Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,720 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:47 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3149028 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:33pm On Jun 05, 2018
saintjoel:

With English subtitle or Chinese.??

Go for the;"english subtitle".

The one I downloaded was Chinese.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:24pm On Jun 05, 2018
PHOTOS:

Earlier today, President Muhammadu Buhari got briefed by Security Chiefs, at the State House, Abuja.

Present at the meeting were: Minister of Defence, Brig Gen Mansur Dan Ali, Chief of Defence Staff, General Abayomi Olonisakin, Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen TY Buratai, Chief of Naval Staff is Ibok Ekwe Ibas, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar and Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, and a few members of cabinet.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ibrahimanees: 3:51pm On Jun 05, 2018
nemesis8u:

grin grin grin

U should stop visiting social media , they r so confusing,like there already is enough confusion so why add to the confusion to get more confused and if confusion was not enough , one gets confused about why the heck they r getting confused , is there any sense about getting confused as to why we r getting confused and then wondering what the confusion is all about, in this already damn confused world and add to it the darned confused social media with all the confused users posting confusing things and getting more confused and confusing things which r already confused. isn't it too much confusion wahala ?

Therefor I get u bro on the confusion thing. wink

And if I were Bruce almighty I would have cleared shiit all over the world. But then 90 % of the world population will have to be cleared grin

And nobody can be confused if there is nothing to be confused.

and for weapons procurement citizens have no role to play , only the military makes the call and they don't subscribe to social media for recommendations or do they ? grin

Only exception is Switzerland where citizens play a role.

And a sensible citizen will stick with the decision of their Military.

And I am taking that ur not a vampire grin
I am sooooo confusing confused right now

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 4:01pm On Jun 05, 2018
YouTube recommended this chilling video for me although I have seen it before several years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQWdOLwOJfE

I hope that gallant soldier survived though.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:14pm On Jun 05, 2018
Xbee007:
YouTube recommended this chilling video for me although I have seen it before several years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQWdOLwOJfE

I hope that gallant soldier survived though.

I don't know if he was given a medal for his gallantry act but he deserves one.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2018
bidexiii:

I don't know if he was given a medal for his gallantry act but he deserves one.
Certainly, he deserved a medal. He did a great damage to that terrorist that tried to murder him.

But the question is: did he survive the attack?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:23pm On Jun 05, 2018
NA neutralises a V.B.I.E.D during the fall of camp Zairo....

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:38pm On Jun 05, 2018
ADDRESS BY THE CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF LT GEN TY BURATAI ON THE OCCASION OF THE INAUGURATION OF THE COMMITTEE TO PLAN AND ORGANISE ACTIVITIES FOR OPERATION LAST HOLD AND NIGERIAN ARMY DAY CELEBRATION 2018

1. It gives me great pleasure to receive you all today for the inaugural ceremony for the Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL) 2018 and the activities for Op LAST HOLD. NADCEL, as you all know has been an annual event which was first celebrated on 6 Jul 78 in remembrance of the tragic events of the Nigerian Civil War. It is also used as a platform for the NA to reflect on its performance and celebrate its achievements.

2. This year, the NADCEL is scheduled to hold from 1 – 6 Jul 18 and it is intended to celebrate NA achievements and also to showcase the NA’s operational activities as well as its transformational strides in innovation, research and development, civil military relations and technological advances. More importantly, the NADCEL 2018 will provide an opportunity for participants and guests to be embedded in a real life military operation codenamed Op LAST HOLD.

3. The fusion of a full scale military operation with the NADCEL is a novelty which supports the drive to enhance professionalism in the NA. It is also in line with my vision for the NA which is “to have a Professionally Responsive Nigerian Army in the Discharge of its Constitutional Roles”. In view of the need to commence preparation towards ensuring a successful NADCEL 2018, there was a need to convene a Committee to plan and organize the activities for the joint conduct of Op LAST HOLD and NADCEL 2018.

4. As Committee members you have all been selected based on the appointments you hold, your individual astuteness and my personal observations about your character and ability to deliver on assigned tasks. I am thus very hopeful that you will carry out this task with the utmost attention and dedication to ensure we have the best NADCEL. I have directed that the NA’s innovative exploits be showcased during the NADCEL via a trade fair. You must therefore work with the Adamawa, Borno and Yobe State Governments to ensure we have a successful trade fair. In this regard, I wish to thank the representatives from Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states who are here today for honouring our invitation to serve on this Committee.

5. The Committee is to note the Terms of Reference and ensure that all tasks are completed on time. On this note, it is my pleasure to officially inaugurate the Committee to plan and organize activities for Op LAST HOLD and NADCEL 2018.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:55pm On Jun 05, 2018
A Picture of the Corvette Al-Guy Al-Masri.

The launch is scheduled to take place after the Holy Eid-E-Miladunnabi, God willing

1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:56pm On Jun 05, 2018
#EA

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:57pm On Jun 05, 2018
Mig-29's MIG-2 AND MIRAGE 2000 of the Egyptian Air Force in Cairo sky

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:04pm On Jun 05, 2018
A special photo of one of the heroes of # forces and shows his arming with assault rifle cz-807

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 06, 2018
UPDF, looks photoshopped to me

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
NAF Studet pilots, student from other countries might also be included

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
NAF Studet pilots, student from other countries might also be included

Nice pictures.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:35pm On Jun 06, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
UPDF, looks photoshopped to me

Yeah
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:50pm On Jun 06, 2018
Egyptian paratroopers in the #Sinai peninsula with CZ-807 BREN & AKM assault rifles .

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
EAF Beechcraft-1900c electronic warfare & surveillance aircraft spotted at Václav Havel International Airport in Czech Republic.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 1:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
@brendauji

So sad that five more Nigerian soldiers have to die in the Northeast after running into landmines.
This has to be reduced to the barest minimum. Without suitable MRAPS, every time soldiers go on Ops, it's with fear that something like this will happen.
#SupportNaijatroops

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 8:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
bidexiii:

It was a crazy movie like.

2hrs plus of action. grin
Chinese movie, American vehicles, Belgian guns. What else ?still watching.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 8:38pm On Jun 06, 2018
tdayof:

Chinese movie, American vehicles, Belgian guns. What else ?still watching.

Me too.....

Watched it over and over again.. grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:06pm On Jun 06, 2018
#AFSF

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 06, 2018
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 1:58am On Jun 07, 2018
Didn't like the movie, i know i know.
I find it odd how they were running once they got back to their ship to check back on their colleague that was injured earlier, it was like watching a bad Baywatch scene lol, why run? They were supposed to be hardened soldiers, what i saw was a rookie move, and the weird subtitles didn't help, so i turn that thing off, guess I'm gonna give it another shot tomorrow.
#Dontkillme grin grin grin grin

bidex111:

Me too.....

Watched it over and over again.. grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:03am On Jun 07, 2018
TRUST POLITICAL AND MILITARY LEADERS IN LAKE CHAD BASIN TO END TERRORISM

- Major General Irabor Urges Troops.

The Force Commander Multinational Joint Task Force, Major General Lucky Irabor has urged officers and men of the Task Force to trust political and military leadership of countries of the Lake Chad Basin to bring Boko Haram terrorism to a decisive and successful end. Major General Irabor made the charge today while addressing Cameroonian and Nigerian troops in Wulgo at the Nigeria - Cameroon border. The Commander observed that as soldiers, the primary responsibility is to profer workable solutions to defence and security challenges facing countries of the Lake Chad Basin, taking a cue from directions provided by political and military authorities. He noted that the fact that Boko Haram terrorists do not respect or recognize international borders in their quest to foist a regime of terror on the region, suggests that troops should rise above national sentiments and pursue a common goal.

Earlier, Major General Irabor was briefed on the progress of the first phase of Operation AMNI FAKAT and preparations for the next phase of the operation. The Force Commander expressed satisfaction with the clearance of Bukar Maryam, Koloram and Abaganaram, as well as the establishment of strong points in Gashigar, Metele and Arege. He commended troops for their sacrifices, but Urged more commitment and resilience in order to bring a lasting solution to the Boko Haram problem.

In a related development the Force Commander also visited headquarters of Sector 3 and Nigerian Navy outpost both in Baga, to assess operational readiness for future military engagements. In Baga, the Force Commander thanked officers, soldiers and ratings in both locations and commended their steadfastness and dedication to the eradication of Boko Haram terrorism.

Please dessiminate this information to the general public

Colonel Timothy Antigha
Chief Military Public Information
Multinational Joint Task Force
N'Djamena, Chad.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:12am On Jun 07, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

GENERAL OFFICER COMMANDING 7 DIVISION SOLICITS POPULACE SUPPORT TO END INSURGENCY

1. The Nigerian populace have been enjoined not to relent in their efforts of volunteering credible information to the military towards combatting terrorism in the country.

2.The Acting General Officer Commanding (Ag GOC) 7 Division, Brigadier General Abdulmalik Bulama Biu gave the charge on Wednesday, 6 June 2018 while fielding questions as a guest during his familiarisation visit to LAFIYA DOLE Radio 108 FM in Maiduguri, Borno State.

3. He said information is key to counter terrorism adding that it is the collective responsibility of everyone to synergize towards addressing insurgency particularly in the North East of Nigeria.

4. He appreciated the enormous support of the citizenry in passing valuable information to the military. He therefore charged them and other stakeholders to continuously work assiduously with the military and other security agencies in ending the insurgency in the region.

5. You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public through your reputable medium.

6. Thank you for your usual support and cooperation.

TEXAS CHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:21am On Jun 07, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

NIGERIAN MILIITARY RECEIVES COMMENDATION FOR GLOBAL WAR AGAINST TERRORISM

The Nigerian Military has received commendations for her "selfless devotion to the global war against terrorism and attainment of peace for all man kind". The certificate of commendation was presented recently by the Coordinator, Global Amnesty Watch (GAW) Switzerland, Mr David Falt, to the Theatre Command Operation Lafiya Dole, in a brief but colorful ceremony held at Maimalari, Cantonment Maiduguri,

Presenting the Certificate, the Coordinator GAW lauded the troops of Operation Lafiya Dole for the diligent conduct of the Counter Terrorism and Counter Insurgency operations in the North East, adding that the tremendous progress so far achieved in the entire theatre of operation deserves commendation.

He recalled also that 'about three years ago, pupils were not in school and the towns were deserted, but with the rejigging of the operations under the current military leadership, the story has changed for good'. Mr Falt also pointed out, that the operational successes of the troops facilitated the speedy return of normalcy and socio- economic life to many towns and villages in the North East.

Receiving the Commendation Award, the Theatre Commander, who was represented by his Deputy, Commodore Aminu Hassan expressed appreciation to Global Amnesty Watch for recognizing the effort and contributions of Operation Lafiya Dole troops to the war on global terrorism. He stated that the troops are in high morale and remain relentless in the war on terror.

The Theatre Commander stressed further, that the award will serve to motivate the Theatre Command, as well as the Armed Forces to sustain the good work and ultimately defeat the terrorists, Commodore Hassan assured the international body of troops ' commitment to professionally discharge their duties in conformity with extant Rules of Engagement and Code of Conduct that regulate the conduct of operation in the theatre of operation.

Please disseminate this information to the general public through your news medium.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Colonel Onyema Nwachukwu
Deputy Director Public Relations
Theatre Command operation Lafiya Dole

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:27am On Jun 07, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

TROOPS ARE COMMITTED TO CIVILIAN PROTECTION IN THE CONDUCT OF OPERATIONS IN THE NORTH EAST - Theatre Commander

The Theatre Commander Operation Lafiya Dole, Major General Rogers Nicholas has assured the United Nations Children And Educational Fund (UNICEF) of troops' commitment to the protection of civilians in the North East theatre of operations. General Nicholas gave the assurance today, while receiving UNICEF's Chief of Field Office, Mr Geoffrey Ijumba, at the Headquarters, Theatre Command Operation Lafiya Dole in Maiduguri.

Addressing the UNICEF delegation, the Theatre Commander asserted that the Theatre Command is open to constructive criticisms that will impact positively on the ongoing Counter Terrorism and Counter Insurgency operations in the North East. He frowned at blanket and unsubstantiated claims and allegations touted by some individuals and organizations in the media without diligent investigations. General Nicholas further disclosed that the conduct of Counter Terrorism and Counter Insurgency operations in the North East is guided by Rules of Engagement, Code of conduct and international best practices, adding, that effective internal disciplinary mechanism in the form of a standing Court Marshall is instituted in the theatre to sanction erring personnel.

The Theatre Commander urged the UNICEF Chief of Field Office to partner with the Command in alleviating some of the challenges that are envisaged will confront Internally Displaced Persons, as they are being mobilised to return to their respective communities.

Noting that the Nigerian Military was the first to provide Humanitarian services to IDPs in the North East in the form of evacuation of civilians from conflict areas, providing health care and education for the children, the UNICEF Chief urged the Theatre Command to sustain the professional conduct of its operations and keep the channels of communication open for viable interface on sensitive issues that may affect the operations. He assured the Theatre Command of UNICEF's commitment to the Principles of Humanitarian laws in the conduct of her Humanitarian activities in the theatre of operation.

Please disseminate this information to the general public through your news medium.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Colonel Onyema Nwachukwu
Deputy Director Public Relations
Theatre Command Operation Lafiya Dole

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by homerac7: 6:03am On Jun 07, 2018
bidex111:
TRUST POLITICAL AND MILITARY LEADERS IN LAKE CHAD BASIN TO END TERRORISM

- Major General Irabor Urges Troops.

The Force Commander Multinational Joint Task Force, Major General Lucky Irabor has urged officers and men of the Task Force to trust political and military leadership of countries of the Lake Chad Basin to bring Boko Haram terrorism to a decisive and successful end. Major General Irabor made the charge today while addressing Cameroonian and Nigerian troops in Wulgo at the Nigeria - Cameroon border. The Commander observed that as soldiers, the primary responsibility is to profer workable solutions to defence and security challenges facing countries of the Lake Chad Basin, taking a cue from directions provided by political and military authorities. He noted that the fact that Boko Haram terrorists do not respect or recognize international borders in their quest to foist a regime of terror on the region, suggests that troops should rise above national sentiments and pursue a common goal.

Earlier, Major General Irabor was briefed on the progress of the first phase of Operation AMNI FAKAT and preparations for the next phase of the operation. The Force Commander expressed satisfaction with the clearance of Bukar Maryam, Koloram and Abaganaram, as well as the establishment of strong points in Gashigar, Metele and Arege. He commended troops for their sacrifices, but Urged more commitment and resilience in order to bring a lasting solution to the Boko Haram problem.

In a related development the Force Commander also visited headquarters of Sector 3 and Nigerian Navy outpost both in Baga, to assess operational readiness for future military engagements. In Baga, the Force Commander thanked officers, soldiers and ratings in both locations and commended their steadfastness and dedication to the eradication of Boko Haram terrorism.

Please dessiminate this information to the general public

Colonel Timothy Antigha
Chief Military Public Information
Multinational Joint Task Force
N'Djamena, Chad.

These Cameroonian officers need to improve their physical look. Too pronounced mid sections. The Nigerian officers look sharper.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 07, 2018

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 07, 2018
Cameroon ISR

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (2212) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: jameslojohn(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.