Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3027226 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2115) (2116) (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MAN1960ii: 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2022
Torture2020:
You are talking rubbish. Must everything be about Nigeria?
What do you mean Ghana's leadership of ECOWAS under President Nana Akuffo Addo is weak? what kind of nonsense talk is that?

Tell me. what will Nigeria have done if it was chair of ecowas? send nigerian troops to Guinea, Mali and Burkina Faso? Is Ecowas Akuffo Addo's personal property? Ecowas is a voluntary union of countries. Decisions are taken by consensus. The chairman of ecowas does not take decisions and impose it on member countries. Decisions are reached by consensus. every country has one vote. whatever majority countries decide, the chairman will implement.

Ghana lacks the diplomatic finesse, weight, financial and military muscle to make anyone in Mali, Guinea or Burkina Faso pay attention?

You forgot that Ghana led the Ecomog forces that first landed in Monrovia in 1990? Today, nobody even talks about Ghana's contributions in ecowas. it is all about nigeria nigeria nigeria. The same nigeria that undermined Ghanaian Ecomog Force Commander General Quaynor. I was part of the ecomog troops that first landed at the Free port in Monrovia. Immediately the landing was successful, nigeria started scheming to take over from the Ghanaian General. And later they turned around to accuse General Quaynor of being weak. Damn hipocrites.

Nigeria is doing the same thing in Ecowas under Ghana's leadership. Nigeria is working tirelessly to undermine Ghana's leadership of Ecowas. I don't even know what or how countries benefit from this nonsense Ecowas. Left to me, Ghana should even pull out of Ecowas. It is a very useless organisation. Do you know how much Ghana spends on Ecowas? And yet you Nigerians don't even appreciate Ghana's contributions. This is soo annoying.

Let me ask you one question. huh? Is anyone stopping Nigeria from becoming chairman of Ecowas? As a Ghanaian, I will be happy if Ghana is NOT chairman of Ecowas. In fact, I will be happier if Ghana is NOT a member of Ecowas because it is a very useless organisation.

Your president often doesn't even attend ecowas summits in accra. he only attends when it is hosted in Abuja and yet the same man will be junketing all over the world.

You nigerians can take ecowas and shove it up your asses

[s][/s]

I feel so much anger in you sir, but I want to ask a question why did Ghana pull back it's troops from Liberia when it was getting hot, leading to the killing and capture of many nigerian troops?

The truth is that from that withdraw of troops made by Ghana it has shown signs of wickedness and has handed over leadership of ECOWAS to Nigeria, so in time of conflict or difficult times like what ECOWAS is currently experiencing, no country will take Ghana serious.

HISTORY CAN COME BACK AND HUNT YOU

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MAN1960ii: 3:12pm On Feb 03, 2022
NASENI to start ASSEMBLING INDONESIAN MADE MILITARY EQUIPMENTS..

The National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI) has commenced the manufacture of Armoured Personeel Carriers (APC),in order to curb insecurity in the country.

The agency will also be fabricating Mine- Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles (MRAP) for the military.

Executive Vice Chairman/Chief Executive (EVC/CE) NASENI, Prof. Mohammed Haruna said the agency engineers will be collaborating with the Nigerian Machine Tools Limited Osogbo in the manufacturing.

He explained that they intend to start by assembling the technology and then proceeded to replacing the parts by producing local components.

Haruna said this yesterday in Abuja while receiving a delegation of the Chief of Transformation and Innovation of the Nigerian Army, Maj. Gen Charles Ofoche and a delegation from the University of Abuja, led by its Vice Chancellor Prof. AbdulRasheed Na’Allah.

He said, “The Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) and the Mine- Resistant Ambuse Protected Vehicles (MRAP). We are doing the technology to domesticate and be able to produce it locally in Nigeria. The good thing is that our engineers can produce it and we are collaborating with the private sector, the Nigerian Machine Tools Limited Osogbo.

“The process is long but how we try to make it easier is we start assembling and gradually start replacing the parts by producing local components, which is why it is done conventionally, we try to commence by bringing the complete knock-down (CKD) components, producing them and assembling locally and God willing you will see the first version this year.”

In his response Maj. Gen Charles Ofoche said the essence of the collaboration is to give protection to the fighting troops which is exactly what the Army seeks.

He added, “My department deals with Research and Development (R&D) which is important to the Nigerian Army because we can’t just be consumers of products, we can’t keep buying and when the technology goes out of fashion, we dump it and buy a new one. In the Army, we don’t just execute wars but ensure peace.”

Vice Chancellor, Uni. Prof. Na’Allah said the University signed an Memorandum of understanding (MOU) with NASENI in 2014 for the establishment of a centre for reverse engineering and innovation but the University did not explore the opportunity.

He said they intend to reintroduce the MOU for the establishment of the center which will be located within the University but managed by the collaborative efforts of NASENI and the institution.

Na’Allah said the focus of the center will be for the manufacturing of furnaces, energy and power equipment, miscellaneous components and manufacturing of devices and systems.

This military technology is from Indonesia, last week Indonesia embassador visited NASENI and discuss about assembly Indonesia made warplanes, APC and MRAPs and others.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Torture2020: 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2022
Rubbishly nonsense. can anyone take nigerians serious?

Ghana pulled its troops from Liberia? Were Ghanaian troops meant to stay in Liberia permanently? Do you even know why Ghana sent troops to Liberia? Let me educate you. Every country's number duty is to its citizens.

At the time Ghana sent troops to Liberia, Ghanaians in Liberia were trapped in that country. Western countries had evacuated all their citizens, leaving only Africans behind. The Ghana government (being a caring and responsible government) tried to evacuate Ghanaians but could not. It was then that it dawned on President Rawlings that the situation was more serious than he thought. and that was the only reason Ghanaian troops were sent to that country. after evacuating Ghanaians from Liberia, Ghana's mission was accomplished. Countries like Nigeria which were looking for glory were free to go ahead.

By the way, do you know how long Ghanaians troops were in Liberia? Thousands of Ghanaian troops were in Liberia and Sierra Leone for many years, supported and funded by the Ghana Government. Today, when you nigerian talk about ecomog it is as if only nigerian troops served in ecomog. bunch of hipocrites.

Is it the duty of Ghanaian troops to protect Nigerian soldiers?

history can come back and hunt who? You dey craze

[s]
MAN1960ii:

I feel so much anger in you sir, but I want to ask a question why did Ghana pull back it's troops from Liberia when it was getting hot, leading to the killing and capture of many nigerian troops?

The truth is that from that withdraw of troops made by Ghana it has shown signs of wickedness and has handed over leadership of ECOWAS to Nigeria, so in time of conflict or difficult times like what ECOWAS is currently experiencing, no country will take Ghana serious.

HISTORY CAN COME BACK AND HUNT YOU
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MAN1960ii: 3:24pm On Feb 03, 2022
Torture2020:

Ghana pulled its troops from Liberia? Were Ghanaian troops meant to stay in Liberia permanently? Do you even know why Ghana sent troops to Liberia? Let me educate you. Every country's number duty is to its citizens.

At the time Ghana sent troops to Liberia, Ghanaians in Liberia were trapped in that country. Western countries had evacuated all their citizens, leaving only Africans behind. The Ghana government (being a caring and responsible government) tried to evacuate Ghanaians but could not. It was then that it dawned on President Rawlings that the situation was more serious than he thought. and that was the only reason Ghanaian troops were sent to that country. after evacuating Ghanaians from Liberia, Ghana's mission was accomplished. Countries like Nigeria which were looking for glory were free to go ahead.

By the way, do you know how long Ghanaians troops were in Liberia? Thousands of Ghanaian troops were in Liberia and Sierra Leone for many years, supported and funded by the Ghana Government. Today, when you nigerian talk about ecomog it is as if only nigerian troops served in ecomog. bunch of hipocrites.

[s][/s]

You lie sir, please go back to the history book. Ghana deploy it's troops to Liberia under ECOMOG in the intent to intervene and bring peace to the troubled nation, Ghana was the one that came up with the idea and letter saw how insane and dangerous the conflict is and decided to run away using the Nigerian airforc bombing of free town as an excuse to withdraw it's forces, saying that Ghana did not come for violence but for peaceful negotiation. And most times I wonder why there went there with guns in the first place.

If you were really involved in the war as you said you would have known this by now.

Military wise Ghana have nothing to offer in Liberia

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Torture2020: 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2022
every time I look at what Nigeria has become, I thank God. You know why? I really don't know if God put sense into the heads of Nigerians or perhaps saw dust or sand that he put inside the heads of these people called Nigerians.

Look at the poverty level in your country. This is a country that produces 2 million barrels of crude oil daily, plus trillions of gas. the poverty capital of the world. For God's sake, yo can't even produce ordinary electricity for your impoverished people. Look around you. Kidnapping has become the number one industry in that shiithole.

Today, every Nigerian is running away from that zoo because the country has become useless to itself and its citizens. Come to Ghana and see. Nigerians are all over the place, as if some masquerade is chasing them from their country. Nigerians are everywhere, in the smallest villages in Ghana. They are every where.

By the way, how many Nigerians are gainfully employed i that shiithole, outside robers, kidnappers and pr0stitutes? 15 million nigerian children are out of school as we speak, while children in Ghana are getting free education, free uniform and free food.

Ordinary boko haram, nigeria soldiers can't even fight. and you want to fight armies in other countries? nigeria don pafuka. the whole world is laughing at what nigeria has become today. poverty capital, kidnap capital, stvpidity capital.

As I said, you nigerian can have ecowas and shove up it up your smelly azzes. Th rest of west africa don't need ecowas. you are a bunch of arrogant, ill-informed bunch of fuelish mudder fuggerx. Nobody gives a fvck about nigeria. nigeria is big joke grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[s]
Covert1:

Don't get too emotional wasting time stroking mentions it does not inflate your ego one bit rather exposes your insecurities. National pride is a welcome thing but it should not becloud reality. A butterfly cannot be a bird.

Sorry to bust your bubble but it is not "nonsense talk" to say Ghana's leadership of ECOWAS is weak. It is self-evident for all to see. Other than your President's English grammar which appears more of liking to hear himself speak to remind everyone he was in England, there is no assertiveness to his leadership.

Nigeria is ECOWAS. "He that pays the piper dictates the tune". Nigeria doesn't need ECOWAS it is Ghana that does but yes ECOWAS is important for West Africa and for Nigeria from a geo-political perspective. Ghana has more relevance with ECOWAS than without it like your current leadership which puts it on the map. Nigeria however will remain relevant with or without ECOWAS. A manifest destiny.

The Nigerian president don't need to attend all meetings especially outside Abuja because his presence commands weight behind any issue under deliberation meaning expectations become very high. His presence sends signals one way or another. A democratic Nigerian President will not stoop low to sit with putschists except if necessary to compel them to vacate power. It's a steep in protocol. You have to understand Nigeria's history of military rule and dictatorships which is abhorred in Nigeria to comprehend that. A State Governor in Nigeria controls more budget than most of those Presidents attending meetings in Accra.

The Nigerian President not attending is an opportunity for President Nana Akufo-Addo to shine rather all he does is speak English. Nigeria cleverly don't want to stand in the way.

You should be grateful you have our Vice-President attending though prestigious with the paraphernalia given it by the presidency in Abuja is not actually worth much in Nigeria politically except for things like this or attending funerals, generally representing the President of Nigeria in not so strategic matters.

Have you seen a US president attending all NATO meetings. Not at all. In fact it's on record in the days of President Olusegun Obasanjo he stormed out of meetings with other ECOWAS leaders and they still differed to him. In fact they scurried to Abuja whenever he called an emergency meeting on any issue. They needed him not the other way round. President John Kuffour then was always in Abuja like an errand boy. He owed his presidency to Abuja. If it was not for Nigeria Jerry Rawlings of blessed memory "wasn't going to hand over".

In international relations nations are not equals. Nations are respected real or perceived to the degree of their national power output be it industrial, economic, cultural, human/natural resources and military prowess not for their languages. You are not seriously deluded to think Ghana commands any significant weight in any of those categories. Ghana is a fine country. A country Nigeria respects for its rich heritage and people. However it is too small a country to command any weight except to be used as a pun in the game of geo-political power play against Nigeria to massage the egos of the big powers and multinational corporations outside of Africa.

Lagos State alone is the economy of at least 35 African countries combined Ghana included. So there's just no way Ghana can compete. Nigeria does not undermine Ghana, never has and never will. Nigeria does not need Ghana to shine but it does need Ghana like any other country for its people and huge economy.

It is not necessary to speak about Ghana's command of ECOMOG. If you are a soldier you should know better and not be silly and petty about Nigeria taking over command. The Ghanaian command was simply incompetent. It had no air cover, it lacked the men, material and equipment to hold and to advance. It's a non-starter to argue. Be grateful to Nigeria.

[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Torture2020: 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2022
You are an edi0t. you don't even deserve a response from me

[s]
MAN1960ii:

You lie sir, please go back to the history book. Ghana deploy it's troops to Liberia under ECOMOG in the intent to intervene and bring peace to the troubled nation, Ghana was the one that came up with the idea and letter saw how insane and dangerous the conflict is and decided to run away using the Nigerian airforc bombing of free town as an excuse to withdraw it's forces, saying that Ghana did not come for violence but for peaceful negotiation. And most times I wonder why there went there with guns in the first place.

If you were really involved in the war as you said you would have known this by now.

Military wise Ghana have nothing to offer in Liberia
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MAN1960ii: 3:46pm On Feb 03, 2022
Torture2020:

[s][/s]

Here you also lied, Ghana did not send troops to Sierra Leone don't forget after Ghana's failure Nigeria had some glorious days which led to Charles Taylor negotiating with the UN, after some time Charles Taylor wanted to get back at it neighbor Sierra Leone who assisted Nigeria by providing an airport where the Nigerian airforc used as logistics airbase against the Liberia rebel warlord. So Charles send some of his fighter into Sierra Leone which formed another rebel warlord called corporal foday sankoh which Nigeria also made deployment to that country. It was not documented anywhere that Ghana who was afraid in Liberia independently sent troops to Sierra Leone. Even if they did it won't be up to hundred which would be under ECOMOG which Nigeria was at that time paying their salaries

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MAN1960ii: 4:13pm On Feb 03, 2022
Torture2020:
every time I look at what Nigeria has become, I thank God. You know why? I really don't know if God put sense into the heads of Nigerians or perhaps saw dust or sand that he put inside the heads of these people called Nigerians.

Look at the poverty level in your country. This is a country that produces 2 million barrels of crude oil daily, plus trillions of gas. the poverty capital of the world. For God's sake, yo can't even produce ordinary electricity for your impoverished people. Look around you. Kidnapping has become the number one industry in that shiithole.

Today, every Nigerian is running away from that zoo because the country has become useless to itself and its citizens. Come to Ghana and see. Nigerians are all over the place, as if some masquerade is chasing them from their country. Nigerians are everywhere, in the smallest villages in Ghana. They are every where.

By the way, how many Nigerians are gainfully employed i that shiithole, outside robers, kidnappers and pr0stitutes? 15 million nigerian children are out of school as we speak, while children in Ghana are getting free education, free uniform and free food.

Ordinary boko haram, nigeria soldiers can't even fight. and you want to fight armies in other countries? nigeria don pafuka. the whole world is laughing at what nigeria has become today. poverty capital, kidnap capital, stvpidity capital.

As I said, you nigerian can have ecowas and shove up it up your smelly azzes. Th rest of west africa don't need ecowas. you are a bunch of arrogant, ill-informed bunch of fuelish mudder fuggerx. Nobody gives a fvck about nigeria. nigeria is big joke grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[s][/s]

The whole of West Africa will experience this insecurity I assure you, insecurity is moving at an alarming rate from the Sahel region to other regions. Seven years ago if you tell an Burkina Faso citizen that one day there will be terrorist in his country he will say no it's not possible, we have seen peaceful states like Benin republic training it's forces how to fight terrorist we have even seen Ghana do the same. So don't worry sir it will surely show up in Ghana if the situation is not brought under control.

And you called them ordinary Boko Haram, just pray no be iswap or Boko Haram na show up for Ghana. Just imagine if Nigerian wants to invade Ghana how many months or years do you think the Ghanaian army can survive I don't even think it will be up to a year before Accra and the whole of Ghana fall. But this ordinary Boko Haram lasted for eleven years and still counting, you should be praying for your country sir.

ONLY GOD CAN SAVE GHANA WHEN THE TIME COMES

When the time really comes I'm sure the Ghanaian Government will beg Nigeria to come and open a permanent military base in Ghana.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Torture2020: 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2022
you are sick in the head. you see, that shiithole cant even feed itself. nigerians are starving and you are talking trash.
No wonder Nigeria is sinking faster and faster, like the titanic. Too many fuelish mudder fuggerx in that shithole grin Nigeria can't even feed itself grin it can't even fight ordinary boko haram and wants to "save" the rest of West AAfrica"? what shit are you smoking? it must be pawpaw leaves,huh?

Charity begins from home, huh? Nigeria today is a sick country in need of help. But shame won't allow you nigerian to admit that. so you have become a useless people in your own country. people cannot even travel freely. In fact, no one in that shiithole can sleep with their two eyes closed. kidnappers everywhere. poverty everywhere. stvpidity everywhere grin

how many hours of electricity do you get in that zoo? What is life expecatancy in Nigeria? grin even in ecomog, your thieving leaders were buying poor kits for your soldiers. nigerian soldiers were always envying Ghanaian soldiers in Ecomog. Do you know they were buying helmets meant for okada riders for your troops in Liberia? I am sure you never heard about it, huh? Is that a serious country? grin

boko haram is overrunning your military base and you are not even ashamed grin even the Ghana Boys Scouts can do bettter than these bunch of incompetent, clueless clowns calling themselves nigerian soldiers.

I know a lot about boko haram than you think, edi0t. If I tell you what I know about your country and boko hara you will just open your mouth. there is nothing special about them, except that nigerians troops are just clueless and incomptent bunch of mudder fuggerx
[s]
MAN1960ii:

The whole of West Africa will experience this insecurity I assure you, insecurity is moving at an alarming rate from the Sahel region to other regions. Seven years ago if you tell an Burkina Faso citizen that one day there will be terrorist in his country he will say no it's not possible, we have seen peaceful states like Benin republic training it's forces how to fight terrorist we have even seen Ghana do the same. So don't worry sir it will surely show up in Ghana if the situation is not brought under control.

And you called them ordinary Boko Haram, just pray no be iswap or Boko Haram na show up for Ghana. Just imagine if Nigerian wants to invade Ghana how many months or years do you think the Ghanaian army can survive I don't even think it will be up to a year before Accra and the whole of Ghana fall. But this ordinary Boko Haram lasted for eleven years and still counting, you should be praying for your country sir.

ONLY GOD CAN SAVE GHANA WHEN THE TIME COMES

When the time really comes I'm sure the Ghanaian Government will beg Nigeria to come and open a permanent military base in Ghana.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Torture2020: 4:43pm On Feb 03, 2022
You dey craze well well. Nigeria paid salaries of Ghana soldiers? can you post your evidence so the whole world will see it? You are just a fooolish liar. You better focus on nigeria and nigerians. what nigerians need is food, electricity, security and a future for their children and families.

Today, Nigerians don't have food, they don't have security, they don't have electricity. they don't even have a future for their children and their families. and you are here talking like a f00l? grin

MAN1960ii:

Here you also lied, Ghana did not send troops to Sierra Leone don't forget after Ghana's failure Nigeria had some glorious days which led to Charles Taylor negotiating with the UN, after some time Charles Taylor wanted to get back at it neighbor Sierra Leone who assisted Nigeria by providing an airport where the Nigerian airforc used as logistics airbase against the Liberia rebel warlord. So Charles send some of his fighter into Sierra Leone which formed another rebel warlord called corporal foday sankoh which Nigeria also made deployment to that country. It was not documented anywhere that Ghana who was afraid in Liberia independently sent troops to Sierra Leone. Even if they did it won't be up to hundred which would be under ECOMOG which Nigeria was at that time paying their salaries

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2022
Torture2020:
you are sick in the head. you see, that shiithole cant even feed itself. nigerians are starving and you are talking trash.
No wonder Nigeria is sinking faster and faster, like the titanic. Too many fuelish mudder fuggerx in that shithole grin Nigeria can't even feed itself grin it can't even fight ordinary boko haram and wants to "save" the rest of West AAfrica"? what shit are you smoking? it must be pawpaw leaves,huh?

Charity begins from home, huh? Nigeria today is a sick country in need of help. But shame won't allow you nigerian to admit that. so you have become a useless people in your own country. people cannot even travel freely. In fact, no one in that shiithole can sleep with their two eyes closed. kidnappers everywhere. poverty everywhere. stvpidity everywhere grin

how many hours of electricity do you get in that zoo? What is life expecatancy in Nigeria? grin even in ecomog, your thieving leaders were buying poor kits for your soldiers. nigerian soldiers were always envying Ghanaian soldiers in Ecomog. Do you know they were buying helmets meant for okada riders for your troops in Liberia? I am sure you never heard about it, huh? Is that a serious country? grin

boko haram is overrunning your military base and you are not even ashamed grin even the Ghana Boys Scouts can do bettter than these bunch of incompetent, clueless clowns calling themselves nigerian soldiers.

I know a lot about boko haram than you think, edi0t. If I tell you what I know about your country and boko hara you will just open your mouth. there is nothing special about them, except that nigerians troops are just clueless and incomptent bunch of mudder fuggerx
[s][/s]

my bro, you just came here to troll. enjoy your 20 seconds of fame.
You're in a lot of pain, Nigeria and Nigerians are most certainly not the cause of that pain. see a psychologist, my bro.

All this tantrums you're throwing, nobody even get time to follow you talk, Oya move along.

23 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 6:01pm On Feb 03, 2022
sad sad sad

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MAN1960ii: 8:30pm On Feb 03, 2022
lebuhsi:

my bro, you just came here to troll. enjoy your 20 seconds of fame.
You're in a lot of pain, Nigeria and Nigerians are most certainly not the cause of that pain. see a psychologist, my bro.

All this tantrums you're throwing, nobody even get time to follow you talk, Oya move along.

Na Truth you talk, anybody wey answer this man go just dey waste him time grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 8:53pm On Feb 03, 2022
undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:01pm On Feb 03, 2022
Few days ago, not too long, @Corvert1 was championing the cause of the Federal Republic of Nigeria getting militarily involved in Francophone West Africa. I remember vividly, a particular moniker said that, "Nigeria shouldn't waste it resources and troops on the Francophone Africans". These argument, i must say, was an insightful one. Turns out he was pretty right because, a "Ghanaian brother" showed up today and started discrediting all these achievements by men of valour.

We are all aware that ECOMOG was made up of different African Countries, but the Nigerians were the majority. I had an Uncle who fought in both Liberia and Sierra Leone. In his words, "Soldiers from Ghana and other west African countries were mostly cooks and drivers, non-combat staff. Nigeria did most of the fighting, Senegal tried too".

Nigeria spent over 2 billion dollars restoring peace in these countries. Nigeria lost nearly 5000 men in casualties. Nigeria provided Airsupport, funding, naval support and led from the front. You can't undermine Nigeria's involvement. You can't write west Africa's story without Nigeria coming on the top. West Africa owes Nigeria alot.

Note : I'm not undermining Ghana. We should speak with facts and truths.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:16pm On Feb 03, 2022
RBK-500 cluster munitions of the Nigerian Airforce. Didn't know we've these. Any idea if they're used in the North East theatre?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixSeven: 10:06pm On Feb 03, 2022
Stormtrooper11:
RBK-500 cluster munitions of the Nigerian Airforce. Didn't know we've these. Any idea if they're used in the North East theatre?

https://www.bellingcat.com/resources/how-tos/2016/02/03/thats-not-a-cluster-bomb-the-differences-between-ofab-250-270s-and-rbk-500s/

I think Nigeria signed a treaty not to use this type of ammunition anymore, and it seems that the RBK 500 is not a Cluster Bomb as some sources suggest.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 10:08pm On Feb 03, 2022
SuperSixSeven:

https://www.bellingcat.com/resources/how-tos/2016/02/03/thats-not-a-cluster-bomb-the-differences-between-ofab-250-270s-and-rbk-500s/

I think Nigeria signed a treaty not to use this type of ammunition anymore, and it seems that the RBK 500 is not a Cluster Bomb as some sources suggest.
I thought cluster bomb were banned Or is this another version
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/rbk-500.htm

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nemesis4you: 10:29pm On Feb 03, 2022
I don't think NAF used it ever

The risks of duds to own troops and civilians outweighs any advantage especially in own territory

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:22am On Feb 04, 2022
SuperSixSeven:

I heard about that kinda treaty but I'm not sure it was being implemented cos if it was implemented, the "2005" explosion in Lagos might had never happened.

The article is talking about the OFAB 250-270 not being a cluster bomb tho.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:25am On Feb 04, 2022
Nemesis4you:
I don't think NAF used it ever

The risks of duds to own troops and civilians outweighs any advantage especially in own territory

I had an educative, heated conversation with someone recently. He was telling me about the NAF using these specific munitions in Liberia and Sierra Leone but I doubted it because I felt the Alpha Jets couldn't launch these bombs.

Probably, we have never used it in our territory due to its repercussions.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 8:40am On Feb 04, 2022
Torture2020:

[s][/s]
be calming down bro

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 8:44am On Feb 04, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

I had an educative, heated conversation with someone recently. He was telling me about the NAF using these specific munitions in Liberia and Sierra Leone but I doubted it because I felt the Alpha Jets couldn't launch these bombs.

Probably, we have never used it in our territory due to its repercussions.

Watch from 3.06

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Na6ndtfBb0
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 8:49am On Feb 04, 2022
Was checking the pictures from exercise camp highland and noticed that Bofors 40mm antiaircaft autocannon and Oerlikon GDF 35mm twin cannon featured in the exercise. I wonder why the army has not used these platforms to defend important garrisoned towns in the northeast.

The Oerlikon GDF twin cannon has an effective range of 4000m and a rate of fire of 550 rounds per minute for each cannon.

The Bofors 40mm antiaircaft autocannon has a maximum range of 12,500m with a rate of fire between 240-330 rounds per minute.
Although these guns are primarily designed for air-defence, they can very easily be used to take out terrorists and their guntrucks.

The high explosive incendiary rounds can be used to take out guntrucks and armored vehicles while the AHEAD or ATOM round can be used for anti-personel purposes, releasing hundreds of heavy tungsten metal sub-projectiles that can take out multiple terrorist massed together.
It even gets better knowing that there has been several fire contol upgrades to these systems aimed at improving accuracy and range.

Placing a few units of this in such towns on an elevated platform that will allow a clear line of sight to a few kilometers outside of the town will serve to deter the terrorists from attacking such towns/bases.
The only problem is that it must not get into the hands of the terrorists, it will tilt the balance of power greatly and will further increase the insecurity in the region, low flying aircrafts will be at risk and air operations will have to be reduced or we will have to spend more to destroy these platforms immediately they get captured by the terrorists. A better way of avoiding them being captured is to arm the operating team with explosives to destroy the weapons if they have to retreat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSp7CipN1pw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8PZiCtuSqk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfv_VgGp_u4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykRjpdzgBXU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccOJm5bDnR0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DByK0cBcxlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcjtdz55U3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxkSpvC0svo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgdWNryUhr0

Using more of weapons like this will also reduce the use of armored vehicles and other AFVs for defensive purposes and increase the quantity of such vehicles available for offensive missions and patrols.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:18pm On Feb 04, 2022
R.I.P. HERO IBRAHIM MALIYA

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:19pm On Feb 04, 2022
MORE

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:22pm On Feb 04, 2022
COAS TOURS NORTH EAST THEATRE OF OPERATIONS ... Visits troops in Biu, Buratai

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt Gen Faruk Yahaya has commenced an operational tour of the North East(NE) Theatre of Operations, where troops are currently leading the onslaught against Boko Haram(BH) and Islamic State West Africa Province(ISWAP) terrorists. The COAS arrived Headquarters Theatre Command(TC) in Maiduguri, on 2 February 2022, where he was briefed by the Theatre Commander, Operation HADIN KAI (OPHK), Maj Gen Chris Musa on the current security situation in the theatre.

The COAS with his team later proceeded to Biu and Buratai towns, where he interacted with troops. In his address, the COAS lauded troops for their sacrifices and commitment in the ongoing fight against terrorism and insurgency. He charged them to be more vigilant and alert to their responsibilities, adding that with discipline and commitment, the war in the NE will be brought to an end. He reassured troops that administrative and operational challenges confronting their units will be given the desired attention.

While on the tour, the COAS paid homage to the Emir of Biu, His Royal Highness, Alhaji Mai Mustapha Umar, at his Palace. The Royal Father assured the COAS of the unflinching support and cooperation of his traditional council and the good people of Biu Emirate to the Nigerian Army(NA).

The Emir conveyed the appreciation of the Emirate to the COAS for the sacrifices and commitment displayed by troops in combating the insurgency in his domain. He urged the COAS and indeed the NA to remain resolute in discharging its constitutional responsibilities.

Speaking during the visit, the COAS stated that he was at the palace to pay homage and solicit the support of the traditional leader and his subjects in the ongoing counter insurgency operations. He averred that the cooperation and goodwill of the traditional institution and the citizenry are invaluable for meaningful and sustainable operational success.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
3 February 2022

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MAN1960ii: 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2022
Fynline:

Watch from 3.06

Nigerian airforce really used cluster bombs in Liberia
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:02pm On Feb 04, 2022
25 ISWAP TERRORISTS DROWN IN MARTE RIVER AS MILITARY BOMBARDMENTS KILL SCORES IN LAKE CHAD

No fewer than 25 terrorists fleeing airstrikes of the Nigerian military have drowned in a deep river located within the Marte axis of the Lake Chad axis in the North East.

PRNigeria gathered that military fighter jets, including Super Tucano belonging to the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) ‘aggressively’ raided camps of the Islamic State of West African Province (ISWAP) on Wednesday and Thursday in weeklong sustained aerial attacks.

An intelligence operative embedded in the local community confirmed that camps and warehouses serving as ISWAP insurgents’ ammunition and firearms were bombed by the aircraft.

“The military jets’ bombardments were simultaneously carried out at Bukar Mairam and Jubularam, Abbaganaram and Chikul gudu which resulted in the explosion of the warehouses, killing several terrorists.

“However, those who survived the blast at Bukar Mairam and Jubulram, fled and attempted to cross a river within the Lake Chad axis. It was in the process that about 25 of them got drowned ” he added.

He further told PRNigeria that recent air offensives by troops have impacted on ISWAP operational command, thwarting the group’s plans to carry out major attacks on military formations in the Northeast.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:07pm On Feb 04, 2022
Fynline:

Watch from 3.06

Damn, that was one heck of a war. Seems the Airforce used the Beluga BGL-66 cluster bombs here NOT the RBK-500.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Valkrie: 9:15pm On Feb 04, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

Damn, that was one heck of a war. Seems the Airforce used the Beluga BGL-66 cluster bombs here NOT the RBK-500.

That was when soldiers where soldiers...the war was a very brutal one and the Nigeria army put the fear of God into the mind of rebels and other enemies....!!!

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 11:16pm On Feb 04, 2022
So we hear the President flew to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for the AU Summit rather than to Ghana. Quite a snub to Accra. Gives you an idea of what Nigerian Presidents think of some of these little republics they often have to bail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To6_9NSWVzs

(1) (2) (3) ... (2115) (2116) (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.