a matter of if they want to.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JackWolfskin: 7:08am On Nov 07, 2021
Inler77:

Adeyanju, the activist? Wonders.

No, I'm sure it's Deji Adesogan.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JackWolfskin: 7:09am On Nov 07, 2021
Roan77:

No, uncle Deji that fact check news, and publish front line military news from the North East on Twitter.

Uncle? Na your papa brother? grin

Deji is after 'content' for his media group and HumInt for his consulting.

Happy weekend my brothers and sisters. We are here for INT (inter Milan) too.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 8:10am On Nov 07, 2021
iblawi:
what do you expect from a army with over 300k troops and a budget of $300 million?

Is that amount enough to cover training, or maintenance, wages or procurement of equipments?

I just laughed when one Ethiopian and a sudanese were comparing their military to Nigerias' military. We think experts rating of military over another is a joke abi?

Truth is hard sha. Most of the military in Africa are joke.

if you research deep you will find out most Ethiopian army combat force are mainly TPLF & OLF .

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 8:14am On Nov 07, 2021
youghs:

A disturbed Ethiopia makes the government weak, a weak government will make a perfect ground for terrorism to thrive.
It's now a matter of if they want to.
abiy bite more than he can chew.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:31am On Nov 07, 2021
JackWolfskin:

grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 8:53am On Nov 07, 2021
JackWolfskin:

No be my papa brother, him name na Uncle Deji na. grin

Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:00am On Nov 07, 2021
kabe1:

Our military still has a lot to do interms of professionalism and training, but our guys are trying. They deserve a lot of credit.

Also our procurement of equipment has also been conducted in a sensible manner.

It's not by buying SU planes. The big question is, can you maintain them and keep them airworthy in the event of a conflict?

Procurement policies of the Nigerian Air Force and Navy have been worthy of praise and emulation.

Agreed without reservations.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:02am On Nov 07, 2021
EricBraven:

Don't let Babaowen see this ooo

cheesy grin. I understand that man alot. He's just a frustrated Nigerian. I believe, Babaowen wants the best for this country just like us. He is a government critic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:12am On Nov 07, 2021
jpphilips:

A disturbed Ethiopia wont pose significant threat for Nigeria, Tigray guys are not terrorists but anti government rebels unlike Libya that was a beehive of Alqaeda, Daesh & other Takfiri fighters.
Mali's Anzawad insurgency mirrowed Libya's situation more.

If the Tigray guys succeed (very unlikely) they will form a government that will keep Ethiopia stable, already, US has warned they shouldn't invade Addis Ababa but remain within their disputed territory, Abiy Ahmed is already talking to Turkey & other coalition partners, if fruitful, will replay Russia's assistance to Assad as FSA inched closer to Damascus.

The refugee crisis will overwhelm Eritrea, Djibouti and perhaps Kenya, they surely not coming west, perhaps south or accross the Gulf of Aden.
Nigeria needs not worry about that.

You're correct to an extent. I used to believe that, the Tigray wants control of the entire Ethiopian state. In that case, a Tigray government would breed instability. Even if Tigray only wants a region out of Ethiopia, it is a problem. Tigray would turn out to be a poor, landlocked country, which would be a breeding ground for rebels and terrorists. My point is, even if Tigray leaves Ethiopia, the both states would be greatly unstable.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:23am On Nov 07, 2021
Ethiopian Airforce SU 27s
#Addis Ababa
��

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:24am On Nov 07, 2021
That's a big Turret for a tank. In fact, the Turret is larger than the T 72 Hull. Any idea bout the ID of this beast?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Coolliot: 9:36am On Nov 07, 2021
Stormtrooper11:
That's a big Turret for a tank. In fact, the Turret is larger than the T 72 Hull. Any idea bout the ID of this beast?

Leopard 2a 7+

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:40am On Nov 07, 2021
Coolliot:

Leopard 2a 7+

smiley correct. Manage this one for airtime,Sir.

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 12:50pm On Nov 07, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 12:53pm On Nov 07, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Zimbabwe Naira grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 1:21pm On Nov 07, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

grin grin grin grin

Wetin be dis?

Full 10 Billion na em you dash person? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
tutudesz:

Zimbabwe Naira grin

grin grin grin grin

10 Billion Zimbabwe Naira.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ArabicBerber(m): 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2021
That's wierd.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Coolliot: 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Lol, some of us do actually know about defense matters, but some people won't let people that know talk, some people would rather want to pass imagination as reality and force it down people's throat.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 4:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
RiceProducers:

See how useless the SU25s and SU27s are?. I stopped arguing these issues because I found some people were just stuck on some old doctrines of warfare and the 'durability' of soviet equipment. Some guys would even have called the Ethiopian Airforce stronger than Nigeria's because of SU27s.

Hello Ethiopia, sensors are everything. Buy ISR gear. Look for supply lines to the rebels and bomb them. Use special forces creatively.
Converting information from as many sensors as possible into a broad picture of the battle space is the only way to do modern warfare.
You would be able to dodge the flanking moves and the feints. See where the enemy is hiding and determine what his objectives really are.

People in glass houses should not throw stones.

You don't win wars solely with your air force. But you can wiin a war without an Air force. Just like you don't claim and control territory, just with your air force.

Boko ,ISWAP , Bandits are hit and run characterised insurgents relying on gorilla tactics. They are fluid and don't have permanent locations.

The Tigray have clear and defined by territory.And they are not doing hit and run. They are seizing territory and and are about to enter the capital of Addis Ababa and seize it.

They have conventional heavy weaponry and have seized thousands of Ethiopian army prisoners of war.

Boko haram, ISWAP, Bandits, etc have light weaponry and we are STRUGGLING can't even say we are winning.

The Ethiopian army has over 400 T72 tanks and over 2000 HUMVEES. Do you think under the circumstances the NA would have done much better.

I DO NOT .

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 4:12pm On Nov 07, 2021
Coolliot:

Lol, some of us do actually know about defense matters, but some people won't let people that know talk, some people would rather want to pass imagination as reality and force it down people's throat.

Agreed without question
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

Looks like a Leopard MK2 at a glance , probably best tank in the world outside of the Abrams M1

Originally made in Germany.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 6:07pm On Nov 07, 2021
komekn:

You don't win wars solely with your air force. But you can wiin a war without an Air force. Just like you don't claim and control territory, just with your air force.

Boko ,ISWAP , Bandits are hit and run characterised insurgents relying on gorilla tactics. They are fluid and don't have permanent locations.

The Tigray have clear and defined by territory.And they are not doing hit by and run. They be are seizing territory and and are about to enter the capital of and seize it.

They have conventional heavy weaponry and have seized thousands of Ethiopian army prisoners of war.

Boko haram have light weaponry and we are STRUGGLING can't even say we are winning.

The Ethiopian army has over 400 T72 tanks and over 2000 HUMVEES. Do you think under the circumstances the NA would have done much better.

I DO NOT ,

Boko Haram would have long be decimated, if they were using conventional tactics, they tried that rubbish in 2014/15 and they paid dearly to it, till they switched back to the unfamiliar guerrilla warfare, that's what weaken them at first, if they were strictly conventional force, it would have been easier for Nigeria military to finish them once and for all.
Not this hiding, and hit and run tactics they are using now.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 7:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
komekn:

The Tigray have clear and defined by territory.And they are not doing hit by and run. They be are seizing territory and and are about to enter the capital of and seize it.

Boko haram have light weaponry and we are STRUGGLING can't even say we are winning.

I DO NOT ,

This is literally the dumbest thing I have seen this month

So you think iswap wants to continue with the ridiculous hit and run tactics?

So if you ask iswap leader if he wants to take Maiduguri he will answer

"No I just want to keep hitting and running forever"

17 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 7:47pm On Nov 07, 2021
slimthugchimee2:

Unimaginable foolish in Komekn's post.

It's ridiculous.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ArabicBerber(m): 8:13pm On Nov 07, 2021
slimthugchimee2:

ISWAP would love to take Maiduguri, Abuja etc but they can't thanks to the NAF there redused to being Lake Chad scavangers to make it through the day.

Al Shabaab would like to take Mogadishu but they can only control the underground thanks mostly to AMISOM.

Tigray rebels would enjoy taking Addis Ababa and they JUST MIGHT at this rate thanks to the suprising incompetency of the Ethiopian Armed Forces Chain of Command. I'm pretty sure the individual soldiers on the front are trying there best with what they got.

The Taliban have long dreamed of taking Kabul and they did!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 8:46pm On Nov 07, 2021
Roan77:

Boko Haram would have long be decimated, if they were using conventional tactics, they tried that rubbish in 2014/15 and they paid dearly to it, till they switched back to the unfamiliar guerrilla warfare, that's what weaken them at first, if they were strictly conventional force, it would have been easier for Nigeria military to finish them once and for all.
Not this hiding, and hit and run tactics they are using now.

You have moved away from the comparison proposition which was made between the Ethiopian armed forces and the Nigerian armed forces .

It's that comparison, I QUESTIONED. With the suggestion that the Nigerian armed forces would not be able to any better against the Tigray armed forces.

So what exactly is your point Considering what the core discussion is.❓❓

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 9:04pm On Nov 07, 2021
ArabicBerber:

ISWAP would love to take Maiduguri, Abuja etc but they can't thanks to the NAF there redused to being Lake Chad scavangers to make it through the day.

Al Shabaab would like to take Mogadishu but they can only control the underground thanks mostly to AMISOM.

Tigray rebels would enjoy taking Addis Ababa and they JUST MIGHT at this rate thanks to the suprising incompetency of the Ethiopian Armed Forces Chain of Command. I'm pretty sure the individual soldiers on the front are trying there best with what they got.

The Taliban have long dreamed of taking Kabul and they did!

Objectivity requires that you have a non partisan approach to your analysis and be devoid of sentiment and emotive based preference.

You have described the Ethiopian Armed forces as. "SURPRISING INCOMPETENCE"

Someone even mocked the Ethiopian air forces implying they cant even maintain sophisticated SU27 they have. Again emotive prejudiced based assumptions .

If you like try a balance score card approach and look at the Nigerian armed forces.

Do you know how the Nigerian armed forces are viewed both regionally and internationally in general

Don't just have a self birthed conceited Nigerian based parochial view.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MAN1960ii: 9:44pm On Nov 07, 2021
komekn:

Objectivity requires that you have a non partisan approach to your analysis and be devoid of sentiment and emotive based preference.

You have described the Ethiopian Armed forces as. "SURPRISING INCOMPETENCE"

Someone even mocked the Ethiopian air forces implying they cant even maintain sophisticated SU27 they have. Again emotive prejudiced based assumptions .

If you like try a balance score card approach and look at the Nigerian armed forces.

Do you know how the Nigerian armed forces are viewed both regionally and internationally in general

Don't just have a self birthed conceited Nigerian based parochial view.

Please which country are you from?
And how is the Nigeria armed forces are being viewed outside Nigeria.

The truth must be told the Ethiopian armed forces lacks the finance and capacity to fight such war. The Ethiopian Government has shown how week it's forces are. And can you show any evidence that the Ethiopian airforce is still competent because I know those su27 are no longer air worthy.

You mentioned the Arsenal of the Ethiopian armed forces and said if Nigeria would have performed better, my answer to that question is go ask Charles Taylor and you will understand that the Nigerian army strives and are successful against such conversational enemy

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.