Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,724 members, 7,837,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3049703 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2175) (2176) (2177) (2178) (2179) (2180) (2181) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Floky215: 2:49pm On Nov 01, 2023
DeathToSimps:

I don't want it to seem like I'm derailing the thread or hating on African militaries.

But bro, I've seen these Hamas guys fight.
No be small. They just fight with serous strategy.
They have rockets, many rockets.

How many west African militaries have rockets and attack drones?

Don't forget that Iran is funding these guys.

Then you know nothing or very little about war, I'm sorry to tell you...!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2023
Floky215:

Then you know nothing or very little about war, I'm sorry to tell you...!!

Nodey engage that kind behaviour
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:21pm On Nov 01, 2023
Breaking

The Nigerian Air Force has taken delivery of the first batch of 2x TAI T129 attack helicopters from Turkey.

A Turkish Air Force A400M (Reg: 21-0118) carrying the helicopters has just landed at the HQ Tacocal Air Command in Makurdi, Benue State.
The cargo plane departed TAI facility close to Ankara 🇹🇷 around 5am this morning.

Source; @jake

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 10:41pm On Nov 01, 2023
bidexiii:
Breaking

The Nigerian Air Force has taken delivery of the first batch of 2x TAI T129 attack helicopters from Turkey.

Lonh awaited... I wonder where these would be employed.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:15pm On Nov 01, 2023
bidexiii:
Breaking

A Turkish Air Force A400M (Reg: 21-0118) carrying the helicopters has just landed at the HQ Tacocal Air Command in Makurdi, Benue State.
The cargo plane departed TAI facility close to Ankara 🇹🇷 around 5am this morning.

Source; @jake
Just took me back to discussion on Beegsblog days.

It is not like all things suddenly fell into place. The difference between now and then is that we decided to take our self seriously and grow some balls.

Next we need to put the foot on the ground about the rest of the Mi35m we haven't gotten

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:20am On Nov 02, 2023
Odunayaw:
Just took me back to discussion on Beegsblog days.

It is not like all things suddenly fell into place. The difference between now and then is that we decided to take our self seriously and grow some balls.

Next we need to put the foot on the ground about the rest of the Mi35m we haven't gotten

I don't think will be purchasing more MI35m. For me we should try and add more MI-171 for logistic & Medic Evac.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:20am On Nov 02, 2023
GeneralFarouq:

Lonh awaited... I wonder where these would be employed.

Definitely the N.E theatre

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:58am On Nov 02, 2023
bidexiii:

I don't think will be purchasing more MI35m. For me we should try and add more MI-171 for logistic & Medic Evac.
We paid for 6 under GMB but has all been delivered?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:24pm On Nov 02, 2023
Jake reported

Airforce Capital expenditure;
• Procurement OF QTY 2x Beechcraft King Air 360i ISR Aircraft’s.

• Procurement OF QTY 6 X Tsaigumi UAV’s along with ground control stations.

I remember someone recently about this drone. I'm very surprised it has resurrected.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:18pm On Nov 02, 2023
Odunayaw:
We paid for 6 under GMB but has all been delivered?

We only received 4 units
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 3:53pm On Nov 02, 2023
bidexiii:

We only received 4 units
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:00pm On Nov 02, 2023
Toju200:

How many did we ordered.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:04pm On Nov 02, 2023
Some Beautiful Pictures of NAF Super Tucanos

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:55pm On Nov 02, 2023
bidexiii:

How many did we ordered.
last one came unnoticed
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:59pm On Nov 02, 2023
Toju200:
last one came unnoticed

Okay
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2023
BREAKING: In a surprise dawn attack on Terrorists enclave in Batsari LGA, Katsina State. The troops have successfully neutralized Birshir Sarki a notorious wanted Terrorists leader and his boys on Thursday 02 Nov, 2023. Troops recover

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 11:11pm On Nov 02, 2023
bidexiii:
OFF TOPIC

Yemeni(Houtis) Islamic movement has declared war on Israeli, I just watched some video of Missile been lunched into Israel and drones to monitor Israeli military movement.

Alot of Islamic movement are pledging support for Palestinians/HAMAS in terms of aids, funds, equipment and young men willing to go and fight even it means their eventual final faith.
Western powers and European countries are also delivering Cargo/equipment and other technical support to Israeli.
This will be a full scale war for Israeli, with some powerful Arab countries folding their arms and watching from distance. The attention has now shifted from Russia/Ukraine to Israeli/Palestinians conflicts.
The coming world events will be interesting?

Hassan Nasrallah will give a speech on Friday. He will either announce the full scale participation of the Party of God in the ongoing conflict, or its continuance in low-intensity conflict. This situation can escalate fast, especially if Ansar Allah decides to start targeting American infrastructure in Saudi Arabia, Jordan or elsewhere and those countries begin retaliating, or if Iranian-affiliated militias in the region begin scaling up their attacks on American interests and bases.
Zinolesky, abi Zelenskyy is already crying about being neglected and the longer this goes on the more the West will focus on the Middle East and leave Russia alone to wallop its recalcitrant neighbor. Putin must be grinning like a Cheshire cat now
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:21am On Nov 03, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

Hassan Nasrallah will give a speech on Friday. He will either announce the full scale participation of the Party of God in the ongoing conflict, or its continuance in low-intensity conflict. This situation can escalate fast, especially if Ansar Allah decides to start targeting American infrastructure in Saudi Arabia, Jordan or elsewhere and those countries begin retaliating, or if Iranian-affiliated militias in the region begin scaling up their attacks on American interests and bases.
Zinolesky, abi Zelenskyy is already crying about being neglected and the longer this goes on the more the West will focus on the Middle East and leave Russia alone to wallop its recalcitrant neighbor. Putin must be grinning like a Cheshire cat now

The extent of support this millitia group gets is somehow questionable? I watched a video on X of how an Israeli airforce F35 intercepts a cruise missile heading for Israel. This war is going to excaliate in no time, because the Israeli Defence Force that I know will not back down till most of this tunnels are found and destroyed.

The Israeli forces are loosing soldiers on unprecedented numbers, I think they have to change there tactics, just watched a video now of how these millitant getting close to tank an destroying it. No IFV or soldiers protecting tanks from being shot from close range. The full war hasn't began and the casualties from IDF is high, this will be a long war for them.

https://twitter.com/AndreiBtvt/status/1720151690874134886?t=LeSNra2tOyujfdiRCmedIg&s=19

https://twitter.com/IranObserver0/status/1719861122017137086?t=xQfLfeDnd8Ir6zxkvUJ0Lw&s=19

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2023
Military Airstrikes eliminated over 160 terrorists in Borno and Yobe States 

By: Zagazola Makama 

At Least 160 Jamā'at Ahl as-Sunnah lid-Da'wah wa'l-Jihād Boko Haram  fighters were killed and their hidden camps destroyed following a wave of airstrikes conducted by Nigerian Air Force fighter jets in Borno and Yobe states.

The devastating airstrikes were conducted on Thursday, November 2, 2023, by the Air Component Operation HADIN KAI, in two  identified terrorist enclaves. The first one was around BULABULIN along KOMADUGU-YOBE RIVER near Geidam in Yobe State.

Intelligent sources, told Zagazola Makama, a Security Analyst and a Counter-Insurgency Expert in the Lake Chad region, that the target in BULABULIN along KOMADUGU-YOBE RIVER, was established as a major hub of the Boko Haram activities from where the terrorists recently coordinated attacks on local communities of NGURO KAYAYA of Gaidam LGA which led to the killing of 16 persons and another IED attack against relatives and friends of the affected persons who went to conduct burials and mourn the deceased persons in the village.

The sources said that the Airforce detailed an airborne electro-optical system to attack the target area.

He said the air strikes were synchronized with the ground troops in the area for maximum effect, recording devastating hits on the Boko Haram  hideout and killing more than 100  of their fighters, destroying 2 gun trucks and some structures. 

The second set of  airstrikes was at  DEGBAWA village on the Mandara Mountains in Gwoza LGA in Borno states where the airstrikes targeted a group of over 60 terrorists including some of their field Commanders reported to be holding a meeting on how to attack some military locations around Gwoza and its environs.

On-the-ground sources revealed that  about 60  terrorists loyal to the notorious terrorists’ kingpin, Ali Ngulde were obliterated while the few surviving terrorists scampered for safety with various degrees of wounds. 

The source further revealed that the troops of Operation HADIN KAI have been charged to intensify intelligence led coordinated combined actions of both the ground and air force to annihilate the terrorists and end to terrorism in the North East as soon as possible.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:15pm On Nov 03, 2023
bidexiii:
BREAKING: In a surprise dawn attack on Terrorists enclave in Batsari LGA, Katsina State. The troops have successfully neutralized Birshir Sarki a notorious wanted Terrorists leader and his boys on Thursday 02 Nov, 2023. Troops recover

An inter-agency cooperation between the NA & DSS as exemplified in the conduct of a dawn raid operation in Kano yesterday, preventing a terrorist attack. BIG UPS TO OUR SECURITY AGENCIES.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 3:02pm On Nov 03, 2023
bidexiii:

The extent of support this millitia group gets is somehow questionable? I watched a video on X of how an Israeli airforce F35 intercepts a cruise missile heading for Israel. This war is going to excaliate in no time, because the Israeli Defence Force that I know will not back down till most of this tunnels are found and destroyed.

The Israeli forces are loosing soldiers on unprecedented numbers, I think they have to change there tactics, just watched a video now of how these millitant getting close to tank an destroying it. No IFV or soldiers protecting tanks from being shot from close range. The full war hasn't began and the casualties from IDF is high, this will be a long war for them.

https://twitter.com/AndreiBtvt/status/1720151690874134886?t=LeSNra2tOyujfdiRCmedIg&s=19

https://twitter.com/IranObserver0/status/1719861122017137086?t=xQfLfeDnd8Ir6zxkvUJ0Lw&s=19

I watched the video yesterday night and was hella confused. It was this morning that someone explained to me that the first RPG put on the tank was meant to disable the Trophy APS. The second RPG was then fired for a mobility/mission kill. That's rather ingenious but dangerous.

As for the IDF losing large numbers, it probably had to do with their lack of recent wars. In 2006 when the Party of Good took hostages and triggered a war, the IDF were beaten silly. That was because the most experience their soldiers had was beating or shooting unarmed Palestinians. But after that war, they went back to the drawing board and got their shit together. But since then, the IDF has not faced the kind of opposition that the Party of God gave them in 2006 and their expertise and awareness has atrophied and some on Twitter now call them TikTok soldiers wink. Plus they don't regard Palestinian as humans and that leads makes them discount their skills and intelligence.
Dunno how this will play out, but it is not good.

Edit 1: I forgot to add the impact of new tech. Drones are now premier and the war in Ukraine has shown how even the simplest drones can disable or kill armored vehicles, or fvck up troops. Hamas has learned lessons from that war and is applying them.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 3:04pm On Nov 03, 2023
bidexiii:

An inter-agency cooperation between the NA & DSS as exemplified in the conduct of a dawn raid operation in Kano yesterday, preventing a terrorist attack. BIG UPS TO OUR SECURITY AGENCIES.

What was the target? And why Kano?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:32pm On Nov 03, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

What was the target? And why Kano?

A high profile terrorist leader was eliminated and was also planning an attack on one of the villagesbin the area.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2023
bidexiii:

A high profile terrorist leader was eliminated and was also planning an attack on one of the villagesbin the area.

That doesn't make much sense. I would have thought an attack would be made a high profile targets and not a village.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:49pm On Nov 03, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

I watched the video yesterday night and was hella confused. It was this morning that someone explained to me that the first RPG put on the tank was meant to disable the Trophy APS. The second RPG was then fired for a mobility/mission kill. That's rather ingenious but dangerous.

As for the IDF losing large numbers, it probably had to do with their lack of recent wars. In 2006 when the Party of Good took hostages and triggered a war, the IDF were beaten silly. That was because the most experience their soldiers had was beating or shooting unarmed Palestinians. But after that war, they went back to the drawing board and got their shit together. But since then, the IDF has not faced the kind of opposition that the Party of God gave them in 2006 and their expertise and awareness has atrophied and some on Twitter now call them TikTok soldiers wink. Plus they don't regard Palestinian as humans and that leads makes them discount their skills and intelligence.
Dunno how this will play out, but it is not good.

[/b]Edit 1: I forgot to add the impact of new tech. Drones are now premier and the war in Ukraine has shown how even the simplest drones can disable or kill armored vehicles, or fvck up troops. Hamas has learned lessons from that war and is applying them[b].

The IDF has always been on conflict and when it comes to Urban warfare they are one of the best, based on lessons learnt from past conflict.

The thing is; Battle field dynamics is changing fast, This is a situation where militias use cheap qaudcoptors from china and also cheap RPG from Iran/China to take out a MBT worth millions of Euro.

Battle field Commanders would learn to be very dynamic and adaptive to new Battle field dynamics. Remember when Russia invaded Ukraine they lost men and Armored vehicles to ambush and kamikaze drones but when the Russians adapted the change the introduction of various drones from Iran and Russias Zala Lacent kamikaze did alot of damage to western/European vehicles.
A time will come where MBT will be completely limited by this cheap technology in Urban warfare, weve also seen it in the Sudan/RSF conflict. Like I said the tactics of lonely MBT is a sitting dock for the enemy.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 3:53pm On Nov 03, 2023
bidexiii:

The IDF has always been on conflict and when it comes to Urban warfare they are one of the best, based on lessons learnt from past conflict.

The thing is; Battle field dynamics is changing fast, This is a situation where militias use cheap qaudcoptors from china and also cheap RPG from Iran/China to take out a MBT worth millions of Euro.

Battle field Commanders would learn to be very dynamic and adaptive to new Battle field dynamics. Remember when Russia invaded Ukraine they lost men and Armored vehicles to ambush and kamikaze drones but when the Russians adapted the change the introduction of various drones from Iran and Russias Zala Lacent kamikaze did alot of damage to western/European vehicles.
A time will come where MBT will be completely limited by this cheap technology in Urban warfare, weve also seen it in the Sudan/RSF conflict. Like I said the tactics of lonely MBT is a sitting dock for the enemy.

Hope you see what it happening oh. Like the NA should start making plans for when Boko Haram or ISWA start using drones carrying RPG warheads or grenades. Sh1t is about to get real, fast.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:54pm On Nov 03, 2023
NN SBS somewhere in the North

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:56pm On Nov 03, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

Hope you see what it happening oh. Like the NA should start making plans for when Boko Haram or ISWA start using drones carrying RPG warheads or grenades. Sh1t is about to get real, fast.

Definitely !
Either we like it or not, it will get to level. Hope the top brass learn from recent conflicts and adapt fast.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:04pm On Nov 03, 2023
#CION
#NA
#NAF

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:50pm On Nov 03, 2023
SEVEN BANDITS MEET THEIR WATERLOO IN KADUNA…As Farmers Display Act of Bravery

Following a clearance operation conducted by troops of 1 Division Nigerian Army and Operation Whirl Punch in the general area of Kampanin Doka village at Birnin Gwari LGA of Kaduna State, 4 bandits who have been terrorizing the locals have finally met their waterloo on 1 November 2023. During the operation, troops recovered one AK 47 rifle, one AK 47 magazine, one machete, one mobile phone and fourteen Motorcycles from the criminals.

In a related development, on 2 November 2023, some farmers who were harvesting their crops at the western part of Sabon Sara village fled their farms and alerted troops of bandits attack. The troops on receipt of the information quickly mobilized to the area. Upon arrival, four of the farmers courageously joined the troops and neutralized one bandit while others withdrew in disarray with gun shot wounds.

The troops recovered two AK 47 rifles while one of the farmer, Mallam Abdulrahman Aliyu who sustained minor injuries during the encounter was immediately evacuated to a nearby military hospital for treatment.

Similarly, on 3 November 2023, acting on credible intelligence, troops carried out clearance operation around the general areas of Kankomi, Juji, Gwantu, Kujeni, Kikwari and Kaso all in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State. Troops made contact with bandits and successfully neutralized two of the criminals. Items recovered include one AK 47 rifle, one AK 47 magazine, four 7.62MM Special ammunition, one Honda motorcycle and one Techno phone.

The General Officer Commanding 1 Division Nigerian Army and Force Commander Operation Whirl Punch Major General VU Okoro has commended the troops for their gallantry and specially applauded the farmers for their act of bravery. He charged the troops not to relent until all terrorists, bandits and all criminal elements in the Division's area of responsibility are completely neutralized.

Musa Yahaya
Lieutenant Colonel
Acting Deputy Director Army Public Relations 1 Division Nigerian Army.
3 November 2023

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:51pm On Nov 03, 2023
More

(1) (2) (3) ... (2175) (2176) (2177) (2178) (2179) (2180) (2181) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.