Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2075) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3031827 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) (2077) (2078) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2021
Xbee007:
This Twitter post along with the image reminds me of a joker on this thread.

I am very wary of these self-proclaimmed "intelligence" folks. 99.9999% of them are liars and embellish stories to suit their taste.

And how did you know it was a fake news?

Why do you visit and read news from his handle if you don't believe in his reports?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2021
Geronimoe:

How do you make the naira stronger against the dollar? And again, what has changed in current fiscal policy as against former policies? Please kindly explain.

Fiscal policy hmmm

Fiscal policy is essentially about governments management and strategy of taxation and spending.

It's part of economic policy but isn't a determinant of national currency exchange rates.

You really want to make reference to Monetary policy and central bank activities that are directed toward influencing the quantity of money and credit available in an economy.

I don't think this is the place for that .

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 13, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

I hope this wouldn’t not cause a bad blood between Marghi people and Kanuri’s
Why do you say so?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:15pm On Nov 13, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Why do you say so?

Askira Uba are not Kanuri’s. It’s more of a Christian dominated area of Borno. They are vehemently against anything BH.

Previously BH barely attack their towns because of very low support there. It’s a boundary area between Borno and Adamawa. They are majorly Marghi people with names like Mshelia, Mamza, Gadzama, etc.

Well let’s see how it plays out

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Gireiboy(m): 2:57pm On Nov 13, 2021
Lurker4Long:

11 hours.
I asked because i saw someone say their is no cities in Africa, where air traveling hours is more than 9 hours.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 13, 2021
komekn:

Fiscal policy hmmm

Fiscal policy is essentially about governments management and strategy of taxation and spending.

It's part of economic policy but isn't a determinant of national currency exchange rates.

You really want to make reference to Monetary policy and central bank activities that are directed toward influencing the quantity of money and credit available in an economy.

I don't think this is the place for that .
You can't be a mono economy - in this case crude, a volatile product, with no value addition, import dependent of even the most basic of needs and expect a strong currency.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 3:31pm On Nov 13, 2021
Gireiboy:

I asked because i saw someone say their is no cities in Africa, where air traveling hours is more than 9 hours.
For someone making aviation products, the absolute twaddle the guy spoke was just embarrassing.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 3:46pm On Nov 13, 2021
A graph showing the continued decline of piracy in Nigeria and West Africa overall thanks to the Gallant Nigerian Navy with the help of its allies. It's great to see that crime is declining by the year as the Federal Republic advances in power.

Nigeria records 76.5 per cent decline on ships attacks in nine months.

According to the latest IMB statistics, reported incidents are down to their lowest level in decades, but violence against seafarers has continued with 51 crew kidnapped, eight taken hostage, five threatened, three injured, two assaulted and one killed.

IMB’s latest global piracy report recorded 97 incidents of piracy and armed robbery for the first nine months of 2021 – the lowest level of reported incidents since 1994.

[url] https://guardian.ng/business-services/maritime/nigeria-records-76-5-per-cent-decline-on-ships-attacks-in-nine-months/ [/url]

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 3:58pm On Nov 13, 2021
Xbee007:
This Twitter post along with the image reminds me of a joker on this thread.

I am very wary of these self-proclaimmed "intelligence" folks. 99.9999% of them are liars and embellish stories to suit their taste.

The picture is an illustrative picture na

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 3:58pm On Nov 13, 2021
Toju200:
aside the false image the Airstrike is true boss

Is the new leader confirmed dead?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Gireiboy(m): 4:07pm On Nov 13, 2021
Lurker4Long:

For someone making aviation products, the absolute twaddle the guy spoke was just embarrassing.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by shadowprimezero: 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Askira Uba are not Kanuri’s. It’s more of a Christian dominated area of Borno. They are vehemently against anything BH.

Previously BH barely attack their towns because of very low support there. It’s a boundary area between Borno and Adamawa. They are majorly Marghi people with names like Mshelia, Mamza, Gadzama, etc.

Well let’s see how it plays out

I think its extremely naîve of you to assume that the failure or success of an ISWAP attack on a civilian population is determined by the predominant faith of said settlement or whether they get support or not. This is a group that overruns whole military positions and cuts off highways. It doesn't care whether you support it or not, whether you're Christian or a Muslim, it will get its way through force of arms as it has done so in the past.

The rare attacks in Askira Uba is primarily due to its position is Southern Borno. Its far away from ISWAP/JAS core in Sambisa and L/T'Chad. Attacks deep into Southern Borno require the non state actors to travel far under strained logistics and under the risk of NA and NAF attacks. The risks are typically too much to justify a long ranged attack. Its just as simple as that.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by WoeBetide666: 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2021
shadowprimezero:

I think its extremely naîve of you to assume that the failure or success of an ISWAP attack on a civilian population is determined by the predominant faith of said settlement or whether they get support or not. This is a group that overruns whole military positions and cuts off highways. It doesn't care whether you support it or not, whether you're Christian or a Muslim, it will get its way through force of arms as it has done so in the past.

The rare attacks in Askira Uba is primarily due to its position is Southern Borno. Its far away from ISWAP/JAS core in Sambisa and L/T'Chad. Attacks deep into Southern Borno require the non state actors to travel far under strained logistics and under the risk of NA and NAF attacks. The risks are typically too much to justify a long ranged attack. Its just as simple as that.

And the guy talk say ein dey military smh
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by PROVERBZ(m): 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2021
shadowprimezero:

Isis would not excel in the south east because there are not manying faithful followers willing to join them but ipob would. The man is right.

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2021
NEWSBREAKING: Brig General, others killed as battle between military, ISWAP continues in Borno

Published

on

November 13, 2021

By

Ochogwu Sunday

A Brigadier-General of the Nigerian Army has been reportedly shot dead as the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) ambushed him and other personnel in Bulguma, a few kilometers from Askira town in Askira Uba Local Government Area of Borno State.

It was learnt that the General, who is yet to be identified, was alongside other soldiers attacked by the terrorist group while they were on their way to Askira Uba town where the military and the ISWAP were exchanging gunfire.

According to reports, troops of 28 Task Force Brigade, Chibok, had mobilised to provide reinforcement in the area following the attack.

DAILY POST had reported that hundreds of residents of Askira Uba town, on Saturday fled to mountains and nearby villages following an attack by ISWAP fighters.

More to follow…..

https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/13/brig-general-others-killed-as-battle-between-military-iswap-continues-in-borno/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by shadowprimezero: 5:12pm On Nov 13, 2021
PROVERBZ:
Isis would not excel in the south east because there are not manying faithful followers willing to join them but ipob would. The man is right.

This would have been a valid argument 10-12 yrs ago during the infancy of BH but when an insurgent force fully establishes itself in a support zone, it typically has no issues expanding its influence militarily in areas that have zero ideological similarities with them.

When ISIS started gathering strength in Syria, it achieved enough militarily strength that it was able to project its power to Shiite, Kurdish, Ba'athist, Yazidi and deeply tribal areas that had zero ideological similarities with the group across the Levant in Syria and Iraq. At a point, different ideologies and ethnic identities mean nothing to the the guy with the bigger guns.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RiceProducers: 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2021
WoeBetide666:

And the guy talk say ein dey military smh

This your language is typical bloody civillian. Full of ignorance and lots of talk, talk.

Anyway some of us have written in the past about how masses of insurgents could move to their objectives over days and weeks by mingling with civillian populations and also via sheer human endurance through bushes and forests. The guntrucks are the only things that need to have been pre positioned or driven in at night.
So again, more UAVs are required and more civillian informants need to be recruited

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 5:38pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iswap new commander appoint last week is dead . He died yesterday from airstrike from the Naf. Iswap sf Commander is dead cheif judge of iswap is dead and over 10new iswap Commander is dead. I have been in brono since last week that is why I am not too frequent. The brigade general is not dead but wounded seriously I have full Intel . Iswap is launching a revenge attack on military formation. Military should reinforce they defence perimeter. I propose to make drone for the military (already working on the drone) for surveillance. Thanks they did not overrun any formation.modified the Commander is dead. Major general my friend is dead may Allah give him eternal peace

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by willybaby(m): 5:42pm On Nov 13, 2021
there was a time i was always exicted while coming online just because of this thread, but lately its been all trash updates i get, politics, tribalism, hatred, has taken over i miss when i learnt daily and viewed action packed pictures

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 5:45pm On Nov 13, 2021
RiceProducers:

This your language is typical bloody civillian. Full of ignorance and lots of talk, talk.

Anyway some of us have written in the past about how masses of insurgents could move to their objectives over days and weeks by mingling with civillian populations and also via sheer human endurance through bushes and forests. The guntrucks are the only things that need to have been pre positioned or driven in at night.
So again, more UAVs are required and more civillian informants need to be recruited

As they say, the best form of Intelligence is HUMINT
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:47pm On Nov 13, 2021
Thank God you modified your post JOSCOFELIX
The ISWAP guys are becoming really desperate.
My kudos goes to NAF,Airstrike's been on since this week even as at yesterday(Air Interdiction)
Nov/Dec will be bloody
The NA shouldn't be caught of guard

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:55pm On Nov 13, 2021
shadowprimezero:

I don’t have much to say on this .

No be everything self I suppose Dey cap here lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
Iswap new commander appoint last week is dead . He died yesterday from airstrike from the Naf. Iswap sf Commander is dead cheif judge of iswap is dead and over 10new iswap Commander is dead. I have been in brono since last week that is why I am not too frequent. The brigade general is not dead but wounded seriously I have full Intel . Iswap is launching a revenge attack on military formation. Military should reinforce they defence perimeter. I propose to make drone for the military (already working on the drone) for surveillance. Thanks they did not overrun any formation.modified the Commander is dead. Major general my friend is dead may Allah give eternal peace

Nigerian army already released a statement confirming the death of Brigadier General Dzarma Zirkusu.

Surveillance drones will help in early detection of terrorist and for situational awareness, it will not stop the terrorist from overrunning military bases, only stronger fortifications and base defenses will.
An earlier article posted on this forum on the attack on Askira uba quoting a CJTF personnel asking for help because the base only had 9 guntrucks as against the terrorist 16 guntrucks showed the army is still not fully committed to this war. Troops behind heavy concrete structures, ditches and barriers armed with anti-material riffles, mortars, recoiless riffles and even grenade launchers with mines and claymores to prevent attacks from their flanks and rear can comfortably take out most of the enemies guntrucks. But they just leave troops on open fields with only ditches as defense and very few guntrucks/armored vehicles and expect the troops not to be quickly swarmed from multiple directions.

Recently learnt from Beegeagles that when Gwoza town fell, the battalion protecting it had only one panhard VBL and an Otokar cobra APC to defend the whole town, nothing else apart from the small arms with the troops. And we expect better results.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 5:58pm On Nov 13, 2021
May the souls of our brave men rest in peace

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2021
Toju200:
Thank God you modified your post JOSCOFELIX
The ISWAP guys are becoming really desperate.
My kudos goes to NAF,Airstrike's been on since this week even as at yesterday(Air Interdiction)
Nov/Dec will be bloody
The NA shouldn't be caught of guard
they attack five formation before heading to the that town they attack 123sf but they gave them serious blow. The attack another formation close to maidguri but the face a serious blow the wanted to attack sf unit marte but they were repelled before heading to that town because it was small but the solider refuse to withdraw . Two thank 12guntruck 2drangon and 10 guntruck 1 was destroy few hour ago. The operation is still on sf unit have been sent. It was a revenge mission 13 new iswap commander all dead. Mi 35 are all over borono .super tauco on. Bri-gen was a good man and friend

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2021
I repeat. The Nigeria Army should begin its massive operation.

This is November in the Northeast. Massive operation, Intelligence and support from NAF.

My Organisation don pull out staff abandon me here cry

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by willybaby(m): 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2021
Whyem15:

Nigerian army already released a statement confirming the death of Brigadier General Dzarma Zirkusu.

Surveillance drones will help in early detection of terrorist and for situational awareness, it will not stop the terrorist from overrunning military bases, only stronger fortifications and base defenses will.
An earlier article posted on this forum on the attack on Askira uba quoting a CJTF personnel asking for help because the base only had 9 guntrucks as against the terrorist 16 guntrucks showed the army is still not fully committed to this war. Troops behind heavy concrete structures, ditches and barriers armed with anti-material riffles, mortars, recoiless riffles and even grenade launchers can comfortably take out most of the enemies guntrucks. But they just leave troops on open fields with only ditches as defense and very few guntrucks/armored vehicles and expect the troops not to be quickly swarmed from multiple directions.
God bless you.... My neighbour recently retired 10year before due time and these poor conditions you listed are among reasons he gave for his early retirement.. How the army turned his love, youthful zeal and dedication into hate by telling it's men and women daily with its actions whether knowingly or not we don't give a Bleep about you...

IF A BASE AIN'T WELL PROTECTED AND DEFENDED THEN IT HAS NO REASON TO EXIST

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by willybaby(m): 6:15pm On Nov 13, 2021
youghs:
May the souls of our brave men rest in peace
AMEN..
God strengthen there families

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:15pm On Nov 13, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
they attack five formation before heading to the that town they attack 123sf but they gave them serious blow. The attack another formation close to maidguri but the face a serious blow the wanted to attack sf unit marte but they were repelled before heading to that town because it was small but the solider refuse to withdraw . Two thank 12guntruck 2drangon and 10 guntruck 1 was destroy few hour ago. The operation is still on sf unit have been sent. It was a revenge mission 13 new iswap commander all dead. Mi 35 are all over borono .super tauco on. Bri-gen was a good man and friend

Bro this reports is confusing. The same BH that attacked Marte and Maiduguri can’t move to Askira on the same day.

BH has deployed massively to several locations recently. In my location previously farmers can go almost 12 km inside the bush. But over a month ago farmers can’t go 5km inside the bush.

Like I will always say on this thread the Army should roll out cool

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:18pm On Nov 13, 2021
May the souls of our Gallant men Rest In Peace.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:18pm On Nov 13, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:
I repeat. The Nigeria Army should begin its massive operation.

This is November in the Northeast. Massive operation, Intelligence and support from NAF.

My Organisation don pull out staff abandon me here cry

It is far better that they take all the time in the world to prepare for their offensive than to rush things and end up with same results as previous years or even worse, in fact if it will help to suspend this season's offensive to allow for the delivery of platforms they've purchased and to further strengthen their offensive, they should.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 6:19pm On Nov 13, 2021
Whyem15:

An earlier article posted on this forum on the attack on Askira uba quoting a CJTF personnel asking for help because the base only had 9 guntrucks as against the terrorist 16 guntrucks showed the army is still not fully committed to this war. Troops behind heavy concrete structures, ditches and barriers armed with anti-material riffles, mortars, recoiless riffles and even grenade launchers can comfortably take out most of the enemies guntrucks. But they just leave troops on open fields with only ditches as defense and very few guntrucks/armored vehicles and expect the troops not to be quickly swarmed from multiple directions.
that town is a very low level threat area. It is very hard before hearing of attack in that town ask Uncle Sam and any other solider is brono. If the solider can fight for four hour with withdrawing I give them kudos. The came up to 20guntruck . They attack 4formation before attack that town that town is very low threat area. I appreciate the military I know the gravity of what iswap plan was brought to nothing. Iswap 23caanon was capture., the drone will have the ability to shoot 8 miniature missile using Pike design

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) (2077) (2078) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.