Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:24 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3073848 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
Similarly, to commemorate Nigerian Army Day Celebration 2017 (NADCEL 2017), troops of 26 Task Force Brigade conducted environmental sanitation exercise in Gwoza, Borno State, today 1st July 2017. The visibly impressed and elated residents of the town came out enmass to cheer up the troops. Eventually the sanitation exercise ended with a short route march by the troops and the people:

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
Souljaboi1:

The only Easy Day was Yesterday. !

Na sooO cool

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
Live from chibooj; As part of their contribution to the host community and also activities marking the Nigerian Army Day Celebration, troops of 28 Task Force Brigade Nigerian Army are right now at the Internally Displaced Persons Camp, Chibok rendering free medical service to the community. So far, they have attended to over 300 persons since morning and still counting:

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2017
More...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2017
LIVE: Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL) 2017. Sanitation Exercise by troops of 16 Brigade Nigerian Army, Yenagoa. (Pictures)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
LIVE FROM GWOZA: NADCEL 2017 Free Medical Outreach by Nigerian Army troops. So far 520 IDPs recieved free treatment and still counting. #NADCEL17

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:56pm On Jul 01, 2017
More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
Souljaboi1:

cheesy cheesy Smoke !
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
Souljaboi1:

cheesy smoke !
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:47am On Jul 02, 2017
Nigerian Army marks 154th Anniversary, pledges to continually degrade terrorism

http://newsexpressngr.com/news/40710-Nigerian-Army-marks-154th-Anniversary-pledges-to-continually-degrade-terrorism
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:50am On Jul 02, 2017
NADCEL 2017

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:52am On Jul 02, 2017
FORCE COMMANDER MULTINATIONAL JOINT TASK FORCE HARPS ON OATH OF ALLEGIANCE
- AS SECTOR 3 HOLDS MEDAL PARADE

The Out Going Force Commander Multinational Joint Tasks Force (MNJTF) Major General Lamidi Adeosun has charged troops of Sector 3 MNJTF to always keep faith with their Oath of Allegiance in discharging their responsibility in the war against terrorism in the Lake Chad Region.

General Adeosun made the charge during his addres to troops at the MNJTF Sector 3 Medal Presentation Parade held at the Sector Headquarters Baga. He reminded them that Lake Chad Region which covers Benin Republic, Cameroun, Chad, Niger and Nigeria is their Sub-Region, adding that the Oath they swore to while joining the army should spoor them to serve their father land with greater enthusiasm.The outgoing Force Commander congratulated officers and soldiers for their contributions towards the successes achieved so far.

He observed that the troops have gone very far but have not yet gotten there, “Yes all the territories have been recaptured, important towns and villages have been liberated and many of the abducted people have been rescued, but there is still some work left”. He maintained that until we are able to completely clear the remnants of Boko Haram Terrorists, we still have an unfinished job. He implored the troops to give maximum support to the incoming Force Commander in order to achieve the operational end state of MNJTF.

Earlier in his welcome address the Commander Sector 3 MNJTF Brigadier General Olayinka Soyele thanked the outgoing Force Commander for all his support to the sector and pledged his cooperation and commitment to the incoming Force Commander.

The highlight of the occasion was the decoration of officers and soldiers with the MNJTF Medal and presentation of monetary compensation to gallant soldiers who were either Wounded in Action or Killed in Action in the course of Operation Rawan Kada from January to June 2017.
The Outgoing Force Commander was accompanied by the Incoming Force Commander Major General Lucky Irabor, the Deputy Force Commander, Commander Sector 2, and other staff Officers from the Headquarters.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:54am On Jul 02, 2017
THE CHIEFS OF DEFENCE STAFF OF NIGERIA AND CHAD MEETS IN ABUJA ON 1 JULY 2017 TO STRENGTHEN COLLABORATION ON THE FIGHT AGAINST BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS

1. The Nigerian Armed Forces Chief of Defence Staff, General Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin and his Chadian counterpart, Lieutenant General Mohammad Ibrahim Saed, are in a crucial strategic meeting today, aimed at improving the synergy between Nigeria and Chad, on the ongoing operation against Boko Haram Terrorists and other criminalities, in the Lake Chad Basin Region.

2. On his part, General Olonisakin stated that the meeting which is a mutual consultation would enhance cooperation between the two Armed Forces towards clearing the Region, of Boko Haram Terrorist activities. While the Chadian Chief of Defence Staff reiterated the commitment of the Chadian Military to the common cause of fighting terrorism and all forms of criminalities in the region.

3. This meeting underscores the efforts of the Lake Chad Basin Commission and Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF). General Olonisakin hereby assures all Nigerians and the International Community that, the Nigerian Military would continue to sustain and improve its strategy and operational procedures through the Multinational Joint Task Force and Operation LAFIYA DOLE, to bring lasting peace to the North East and Lake Chad Basin Region.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:04am On Jul 02, 2017
RANDOM PICS

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:06am On Jul 02, 2017
MORE

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 6:56am On Jul 02, 2017
bidexiii:
UPDATE ON OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE FRIDAY 30TH JUNE 2017

Troops of the Nigerian Army deployed in various parts of the northeast under the auspices of Operation LAFIYA DOLE and the Multinational Joint Task Force in conjunction with sister Services and other Security Agencies have continued the fight against terrorism relentlessly. They have been doing so through patrols, clearance operations, patrols and maintaining blocking positions. They have also been contributing their bits in humanitarian activities to enhance civil-military relations with their respective host communities.

TROOPS PROVIDE HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE TO RETURNEE REFUGEES IN BANKI

Troops of 152 Battalion of the Nigerian Army stationed in Banki have been rendering humanitarian assistance to over 887 Nigerian refugees returned from Cameroon since Tuesday 27th June 2017. The troops out of sheer love have apart from organizing their safe return have been using their resources to feed and make them comfortable through feeding and provision of accommodation pending when humanitarian agencies would fully take over. It was reported that this kind gesture endeared the troops to the returnees as most of them such meals were best in the last couple of years. Beyond that according to a humanitarian worker, “the army is also providing shelter at the barracks for several aid workers including UNICEF and UNHCR supported staff. This is giving confidence to more Humanitarian workers to move to Banki and to serve those who need us most.”

PATROL TEAM ENCOUNTER IED THAT CLAIMS THE LIVES OF AN OFFICER AND 3 SOLDIERS

Yesterday, Thursday 29th June 2017, at about 8.00am a patrol team of 133 Special Forces Battalion on patrol to Maiduguri, encountered an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) buried on the road between Kangarwa and Alagarno village. Unfortunately, the IED claimed the life of an officer and 3 soldiers, while 3 other members of the patrol team sustained various degrees of injuries. Their Hilux vehicle was also completely damaged.
The bodies of the late officer and soldiers have since been evacuated while the wounded have also been moved to the unit’s medical facility.

It is gratifying to note also that the 3 suspected Boko Haram terrorists that planted the IED and hide were pursued and neutralized.

TROOPS HANDOVER OF BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS ABDUCTEE/ESCAPEE

On Thursday 29th June 2017, Headquarters of 23 Brigade Nigerian Army at about 2.30pm handed over one Miss Jada Hachaba to her mother in the presence relatives and Alhaji Bello, the District Head of Gulak at the Brigade’s Headquarters in Yola. It will be recalled that Miss Jada was abducted by suspected Boko Haram terrorists but she escaped.

TROOPS RECOVER UXO IN AN UNCOMPLETED BUILDING IN BUNI YADI

Troops of 27 Brigade Garrison Nigerian Army, on Thursday 29th June 2017, at about 3.40pm discovered a 122mm D30 Unexploded Ordinance inside an uncompleted building at the Federal Low Cost Housing Estate, Buni Yadi, Yobe State. The unit’s Explosive Ordinance Team were drafted into the scene and they safely detonated it.

TROOPS ARREST 2 BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS COLLABORATORS AND INFORMANTS

Based on credible information received, troops of 159 Battalion Nigerian Army arrested two suspected Boko Haram terrorists’ collaborators/informants; Abubakar Ahmed aged 23 years and Aji Maina aged 45 years. Both were arrested on Wednesday 28th June 2017 at Garin Gada and Kanamma respectively after painstaking trailing. Abubakar Ahmed was arrested while trying to collect relief materials for onward conveyance to Boko Haram terrorists, while Aji Maina was arrested while on transit at Kanamma enroute Gamari in Niger Republic. The suspects are further being interrogated.

TROOPS INTERCEPT 2 MINORS SPYING FOR BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS IN KUKAWA

Vigilant elements of 8 Division Nigerian Army stationed at Kukawa, northern Borno State have yesterday Thursday 29th June 2017, intercepted 2 minors; Abubakar Aji aged 13 and Isah Mustapha aged 12 on spying mission on troops location at Kukawa. On further interrogation the minors claimed to have been with Boko Haram terrorists in Kangarawa since 2014.

You are please requested to disseminate this information to the public through your medium.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Brigadier General Sani Kukasheka Usman
Director Army Public Relations

Boko Haram seems to be concentrating more on IED of late. Could it be possible that they know troop movement before hand or they just indiscriminately plant these devices?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 8:21am On Jul 02, 2017
bidexiii:
RANDOM PICS
In Picture #1
Who is the Civilian between the Police officer and the Airforce Officer?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
LTGEN:

In Picture #1
Who is the Civilian between the Police officer and the Airforce Officer?

His an honorable from the lower house of assembly, his either from buachi or borno state.

And I think his the chairman for internal security .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
persius555:

Boko Haram seems to be concentrating more on IED of late. Could it be possible that they know troop movement before hand or they just indiscriminately plant these devices?

In my own view, I don't think so.

BHT is defeated and no longer have the power to capture and hold territories like before , so they have resulted to adopt different types of tactics .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
NAF PERSONNEL EMERGES OVERALL BEST AT BABCOCK UNIVERSITY

Master Warrant Officer Enem Theophilus Aniemeka of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has emerged the overall best graduating doctorate student at the Babcock University, Ilishan Remo, Ogun State. The award was presented to the NAF personnel during the University's graduation ceremony, which held on 4 June 2017. MWO Aniemeka graduated with the highest Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.67 to receive the award. MWO Aniemeka defied all odds to enroll for the PhD Programme in Computer Science (Networking Telecommunication) in 2012 after having earlier bagged a Master of Science degree in Information Technology from the National Open University of Nigeria. The title of his thesis was "Transmission Control Protocol's Initial Congestion Window for Web Latency Reduction and Speedy Flows". The research work was able to propose solution to the problem of short lived connections in Internet network in Nigeria. This would potentially enable internet users in Nigeria to have better service by improving page loading time.

The NAF places a lot of premium on the educational development of its personnel, as reflected in the vision of the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, through one of the vision key drivers, which is "human capacity development through robust and result oriented training for enhanced professional performance". Accordingly, the NAF regularly releases its personnel to undertake relevant academic programmes in civil institutions.

MWO Aniemeka, who is is one of the beneficiaries of the NAF school release programme, is currently the Supervisor of the Computer Centre at 051 Personnel Management Centre at the NAF Base in Ikeja, Lagos.

DOPRI

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by feelgoodInc: 1:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
CNN IS FAKE NEWS

Watch here, CNN has been lying to us. I feel bad right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxg6Xs3jQek
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 2:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
R.I.P SOLDIER

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by saintjoel(m): 11:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
A younger friend also died when he stepped on a mine three days ago around borno.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
saintjoel:
A younger friend also died when he stepped on a mine three days ago around borno.

We lost a lot of brave men the last two weeks embarassed
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 03, 2017
bidexiii:
R.I.P SOLDIER
sadly NA doesn't have all the money in the world to buy MRAPs more money should be invested in detectors with ground penetrating radar and all of that.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 4:26am On Jul 03, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
sadly NA doesn't have all the money in the world to buy MRAPs more money should be invested in detectors with ground penetrating radar and all of that.

Why not let a MRAP lead the way always? Follow the track of the MRAP during such crises. I saw a video of an American Abrams tank coming under attack. The tank stepped on the MRAP and I guess due to its weight, it was able to avoid enough damage but couldn't proceed. The Humvees had to back off then two other tanks came in to provide fire power (the Humvees that backed out were trying suppressive fire) while the occupant of the first tanks rushed out.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:19am On Jul 03, 2017
tdayof:

Why not let a MRAP lead the way always? Follow the track of the MRAP during such crises. I saw a video of an American Abrams tank coming under attack. The tank stepped on the MRAP and I guess due to its weight, it was able to avoid enough damage but couldn't proceed. The Humvees had to back off then two other tanks came in to provide fire power (the Humvees that backed out were trying suppressive fire) while the occupant of the first tanks rushed out.
NA vehicles dontravel in such straight line convoys lead by MRAPs but I don't think that's how they fight, I'm sure you've seen videos of engagements, I believe it's during this stage when they break up that IEDs are encountered.
Also it's possible not just pressure plates are used, some of the IEDs might be remotely detonated targeting specific sections of the convoy.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:06am On Jul 03, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
NA vehicles dontravel in such straight line convoys lead by MRAPs but I don't think that's how they fight, I'm sure you've seen videos of engagements, I believe it's during this stage when they break up that IEDs are encountered.
Also it's possible not just pressure plates are used, some of the IEDs might be remotely detonated targeting specific sections of the convoy.

That's would be serious if BHT has being deploying remote controlled I.E.D. I have not come across such I.E.D or pictures in the north east theatre.

Then it would be not too much if we start using jammers for every military convoys on patrol or duty . troops lives are worth more than cheap equipment, its high we take some simple measures .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:16am On Jul 03, 2017
#Libya- IEDs dismantled by LNA's 152 inf. Bde. during their advance in #Benghazi

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 03, 2017
bidexiii:

That's would be serious if BHT has being deploying remote controlled I.E.D. I have not come across such I.E.D or pictures in the north east theatre.

Then it would be not too much if we start using jammers for every military convoys on patrol or duty . troops lives are worth more than cheap equipment, its high we take some simple measures .
There is no kind of IED boko haram can deployed that has not been previously encountered in other theatres of war, NA simply needs to do the needful and look outside for some expert help from those who have first hand experience with such threats, the U.S and U.k developed some very effective countermeasure while operating in Afghanistan, so its not like this is something new with no solution in sight.

lastly NA elite soldiers can also go after the IED makers in their factories, hideouts surely they cant be more than a handful with such skills.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:19am On Jul 03, 2017
#Egypt- Egyptian army authority announces fresh raids against #"I..."infrastructure in North #Sinai, including the destruction of 2 smuggling tunnels

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.