Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,094 members, 7,859,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:39 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3072035 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 20, 2018
Burkinabe soldiers

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 20, 2018
newafricaken254:
thats the 21 century slavery future of unemployed youths in this continent
Honestly a very sad development because those soldiers don’t have a say in it, it’s identical to your country enlisting you in a PMC.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Iblawi1: 1:38pm On Apr 20, 2018
tdayof:

You sure we are getting the mig?

Yes bro, even some NAF guys still believe we might still go for Apache helicopter. Seems there is huge difference BTW the mi-35 and Apache helicopter.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fufubear: 1:57pm On Apr 20, 2018
Iblawi1:

Yes bro, even some NAF guys still believe we might still go for Apache helicopter. Seems there is huge difference BTW the mi-35 and Apache helicopter.
Apache is a better dedicated attack helicopter. Mi 35 isn't bad don't get me wrong but it's a purpose built multi role so can't fit some of the heavier sensor or other electronics since it has to carry troops/cargo too.

Personally I wouldn't go for apache though since anything from the US has extra strings attached. I'd go for Mi 28, Z10, or even the Rooivalk.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 2:18pm On Apr 20, 2018
Iblawi1:

Apache is definitely in the league of MI-28 and KA-52. The MI35M is an advance MI-24. Just like there is a difference between the F-18, F-15 and F/A-18, same to the MI-35, MI-28, and KA-52. Avionics, sensors, capabilities, and performances differ.

It will be of our best interest to go for the MI-28 except you want to pay dearly with the American embargo.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 4:19pm On Apr 20, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Honestly a very sad development because those soldiers don’t have a say in it, it’s identical to your country enlisting you in a PMC.
there is a documentary about sierra leone child soldiers hired by private military companies during the iraq occupation as guards,smart soldiers will know which conflicts to avoid and when to get out.but this mostly uneducated former soldiers who only know how to hold a gun,will go anywhere they are told

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgweKnqdeqo
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 4:21pm On Apr 20, 2018
last year uganda UPDF trained 62 equatorial guinea soldiers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRSzsWgyB6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f42_RKUBWt8
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2018
tdayof:
Apache is definitely in the league of MI-28 and KA-52. The MI35M is an advance MI-24. Just like there is a difference between the F-18, F-15 and F/A-18, same to the MI-35, MI-28, and KA-52. Avionics, sensors, capabilities, and performances differ.

It will be of our best interest to go for the MI-28 except you want to pay dearly with the American embargo.
From the NAF SPOKESPERSON:
The NAF will be getting ( CONFIRMED) the MI 35 from Russia
and some others ( UNCONFIRMED) the name of the HELICOPTER
I do not want to pour cold water on your source.
The NAF currently operates the following
Bell Helicopters
Augusta Westland
The HC Eurocopter EC145
Alpha Jet
Of these only the Augusta operates in the same family as the Apache
I t is unlikely, please do not be offended by my POV
The NAF IMHO will be acquiring the MI-35, and probably one of these
The EC145 or the Augusta because these are Frames the NAF and their technicians are familiar with.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 5:07pm On Apr 20, 2018
LTGEN:

Bell Helicopters
Augusta Westland
The HC Eurocopter EC145
Alpha Jet
The EC145 or the Augusta because these are Frames the NAF and their technicians are familiar with.

I understand your point. It's however not about maintenance facility. If we procure Apaches, the French or Italians will never sell you parts for it once you're under American sanctions.

Just look at the Tucano deal. The American stopped the sales to Nigeria by Brazil due to the American components In it.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 6:03pm On Apr 20, 2018
Iblawi1:

cheesy if wishes were horses...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 20, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

What is this new trend of nationalized guns for hire, they give you dollars and you send your men to go and die thousand of miles away in a conflict that doesn’t directly impact your country.

Except for the fact that those reports are complete BS.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SternProphet: 6:47pm On Apr 20, 2018
fufubear:

Apache is a better dedicated attack helicopter. Mi 35 isn't bad don't get me wrong but it's a purpose built multi role so can't fit some of the heavier sensor or other electronics since it has to carry troops/cargo too.

Personally I wouldn't go for apache though since anything from the US has extra strings attached. I'd go for Mi 28, Z10, or even the Rooivalk.

MI 35 M is inferior to AH 1Z and Apache. You can kill the enemy from farther and with more accuracy with AH 1Z viper. AH64 even more so. Apache longbow even has radar for even longer range and more effective killing power.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SternProphet: 6:52pm On Apr 20, 2018
LTGEN:

Bell Helicopters
Augusta Westland
The HC Eurocopter EC145
Alpha Jet

There is a new opportunity opening up on lightly used AH 1W helicopters in the US. They call it Super Cobra. They are used but refurbished like new with very good sensors and able to shoot munitions we are already getting with Super Tucanoes. Trump wants to approve sale of many as possible. Trump na craze man.I am sure during Buhari's visit, he will wave the brochure in his face and approve it right there.They might even grant export credit so we don't pay immediately

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/17810/pentagon-to-sell-off-its-ah-1w-super-cobra-attack-helicopter-fleet
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 7:06pm On Apr 20, 2018
SternProphet:

There is a new opportunity opening up on lightly used AH 1W helicopters in the US. They call it Super Cobra. They are used but refurbished like new with very good sensors and able to shoot munitions we are already getting with Super Tucanoes. Trump wants to approve sale of many as possible. Trump na craze man.I am sure during Buhari's visit, he will wave the brochure in his face and approve it right there.They might even grant export credit so we don't pay immediately

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/17810/pentagon-to-sell-off-its-ah-1w-super-cobra-attack-helicopter-fleet
the U.S won't sell you apache, AH-1s, chinook, seaSprite, MH-6 Little Bird or any other such helicopter.

simply because they dont want to.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SternProphet: 7:26pm On Apr 20, 2018
lionel4power:

the U.S won't sell you apache, AH-1s, chinook, seaSprite, MH-6 Little Bird or any other such helicopter.

Now they are selling everything. Simply because they need to.
The Super Tucano is already a line crossed and it has more cutting edge tech than super cobra
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 7:39pm On Apr 20, 2018
lionel4power:

Don't be so sure.
The left wing State Department
and Ammnesty International are still weeping
Bitter tears over the A29
Only 45 knows what he is going to do in the coming weeks.
Personally I think you are right.....but I have never seen an American President this unpredictable and unprecedented in his actions.
NSA - John Bolton Hardliner
Sec of State- Mike Pompeo Hardliner
CIA Director - Hardliner
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2018
LTGEN:

Don't be so sure.
The left wing State Department
and Ammnesty International are still weeping
Bitter tears over the A29
Only 45 knows what he is going to do in the coming weeks.
Personally I think you are right.....but I have never seen an American President this unpredictable and unprecedented in his actions.
NSA - John Bolton Hardliner
Sec of State- Mike Pompeo Hardliner
CIA Director - Hardliner
about Trump's unpredictability i can agree but many countries have been disappointed while banking on his way of doing things. i wouldn't put much hope on the man or any other U.S president.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 8:21pm On Apr 20, 2018
SternProphet:

Now they are selling everything. Simply because they need to.
The Super Tucano is already a line crossed and it has more cutting edge tech than super cobra
you cross the line when you get your product.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 21, 2018
Iblawi1:

We are not getting any MIGs, neither are we getting Apaches. You need to wake up from this day-dream my friend. No RFI, RFQ or evidence to support the claims about MIGs and Apache.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by CaptainStephen(m): 9:42am On Apr 21, 2018
Henry240:

We are not getting any MIGs, neither are we getting Apaches. You need to wake up from this day-dream my friend. No RFI, RFQ or evidence to support the claims about MIGs and Apache.
I feel you boss, if I ain't seeing, then I ain't believing.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 11:34am On Apr 21, 2018
a Sudanese soldier using a DJI Phantom drone in Yemen

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 21, 2018
Flintlock 2018

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 21, 2018
Proforce LAV in NAF service

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 21, 2018

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 8:07pm On Apr 21, 2018
kenya air force

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 7:40pm On Apr 22, 2018
a kenyan traffic policeman controlling traffic,in a flooded road

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:54am On Apr 23, 2018
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 5:28am On Apr 23, 2018
Kenya National Police Service Airwing supporting emergency food supply to flood victims in parts of Isiolo County.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 23, 2018
No maintenance contracts in place for 21 Squadron aircraft - so no flying

“If the air force cannot keep six aircraft operational and flying, what confidence can we have that they can maintain our safety, security and sovereignty as a nation?"

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-51446/

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 23, 2018
At the Nigerian army research and innovation summit 2018

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 23, 2018

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2018
PARTICIPANTS OF NATIONAL DEFENCE UNIVERSITY PAKISTAN VISIT NAF TO STRENGTHEN BILATERAL RELATIONSHIP

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF), yesterday 19 April 2018, played host to participants from the National Defence University (NDU), Pakistan, who were on a study tour of Nigeria. The team, which was made up of 3 Directing Staff and 15 participants, chose the NAF as one of the establishments to visit because of the long-standing relationship between the NAF and the Pakistan Military. The leader of the delegate, Air Commodore Tariq Usman Abbas, expressed the appreciation of the people and Government of Pakistan for the continuous cooperation it had enjoyed from the NAF and the entire Nigerian Armed Forces. He also lauded the NAF for its commitment to the security of Nigeria.

The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, who was represented by the Chief of Policy and Plans, Air Vice Marshal Muhammadu Muhammed, stated that the strong collaboration between Nigeria and Pakistan facilitated the delivery of 10 Super Mushshak trainer aircraft on schedule. He described both countries as ‘twin brothers’ and urged the participants to take advantage of the visit to learn more about Nigeria as they were potential strategic thinkers in whose hands the security of the world would revolve in the nearest future.

It would be recalled that the NAF, in December 2017, received the delivery of 5 Super Mushshak aircraft, bringing the total number of the Super Mushshak aircraft purchased from Pakistan to 10. The purchase of the aircraft made it possible for the NAF to graduate cadet pilots before their commissioning as officers, a feat last recorded about three decades ago.

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Hulu(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.