Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,738 members, 7,865,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 08:15 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3079235 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:29am On Jul 03, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

There is no kind of IED boko haram can deployed that has not been previously encountered in other theatres of war, NA simply needs to do the needful and look outside for some expert help from those who have first hand experience with such threats, the U.S and U.k developed some very effective countermeasure while operating in Afghanistan, so its not like this is something new with no solution in sight.

lastly NA elite soldiers can also go after the IED makers in their factories, hideouts surely they cant be more than a handful with such skills.

Honestly we don't place high premium's on the lives of our troops. Its brakes my heart when you hear the number of gallant soldiers and officers we lose to IED when we can invest in countermeasures .

How much does radio jammers cost ..

We should invest in building MRAP's locally than importing, so that they would have them in large numbers instead of these light skinned hilux.

Look at that picture above ; can anyone survive that harvoc recked on that hilux vehicle .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 03, 2017
bidexiii:

Honestly we don't place high premium's on the lives of our troops. Its brakes my heart when you hear the number of gallant soldiers and officers we lose to IED when we can invest in countermeasures .

How much does radio jammers cost ..

We should invest in building MRAP's locally than importing, so that they would have them in large numbers instead of these light skinned hilux.

Look at that picture above ; can anyone survive that harvoc recked on that hilux vehicle .
according to Ibnsultan the ARA MRAP by Proforce defence has reached an "advanced stage of development." when its not spaceship they are building.... how many years will they take? if i was in charge i wouldn't bother wasting money developing a new MRAP when i know i can just partner with the manufacturer of a combat tested vehicle.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:49am On Jul 03, 2017
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 03, 2017
Algerian army : 63 terrorists killed, 22 arrested in H1 first half of 2017

ALGIERS- Sixty-three terrorists have been killed and 22 others arrested, while ten surrendered during the first half of 2017, according to a report on the actions of the People's National Army in fighting terrorism and securing borders.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:52am On Jul 03, 2017
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:52am On Jul 03, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

according to Ibnsultan the ARA MRAP by Proforce defence has reached an "advanced stage of development." when its not spaceship they are building.... how many years will they take? if i was in charge i wouldn't bother wasting money developing a new MRAP when i know i can just partner with the manufacturer of a combat tested vehicle.

I pray they partner with them.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:54am On Jul 03, 2017
3 KDF soldiers killed after military base is attacked

https://www.tuko.co.ke/245289-3-kdf-soldiers-killed-military-base-attacked.html
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:59am On Jul 03, 2017
A THUG BOAT PULLING A NNS TO DOCK

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:09am On Jul 03, 2017
His these North Korea or South Korea ?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:16am On Jul 03, 2017
MORE

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 03, 2017
bidexiii:
#Libya- IEDs dismantled by LNA's 152 inf. Bde. during their advance in #Benghazi
I have seen dozens of photos of this guy disabling IEDs of various nature, can't the NSA porch this guy by offering him something juicy for him to disappear from Libya to Nigeria and impact his skills.
before one terrorist organization recognises this and offer him a tempting deal.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2017
Nigerdeltaboi:
I have seen dozens of photos of this guy disabling IEDs of various nature, can't the NSA porch this guy by offering him something juicy for him to disappear from Libya to Nigeria and impact his skills.
before one terrorist organization recognises this and offer him a tempting deal.

you've got my ribs cracking .

they need that guy more than we do....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
bidexiii:
His these North Korea or South Korea ?

It's Chinese. Their Airborne units fall under the Peoples Liberation Army Airforce (PLAAF).
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS SURRENDER TO TROOPS

Due to sustained series of bombardment on suspected location of Boko Haram terrorists, by troops of 26 Task Force Brigade, Nigerian Army, tOperation LAFIYA DOLE, today, Monday 3rd July 2017, over 700 members of Boko Haram terrorists are to surrendered to our troops.

Meanwhile, out of the 700, 70 have come out of hiding and are being profiled. The rest are expected to come out from hiding the coming days.

Preliminary investigation has shown that among them were key commanders and influential members of the terrorists group, one of whom matches suspect number 225 on Boko Haram terrorists most wanted list released by the Nigerian Army. So far, the surrendered terrorists have been making useful statements and it is expected that many more of them will surrender.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Brigadier General Sani Kukasheka Usman
Director Army Public Relations
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2017
ocelot2006:

It's Chinese. Their Airborne units fall under the Peoples Liberation Army Airforce (PLAAF).

the batch or insigma on the collar of that officer .

I av not seeing that type of flag before with Chinese army.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
Happening now today Monday 3rd July 2017: Nigerian Army Day Celebrations 2017 Photo/Art Exhibition at the Nigerian Army Resource Centre, Abuja:

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2017
another bush meat for the bois....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 5:50pm On Jul 03, 2017
bidexiii:

Which animal is this?

Am not too comfortable with the way they kill every animal in Sambisa.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
iblawi:

Which animal is this?

Am not too comfortable with the way they kill every animal in Sambisa.

Civet. Me too and Naira land is encouraging it.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
Fynline:

nairaland encouraging what......
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:17pm On Jul 03, 2017
Fynline:

nairaland encouraging what......
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 8:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
bidexiii:
MORE
Can you explain further what is going on here?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 03, 2017
bidexiii:

you've got my ribs cracking .

they need that guy more than we do....
sure but there is no harm learning one or two grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:03pm On Jul 03, 2017
JTF INTENSIFIES CLAMP DOWN ON CRIMINALS IN NIGER DELTA

Troops of Joint Task Force, Operation Delta Safe (OPDS) has over the weekend conducted successful raid operations on identified local arms manufacturing hideout in Arhavwarien Kingdom of Ughelli South in Delta State. The Commander OPDS Rear Admiral Apochi Suleiman disclosed this to newsmen in Yenagoa during a Press briefing session today.

The Commander represented by Commander Sector One, Colonel Moses Gara revealed that during the operation, 3 principal suspects were apprehended following a shootout with the suspects. They are; Mr Isiyaka Uchuko, Mr Ese James and Mr Elvis Phillips. Items recovered from them include; 13 Short barrel local made guns, 5 Double barrel local made guns, 10 x local made pistols, 3 x live cartridges, one empty catridge and 2 x Rounds of 7.62 millimeter special ammunition.

Admiral Suleiman said in another development, following a tip off, troops arrested one Mr Mathew Okafor, 50 years old in connection with the buying and selling of an International oil company wellhead popularly known as “Xmas Tree” and other wellhead accessories. He added that, troops also arrested a wanted oil bunkering kingpin, Mr Nkwe Godspower, 42 years old. Items recovered during his arrest include, 10x Cheque booklets belonging to different banks, an international passport, 5 x different Identity Cards and a sum of 1,000,100. 00 only. Both suspects are under our custody undergoing preliminary investigation.

Admiral Suleiman commended the general public and the press for all the support given to troops in their effort to achieve OPDS mandate. He appealed to the members of the public to provide timely information to troops in order to get rid of criminals from the region.

ABUBAKAR ABDULLAHI
Major
Media Coord

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:12pm On Jul 03, 2017
More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
TIMINGS FOR THE BROADCAST OF BBC HARDtalk WITH LT GEN TY BURATAI TOMORROW TUESDAY 4TH JULY 2017

Please be informed that COAS interview with Stephen Sackur of BBC HARDtalk is scheduled for broadcast tomorrow Tuesday 4 July 2017 on BBC TV as follows; 0330hrs and repeat broadcast same day at 0830hrs, 1430hrs and 1930hrs. You are kindly requested to watch and inform others to watch also. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NNAMDIII(m): 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2017
bidexiii:
omo see food o

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 12:10am On Jul 04, 2017
bidexiii:
TIMINGS FOR THE BROADCAST OF BBC HARDtalk WITH LT GEN TY BURATAI TOMORROW TUESDAY 4TH JULY 2017

Please be informed that COAS interview with Stephen Sackur of BBC HARDtalk is scheduled for broadcast tomorrow Tuesday 4 July 2017 on BBC TV as follows; 0330hrs and repeat broadcast same day at 0830hrs, 1430hrs and 1930hrs. You are kindly requested to watch and inform others to watch also. Thank you so much.
I pray make Stephen Sackur no finish our COAS tomorrow. That guy can be blunt sometimes and our COAS is not as articulate as Sadiq Abubakar.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 7:05am On Jul 04, 2017
Xbee007:

I pray make Stephen Sackur no finish our COAS tomorrow. That guy can be blunt sometimes and our COAS is not as articulate as Sadiq Abubakar.
Exactly!
He better be adequately prepared.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 7:43am On Jul 04, 2017
Tochex101:

Exactly!
He better be adequately prepared.
Seriously, we need to avoid stories that touches. I have seen people being grilled on HardTalk and it isn't funny. They can make you admit to stuffs you shouldn't and if one isn't careful, one might end up looking like a fool.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:23am On Jul 04, 2017
US conducts strike operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia

The U.S. conducted an airstrike operation against al-Shabaab, a terrorist group affiliated with al-Qaeda, in Somalia on Sunday morning, according to the U.S. military.
It was the second operation against al-Shabaab carried out under the new authorities granted by President Trump in late March, a U.S. official said.
The operation occurred at 7:30 a.m. ET, a spokesman for U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) told ABC News in a statement.
"We are currently assessing the results of the operation, and will provide additional information as appropriate," AFRICOM spokesman Patrick Barnes said. "U.S. forces remain committed to supporting the Federal Government of Somalia, the Somali National Army and our AMISOM [African Union] partners in defeating al-Shabaab and establishing a safe and secure environment in Somalia."
The Pentagon has not commented on who was targeted by the airstrike operation, but local media have identified the target as Ibrahim Haji Daud, a senior al-Shabaab commander and leader of the group's intelligence unit.
Last month, the U.S. carried out its first offensive strike against al-Shabaab under the new authorities.
Those authorities temporarily designated portions of Somalia south and west of Mogadishu to be an active area of hostilities, which means the U.S. could conduct offensive airstrikes. Until that authority was granted, the U.S. could only conduct strikes in self-defense in support of Somali troops and their U.S. advisers.
AFRICOM's Gen. Thomas Waldhauser told Pentagon reporters in March that he had sought greater authority.
“It's very important and very helpful for us to have little more flexibility, a little bit more timeliness, in terms of decision-making process” against al-Shabaab, said Waldhauser.
The U.S. has about 50 service members in Somalia -- advising and assisting members of the Somali military in their fight against al-Shabaab.
In May, a U.S. Navy SEAL was killed during an operation against the terrorist group 40 forty miles west of Mogadishu.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/us-conducts-strike-operation-al-shabaab-somalia/story?id=48420660
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tochex101(m): 8:55am On Jul 04, 2017
Xbee007:

Seriously, we need to avoid stories that touches. I have seen people being grilled on HardTalk and it isn't funny. They can make you admit to stuffs you shouldn't and if one isn't careful, one might end up looking like a fool.
I think Hardtalk is useless, its supposed to be about tough questions and interrogations but the presenter never allows you express yourself before shutting you out with a barrage of more questions. The guests are never given a fair chance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (2204) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.