Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,662 members, 7,862,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:38 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3075011 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2173) (2174) (2175) (2176) (2177) (2178) (2179) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

Who saw the MP5 copy? grin grin

cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 4:35pm On Oct 18, 2023
Faithful007:
Israel may not be best of friends with many countries of the world but in the current geopolitical climate, they have only three enemies:
Iran
Hamas
Hezbollah

They all have the same root. Shia extremism.

The complication comes in when these guys operate from multiple countries and make use of tribal and religious proxies.

Lol. I no go debate you because this is clearly not worth it. Someone comes to your region, says God promised them the land, takes it by force, kills you and keeps killing you and says you are a terrorist for daring to refuse giving your land and possessions to them for free. But you are here shouting Shia extremism. You can't see the direct route that goes from Israeli actions to groups like Hamas and Hezbollah that are created to oppose these same actions.
By the way, do me a favor and Google "Front for the Liberation of Lebanon from Foreigners".
And this is my last comment on this matter.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 4:36pm On Oct 18, 2023
bidexiii:

cool

People are saying that local guns are more deadly in that the bullet fragments more in human flesh. What's your take?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:08pm On Oct 18, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

People are saying that local guns are more deadly in that the bullet fragments more in human flesh. What's your take?

Yeah they're more fatal because of the metal balls/borris inside the cartridge.
They are not that precise and accurate but they do alot of damage to flesh.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 5:34pm On Oct 18, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

Lol. I no go debate you because this is clearly not worth it. Someone comes to your region, says God promised them the land, takes it by force, kills you and keeps killing you and says you are a terrorist for daring to refuse giving your land and possessions to them for free. But you are here shouting Shia extremism. You can't see the direct route that goes from Israeli actions to groups like Hamas and Hezbollah that are created to oppose these same actions.
By the way, do me a favor and Google "Front for the Liberation of Lebanon from Foreigners".
I googled what you asked me to but I don't see any relationship it has with what i'm saying. I don't even see any relationship with Hezbollah.

You know I have not even debated you on the matter you are raising. I'm only correcting the mistakes you are making due to some lacking knowledge on the Middle east. Mixing Syrian army up with Hamas, Hezbollah and other groups. Then mixing up Palestine with Hamas among a host of other things. Even when the PNA government existed before Hamas, is in opposition with Hamas and has totally different goals. I haven't even made an opinion on the Palestinian struggle for Statehood.

I'm refraining from making any comments on whether I think Israel is right or wrong because my aim is just to correct the wrong premises on which your arguments rest on.

It might interest you to know that Hamas existed as a neutral organization in Palestine long before it became a belligerent on the Israeli front. Hamas (As we know it today), Hezbollah and IRGC were directly born from the Islamic Revolution of 1979 when the Iranian monarchy was toppled by a theocractic religious conspiracy of Shia dominance in Mesopotamia, Arabian Peninsula and the Levant. I termed this "Shia extremism".

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 5:48pm On Oct 18, 2023
Faithful007:
I googled what you asked me to but I don't see any relationship it has with what i'm saying. I don't even see any relationship with Hezbollah.

You know I have not even debated you on the matter you are raising. I'm only correcting the mistakes you are making due to some lacking knowledge on the Middle east. Mixing Syrian army up with Hamas, Hezbollah and other groups. Then mixing up Palestine with Hamas among a host of other things. Even when the PNA government existed before Hamas, is in opposition with Hamas and has totally different goals. I haven't even made an opinion on the Palestinian struggle for Statehood.

I'm refraining from making any comments on whether I think Israel is right or wrong because my aim is just to correct the wrong premises on which your arguments rest on.

It might interest you to know that Hamas existed as a neutral organization in Palestine long before it became a belligerent on the Israeli front. Hamas (As we know it today), Hezbollah and IRGC were directly born from the Islamic Revolution of 1979 when the Iranian monarchy was toppled by a theocractic religious conspiracy of Shia dominance in Mesopotamia, Arabian Peninsula and the Levant. I termed this "Shia extremism".

lol
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 6:04pm On Oct 18, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

lol
Dont lol. Go and acquire more knowledge bruh.

What do you think made many Arab countries start to display a lot of nonchalance post 1980 towards the issue of Palestine, to the point that many are willing to normalize ties with Israel even when the issue of Palestine's statehood is still a long shot.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 7:57pm On Oct 18, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

Although I'm not in support of brutality on both sides and believe in a Two state solution for Israel and Palestine, with an acceptable solution on Jerusalem.

However what even makes you think Jews have no claim to the land? There is something known as indigenous people. People whose origin is traced to a particular land. Jews originated from Israel and have consistently occupied that land more than any other group of people. The Jews were forced out by the Roman empire and the land of Judea was renamed to Palestina. This is all documented history.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 8:17pm On Oct 18, 2023
Faithful007:

I promised not to comment, but I must and this will be my last attempt. On this my resolution is final.

The Iranian monarchy wasn't toppled by a Shia conspiracy or whatever you are saying. And to even say that is asinine to the nth degree.

The fact is that the CIA helped topple the last democratically elected government in Iran because that government was about to nationalize Iranian oil assets. The Shah the CIA helped install then became an American asset and was free to buy almost anything in the American arsenal, from Tomcats to Phoenixes. In fact, he often had access to weaponry that the American armed forces had yet to field.

But the Shah was deeply unpopular and repressive. Few shed tears when he was toppled in the Iranian revolution. Dunno where you are getting the whole Shia conspiracy from, because if the US had not shoved out the Iranian democratically elected leader, in all probability there would never have been an Iranian Islamic revolution, no Iran-Iraq war, no Iraqi invasion of Kuwait, no Gulf War 1 and 2, no ISIS and so much more. Imagine the many millions who could be alive right now if the US had left well alone.

And another thing, the Party of God was born from the Israeli invasion of Lebanon. Dunno where you got the stuff you are spouting. That particular invasion was by the way because the Israeli government held the PLO responsible for an attempt on the live of an Israeli ambassador, even though the attempt had been made by a group that was so hostile to the PLO that Arafat had long declared a death sentence on all its members. Israel used that assassination attempt to invade, till the Party of God chased them and their Moronite traitors out of Lebanon. But that has not stopped Israel from near daily violations of Lebanese airspace and I am very sure that If I dwell on that you will find another thing to excuse it away.

And as for the stuff I asked you to Google- it is about a group formed by Israel for the sole purpose of punishing Lebanon with car bombs. Why does that matter? Because you have been shouting Shia extremism here, whereas if I had the time and the motivation I could show you examples of when Israel has done every atrocity it has ever accused Hamas and Hezbollah of, from car bombings to the indiscriminate bombing of civilian areas and massacres, to the use of human shields. In fact, the only thing Israel has yet to do is suicide bombings, but then I am sure an "expert" like you would know that.

My advice is to lay off mushrooms/weed/Colorado and stop seeing Shia conspiracies in every corner and before you talk religious rubbish, I am an atheist, not a Shia extremist.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 8:18pm On Oct 18, 2023
Faithful007:
Although I'm not in support of brutality on both sides and believe in a Two state solution for Israel and Palestine, with an acceptable solution on Jerusalem.

However what even makes you think Jews have no claim to the land? There is something known as indigenous people. People whose origin is traced to a particular land. Jews originated from Israel and have consistently occupied that land more than any other group of people. The Jews were forced out by the Roman empire and the land of Judea was renamed to Palestina. This is all documented history.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2023
NIGERIAN ARMY INTENSIFY OPERATIONS ACROSS THEATRES... Neutralize Insurgents in Birnin Gwari

Troops of the Nigerian Army (NA) have continued to sustain the aggressive posture of ongoing operations to rid the nation of terrorism, insurgency and sundry crimes across the country.

In recent operations, troops of 2 Battalion acting on actionable intelligence on 17 October 2023 staged an ambush against marauding insurgents at Udowa general area in Birnin Gwari Local Government Area (LGA) of Kaduna State. During the operations, troops neutralized three insurgents in a fierce fire fight, while others escaped in disarray. Troops recovered from the fleeing insurgents, a bandolier containing 111 rounds of 7.62 mm ammunition, one AK 47 magazine, 2 motorcycles, one set of high frequency communication radio and 2 mobile phones. Sadly one soldier paid the supreme price during the encounter.

In another operation the same day, troops of 1 Brigade on a stop and search operation intercepted a suspected Ammunition courier in Birnin Magaji LGA of Zamfara State. A preliminary investigation revealed that the suspect was on a mission to deliver ammunition to a Bandit leader named Gishiri. The vigilant troops recovered a bag containing 224 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition, one mobile phone and the sum of four thousand naira (#4,000)only from the courier. The suspect is currently in custody undergoing further investigations.

In the North East theatre of operations, a notorious Boko Haram Terrorists (BHT) Commander, identified as Bulama Bukar has surrendered to troops of 5 Brigade in Gubio.The surrendered terrorist was the commander of the BHT Camp Tapkin Chad at Gilima village in Abadam LGA of Borno state. Items recovered from the surrendered terrorist include one AK 47 rifle, 5 magazines, 44 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition, one magazine carrier jacket, one knife, one motorcycle and the sum of twenty three thousand, five hundred naira (#23,500.00) only. The suspect is currently undergoing profiling sessions.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
18 October 2023

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:22pm On Oct 18, 2023
More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:51pm On Oct 18, 2023
Whenever I see ad-hominem attacks especially in a bid to make oneself look more knowledgeable I can't help but smh

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 9:29pm On Oct 18, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

I promised not to comment, but I must and this will be my last attempt. On this my resolution is final.

The Iranian monarchy wasn't toppled by a Shia conspiracy or whatever you are saying. And to even say that is asinine to the nth degree.

The fact is that the CIA helped topple the last democratically elected government in Iran because that government was about to nationalize Iranian oil assets. The Shah the CIA helped install then became an American asset and was free to buy almost anything in the American arsenal, from Tomcats to Phoenixes. In fact, he often had access to weaponry that the American armed forces had yet to field.

But the Shah was deeply unpopular and repressive. Few shed tears when he was toppled in the Iranian revolution. Dunno where you are getting the whole Shia conspiracy from, because if the US had not shoved out the Iranian democratically elected leader, in all probability there would never have been an Iranian Islamic revolution, no Iran-Iraq war, no Iraqi invasion of Kuwait, no Gulf War 1 and 2, no ISIS and so much more. Imagine the many millions who could be alive right now if the US had left well alone.

And another thing, the Party of God was born from the Israeli invasion of Lebanon. Dunno where you got the stuff you are spouting. That particular invasion was by the way because the Israeli government held the PLO responsible for an attempt on the live of an Israeli ambassador, even though the attempt had been made by a group that was so hostile to the PLO that Arafat had long declared a death sentence on all its members. Israel used that assassination attempt to invade, till the Party of God chased them and their Moronite traitors out of Lebanon. But that has not stopped Israel from near daily violations of Lebanese airspace and I am very sure that If I dwell on that you will find another thing to excuse it away.

And as for the stuff I asked you to Google- it is about a group formed by Israel for the sole purpose of punishing Lebanon with car bombs. Why does that matter? Because you have been shouting Shia extremism here, whereas if I had the time and the motivation I could show you examples of when Israel has done every atrocity it has ever accused Hamas and Hezbollah of, from car bombings to the indiscriminate bombing of civilian areas and massacres, to the use of human shields. In fact, the only thing Israel has yet to do is suicide bombings, but then I am sure an "expert" like you would know that.

My advice is to lay off mushrooms/weed/Colorado and stop seeing Shia conspiracies in every corner and before you talk religious rubbish, I am an atheist, not a Shia extremist.

Hezbollah was literally formed by Khomeini the same person who toppled the Iranian regime. Khomeni was an Islamic scholar and a Shia puritan who believed the Shia domination. Khomeini was like the Pope of the Shia world.

Whatever happened before it was formed doesn't negate the fact that the formation of Hamas, Hezbollah and IRGC have their roots from Khomeini and Shia extremism and not merely a political struggle as you want to see it. You can never separate religion from conflicts in the middle east. Worse still, when it involves Iranian proxies.

Btw I don't care if you're an atheist. Most atheist hold anti religious beliefs like a religion as well. If anything I think you're very immature and religiously confrontational. I corrected you showing you how there is strong religious background and motivation behind Hamas and Hezbollah, you begin to misinterpret it as defending Israel then you run around pulling out unrelated theories. Did I ask you who was the aggressor or who started it first and all that?

Anything you can't subject to fact is a religious belief.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

grin grin grin grin grin

No cheap escape. If you can disprove it with fact, I will send you a thousand dollars rn. The fact that you even think it's a religious myth shows how dumb you are not to know that many religious books have lots of factual information.

And this is even post biblical times. Information contained in scientific journals

https://doi.org/10.4000/hamsa.2719

NB: I will not just send you $1000, I will post my nudes here if you disprove whatever I said about Hamas and Hezbollah.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:47pm On Oct 18, 2023
Faithful007:

No cheap escape. If you can disprove it with fact, I will send you a thousand dollars rn. The fact that you even think it's a religious myth shows how dumb you are not to know that many religious books have lots of factual information.

And this is even post biblical times. Information contained in scientific journals

https://doi.org/10.4000/hamsa.2719

NB: I will not just send you $1000, I will post my nudes here if you disprove whatever I said about Hamas and Hezbollah.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oga Bidexii, abeg you told this guy that I am gay and in need of his nudes to self-service with?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2023
Odunayaw:
Whenever I see ad-hominem attacks especially in a bid to make oneself look more knowledgeable I can't help but smh

If you were referring to me, then I must apologize and say that it was never my intention to offend.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faithful007: 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oga Bidexii, abeg you told this guy that I am gay and in need of his nudes to self-service with?
Yeah. That is to show you how impossible it will be for you to disprove what you're laughing at. I honestly don't want you to detract from the discourse cos I'm pissed and now I want to attack your person and expose your sheer emptiness. If you need more scientific evidence I will bring more.

Someone who doesn't even know the difference between the Syrian army, Iranian proxies and Hezbollah. Someone who doesn't know that majority of Lebanese don't even like Hezbollah, wants to argue with me. You laughed at my statement, show me what's funny about it then?

Don't be a coward. Make sure you show me what I've asked you. I don't like cowards who will laugh and then run away.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:17pm On Oct 18, 2023
bidexiii:
More

Hello @Bidexii. Do you see the last picture? That thing like a pot is what? It keeps popping up in my head as a kind of directional mine.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:18pm On Oct 18, 2023
Faithful007:
Yeah. That is to show you how impossible it will be for you to disprove what you're laughing at. I honestly don't want you to detract from the discourse cos I'm pissed and now I want to attack your person and expose your sheer emptiness. If you need more scientific evidence I will bring more.

Someone who doesn't even know the difference between the Syrian army, Iranian proxies and Hezbollah. Someone who doesn't know that majority of Lebanese don't even like Hezbollah, wants to argue with me. You laughed at my statement, show me what's funny about it then?

Don't be a coward. Make sure you show me what I've asked you. I don't like cowards who will laugh and then run away.

Apologies. Let this end. Have a good night.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kenpaul0: 11:54am On Oct 19, 2023
There is no need to further engage him. Your facts are crystal clear for anyone to see. @ Odunayaw has said it all!!

Faithful007:

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:59am On Oct 19, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

Hello @Bidexii. Do you see the last picture? That thing like a pot is what? It keeps popping up in my head as a kind of directional mine.

Sorry mate,
Don't know what that thing his ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2023
GOV DIRI FLAGS OFF EXERCISE STILL WATERS, CALLS ON STAKEHOLDERS TO WORK TOWARDS STABILIZING PEACE IN BAYELSA

The Executive Governor of Bayelsa State, His Excellency, Senator Douye Diri, has on 17 October 2023, called on all hands to be on deck to further consolidate and stabilize the peace currently enjoyed in Bayelsa State. He made the call while flagging off Exercise STILL WATERS III at Otuopkoti, Ogbia Local Government Area of Bayelsa State.

Giving his remarks, Governor Diri, reiterated the importance of setting in motion different strategies such as Exercise STILL WATERS III to checkmate the possible rise in criminal activities within the state, especially as the yuletide season approaches, and the preparation for 2023 Gubernatorial Election in the state gains momentum. Acknowledging that the numerous successes recorded by Exercise STILL WATERS last year contributed immensely to the peaceful yuletide enjoyed by Bayelsans in 2022.

He further stated that a lot have been achieved in terms of peace and security in the state as a result of operations of the Nigerian Army and other security agencies.

While commending the Chief of Army Staff , Lieutenant General TA Lagbaja for sustaining the Exercise, he was particularly delighted with the professional conduct of the troops of the 16 Brigade. He added that the enormous commitment and sacrifices of all the gallant security forces in the state in improving security and peace for Bayelsans is appreciated.

Giving the opening remarks, the General Officer Commanding(GOC), 6 Division, Nigerian Army/ Land Component Commander, Joint Task Force, South South, Operations DELTA SAFE, Major General Jamal Abdussalam stated that the Exercise is in line with the COAS command philosophy which is “ To Transform the Nigerian Army into a Well-Trained, Equipped, and Highly Motivated Force Towards Achieving our Constitutional Responsibilities within a Joint Environment”. He further added that the Nigerian Army has come a long way and living up to its assigned constitutional duties, especially in contributing to global peace and security.

He further added that "Integrating relevant security agencies in the state, enhances the troop's proficiency in the execution of military operations other than war" and cements the existing cordial civil-military cooperation to facilitate civilian support for the military.

The GOC further stated that there has been a significant increase in Nigeria's oil output. He attributed this to the renewed efforts of troops in securing pipelines and clamping on illegal oil bunkering. This he said clearly shows that those who accused the military of being part of the problem dont really understand the situation. He urged troops not to be demoralized but to continue to be loyal, disciplined, and dedicated at all times.

Earlier, while delivering his remarks, the Commaner 16 Brigade, Brigadier General Sadisu Yakasai stated that this year’s Exercise has been packaged to cover all areas of security concerns in the state, in other to garner participation from all stakeholders in the security architecture of the state so as to create a free and safe environment for Bayelsans and Nigerians.

Highpoint of the flag off was an amphibious display, medical outreach, as well as group photographs.

DANJUMA JONAH DANJUMA
Major
Acting Deputy Director
6 Division Army Public Relations
17 Octorber 2023

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:28pm On Oct 19, 2023
6,900 deradicalize insurgents have been reintegrated – Borno Govt

No fewer than 100,000 Boko Haram insurgents have so far voluntarily surrendered and 6,900 have undergone all screening exercises of disarmament, demobilization and deradicalization as well as rehabilitation, reconciliation and reintegration processes of the Borno Model.

The Special Adviser on Security Affairs to Governor Babagana Zulum, General Abdullah Sabi M. Ishaq (rtd) stated this during the ongoing screening exercises of the repentant insurgents in Maiduguri.

According to him, the 6,900 reintegrated repentant terrorists were reunited with their families and loved ones smoothly through the designed processes of Triple D and Triple R of the Borno Model in collaboration with all the stakeholders beginning with the military and other security agencies in the state down to the humanitarian and development partners, state government, Local Government Councils, religious and community leaders among others.

He added that the 6,900 so far reintegrated back to their communities were in six (6) batches – first batch 500, second batch 1000, third batch 1000, fourth batch 1000, fifth batch 1,300 and sixth batch 2,100, making a total of 6,900 while the seventh batch is in progress.

General Ishaq explained that the government has never received any complaint from any community or individual regarding the reintegrated persons, stressing that, rather we have been receiving reports and appreciation from some of them that they got married while others opened petty business and trading as well as returned to full farming occupation and doing well.

” This is a credit to the security agencies and the state government as well as the traditional institutions including our collaborating humanitarian and development partners which without their support, efforts, assistance and understanding we wouldn’t have been where we are today.

The Special Adviser, further, said that over 90% of the die hard ideologist are dead as a result of military actions while 85% of them were under aged and forcefully conscripted by the groups which informed the massive voluntary surrendering of most of the members of the groups associated with arms and high number of repentance couple with the reality on ground of the introduced Borno Model.

Source; @Zagazola
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 9:37pm On Oct 19, 2023
bidexiii:
GOV DIRI FLAGS OFF EXERCISE STILL WATERS, CALLS ON STAKEHOLDERS TO WORK TOWARDS STABILIZING PEACE IN BAYELSA

STILL WATERS, is purely army guys right? That impressive honestly
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nemesis4you: 9:06am On Oct 20, 2023
smiley
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:30am On Oct 21, 2023
NIGERIAN ARMY GRADUATE BATTLE READY TROOPS TO FIGHT INSECURITY AFTER MONTHS OF RIGOROUS TRAINING

The Nigerian Army has graduated battle ready troops to confront insecurity in the country, after months of rigorous training at the Nigerian Army Training Centre, Kachia in Kaduna state. The graduation ceremony, which took place on Friday 20 October 2023, featured practical demonstration of military drills, showcasing the graduands' newly acquired competences in Tactical manouvre Physical proficiency, Advance shooting drills, Warrior ethos, Unarmed combat, among other vital skills.
The training package, code named Exercise Restore Hope V, is to adapt personnel who freshly passed out of Depot Nigerian Army to the challenges posed by the ever-changing nature of threats within Nigeria’s security environment.

Addressing the graduating troops, the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Taoreed Lagbaja, described the objective of the exercise as an effort by the Nigerian Army to close observed gaps in its operations through focused, adaptive, and effective training,
with a view to producing highly skilled and competent manpower for operational engagements in all theatres.

Gen Lagbaja maintained, that the training exercise perfectly resonates with his Command Philosophy for the Nigerian Army, which is to "transform the Nigerian Army into a well-trained, equipped and highly motivated force, towards achieving its constitutional responsibilities within a joint environment."

The COAS further clarified, that Exercise Restore Hope offers a unique post-Depot training model, designed to enhance the professionalism and battle readiness of young soldiers.

The Army Chief emphasized that training is a key investment needed to achieve operational successes, pointing out further, that a nation that places high premium on funding troops training will spend less in prosecuting her wars.
Gen Lagbaja, while expressing satisfaction with the quality of training and performance of the troops in the demonstration drills, implored the troops to apply the skills and knowledge gained from the exercise in the field, to create a safe and secure environment for socio-economic development.
The COAS appreciated the Commander-in- Chief of the Armed Forces, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu for his untiring support to the Nigerian Army. He thanked the Minister of Defence, Mohammed Badaru Abubakar and the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen Christopher Musa for their efforts in the capacity development of the Nigerian Army, to deliver on its constitutional mandate.

The Chief of Training (Army), Maj Gen Sani Mohammed had earlier in his welcome address disclosed, that the 16 weeks rigorous training had imbued the troops with requisite military bearing to adapt to the highly dynamic security situation in the country.

Dignitaries who witnessed the ceremony are Principal Staff Officers from the Army Headquarters, General Officer Commanding 1 Division, Commandants of Nigerian Army Schools, Heads of Security Agencies in Kaduna, the Agom Kachia of Kachia Chiefdom, His Royal Highness Zamani Dogonyaro and representatives from Kachia Local Government.

The COAS later embarked on a duty tour of Nigerian Army School of Artillery also located in Kachia, where he was briefed by the Commandant, Maj Gen Teriworie Gagariga on the state of the school and the security situation in the general area of Kachia. Gen Lagbaja also addressed the troops, urging them to shun all social vices, remain professional and loyal to the Constitution and Government of Nigeria. He reiterated his commitment to guaranteeing their welfare as topmost on his agenda for the Nigerian Army. Gen Lagbaja seized the opportunity to inaugurate the school Bakery to meet the confectionary needs of both personnel and students in the school.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
20 October 2023

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:31am On Oct 21, 2023
More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:32am On Oct 21, 2023
#NA
#VT4 MBT
#T72

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:33am On Oct 21, 2023
NN SBSC TRAINING

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:37am On Oct 21, 2023
Army troops foil ISWAP ambush in Borno, eliminates 6 terrorists in Borno

The troops of 5 Brigade Operation HADIN KAI deployed at Damasak eliminated six Islamic State of the West African Province(ISWAP), terrorists and injured several others in a failed ambush at Binduldul General area along MSR Maiduguri - Gubio - Kareto - Damasak Road.

It was gathered that the troops achieved the feat on Friday , October 20, 2023 after they thwarted an ambush staged by the terrorists against the troops during a fighting patrol.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama, a Security Analyst and Counter Insurgency Expert in the Lake Chad region that the troops exchanged fire with terrorists and cleared the ambush forcing the criminals to withdraw to the bush.

The sources said that the troops went in pursuit of the terrorists into the bush and during the encounter, six of the ISWAP were neutralized while an unconfirmed number of the terrorists were wounded.

Three soldiers were wounded in action during the encounter while equipment such 2 x PKT guns, 5 x AK 47 rifles and 1 x Hummer bus used by the terrorists were recovered.
Meanwhile, the bus was destroyed.

Source; @Zagazola

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2023
MNJTF ENHANCES SURVEILLANCE CAPABILITY TO ACHIEVE MANDATE: FORCE COMMANDER

The Force Commander of the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF), Major General Ibrahim Sallau Ali announced that the MNJTF is actively enhancing its surveillance capabilities to achieve its mandate. He made this statement during the graduation ceremony of the second batch training of drone pilots for troops in Sector 1, which took place in Ndjamena on Friday, October 20, 2023.

The graduation ceremony also featured the presentation of the donation of two long-range drones and a vehicle by the European Union through the Stablac Project of the COGINTA Non-governmental Organisation.

It could be recalled that a similar donation of two drones and a utility vehicle was presented to Sector 2 Chad in July of this year.

Abubakar Abdullahi
Lieutenant Colonel
Military Public Information Officer
Ndjamena- Chad
20 October 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (2173) (2174) (2175) (2176) (2177) (2178) (2179) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.