Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3039119 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2113) (2114) (2115) (2116) (2117) (2118) (2119) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:26pm On Jan 29, 2022
Rich4god:

No wahala ...

Shame done catch me. You win.

But make I ask you one question.

During abacha so called dark ages and now, which of the time is the country safer.

Just an answer is what I need.
grin Bro, no be winning something na.

I wasn't grown up in Abacha time (and I don't think you were sef grin) but as a proper student of the history of my country there's no way I'd say the country was "safer" when the bad boy himself was on the throne.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Rich4god(m): 10:45pm On Jan 29, 2022
Odunayaw:

I wasn't grown up in Abacha time (and I don't think you were sef grin) but as a proper student of the history of my country there's no way I'd say the country was "safer" when the bad boy himself was on the throne.

You never grow up.... And you dey argue with people wey done grow up around that time.

SMH.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:16pm On Jan 29, 2022
Rich4god:

You never grow up.... And you dey argue with people wey done grow up around that time.

SMH.
Pele o. You're the only grown up in Nigeria. Ancient of days

Well, I have said it before that it is your opinion. It is not general.

Na the last thing I go talk on this matter be that

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Krak(m): 12:49am On Jan 30, 2022
Odunayaw:
Pele o. You're the only grown up in Nigeria. Ancient of days

Well, I have said it before that it is your opinion. It is not general.

Na the last thing I go talk on this matter be that

Bro don't stretch this issue. If you compare this period with Abacha times in terms of general security/insecurity, the Abacha times were very much safer than these times. I lived both Abacha and Babangida periods in Kaduna State and I can clearly compare and contrast this present period with that period.

QED

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 2:06am On Jan 30, 2022
And here i thought Odunayaw be old man lol, grin grin grin
I think i was in secondary school during Abacha and Babangida era.
But yea, We had so much discipline those days, and def i don't think we have this much insecurity or corruption, i think corruption has become so saturated now, back then not so much, we know who the thieves were.
As for security, Yes i believe Nigeria was much safer , compared to now.
I remember as a kid seeing cops doing their usual road blocks and hiding money they took from motorists under small rocks on the side of the road, soldiers arrived, found the money and make them do frog jump lol, this was shown live in the news, funny stuff

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:14am On Jan 30, 2022
UPDATE: Troops of 5 Brigade on fighting patrol to BHT/ISWAP enclave in Douro near Damasak in Borno State on Saturday 29 Jan 22 infiltrated the terrorists location. During the attack terrorists fled in disarray abandoning their guntrucks & weapons. Aggressive patrols are currently ongoing. More details later

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 10:14am On Jan 30, 2022
Rich4god:

No wahala ...

Shame done catch me. You win.

But make I ask you one question.

During abacha so called dark ages and now, which of the time is the country safer.

Just an answer is what I need.
I was in secondary school when he died
It wasn't as bad as we have it these days
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 10:17am On Jan 30, 2022
Krak:

Bro don't stretch this issue. If you compare this period with Abacha times in terms of general security/insecurity, the Abacha times were very much safer than these times. I lived both Abacha and Babangida periods in Kaduna State and I can clearly compare and contrast this present period with that period.

QED
Hmmm I was in Kaduna then too
FGCK...
Bros leave am let people continue playing ostrich, e go reach all man someday
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Rich4god(m): 10:37am On Jan 30, 2022
arantess:

FGCK...

No mind that guy .. am very sure he's a Buhari support and so he doesn't want to saw the truth that will tarnish the govt image.

Funny thing is, he claimed he's in Niger state, shey na for Niger bandits kidnap more than 100 people on Friday morning. Who them born well to do this shit under the abacha rule.

And as a military gov of a state, you don't have to be waiting for the central government to tell you what to do on how to handle insecurity as you will be the one commanding your troops.

Even tribalism wasn't much under abacha as it has been under the last two civilian govt tenure. Imagine the almighty Kano that is like the capital of Hausa/Muslim people was having an Igbo Christian as a gov and there was no complain, every one worked with him.

Buhari just came in, the first thing he did was to play the tribalistic card and some dumbhead were hailing him.

Like I said earlier, corruption wise, military regime might not be a saint, but interms of peace and security, the common man enjoys that in Nigeria and that's what the common man needs now.

In fact aside from Obj's tenure, majority of the infrastructural development that Nigeria have achieved were under the military rule.
Who you be say they give you money to execute contract and you just ate the money leaving the contract then you will appear in court and faint or court will now fine you 300k on top billions of dollars wey you embezzle....
Or you open your stinking mouth and claim that snake swallow money under military regime. Na firing squad you go face.

Shameless civilian govt.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:46am On Jan 30, 2022
Krak:

QED
The same time when armed robbers wanted to ruin our lives in Ibadan

grin if I spoke by looking at my immediate vicinity then I'd be saying the same thing

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:47am On Jan 30, 2022
Rich4god:

No mind that guy .. am very sure he's a Buhari support and so he doesn't want to saw the truth that will tarnish the govt image.
grin Just look you now

This is very silly

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:49am On Jan 30, 2022
Sizzorkay:
But yea, We had so much discipline those days, and def i don't think we have this much insecurity or corruption, i think corruption has become so saturated now, back then not so much, we know who the thieves were.
I remember as a kid seeing cops doing their usual road blocks and hiding money they took from motorists under small rocks on the side of the road, soldiers arrived, found the money and make them do frog jump lol, this was shown live in the news, funny stuff
Haba! grin
I've mentioned my age on the other thread before sef. I was a boy in the late 90s grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Rich4god(m): 11:59am On Jan 30, 2022
Odunayaw:
grin Just look you now

This is very silly

If not an APC miscreants, who in his right sense will say the country is relatively peaceful.

Abi is it until bomb start blowing up every day before you agree.

Do you know how many communities in NW that is under the control of bandits.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 12:05pm On Jan 30, 2022
Rich4god:

Funny thing is, he claimed he's in Niger state, shey na for Niger bandits kidnap more than 100 people on Friday morning. Who them born well to do this shit under the abacha rule.

And as a military gov of a state, you don't have to be waiting for the central government to tell you what to do on how to handle insecurity as you will be the one commanding your troops.

Even tribalism wasn't much under abacha as it has been under the last two civilian govt tenure. Imagine the almighty Kano that is like the capital of Hausa/Muslim people was having an Igbo Christian as a gov and there was no complain, every one worked with him.

Buhari just came in, the first thing he did was to play the tribalistic card and some dumbhead were hailing him.

Like I said earlier, corruption wise, military regime might not be a saint, but interms of peace and security, the common man enjoys that in Nigeria and that's what the common man needs now.

In fact aside from Obj's tenure, majority of the infrastructural development that Nigeria have achieved were under the military rule.
Who you be say they give you money to execute contract and you just ate the money leaving the contract then you will appear in court and faint or court will now fine you 300k on top billions of dollars wey you embezzle....
Or you open your stinking mouth and claim that snake swallow money under military regime. Na firing squad you go face.

Shameless civilian govt.
I dey tell you bro
Just impunity everywhere and like you said it's worse in civil dispensation...

Time will tell how this country will end up eventually..
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:11pm On Jan 30, 2022
Rich4god:

If not an APC miscreants, who in his right sense will say the country is relatively peaceful.

Abi is it until bomb start blowing up every day before you agree.

Do you know how many communities in NW that is under the control of bandits.
Na who do you this thing!

How does ability to travel safely concern bomb? If I don't think we have security challenge, what has my last 7yrs of commenting on our defense been about. Liking bidexii's post and retweeting on Twitter?

I only corrected you about the claims you made about traveling.
Simple "I may have exaggerated on my claim about not being able to travel safely in Nigeria but Nigeria is quite unsafe nonetheless"

Would that have killed you?

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Rich4god(m): 12:13pm On Jan 30, 2022
arantess:

I dey tell you bro
Just impunity everywhere and like you said it's worse in civil dispensation...

Time will tell how this country will end up eventually..

How can a sitting govt have it's territory under the control of bandits and terrorist, yet all its discussing of recent is how to conduct election, and it's campaign.

The govt should have been all over trying to clear this country of criminal elements and not discussing election.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by arantess: 12:41pm On Jan 30, 2022
Rich4god:

How can a sitting govt have it's territory under the control of bandits and terrorist, yet all its discussing of recent is how to conduct election, and it's campaign.

The govt should have been all over trying to clear this country of criminal elements and not discussing election.
Therein lies their interest - elections, power, money and more money....not the safety of electorates

I truly don't like politicians at all
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Krak(m): 12:48pm On Jan 30, 2022
Odunayaw:

grin if I spoke by looking at my immediate vicinity then I'd be saying the same thing

Bomb blasts, kidnappings and terrorism in general have now become commonplace in Nigeria today. Those days you hardly see policemen with guns, and you only see them with pistols when they use guns, except the then respected mobile police men who represented the police elite force then.

The kind of things that we see everyday today in Nigeria, we only see them then in other countries on CNN and when we watch American action movies.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Krak(m): 12:50pm On Jan 30, 2022
arantess:

FGCK...

I was in CAC, Sabon Tasha.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Rich4god(m): 12:59pm On Jan 30, 2022
Odunayaw:
Na who do you this thing!

How does ability to travel safely concern bomb? If I don't think we have security challenge, what has my last 7yrs of commenting on our defense been about. Liking bidexii's post and retweeting on Twitter?

I only corrected you about the claims you made about traveling.
Simple "I may have exaggerated on my claim about not being able to travel safely in Nigeria but Nigeria is quite unsafe nonetheless"

Would that have killed you?

You are just a joke. Almost 70% of our Federal highway have experienced kidnapping by bandits and yet you claim that am exaggerating.

Assuming the issue have been addressed, I would have understood your point.

Abj-Kad is risk, of recent, kad-zar have beginning to experience it's own kiddnaping.
Funtua road, same issue, Kat-gusau, gusau-sokoto are becoming a no go area now. Let me not even mention birnin gwari as that's a level on its own. Lag-ibadan same thing, abj-lokoja of recent is reducing. Okene road seem to be reducing too.

How then can you say am exaggerating.

People travel those road cos they don't have options. If they do, they won't even ply it.

Most big men that usually ply Kano to Sokoto route now have to fly to abj before connecting a flight to Sokoto

And you open your mouth to say am exaggerating.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Rich4god(m): 1:02pm On Jan 30, 2022
Krak:

Bomb blasts, kidnappings and terrorism in general have now become commonplace in Nigeria today. Those days you hardly see policemen with guns, and you only see them with pistols when they use guns, except the then respected mobile police men who represented the police elite force then.

The kind of things that we see everyday today in Nigeria, we only see them then in other countries on CNN and when we watch American action movies.

I don't know what that guy is trying to achieve hiding the truth. It's obvious he's a paid agent of this govt, who always mask the truth by saying that am exaggerating on security situation.

Every sensible Nigerian who have been in this country in the last 25years knows fully well that our country of today is technically a war zone.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Rich4god(m): 1:06pm On Jan 30, 2022
Odunayaw:

Oh... You think my statement spans from the perspective of my immediate vicinity.

Oya, tell me which region of this country have not experienced massive kidnapping on its highways.

Just tell me... One region of this country where such thing haven't taken place.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:02pm On Jan 30, 2022
Krak:

Wow. We have regressed niyen
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:05pm On Jan 30, 2022
Rich4god:

You are just a joke. Almost 70% of our Federal highway have experienced kidnapping by bandits and yet you claim that am exaggerating.

Assuming the issue have been addressed, I would have understood your point.

Abj-Kad is risk, of recent, kad-zar have beginning to experience it's own kiddnaping.
Funtua road, same issue, Kat-gusau, gusau-sokoto are becoming a no go area now. Let me not even mention birnin gwari as that's a level on its own. Lag-ibadan same thing, abj-lokoja of recent is reducing. Okene road seem to be reducing too.

How then can you say am exaggerating.

People travel those road cos they don't have options. If they do, they won't even ply it.

Most big men that usually ply Kano to Sokoto route now have to fly to abj before connecting a flight to Sokoto

And you open your mouth to say am exaggerating.

In the past 4 months lemme tell you the roads I have plied at least 4 times
Lagos-Ibadan
Ibadan-Ogbomoso-Ilorin
Ibadan-Minna
Lagos-Nasarawa
Nasarawa-Jos
Jos-Abuja
Minna-Kaduna
Minna-Abuja

There goes your "You can't travel anywhere safely" nonsense

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:07pm On Jan 30, 2022
Rich4god:

Oh... You think my statement spans from the perspective of my immediate vicinity.

Oya, tell me which region of this country have not experienced massive kidnapping on its highways.

Just tell me... One region of this country where such thing haven't taken place.
First tell me where's your immediate vicinity. Let us see if you're talking based on you being a Road Person or you're newspaper stand commentator

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:11pm On Jan 30, 2022
Rich4god:

I don't know what that guy is trying to achieve hiding the truth. It's obvious he's a paid agent of this govt, who always mask the truth by saying that am exaggerating on security situation.

Every sensible Nigerian who have been in this country in the last 25years knows fully well that our country of today is technically a war zone.
Here is your own excreta.

But just check out, currently one can't travel to the next state without been scared of kidnappers.

In your attempt to save face you're pulling lame shits like "Buhari supporter" "Paid govt agent". You're silly and you've proven you have a lame mind.

If you like quote every poster of this thread looking for "support"

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by hakimi1974(m): 3:38pm On Jan 30, 2022
Odunayaw:

I dare say it was more safer.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by hakimi1974(m): 3:49pm On Jan 30, 2022
Odunayaw:
Lagos-Ibadan
Ibadan-Ogbomoso-Ilorin
Ibadan-Minna
Lagos-Nasarawa
Nasarawa-Jos
Jos-Abuja
Minna-Kaduna
Minna-Abuja

please stop this nonsense. my respect for you is gradually going south.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 3:57pm On Jan 30, 2022
Sizzorkay:
What ??

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by hakimi1974(m): 4:04pm On Jan 30, 2022
Odunayaw:
Lagos-Ibadan
Ibadan-Ogbomoso-Ilorin
Ibadan-Minna
Lagos-Nasarawa
Nasarawa-Jos
Jos-Abuja
Minna-Kaduna
Minna-Abuja

I buy and sell cars, I am virtually on the road 24/7 those routes you mentioned are "safe". if I am on the road once it is 4pm, I go find the next and safe community and sleep there. These days you hardly get drivers to deliver customers vehicles to the far north everybody dey fear him head. even the dare devil one will charge you shege.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 4:20pm On Jan 30, 2022
No mind me, na your clever one liners dey make me think so grin grin

Odunayaw:
Haba! grin
I've mentioned my age on the other thread before sef. I was a boy in the late 90s grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 4:26pm On Jan 30, 2022
Even my parents in their 70's still dey go from Akure to Lagos regularly.
There's always insecurity where ever we live, fate is fate, it happens when it does, until then, enjoy the luck grin
Imagine a man who spent all his life in Afghanistan without being harmed, only to get killed by a stray bullet in Chicago, poor man was only there to see his daughter's family, she just gave birth. Yet we'd say America is safer, he died here within 48hrs of arrival.
That's life. Let's enjoy what's left of it
Odunayaw:
Lagos-Ibadan
Ibadan-Ogbomoso-Ilorin
Ibadan-Minna
Lagos-Nasarawa
Nasarawa-Jos
Jos-Abuja
Minna-Kaduna
Minna-Abuja

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2113) (2114) (2115) (2116) (2117) (2118) (2119) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.