Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,503 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (542) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3026257 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 2:36pm On May 19, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

TROOPS KNOCK OUT 2 SUICIDE BOMBERS IN KAWURI

Troops of Operation Lafiya Dole yesterday Friday intercepted and neutralized two female suicide bombers who attempted to infiltrate a military Forward Operational Base in Kawuri, a remote community in konduga Local Government Area of Borno state.

The suicide bombers had used the cover of darkness to stalk the military camp at about 9.45 pm, but were promptly detected by the vigilant troops who engaged them when they refused to comply with the order to halt. One of the suicide vests detonated immediately killing the two suicide bombers while the second suicide vest failed to detonate. Explosive Ordnance disposal team have safely detonated the suicide vest.

Please disseminate this information to the general public through your news medium.

Thank you for your usual cooperation.

Colonel Onyema Nwachukwu
Deputy Director Public Relations
Theatre Command Operation Lafiya Dole

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandeswardt: 2:39pm On May 19, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
Instead of NA generals to pick up AH they have opted for light utility helicopters.. effectively LT Gen Buratai and his boys now have their own air taxi

What helicopters are they getting?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 19, 2018
Stephandeswardt:

What helicopters are they getting?
Eurocopter AS350, 40% already budgeted for

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SternProphet: 2:49pm On May 19, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
Instead of NA generals to pick up AH they have opted for light utility helicopters.. effectively LT Gen Buratai and his boys now have their own air taxi

1 MI 35M with armour cockpit, rockets, missiles and canons = $35million, waiting time 18months
2 AW109LUH with armour cockpit and TOW, misdiles and canons kit = $10million, waiting time 4 months

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 19, 2018
SternProphet:

1 MI 35M with armour cockpit, rockets, missiles and canons = $35million, waiting time 18months
2 AW109LUH with armour cockpit and TOW, misdiles and canons kit = $10million, waiting time 4 months

but they opted for neither of the 2, i wasn't advocating for the Mi-35 either the airforce already operates those... grin i like the Turkish t-129
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:09pm On May 19, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
Pick up AH & knock off the chip on NAF's shoulder? Say No to Turf Wars grin

The LUH are appropriate but I wish it were something already in service e.g A109 or EC135. I also have that fear the helos will become air taxi for generals that are homesick grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 19, 2018
Odunayaw:
Pick up AH & knock off the chip on NAF's shoulder? Say No to Turf Wars grin

The LUH are appropriate but I wish it were something already in service e.g A109 or EC135. I also have that fear the helos will become air taxi for generals that are homesick grin

its meant to be the other way round apparently, the army should be in charge of its own close air support and medical evacuations
US army has its the Ah64,
iraqi army Mi35, Mi28, Mi171SH, H135M,
Pakistani army has its cobras
Indonesian army dont even get me started on them ....list is endless, but i guess it depends on budget constraints and doctrine
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 3:42pm On May 19, 2018
Sizzorkay:
It's not a movie, it's a television series.
So you gotta find what season and episode that was in, not an easy task lol, unless you have time on your hands

Abi.. Movie ati television series na film. It's season 1. I think episode 6.

I just finished season 1 yesterday night.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 4:00pm On May 19, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Eurocopter AS350, 40% already budgeted for

Seriously.

More Air taxi..... tongue

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 4:31pm On May 19, 2018
MOD BUDGET PRPOSAL 2018

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 4:41pm On May 19, 2018
PART OF NN PROPOSAL 2018.....,

2X LST.....?

Landing Ship Tank, this is interesting .

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 19, 2018
bidex111:
MOD BUDGET PRPOSAL 2018
An extra 48 billion was allocated to “security” due to increase in the benchmark oil price used.

What does Defense intelligence agency do
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 4:44pm On May 19, 2018
PART PROPOSAL FOR NAF BUDGET 2018

It seems we are still getting the 3 JF-17 jets..

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 4:49pm On May 19, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

An extra 48 billion was allocated to “security” due to increase in the benchmark oil price used.

hmmmm they have alot of projects under them also. here his the link to donload the soft copy of the 2018 budget. http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/index.php/2018-budget-proposal
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:01pm On May 19, 2018
NA ARTILLERY

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:15pm On May 19, 2018
Here are some more moments captured from #SenegalAIT18!

Soldiers of the U.S. Army 3rd Squadron, 71st Cavalry Regiment "The Ghost Squadron", 10th Mountain Division, train with the Senegalese Army on Tactical Combat Casualty Care tactics at the Tactical Training Center Number Seven, May 14, 2018. (U.S. Army photos by Staff Sgt. Brandon Ames)

U.S. Army Africa U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Ambassade des Etats-Unis au Senegal #Africa #Senegal #Partnerships ...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:16pm On May 19, 2018
More....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 5:39pm On May 19, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

its meant to be the other way round apparently, the army should be in charge of its own close air support and medical evacuations
US army has its the Ah64,
iraqi army Mi35, Mi28, Mi171SH, H135M,
Pakistani army has its cobras
Indonesian army dont even get me started on them ....list is endless, but i guess it depends on budget constraints and doctrine
You forget all these army (save Iraq) are significantly larger?
As it is the Army's budget cannot even sustain "mundane things" how much more helos
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 5:57pm On May 19, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

if they won't steal it, they should allocate to Ministry of Interior! Heck that ministry only announces public holidays!
*The Border Corps of the NIS needs a dirty slap to wake up. I reckon naira bills would do a good job
*Equip the NPF with better comms
etc etc

DIA is just like NIA keeping tabs on ECOWAS/ECCAS(mainly) military/security strength/weakness. At the beginning of the Mali nonsense they were on hand providing Intel (Aerial & Human) for the NIBATT there.
You know, remembering the start of that Mali nonsense I wish our SOF capability was at the stage it is now
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 7:00pm On May 19, 2018
bidex111:
PART OF NN PROPOSAL 2018.....,

2X LST.....?

Landing Ship Tank, this is interesting .
What uav is the navy getting for almost a million USD?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:38am On May 20, 2018
tdayof:

Please someone tell me how much does a Chinese CH-4 or CH-5 cost
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:51am On May 20, 2018
��Nigerian Army Female soldiers rifle marksmanship.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:58am On May 20, 2018
#that crazy pilot
#crazy moment... angry shocked

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:01am On May 20, 2018
#Libya- vehicles of the #LNA in #Derna: Panthera F9, which look brand new (or at least freshly painted&refurbished) started appearing in large quantities during the recent military buildup .

I would love to see our own ARA MRAP in a long convoy in the north east theatre.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:22am On May 20, 2018
In 1969, the Nigerian Civil War was stopped for 48 hours as both sides signed a ceasefire deal in order to allow Nigerians watch Pele play with Santos FC in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:55am On May 20, 2018
tdayof:

Hopefully the Schiebel CAMCOPTER S-100 UAS

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 11:46am On May 20, 2018
bidex111:
PART PROPOSAL FOR NAF BUDGET 2018

It seems we are still getting the 3 JF-17 jets..

why was the JF-17 tagged as NEW instead of ONGOING? Are we paying for another 3 JF17 thunders?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 11:47am On May 20, 2018
Odunayaw:
Hopefully the Schiebel CAMCOPTER S-100 UAS

what of the LST?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:21pm On May 20, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

COURAGEOUS CIVILIANS FOIL SUICIDE BOMB ATTACK IN GUJBA

What would have otherwise been a devastating suicide bomb attack on a mosque in Gashua village in Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe state has been successfully foiled today by vigilant members of the community.

A female Boko Haram suicide bomber had infiltrated the mosque, while members were about to commence a prayer session but was detected when struggling to detonate a suicide vest strapped to her body. She was quickly restrained by the locals, arrested and handed over to troops at Azare.

Members of the Explosive Ordnance Disposal Component of Operation Lafiya Dole at the location have safely defused the suicide vest, while the suicide bomber is currently receiving medical attention due to injuries sustained during her arrest.

Please disseminate this information to the general public through your news medium.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Colonel Onyema Nwachukwu
Deputy Director Public Relations
Theatre Command Operation Lafiya Dole

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:24pm On May 20, 2018
iblawi:

what of the LST?

Ĺanding Ship Tank.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 12:43pm On May 20, 2018
bidex111:

Ĺanding Ship Tank.
I meant which one? I just know its from one Asian country.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 1:13pm On May 20, 2018
iblawi:

I meant which one? I just know its from one Asian country.

I don't know. angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.